The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #4041
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Belated Happy Birthday Kitty!

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:45 AM   #4042
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday Lommy and Ang! Hyvaa syntymapaivaa!
Old 02-22-2021, 06:10 AM   #4043
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Seconded Happy Birthday to Lommy!
Old 02-25-2021, 05:46 AM   #4044
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday Morth!
Old 02-25-2021, 06:09 AM   #4045
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Seconded Happy Birthday to Morthoron!
Old 02-25-2021, 11:27 AM   #4046
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks, Gal and Inzil.

Sixty-one years old today. I can now officially....

1) Yell at kids for stepping on my lawn.
2) Start every conversation with a comment on the weather.
3) Walk into a room and forget why I went there.
4) Describe in detail why music has sucked the last 40 years.
5) Start debating on whether I can afford to retire at 62, 67, 70, or never.
6) Designate my daughter as my IT tech, because I gave up trying to figure out how this damn printer works!
7) Never worry about anyone asking for my ID when purchasing liquor....even if it would be good for my ego if they did.
8) Continue to buy CDs, because in the event of an Apocalypse everyone who saved their albums on the Cloud will be without music.
9) Start every conversation with a comment on the weather.
10) Find myself repeating something I already said.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:25 PM   #4047
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
Sixty-one years old today. I can now officially....

1) Yell at kids for stepping on my lawn.
2) Start every conversation with a comment on the weather.
3) Walk into a room and forget why I went there.
4) Describe in detail why music has sucked the last 40 years.
5) Start debating on whether I can afford to retire at 62, 67, 70, or never.
6) Designate my daughter as my IT tech, because I gave up trying to figure out how this damn printer works!
7) Never worry about anyone asking for my ID when purchasing liquor....even if it would be good for my ego if they did.
8) Continue to buy CDs, because in the event of an Apocalypse everyone who saved their albums on the Cloud will be without music.
9) Start every conversation with a comment on the weather.
10) Find myself repeating something I already said.
You have about 15 years on me, but I can already check off those boxes.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:16 AM   #4048
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday narfforc!
Old 03-06-2021, 09:00 AM   #4049
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Elmo and Narnangol!
Old 03-07-2021, 06:08 AM   #4050
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Eomer!
Old 03-07-2021, 08:08 AM   #4051
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Eomer!
Old 03-07-2021, 11:26 PM   #4052
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday TeaGEW!
Old 03-11-2021, 06:15 AM   #4053
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Rikae!
Old 03-11-2021, 09:17 AM   #4054
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Seconded, happy birthday Rikae!
Old 03-14-2021, 09:05 AM   #4055
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Burrahobbit!
Old 03-14-2021, 09:19 AM   #4056
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Seconded.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:28 AM   #4057
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Celuien!
Old 03-21-2021, 06:52 AM   #4058
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Rimbaud!
Old 03-27-2021, 07:47 AM   #4059
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Elempi!
Old 04-02-2021, 05:01 AM   #4060
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday pio!
Old 04-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #4061
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Happy Birthday Piosenniel!
Old 04-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #4062
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Happy Birthday, Lindolirian!
Old 04-06-2021, 05:10 PM   #4063
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Seconded, happy birthday Lindolirian!
Old 04-07-2021, 08:57 AM   #4064
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Nerwen! May your wit grow ever sharper, and your fangs grow ever longer... oops, did I give it away?
Old 04-07-2021, 01:24 PM   #4065
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Seconded Happy Birthday to the fearsome (and ever well-preserved) Nerwen.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:52 AM   #4066
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Mccobbler and Finduilas!
Old 04-11-2021, 08:49 AM   #4067
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Child and Manwe!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 04-11-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:56 AM   #4068
Ring Bearer
Animated Skeleton

Ring Bearer has just left Hobbiton.
Are 90% of the people you guys bother to wish even active?

Yeah I know I am "disturber of the peace".
Ring Bearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:11 PM   #4069
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Bearer View Post
You know, every now and again I wish happy birthday to someone who hasn't posted in months, if not years, and they reply with a thank you. Besides, even if these people don't show up, they are still people we know and would welcome back with open arms. So while most of them probably haven't been active for quite a while, I don't see that as a reason to stop "bothering" with this thread.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:30 AM   #4070
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Holbytlass!
Old 04-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #4071
Ring Bearer
Animated Skeleton

Ring Bearer has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
You know, every now and again I wish happy birthday to someone who hasn't posted in months, if not years, and they reply with a thank you. Besides, even if these people don't show up, they are still people we know and would welcome back with open arms. So while most of them probably haven't been active for quite a while, I don't see that as a reason to stop "bothering" with this thread.
That's some good spirit!
I didn't quite understand how do these members get mailed tho,because as far as I can see when usernames are posted--they are not linked. And I can't for example link your username in my post...
Ring Bearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:01 PM   #4072
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
That's some good spirit!
I didn't quite understand how do these members get mailed tho,because as far as I can see when usernames are posted--they are not linked. And I can't for example link your username in my post...
They aren't mailed. I don't think there's a way to set up notifications if your name is mentioned. You can subscribe to threads, but there isn't a way to link usernames.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:04 PM   #4073
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Every year I wish happy birthday to someone who's not been on the Downs or even the Internet since about 2006 (I knew her on a different site). It's a way of memorialising the good times without getting overly maudlin about them being gone.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:09 PM   #4074
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
They aren't mailed. I don't think there's a way to set up notifications if your name is mentioned. You can subscribe to threads, but there isn't a way to link usernames.
No, but you do get a friendly Happy Birthday message from the forum itself, provided that you've entered a valid DOB.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:02 PM   #4075
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
No, but you do get a friendly Happy Birthday message from the forum itself, provided that you've entered a valid DOB.
And a valid email. I haven't used the address I signed up with in almost as long as I've been signed up, so I've completely forgotten about this.
Old 04-16-2021, 02:04 AM   #4076
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
And a valid email. I haven't used the address I signed up with in almost as long as I've been signed up, so I've completely forgotten about this.
... and provided your email didn't decide back in 2019 that notifications from the Downs qualified as spam. -_-

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:31 AM   #4077
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Spawn!
Old 04-24-2021, 10:56 PM   #4078
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A very happy birthday to Boro! Happy hobbit coming of age!
Old 04-25-2021, 02:36 AM   #4079
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Seconded! Happy birthday Boro, hope you don't inherit any evil jewellery today!

hS
Old 04-25-2021, 03:17 AM   #4080
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday indeed to Boro!