The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tolkien It's Still Middle Earth to Me

I came across this song about The Hobbit movies, It's Still Middle Earth to Me, to the tune of Billy Joel's It's Still Rock and Roll to Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiePj-wxx4s

What do people think?
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
To the extent that I've seen the movies (which is to say the first of the three) it's spot on. Also Michael Murry should get together with these guys and make an album (if he didn't write the lyrics in the first place, that is).
Old 06-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Agreed with the message.

Although one has to ask what's the matter with the singer? Are there some of Radagast's bunnies in his trousers or something?

The other members of the band seem to understand to fit their movement and general habitus with the low-energy-level of the song and the overall lazy playing of the band, but the singer seems to think he is singing on top of a Red Hot Chili Peppers or Rage Against the Machine track?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:31 AM   #4
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand An interesting suggestion

An interesting suggestion about an album, Pitchwife. If one was produced along the same lines, I'd buy it.
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote