The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #281
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Boro's plan is clearly a desperate attempt to save himself. There are a number of suspect-looking folk around– why, in that case, should we waste the lynch?

That only ever makes sense if there's no real candidate, and that's not the case here.

I wonder at tum for going along with it. Yes, I do.
I agree with this. Well, the second bit especially. There's lots of real candidates I'd be happy with -well at least a few- and this "backup" plan could too easily turn into a cheap lynch for the Day. Like I said before, I'm not against this idea in a game where there's retractables and we all agree that in a crisis we'll switch to the dead weight, but in this situation it's too easy to muck up.

I got distracted, sorry. List in a few.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #282
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
This is a good point as well. I definitely like the idea of getting two wolves! However I'm at the point where I need to vote because my internet keeps on going down, and I would hate for it to not come back up at some point. So as much as I would like to get two wolves, I'm going to have to vote for Cabs. The reason I'm going to vote for Cabs is because I'm not sure if we'd be able to kill two wolves. The odds or more in the favor of us killing another ordo. And I really think we need all the villagers that we can have especially since the wolves have that double kill. I also would hate for us to take out one of the gifteds. Now there is also the chance that Cabs could be a gifted. I would really hate for that to be the case.

With all that here goes...

++McCaber

Edit: x-ed with Lottie and Boro
Uh... first thing of note; isn't any vote on someone who's inactive essentially a wasted vote? Caber has as equal a chance at being a wolf as anyone else. If that's the case just letting the modkill take care of him'd be enough for me; I'd rather look for the wolves among the people who are at least actively posting. At least they're the ones who won't catch themselves for us, so uh, I'm not sure what the Caber vote accomplishes...
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #283
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm going to vote for ++mccaber

please except that I can't highlight on an iPod touch
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 05-16-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #284
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sectioning people off with just a basic list for now.

Will not vote:
Blind (new kid on the block pass)
Paranoia (ditto)
Tum (ditto)
Sally (for obvious reasons)
Nerwen (I currently trust her)
Lottie (ditto)
Cabbie (nothing to go on)
Glirdan (not a lot to go on)

Might vote upon further inspection:
Mira
Inzil
Celuien

Will consider voting:
Elf (for reasons and squicks stated earlier, which I feel quite more strongly than before, though Elf is still not my first choice)
Boro (because I'm having trouble believing he's innocent what with all this plotting, though I'm thinking he's just trying to achieve some sort of weird Phantom like prize....maybe he's just gone mad?)
Morsul (for being so anti-village and not even trying to disguise it)
Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #285
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Uh... first thing of note; isn't any vote on someone who's inactive essentially a wasted vote? Caber has as equal a chance at being a wolf as anyone else. If that's the case just letting the modkill take care of him'd be enough for me; I'd rather look for the wolves among the people who are at least actively posting. At least they're the ones who won't catch themselves for us, so uh, I'm not sure what the Caber vote accomplishes...
It takes the heat off the wolves, that's what.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #286
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I thought Boro was looking rather better, until all this about McCaber.

I can't be around for DL toDay, so I have to vote now.

Boro is tempting. Still, there's that little bit of doubt that tells me he could be a misunderstood innocent.
Or, I could stir the pot a bit and vote for Celuien, who, after posting almost nothing on Day 1 beyond rules discussions, made a throwaway vote on the grounds that she didn't think anyone was really suspicious. She hasn't been here at all toDay that I recall.

Hmmm. Make it....

++Boro

Sorry if you're innocent, mate, but I can't get past the idea you're trying to lead us astray.

x/d with all since 283
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #287
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
GyI'm going to vote for mccaber

please accept that I can't highlight on an iPod touch

Yes you can. Just type [ highlight ] your text [ /highlight] except without the spaces in the coding. It's the same as manually typing in a bold or center code.

And I'm REALLY not liking how -as I predicted- Boro's contingency plan is turrning into a fullout McCaber wagon really darn quickly. Bloody told you so....

EDIT: x'd with Nerwen and Dun
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #288
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:

Okay, the Boro and Tum votes for Cabbie were bad enough, but this looks a lot like bandwaggoning against an easy, wasteful lynch. It might also be a newbie following what she things is good reasoning, but it's looking bad for BeiGe.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #289
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:

Why are you going to vote for McCaber, Blind? It's a worthless throwaway.

EDIT:X'd since last vote.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #290
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, so I hate making such dramatic policy reversals, but Blind's last post bugs me hardcore. She (right?) has just jumped up into my top category (or rather the bottom one), newbie pass or no.

Analysis time, I think.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #291
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
It takes the heat off the wolves, that's what.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Okay, the Boro and Tum votes for Cabbie were bad enough, but this looks a lot like bandwaggoning against an easy, wasteful lynch. It might also be a newbie following what she things is good reasoning, but it's looking bad for BeiGe.
This!

