The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2022, 06:08 PM   #1
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Thumbs up Rings of Power is Perfect--Bezos is Better than CT!

Extra, extra, read all about it! Spoiler warnings ahoy! The Rings of Power have begun to drop and it is good stuff. After a sere decade with nothing more salacious than The Fall of Gondolin (boring!) or The Nature of Middle-earth (not enough about Elven reproduction, if you know what I mean), at last we're returning to the glory days of the Peter Jackson era, but even better! Did you think there was just too much... how shall I say this? Tolkien? Too much Tolkien in PJ's movies? Well, you're in luck: there's very little to be faithless to here!

It's glorious. If you loved Frodo dying [edit: "going to the West"], we get some Straight Road to remind you of that. If you loved Thranduil's Moose, have we got antlers for you. There's a dagger for all you knife-lovers (remember, Galadriel may never wield a sword in canon, but the canon is tellingly silent about knives!). Fëanor appears as a precocious bully.

What do YOU think the best parts of the new show are? Personally, I like how simple that names are--I don't think I've really needed a diaresis yet! Chime in with yours.

FINE PRINT LEGALESE: THIS THREAD IS IN MIDDLE-EARTH MIRTH BECAUSE IT IS A PARODY: BUT ALSO, IT IS FUN: MAKE UP WHATEVER NONSENSE YOU LIKE! DISLIKING--OR LIKING--SOMETHING NEEDN'T BE DOUR.