The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #161
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Izzy

#84 Explains the rules of Werewolf in their entirety.

#85 Wants Seer to hold onto extra dream, worried about Hunter and extra kill, dismisses Cobbler, talks about fake reveals.

#108 Comments on Boro's bandwagoning.

#120 Responds to Lottie about Seer reveals, maintains that xe should save extra dream for later and not reveal.

#131 Clarifies abbreviations, gender questions.

#139 Debates between Nienna and Boro. Dislikes both their votes (Paranoia and Lottie).

#141 Votes Boro.

So based on that, it sounds an awful lot like Boro is a wolf. Of course, that's totally based on pulling clues from the narration, which is generally a no-no.

Last edited by Mirandir; 05-15-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: xed since my last
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #162
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
I don't think that Boro's a wolf, of course what am I to know?
Just so you know, Blind, the reason it would be funny if Boro were a wolf is that last time he was a cobbler, the wolves killed him on Night Two.

The reasons for thinking he might indeed be a wolf are these:

1. Evil-looking vote on Lottie.

2. His reactions to my joking accusation just seemed "off" to me– like someone who is trying to go along with the joke, but is inhibited by the fact that for him it's not really a joke, if you see what I mean. That's highly subjective, I admit.

3. Izzy voted him. Izzy died. That could be because her vote on Boro made the wolves think she was the Seer.

I wonder who "Izzy's wolf" was? There may be a clue in her posts.

EDIT:X'd since BG at #159.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-15-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #163
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
It's possible that it wasn't even so much bad luck as it was that the wolves thought Izzy was the seer, which I think is also a definite possibility. Go back to Christina's vote at the end of day one on Boromir; the kill certainly makes a lot more sense from the perspective that the wolves thought her to be the seer, and that she'd dreamed one of their own, i.e. Boromir.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #164
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
It's possible that it wasn't even so much bad luck as it was that the wolves thought Izzy was the seer, which I think is also a definite possibility. Go back to Christina's vote at the end of day one on Boromir; the kill certainly makes a lot more sense from the perspective that the wolves thought her to be the seer, and that she'd dreamed one of their own, i.e. Boromir.
Who's Christina? I don't believe we have any Christinas here.

(Yes, I know, but not everyone does. Hee.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #165
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Just so you know, Blind, the reason it would be funny if Boro were a wolf is that last time he was a cobbler, the wolves killed him on Night Two.
Oh yeah. Heh. I nearly forgot about that. *giggles*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #166
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Who's Christina? I don't believe we have any Christinas here.

(Yes, I know, but not everyone does. Hee.)
Yeah; I have issues sometimes slipping up when I know someone's name. It's an issue of mine because I have a hard time keeping track of all the different names people use. Also I see I posted a condensed version of what Nerwen posted like.. right after her. XD
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #167
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This is all just guessing though. And she wasn't the Seer she was the cobbler. Right? So what's the big deal. If you vote off Boro you may have one less wolf/Seer/villager or whatever. Though I see where you are going. Looks suspicious. Hm...
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #168
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Boralysis

Edited out smilies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Is up, but on my day off I fully plan on going back to the whole sleeping in thing. I just wanted the all-powerful Mod know that indeed I am indeed alive.

*Looks at post count.* Nah, not going to attempt it when I'm feeling curmudgeonly. If someone would kindly post a summary of the activity that would be great. Actually, whoever does post a summary, I will not vote for today.

*Hates shaky, clammering thunderstorms. Returns to snuggling 'neath blankets and curling into a ball.* Wake me in 4 hours please. Whoever does, I won't vote for today either.
Is sleepy (long Night, perchance?) and asks for a summary of the posts so far.

Quote:
I was about to tell Nerwen and Mira they would need to do a much better job at summarizing than that to get a no Day-1 vote from me, but those were actually quite accurate. Wow.

Funny how both of you do what I asked, but take two different attitudes towards me. Mira seizes the opportunity to do a "by the way" I love you. I'm obligated to ask, because this always seems to happen...trying to get me comfortable with you so my guard's down and it's easier to kill me? You know if I die next night and I find out you're behind it, I won't talk to you for a week, right? Glad we understand eachother now.

