The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
WW: LXXVI - At Moria: EXTRA Edition

Plot will be up tomorrow, tomorrow morning is my second day at work (I work in the mornings, won't affect the game at all, ).

Suffice it to say you're all falling down Moria. You know, bottomless mines and all that. Enjoy freefall, but beware the wolves falling with you, hmm? Of course, you're sleepfalling, seeing as how it's Night 1, but you know. Seer can dream, Wolves can PM among each other, Hunter can send me a hunt if he/she likes, but obviously there won't be a kill.

Happy hunting!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Dark-Eye

Yeah!! I can't wait till tomorrow! Don't you think since this is Moria they should be called Orcs instead of wolfs? It would make sense. Any ways, let the slaying (and free falling!) begin!!

Am I the only person online that wants to do this?!?
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 05-13-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Blind, you posted during a night phase. Silly.

Night 1 ends. Day 1 begins and will end at midnight.

Something I forgot to mention - in case of a tie, the last person to receive the number of votes will die.

You may now post. Plot tomorrow. Just know that I cracked my head on an overhang while falling with the rest of you and am now dead.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hehe...

If it doesn't have a tail it's not a werewolf
Even if it has a wolfy kind of feel
If it doesn't have a tail it's not a werewolf
If it doesn't have a tail it's not a werewolf but an ord!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Well I'm freeee, free-fallin', free fallin'...

I don't think I like falling at all! It's bad on the nerves, and not at all like gliding down over Mulholland...

Why couldn't we go over the mountain rather than into Moria?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Mira, Boro, and Wilwa posted first second, and third, so one of them must be guilty. Oh, wait...

Morsul is guilty just on principle.

Zil I can usually read pretty well, but so far I have nothing - thus, guilty.

Blind posted early. Clearly an example of a newbie wolf!

Sally had a birthday, and thus must be evil.

Cabbie decided to come back, probably because he knew he'd be a wolf!

Elfie has a much-debated nick; he must be using this to his advantage in appearing innocent and thus must be guilty!

Nienna's name can be shortened to Ni, which is very Monty-Python-esque, thus...Burn the Witch!

Nerwen's name means (unless I'm way confused) man-maiden, which is similar to man-wolf, which is evil!

Izzy is being a real submarine this game. Has she even posted at all?

Glirdy has an avie that can easily be interperted as evil. Coincidence???

Tum has come back from a long absense, probably at Sally's request, and thus probably to be Sally's packmate!

Celuin, last I saw, has a frog avie. This is clearly referencing Wilwa's Grimm Tales game, which means that she and Wilwa must be packmates!

Paranoia's name is similar to Paranormal, which in turn references werewolves. Thus, evil!!

~~~

Okay. A wee bit more serious now (but still not all that serious).

I am not going to vote for*:

BG or Para as they are new.

Cabbie, Celuin, or Tum as I have never played with them before.

Rikae as I'm pretty sure we can assume she's not evil.

*barring Seer reveal

Now that that's out of the way...I really, really hope I x with someone.

EDIT: Ooh, yay, xed with a Celuin and an Elfie and a BG!

Last edited by Loslote; 05-13-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

You forgot Elf-Warior. The name could be a hoax, must be evil!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #8
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Sally had a birthday, and thus must be evil.
By that logic everyone has to be evil, as everyone has a birthday.

Lottie's logic is majorly flawed. Confused innocent (again) or wolf? Meep!

Also....

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Sting

I doubt any of us enjoy falling. We have a bigger problem. Werewolves! Hideous creatures of the stygian night.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Dark-Eye

Acully I edited that around 4 in the afternoon.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

We can always try to push each other off!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #12
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
For Blind..

The game of Werewolf is an informed minority (baddies) vs. an uninformed majority (goodies). It means that the werewolves know whom they are and who each other are. By this, they know everyone else is a goodie - aka townie/town/village/villager/innocent. The villagers don't know the alignments of anyone, save for themselves - hence uninformed majority. The job of the Villagers is to find the werewolves, and lynch them - by voting for people whom they think are werewolves. The werewolves' job is to eliminate enough villagers to equal or outnumber the remaining players, and they win.

The village is only capable is 'killing' people by voting and lynching people.
The werewolves are able to kill a person at night - for current game, they are the only ones allowed to converse with each other during the Night phase. Which is most typical of every game, the ability for the wolves to converse amongst each other during the Night. During the Day is a quirk, and special feature chosen by the mod when they want it in their game.

The admin thread usually gives details about what roles you'll find in the game, voting rules, deadlines.. that sort of thing. We aren't supposed to post on the game thread during the Night phase. Communicating with other players outside of the thread is a nono - unless you have specific instructions saying you are able to. There are no vote retractions, so once you make your vote - thats it.

With this game, we have : A seer, Ranger, Hunter, Cobbler, and four wolves. That means if you don't have one of these roles - you are a plain villager aka ordinary/ordo. Seer, Ranger, and Hunter are all town aligned roles - which means they have special powers to aide the village in finding the wolves.

A seer is capable of dreaming for the wolves. They send the mod a name during the Night phase, and the mod replies back whether or not that person is a wolf.

Ranger protects people from being killed during the Night phase.

The Hunter, is kind of like a vigilante. They posess the ability to kill another player when/if they die. They send a name to the mod, and should the Hunter die - their chosen name goes with them.

Cobbler, is aligned with the town by technicality. However they are working for the good of the wolves. They are kind of like a spy. Typically they do not know the identities of the wolves, and the wolves don't know who the Cobbler is.

Ehm.. that is about all I can think of for that. Hope that helps. xD

Oh. When you vote for a player, typically we do [b] ++playername [/ b] or [highlight] ++playername [ /highlight]. Though without the spaces. Those are just with spaces in them. Yeah.

Something else. All of these special roles, they are used during the Night Phase. Sending player names to the mod, their results given, etcetera.

Also also. The game is separated into two 'phases' - Day and Night, both roughly lasting 24hours each. During Night is when the special roles use their powers, and the wolves discuss amongst each other who to kill. The Night phase ends with the death of a villager - which also begins the Day. Day phase is when we discuss who we think are werewolves and vote. The player with the most votes is lynched, which marks the end of the Day Phase.

People tend to capitalize Day/Night to signify they are talking about the game phase, and not real life day/night.

I hope people turn serious.. soon.

Oh good, people have turned serious. Post some thoughts in my next post, so it doesn't confuse.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #13
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I agree that the Seer shouldn't necessarily use their extra dream so quickly, as it would essentially be a waste of it. I think it is not the norm that the seer goes so quickly, and holding onto it for a phase or so enables them to get a better perception of players, and they are able to better make their dream choices. If they want to use it early, that is entirely their decision. Who knows, people could be looking very suspicious early on, it has happened.

The Hunter and their extra kill, kind of worries me - as it isn't alignment specific, so they could essentially take out two innocents with them. The likelihood of taking out two wolves is less probable than two innocents, or one innocent and one wolf.

The Cobbler, there is no reason to keep them around. I think they should be treated more like a wolf than ever before - given that they already know the identity of one wolf. If not a full wolf, they are .5 of one.

To the idea that anyone could say they were the seer. Fake-claiming a role is typically something that the wolves do, to either save themself from a lynch and/or to try and get the real special role to out themself. Ordos fake claiming, is just a mess. It can happen, as a way to protect the real special role - though as the sentence right before says.. it is a mess.