Quote:
Why are you going to vote for McCaber, Blind? It's a worthless throwaway.
THIS!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #292
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm gonna be gone for a bit, but I should be back in half an hour or so. I really really hope I get back in time to vote.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #293
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Quote:

WOAH! Hold your horses there! I can't believe you you were considering Boro suspicious earlier, but are readily going along with the wagon counter to his lynch; really makes me think you're trying your best to make sure Boro doesn't die. Really makes you look mighty furry together.

*I* really don't like how fast the wagon counter to the Boro wagon is picking up speed, but part of me has is a wee bit paranoid (just a wee bit) that this is bussing an inactive wolf to save an active one.

So without getting much of a chance to go over things, I think I'm go... wait. I do know. I'm voting...

Boromir.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #294
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sally, lynch Boro, please. We need to know what he is– and I find BG suspicious mainly for her relations with him (though also for her "I'm a poor widdle n00b lost in the woods" schtick).
Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #295
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Paranoia, you have to put two plusses in front of your vote or it doesn't count. Kudos on getting the highlight though; I know I used to forget all the time!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #296
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally, lynch Boro, please. We need to know what he is– and I find BG suspicious mainly for her relations with him (though also for her "I'm a poor widdle n00b lost in the woods" schtick).
Erm....let me think about it. (No, seriously. Let me look at Blind's stuff and then I'll decide. Right now I don't think Boro's as transparently evil as we all think.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #297
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Paranoia, you need to put ""++" in front of your vote.

EDIT:X'd since last post.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #298
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Because it ends in 2 minutes and I am tired and want to go to bed. What else do you want?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #299
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Uh... quick question. What's with all the "Xed with <name>" posts? Could someone explain that bit to me because I'll be honest... I have no idea what's going on with that. x_x
Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #300
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Because it ends in 2 minutes and I am tired and want to go to bed. What else do you want?
Uh... who ya talkin' too because there are nine million people who that could be referring. Also, day ends in 54 minutes. :P

Also.

++Boromir
Old 05-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #301
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Uh... quick question. What's with all the "Xed with <name>" posts? Could someone explain that bit to me because I'll be honest... I have no idea what's going on with that. x_x
It's marking that your post crossed with theirs. It can be important to know this.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #302
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
The game's not over for nearly another hour. If you want to vote and sleep, fine, but remember that throwaway votes are exactly that. They're worthless and get us nowhere.

Let's think about it this way. Lynching McCaber toDay kills McCaber, but he'll already be dead at Day's end. Lynching someone else? We at least have a chance of catching an active wolf, whereas with him we'd be getting rid of numbers and not actual threat.

Anyway, off to analyze....erm, you, actually.

EDIT: x'd since the post I quoted
Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #303
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

IT ENDS IN 45 MINUTES!?! Who's time zone am I on? Dang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I mean she might be just a newbie who is grateful to him for being kind to her, and doesn't understand why he's suspicious, but still...
Thank you.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #304
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Ok. No time to really write a lot today to explain (*glares at RL work stuff*). Let's find out what

++Boro

is up to.

Also, now that we know BG wasn't making shoes, I do wonder about all the confusion. Will worry about that toMorrow.

Sorry for being a generally poor participant today.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #305
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Yeah, I left at three thinking I'd be back in a hour or two. 5 or 6 later! Anyways, I voted for McCaber because I thought that there was only a few minutes left to vote. Sorry.

Also, I have nothing to do with Boro. I just didn't want to see him get lynched. Why? No clue. I just don't find him guilty. Sorry, again.

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 05-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #306
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So..............................

I have a really bad feeling about this Boro lynch. Does anyone want to know why?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #307
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
So................................................ .................................................. ...............

I have a really bad feeling about this Boro lynch. Does anyone want to know why?
Why?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #308
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Why?
Erm....well, I sort of kind of think he's been hinting that he's a gifted.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #309
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Personally, I have a really bad feeling about Boro, but I'm fine with lynching him.

EDIT:X'd with Sally.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-16-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #310
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Bloody Downs! I wasn't ready to submit yet. Anyway, gimme a couple minutes and I'll dredge up the relevant posts, yes?

Mind you, I'm not sure he is a gifted, but if he's hinting at it (and I think he is, and I hate myself for bringing it up) and is gone for the Day and not able to reveal properly, I think it's up to us to at least not kill him until we investigate.

EDIT: x'd with Nerwen
Old 05-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #311
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I hate my rubbish life....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Well one time voting that way did get a wolf. But at that time I don't think there were clear mod-fire rules if someone didn't vote so many days in a row.

I'm not saying everyone bandwagons to vote McCaber, because that doesn't tell us anything (even if he is a wolf) and would be a waste. However, giving him a few votes to make him an able quick choice if needed to avoid a disastrous lynch shouldn't be anything to *gasp* over.