And Nerwen talks about canine freudian slips. Canines fear much more than thunderstorms. The canines of the variety we are lynching happen to fear vampires, I happen to like vampires.
Is surprised at the lack of content and makes a rather random note about Nerwen and Mira's attitudes, as well as joking about canine Freudian slips. We are having rather a lot of Freudian slips this game...

Quote:
Werewolves hating Vampires is about as old as the feud between Demons and Angels. It goes way back, long before the days of the talentless saga I will not utter here.
Talks about Werewolves vs. Vampires; disses ******* (and yes, the bleeped-out nature was my own).

Quote:
Yes, but I assume that feuds that run as deep as werewolves and vampires are cross-dimensions, time, and mythologies. And Gandalf was the sleeze of Middle-earth, he hung out with everyone, but doesn't mean everyone liked him. He was just that annoying and pushy. You either had to stroke his ego or ignore him.

Anywhowhathavesya, I can't promise my flippant I'm bored-dedness is over, but my intentional off-topic diversionary tactics are (I know, I know, never end a sentence with a preposition...sue me grammar gustapo.)

Let's see...

Blind seems very spunky for a new one. I like it. It probably makes me a terrible person to admit it, but most newbies I ignore because they are oh-so-tentative and quiet. Not going to ignore this one, and he's (she's?) working to be noticed. Nice, annoy everyone, and you'll get along fine.

Celuien's back! Woooo! And Tom Petty reference means you've earned my good favor today. You know the way to my heart, but Don't Do Me Like That.

Nienna's straight to business post is a good sign of her being innocent. Even though it was a response to Lottie, don't like the somewhat random seer-advisory message.

Lottie I have absolutely no clue, that's a massive amount of posts even by her standards. If you want to do your usual get yourself in trouble confusion, looks like you've already got your shovel out. I'm not taking the bullet for you this time, the way I see it...you owe me one.

wilwa is obviously sick because she's still trying to adjust to eating raw meat off the bone at night.
Wraps up the werewolves vs. vampires and the off-topicness; likes BeiGe and Nienna's style; is glad Xed is playing; jokes about Vanilwuffin's illness; and warns me that he's not going to be saving me this game and that I owe him one. This is admitedly true, but it does seem odd to bring it up.

Quote:
Excellent, because this means if I die, you either wouldn't be involved in anyway as you wouldn't want the "Nienna treatment" from me, or you would be involved and that means you don't give a darn. I've got all I need to know, I think I can safely assume the former with you. (P.S. I do include cobblery, however. If we are going with the cobbler = .5 wolf conversion...if you're the cobbler I won't talk to you for 3.5 days. Does this change anything?)

Maybe to you, but to me it says I'm telling Nienna I like her usual business-like approach, but not the content.
Banter with Mira (I thought you said you were done with banter?) and responding to Zil about an apparent discrepency in his post about Nienna.

Quote:
I'm going to have to vote within the next hour, so who I've decided not to vote for...

Mira, rather easy and obvious decision really. She actually might get a 2-day no vote from me.

Nerwen, for the brief summary, and jumping through my hoops.

Blind Guardian, feel quite good about her participation.

sally because I missed her birthday and I need to pay pennance.

Everyone else is fair game.
Says he will not vote for Mira, for no real reason, Nerwen for the summary (that you could have given to Mira as a reason, too - and Mira did post first!), BeiGe for being a good little newbie, and Sally as a belated birthday gift. Really, I can think of several other people who could easily have been added to this list - the people who hadn't yet posted come to mind.

Quote:
Must be going, best thing I can come up with...call it a bandwagon, it is or what have you.

[*HIGHLIGHT]++Lottie[/HIGHLIGHT]

For making me think Rikae was in the game and I was going to post something like "Rikae not eerily arriving and saying something terrifyingly creepy yet is worrying me." But then checking the list of players and seeing Rikae isn't even here.
Votes me for extremely weak reasoning, especially considering that he labeled his vote a bandwagon. Why would he do that anyway? If Izzy wasn't already the cobbler, I'd almost want to say he was trying to get himself lynched.

