The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #641
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
At least one part of my record will be intact.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #642
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
At least one part of my record will be intact.

*pets you*

Also, I just want to thank Mira for taking one for the team like this. *snuggles*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #643
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Like to say GG to everyone. If magically Lottie isn't a wolf and Zul somehow isn't in that case good game Sally, because you've had me fooled the entire game. XD
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #644
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Five extreme cavern-divers remained.

There was Inziladun, who had mastered the art of falling feet-first, avoiding hazards expertly.

There was Sally, who prefered a more laid-back approach (literally), staring up at where she'd fallen from, trusting to luck more than anything else to keep her from hitting anything on the way down.

There was Paranoia, new to the mines of Moria, but not so new to the predicament in which they'd found themselves, falling belly-first into the bowels of Moria.

There was Lottie, the perky one, whose voice echoed back from the walls of the deep cavern as they plummeted in song, keeping their spirits up as they fell into the unknown.

Finally, there was Mira, the only one of them who'd thought to bring any weapons with her into the forsaken hole. A gleaming sword glittered in her hand (or would have, if it hadn't been quite dark down there) as she eyed the other four.

Which two would she take with her? Sally and Paranoia? Paranoia and Inziladun? Sally and Lottie? Lottie and Paranoia? Sally and Paranoia?

Inziladun and Lottie?

Yes, Mira mused, manuevering herself for the kill. Those two seemed like the most likely candidates. Precise Inziladun, always ready with just the right word or comment for the situation... like he was thinking overly hard on what would make him seem normal. Lottie, with her utter niceness, playing so buddy-buddy with Sally and herself, with her "just-us-girls" attitude.

It had to be one of them, right?

Inziladun was half asleep when she came close to him. Perfect. Mira swung her sword and Inziladun's head left his shoulders quite silently.... nothing. Sally and Paranoia looked on, eyes wide with hope and fear, as she pushed off the falling body of Inziladun and leapt over to Lottie.

Lottie took one look at the sword, then deep into Mira's eyes. She saw the iron-hard determination there, and her eyes widened and filled with tears.

Mira swung her sword.

Lottie's head separated from her shoulders and fell into the abyss, faster than her body, hair streaming in the wind from her passage.

A mournful howl filled the cavern from somewhere below them...

INNOCENTS WIN

Paranoia, Sally remain alive, and along with the rest of the innocents take first place.

Boro, Blind, Autume, Lottie take second place.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #645
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

WHAT. 4/5 AT THE START OF THE GAME AAHHHH this is a new feeling for me.

Also, I'm not that new. XD I've been playing Mafia which is essentially the same game forever now. This is just my first time here. <_<

GG all. XD
Old 05-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #646
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
WHAT. 4/5 AT THE START OF THE GAME AAHHHH this is a new feeling for me.

Also, I'm not that new. XD I've been playing Mafia which is essentially the same game forever now. This is just my first time here. <_<

GG all. XD

Heh. Mafia and Werewolf are insanely different, so yes, it's a new thing for you. And you were fabulous!

Also, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ^_^
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #647
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
...If anyone just heard me scream like a little girl in excitement and slam my hand on my friend's desk, I apologize.

I can NOT freaking believe I managed to pull that off. Sorry for disappearing like that at the end, but Robin Hood kinda took precedent. I was freaking out the entire time though.

Shasta, thanks for being a jerk and making me wait until 1. You'll be getting my medical bill.

Also, sorry Inzil, for killing you.

Congrats to the innocents though! Well done guys! This was the most fun I've had with a Werewolf game in a long time. Thanks for modding, Shasta.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 05-22-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: xed since Shasta, my favorite 2 hour lover.
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #648
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
First Night kill, and the Cobbler... DOH!

I can’t believe no one, save for probably Sally - picked up on Mira’s Hunter hint. It was a direct response from you asking about the Hunter.

Every time someone called Paranoia a newbie, I giggled. Perhaps to WW, yes - but the differences between it and mafia; are quite small. He had even mentioned playing with me before. Had he been a wolf, he would’ve been cleared for one of the silliest things. Meta-reasons to clear a person are always quite iffy.

I really wanted the wolves to pull out a victory. Though overall I think the town was going to win anyhow - in the long run the wolves win tallywise. Buuuttt, I think if the wolves had won, it would've been a serious slap in the face to the town. Considering the dreams and how many people were modkilled.. and inactive.

Thanks for hosting Tanner. xD
Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #649
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, hey. Well done, Mira! You made the second one count after all.

At least I didn't get you lynched, like in Mira's game, Sally.

Great job, Paranoia! Glad to see I was right about you, at any rate. It was a fun first game with you.

I hate that Celuien couldn't be more active, but it was good to play with a WW vet I'd never encountered before.