Not everyone can stay to the DL everyday (this game I'm gonna be one of those who can't). As far as I know right now, he's going to be mod-fired at the end of the day if he doesn't vote, and if there is someone else you feel strongly wolvish about go for it, but in the event that we're wrong and there's a gifted reveal, it's nice to have a fallback option to go to. If McCaber's going to get mod-fired (maybe we can ask Shasta for clarification?), it would be most wise to make him the fallback if there is some sort of untimely reveal or chaotic madness that happens far to often towards the DL.

If you think to, it really doesn't waste a lynch/day, just delays it to the next day. It would be a waste if everyone bandwagons to vote for McCaber now, but giving him a few votes to make him an option and protect against a disastrous lynch...there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
But you're assuming Cabbie's not a wolf. And again it's not stalling the game at all! We either get 2 shots 1-day, or 2-shots 2-days to get a wolf.

What is so impossible to understand that you can't lose the # of lynches in any game. With any number of people, you get the same # of chances to lynch a wolf, because the number of people don't change, just the amount of days.

Please Lottie, point to where I said we all go and vote for McCaber right now...I said I'm not going to be on the DL, and I don't want to wake up finding out I was lynched, on top of someone else being mod-fired (on top of already losing wilwa). I said we need to make him an available choice to protect against an absolutely disastrous lynch. Who knows what you can learn from McCaber's death, or the votes? You can't until he's killed.

And again it's not wasting any chance we have t lynch a wolf...none whatsoever. Do the math, do you want 2 chances at a wolf, in 1 day or 2 chances in 2 days? So I'm doing it because I'm tired of arguing this, as I argued it the last time I advocated it. When you come to realize I'm right, I will rub it in your face, just so you know.

++McCaber
Underlining mine. There was something else too, but the internet/Downs is being strange so I missed it in the rush to make this post. I don't know. Am I nuts?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #312
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And now everyone's quiet.

Nerwen-->Boro
Morsul-->Blind
Boro-->Cab
Tum-->Cab (2)
Mira(ish)-->Blind (2)
Blind-->Cab (3)
Dun-->Boro (2)
Paranoia-->Boro (3)
Cel-->Boro (4)

EDIT: Fixed my vote count, as I missed Blind's vote because it wasn't in standard format.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 05-16-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #313
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Oh, dear. I come back and find not only an escalating Boro wagon, but also Sally saying that he might be gifted? Well. Honestly, I'd be happy with either a Boro or a BeiGe lynch, but I must admit I'm more comfortable with a BeiGe lynch right now - Boro's more confusing, and BeiGe just screams newbie wolf. Vote count:

Nerwen -> Boro
Morsul -> BeiGe
Boro -> Cabbie
Tum -> Cabbie (2)
Mira -> BeiGe (2)
BeiGe -> Cabbie (3)
Zil -> Boro (2)
Noia -> Boro (3)
Xed -> Boro (4)

EDIT: xed with a couple Sallys
Old 05-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #314
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Oh, dear. I come back and find not only an escalating Boro wagon, but also Sally saying that he might be gifted? Well. Honestly, I'd be happy with either a Boro or a BeiGe lynch, but I must admit I'm more comfortable with a BeiGe lynch right now - Boro's more confusing, and BeiGe just screams newbie wolf.
Let's do it then. I'm just too uncertain about the Boro thing to lynch him right now. What do you say, Little Lottie? All innocents together?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #315
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Underlining mine. There was something else too, but the internet/Downs is being strange so I missed it in the rush to make this post. I don't know. Am I nuts?
Yes.

I mean, yes, he might be hinting he's gifted there, but, it just seems to me, only the way wolves often do– in fact wolves drop those kind of vague, uninformative hints more often than the actual gifteds, in my experience. After all, what's the point of a gifted alerting the wolves?

EDIT:X'd with Lottie and Sally.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #316
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Im just waiting for something to say. Yeah the Downs screwed up on me too
Old 05-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #317
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Fine, that does it.

Boro's a wolf. Ask me how I know.

EDIT:X'd with BG.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #318
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes.

I mean, yes, he might be hinting he's gifted there, but, it just seems to me, only the way wolves often do– in fact wolves drop those kind of vague, uninformative hints more often than the actual gifteds, in my experience. After all, what's the point of a gifted alerting the wolves?

EDIT:X'd with Lottie and Sally.
Well I'm not a wolf and I noticed, so heck if I know. And I'm probably wrong, but with that niggling right there I don't want to go and kill him and then have my only prize be an 'I told you so' dance at the start of toMorrow. Like I told Boro re: his plan, without risk there's no reward. I'm willing to keep him around another Day, even if just one, so I can decide whether or not I believe those 'hints'.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #319
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Let's do it then. I'm just too uncertain about the Boro thing to lynch him right now. What do you say, Little Lottie? All innocents together?

I don't think Boro's hinting at being a gifted; that's stretching it a tad. But I'm more certain about BeiGe than I am about Boro, so here goes...

++BeiGe
Old 05-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #320
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Fine, that does it.

Boro's a wolf. Ask me how I know.

EDIT:X;d with BG.
Oh, all right, how do you know?