Quote:
If votes don't start coming in, I'm going to be PO'ed to no end...To be unable to vote due to certain unforseen circumstances is one thing, the conscious decision to refuse to vote is ridiculous and weak.

Paranoia, the feelings are mutual.
Grumbles (VERY understandably) about the lack of votes and grumps at Noia.

Conclusions: Boro certainly looks more guilty than not.

Next up: a Glirdalysis (as he did the same thing I think Boro suspicious for doing).

EDIT: xed with people
Old 05-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #169
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

OK now he sounds evil.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #170
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Oh yeah. Heh. I nearly forgot about that. *giggles*
Oh, well, I forgot about the other one– which is silly, considering I was his packmate.

Quote:
This is all just guessing though. And she wasn't the Seer she was the cobbler. Right?
Barring a Seer-reveal, it's always "just guessing". The point is that the wolves may have thought she was the Seer.

Quote:
So what's the big deal. If you vote off Boro you may have one less wolf/Seer/villager or whatever.
Er... yes.

EDIT:X'd with BG.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #171
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
(For those of you who've missed the joke, I was once a cobbler for a pack Boro was in, and I met the same fate as Izzy. Hehe. Makes me giggle.)
I was going to mention Morsul's game where the wolves killed cobblerHim, but several people beat me to it.

Quote:
Nerwen: I wonder who "Izzy's wolf" was? There may be a clue in her posts.
I glanced over her posts briefly when finding Boro's posts, and I didn't see anything, but I didn't look at them all together. There might be something there - it would certainly be nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
1. For a moment I thought you were talking about me.

2. Why would the wolves think she was the seer and that she'd found a Boro-wolf? If that was true, she'd have either gone after him far more aggresively, or she'd have revealed. They could have thought she was the Seer and would dream of him, though - and that could be the reason. Or it could have been bluff, or it could have been killing someone who never seems to get lynched, or it could have been that they don't like yellow flowers. Really, trying to guess the wolves' reasoning is rather shooting in the dark.

EDIT: xed with a Nerwen
Old 05-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #172
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Er... yes.
This made me laugh. Now, Glirdalisis, before I get distracted again!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #173
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Oh. Not much, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Okay, so, I'm here...but I'm not...Really busy night and the DL happens to be at a decent time...but not on weekends

In short,

I'm voting now as I will not be around for the rest of the Day....like, at all...If I'm here for Day 2, I'll be able to post a little more, but the DL happens to fall in the middle of my sleeping and then school and rehearsals...in other words, don't expect much from me.

As for my vote, it is purely out of spite!

[*highlight]++Lottie[/highlight]

Happy hunting!
Turns out this is all he posted...votes me because I got him lynched last game (when he was a wolf, though, so it really isn't the same thing) and says that he'll not be around.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #174
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Why would the wolves think she was the seer and that she'd found a Boro-wolf? If that was true, she'd have either gone after him far more aggresively, or she'd have revealed. They could have thought she was the Seer and would dream of him, though - and that could be the reason. Or it could have been bluff, or it could have been killing someone who never seems to get lynched, or it could have been that they don't like yellow flowers. Really, trying to guess the wolves' reasoning is rather shooting in the dark.
As I said last game, very often the reason for the kill is something that seems obvious to the wolves but never occurs to the village. However, if you'll take the word of someone who has been a wolf a lot, the fact is that when you're furry everyone who glances at you sideways looks like the Seer. And in this particular set-up they wouldn't have taken any chances.

So no, it's not certain they thought she was the Seer, of course, but I think it's a reasonable theory.

EDIT:X'd with two Lotties.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #175
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
As I said last game, very often the reason for the kill is something that seems obvious to the wolves but never occurs to the village. However, if you'll take the word of someone who has been a wolf a lot, the fact is that when you're furry everyone who glances at you sideways looks like the Seer. And in this particular set-up they wouldn't have taken any chances.