Lottie very nearly pulled off a win, so kudos to her and the rest of the pack! This really was a fun game.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #650
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Night 0

Dream: Boromir88

Cobber - Isabellkya knows of Wolf - Loslote

Night 1

Dream: Glirdan

Hunt: Inziladun

Save: Paranoia

Kill: Isabellkya

Night 2

Dream: Blind Guardian, Autume98

Hunt: satansaloser2005 (I think, back me up on this Mira?)

Save: Nerwen, Nerwen

Kill: The Elf-Warrior

Night 3

Dream: satansaloser2005

Hunt: satansaloser2005 (I think?)

Save: Celuien

Kill: Nerwen, Nerwen (second kill unused)

Night 4:

Hunt: I don't even remember

Save: Keeper of Dol Guldur

Kill: Celuien, Celuien (second kill unused)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #651
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Well, hey. Well done, Mira! You made the second one count after all.

At least I didn't get you lynched, like in Mira's game, Sally.

Great job, Paranoia! Glad to see I was right about you, at any rate. It was a fun first game with you.

I hate that Celuien couldn't be more active, but it was good to play with a WW vet I'd never encountered before.

Lottie very nearly pulled off a win, so kudos to her and the rest of the pack! This really was a fun game.
I think Not being the night one kill for once in a very long while is very refreshing; it's the entire reason I let the newbie status spread. xP

But I enjoyed it, despite me very nearly letting Lottie wolf slide through the endgame; but as I said I by and large considered Sally to be innocent, so asking to have her killed wasn't on my agenda.

Also don't trust Shasta to not make me a wolf. He totally would. He's seen me as mafia before, he knows I can handle myself. Don't trust him not to do it and to clear me on being "new" to BD werewolf. I let it slide because I'm not interested in being a night kill but that's about the only reason I did. <_<

Edit: Also yay at being the night one save. xd
Old 05-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #652
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Ah, yes. Can't forget Nerwen's stellar dreaming. It really is uncanny how she does it. That's two games that I've been a part of that she got at least three wolves as a Seer.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #653
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
YAY! Nice work, Mira! (And the rest!)

And Lottie, you pulled off some very daring and seamless wolf-on-wolf tactics– especially considering it was your first time as a proper wolf. I didn't suspect you at all until after I was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Every time someone called Paranoia a newbie, I giggled. Perhaps to WW, yes - but the differences between it and mafia; are quite small. He had even mentioned playing with me before. Had he been a wolf, he would’ve been cleared for one of the silliest things. Meta-reasons to clear a person are always quite iffy.
I know– I spent the last Day praying Sally was right about Lottie– because I didn't think it was Zil, and the village was going to look very silly indeed if it was Paranoia.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #654
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Since Nerwen posted can I?

Anyways, Omg! I have wanted to post since I died. Shasta, thanks for letting me die nice. That one time I thought Sally was the wolf saying that about Loslote. . Great game
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 05-22-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #655
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Since Nerwen posted can I?
Yeah, Blind. Game's over.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #656
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

The game's over; anyone can post. :P

Edit: Xed with TANNAH because we are both watching this like hawks. Apparently.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #657
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Thumbs up

Congratulations to the innocents! I was surprised that Lottie was the final wolf. Blind Guardian, you can post freely because the game is over.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 05-22-2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: x-posted from past Blind Guardian on.
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #658
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Yeah, back to being annoying!! Happy first game ever for me!!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #659
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

I know plenty of people considered me somewhat suspicious for the longest time for being "aggressive" day one; it sort of amused me. What part of the aggressiveness got people so riled up, so to speak, by the by?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #660
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

It was weird, a bit annoying (look who's talking!) and something that evil wolves would do
Old 05-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #661
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Question: are we going to start a new game?!?!??

*waits patiantly like an obideant dead wolf*
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #662
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just FYI. Loslote was the wolf I knew about from the beginning. I figured any kind of hints First day would've been very risky. Had I been completely innocent, I would've voted for her.
I was thinking Boro was a wolf and was hesitant to vote for him, and mainly did so because Loslote said she was fine with either him or Nienna going. I ultimately voted for Boro over Nienna, because Nerwen had put the lastlynch vote on her, and I doubted anyone would vote for Loslote again to put her in the lead. I hadn't thought Nienna was particularly wolfie, so did not want my name attached to her lynch. xD
Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #663
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
First Night kill, and the Cobbler... DOH!
I must admit, I have to take most of the blame for that one. My packies backed me up, but I really pushed for the lynch.

Quote:
Yeah, that last Day I decided to let what happened, happen. I broke my rule of "don't post unless you absolutely have to!!" a couple of times, but I think I did pretty good at shutting up. Didn't work, but hey, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Night 2

Dream: Blind Guardian, Autume98

Hunt: satansaloser2005 (I think, back me up on this Mira?)

