The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
cellurdur
Shade of Carn Dűm

cellurdur has just left Hobbiton.
Would the Half-Elven vanish if they wore an elven ring?

This is my first post on these boards and I have a number of questions. I would like to hear other people's opinions on these.

The first of them is we know that the great elven rings, forged by the smiths of Eregion made mortals vanish. The Witch King vanished as did Isildur men of high Nunmenorean descent. What about the Half-Elven though?

Would Earendil have vanished before he became immortal? What about Elwing and Dior? The Silmarils were supposed to be hallowed against mortal touch, but the Half-Elven (and Beren) could touch and use them. So would they too be able to use the great rings without vanishing. Then there is Elros, who is Elrond's twin. Elrond could use the great ring without vanishing, so shouldn't his brother likewise be able to do the same thing? Changing the fate of his fea should not have changed the innate power he had, which we would expect to be equal to Elrond's or close enough to it.
cellurdur is offline   Reply With Quote