So no, it's not certain they thought she was the Seer, of course, but I think it's a reasonable theory.
Eh, I'll have to take your word for it - I've never been a wolf (Cursed, yes, but that's not quite the same). Anyway, anything having to do with the Seer points to Boro - and that certainly does serve to further my "Boro is a wolf" theory.

And I know I still owe you one, Boro. I'll pay you back next game, k? Good.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #176
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

I just so happened she was the cobbler So who killed her?

EDIT: Xed with lottie
Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #177
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I just so happened she was the cobbler So who killed her?

EDIT: Xed with lottie
The wolves. They were silly.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:57 PM   #178
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
The wolves. They were silly.
The Almighty Mod is watching.

And he approves this post. It made him giggle.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #179
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

No I meant who is the wolves, I knew that!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #180
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
The Almighty Mod is watching.

And he approves this post. It made him giggle.
Does he approve of it enough to give us a cookie?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #181
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Does he approve of it enough to give us a cookie?
I shouldn't be bantering in my own game thread, but.... yes, Lottie, have a cookie.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #182
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Computer cookie or food cookie? And for who you or the wolf? :P

EDIT: Xed with the mod.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #183
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I shouldn't be bantering in my own game thread, but.... yes, Lottie, have a cookie.
Quote:
Computer cookie or food cookie?
I meant a Sally-type cookie. Still, this works too. *eats cookie*
Old 05-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #184
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

I want one...j/k
Old 05-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #185
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I want one...j/k
...my cookie.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #186
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

OK OK enough with the cookies! Who's the wolf?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #187
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Well, it's sort of traditional for me to suspect Shasta when he's being modlike, but...

Boro. I think Boro.

Also Morsul, because of his supremely annoying "no vote" yesterDay. See my vote post for reasons why this is evil.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #188
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Boro does look suspicious. I don't know, let me read
Old 05-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #189
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Paranoa too, looked suspicious.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #190
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

ATTENTION

Mirandir is being replaced by Keeper of Dol Guldur for... some reason.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #191
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
ATTENTION

Mirandir is being replaced by Keeper of Dol Guldur for... some reason.
That reason being that my account has 666 posts and SOMEONE refuses to let me post again and thus forked over his account information.

Quote:
That's kinda the point of the game. To figure that out. Try working some suspicions out for yourself and see where that gets us.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #192
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Paranoa too, looked suspicious.
Hmm. Noia could just be a rather...agressive newbie. I'd give him a bit longer to see if he calms down a bit.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #193
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

We where talking about cookies, I was trying to get us back on track.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #194
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Then that leaves Boro
Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #195
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
That reason being that my account has 666 posts and SOMEONE refuses to let me post again and thus forked over his account information.
...okay, that's funny.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #196
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Doesn't understand...
Old 05-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #197
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Then that leaves Boro
It's not so much that it leaves Boro, he just happens to look guilty. There are plenty of other people who could be wolves. Actually, three more, to be specific.

For example...I still don't like Morsul's refusal to vote. And there are several people (Glirdy, Wilwa, Cabbie, and Tum come to mind) who haven't really posted and thus haven't given us much to work with. But Boro does look bad, I'll readily give you that.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #198
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

True. I don't like Morsul's refusal to vote either. Might be a wolf trying to act innocent.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #199
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Morsul's refusal to vote doesn't bother me the way it seems to be bothering other people. I've refused to vote on Day 1 plenty of times because I hate crapshoot votes. At least he bothered to post, unlike half the people supposedly playing in this game.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 05-16-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: bolding
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #200
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
Morsul's refusal to vote doesn't bother me the way it seems to be bothering other people. I've refused to vote on Day 1 plenty of times because I hate crapshoot votes. At least he bothered to post, unlike half the people supposedly playing in this game.
Thing is, though, he didn't even try. He just said "I'm confused. Kbye!" and left. At least some of the people who didn't vote had excuses (not that all of them did, and some of them have some explaining to do. *looks stern*). He was around. He could have asked questions, or gave an opinion on something. Morsul is usually louder than that. Even when he's confused (which he often is), he'll still talk. The fact that he's not talking, and purposefully doing so, is something I find rather bothersome. Still, I've been known to get crusade-y about Morsul before, and he's been innocent then, so...