Save: Nerwen, Nerwen

~~~

Night 3

Dream: satansaloser2005

Hunt: satansaloser2005 (I think?)

Save: Celuien

Kill: Nerwen, Nerwen (second kill unused)

Night 4:

Hunt: I don't even remember

Save: Keeper of Dol Guldur

Kill: Celuien, Celuien (second kill unused)
We seriously considered using our double-kill on Nerwen Night 2. I'm glad we didn't. Elfie was actually our candidate for Ranger - we didn't have any real idea, and when he said "I'll have to think through the implications" I jumped on it...I may have abused the double-kill thing wherein I don't waste the kill if I put both on one person, but why not, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And Lottie, you pulled off some very daring and seamless wolf-on-wolf tactics– especially considering it was your first time as a proper wolf. I didn't suspect you at all until after I was dead.
*bows*

And you all said you didn't think Shasta would saddle Boro with three newbie wolves. Well, he bascially did - I'd never been a proper wolf, either.

Quote:
I know plenty of people considered me somewhat suspicious for the longest time for being "aggressive" day one; it sort of amused me. What part of the aggressiveness got people so riled up, so to speak, by the by?
The swearing. None of it would have been all that offensive if you hadn't sworn - but you did, and all us wolves couldn't have been happier. We were sure you'd go on offending everyone and getting yourself killed - and then you go and turn out smart.

EDIT: xed with Izzy. *snuggles a dear little cobbler*
Old 05-23-2010, 01:41 AM   #664
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Eye

Quote:

The swearing. None of it would have been all that offensive if you hadn't sworn - but you did, and all us wolves couldn't have been happier. We were sure you'd go on offending everyone and getting yourself killed - and then you go and turn out smart.

EDIT: xed with Izzy. *snuggles a dear little cobbler*
So most of it was me being uh... not used to the site. XD Nice to know. <_<

Part of me wonders had you been around if you'd been able to turn the decision to ask that you be hunted around.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 AM   #665
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
So most of it was me being uh... not used to the site. XD Nice to know. <_<

Part of me wonders had you been around if you'd been able to turn the decision to ask that you be hunted around.
I was around. I chose not to post. I figured that if I fought being hunted, I'd be even more likely to be hunted, while if I was silent, Mira would either a) not think of me as much (out of sight, out of mind) or b) decide to give me the benefit of the doubt because I wasn't around (it's happened before). Clearly it didn't work, but it was the best strategy I could think of.

Itsy bitsy edit a cos I forgot to say before: Thank you Shasta for a lovely (and VERY well balanced!) game.

And I cracked up every time *anyone* said they trusted me. I was surprised no one caught on when all my posts were so happy.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-23-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:10 AM   #666
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Well done Mr. Shasta. Bravo game. And good hunting Mira.

I was quite alright with having 3 new wolfpups, my biggest regret was not being able to PM with them at all on Night 0. I was consumed with work and I wind up getting back to my PM box being full and one from Shasta saying "You're a wolf. Sorry, you've got a host of cublings."

I thought Day 1 looked pretty well for us...I'm glad Lottie caught on to what I was doing by voting for her and went with it. That was probably the thing we did that worked the best. I wanted it to look like a bandwagon so the counter "save Lottie wagon" would start, and with Nerwen having dreamt of me already, that actually worked in our favor more. Then going into the next night, I just said it worked, people were trusting Lottie, I was dead meat, so she shouldn't be afraid to attack me. And I would try to throw suspicion elsewhere.

I forgot McCaber was playing until the last few hours I had, and decided to really go after him, because my ultimate future plan was...if I could just survive one more day, I would tell the pack we needed to use the additional kill and one of them being Nerwen. But alas, the early reveal for Nerwen was perfect timing.

And Blind since I didn't get to tell you, I appreciated you defending me the day I was killed. My calling you a wolf, and pointing out how you flopped quickly, I was hoping when I died everyone would think I was trying for a "lynch the easy newbiew" scheme. But once I saw Nerwen say she was going to dream of you next, there was no hope. Sorry, just try to be a little more subtle next wolf-stint and you'll be fine.

Anytime the cobbler dies Night 1, village would be safe to lynch me, because...yeah I don't know how that keeps happening. Sorry Izzy and Shasta.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #667
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Alas that system prevents me from giving this post the rep it deserves:
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's amazing!

Boro has to be a wolf. Only his luck could be this bad.
I laughed my head off at the time, I can tell you. So did our mod, as a matter of fact.

Nice wolf-spotting in the endgame, too– it can be all too tempting to trust the player who defends you.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:50 AM   #668
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Alas that system prevents me from giving this post the rep it deserves:

I laughed my head off at the time, I can tell you. So did our mod, as a matter of fact.

Nice wolf-spotting in the endgame, too– it can be all too tempting to trust the player who defends you.
I laughed too...along with shaking my head and thinking a bunch of mean words I could say to sally, that would of course show my affection.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #669
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Anytime the cobbler dies Night 1, village would be safe to lynch me, because...yeah I don't know how that keeps happening.
Let'a face it, being Borowolf's cobbler is a lot like being Túrin's best friend.

...Like I could talk.