The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2021, 03:59 PM   #601
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I mean my easy advice to the dead is Lommy is the wolf but yaknow y’all do you.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #602
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Do I get pity points for just being rear ended?
Old 04-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #603
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Sorry to hear that!
Old 04-29-2021, 04:17 PM   #604
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
You mean IRL? Aw, that sucks.

You know, this could be the first WW game on the Downs won by the Dead not the Living.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:21 PM   #605
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fender bender no huge deal. But dang.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #606
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
As long as it's the other person's fault, and their insurance pays... In traffic, unlike in war, wounds in the back are more honourable.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:34 PM   #607
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh my god

(yes I am awake)

so we're really in the hands of the dead now

I don't think I will sleep.

Dead people,

I don't even know what to say.

Except what I already said to Pitch and Soriman.

Please think.

Well this is a crazy game for sure and seriously Morsul, well played.

Also I'm sorry about the car, that sucks. Glad that it sounds like you're okay though.

(Also language barriers and 1.30 am - I mean I do think my English is fluent but I had to google what the expression "rear ended" means since I don't know anything about cars - so sorry if you meant something else than your car getting bumped in the back with another car.)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #608
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No the car thing is right
Old 04-29-2021, 04:37 PM   #609
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
No the car thing is right
that really sucks, I'm sorry.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #610
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

You know what would be insane? The Dead were wrong, Soriman is the last wolf and dances on our graves. (Improbable, but I'd laugh my head off.)
Old 04-29-2021, 04:47 PM   #611
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Also Pitch, I guess I could be mad, but I kinda promised I wouldn't be, so I'm not, and apology accepted. Like I said, absolutely crazy game, and amazing whatever happens.

But I am very much hoping not to get lynched also because getting lynched as an innocent on the last Day always feels like a personal failure (even though I guess it's usually just a sign the wolves played well).

At least I can pat myself in the back for getting Wolfate lynched yesterDay - yes I'm taking the credit for that since Pitch voted in self-defense. #i tried

Or perhaps I should give the dead the credit for breaking the tie in the correct way, but I feel like they had extra help from the seer that we didn't, so it shouldn't count

Anyway, kinda fun that the buzz is in the dead thread now. We're just chilling here, it's out of our hands. I kinda enjoy it
Old 04-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #612
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
You know what would be insane? The Dead were wrong, Soriman is the last wolf and dances on our graves. (Improbable, but I'd laugh my head off.)
Me too.

I mean I would defenestrate the whole dead thread first, but then I would just laugh.

And perhaps Soriman would deserve to win. I mean he had a little help from the dead but he could have still messed it up I guess.

(I mean I still think it's Morsul, not Soriman, but I'm having mild last minute hysteria. At least I don't think it's you, Pitch.)
Old 04-29-2021, 04:51 PM   #613
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
But I am very much hoping not to get lynched also because getting lynched as an innocent on the last Day always feels like a personal failure (even though I guess it's usually just a sign the wolves played well).
Lynching an innocent on the last Day is a worse failure, I'd say.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #614
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Lynching an innocent on the last Day is a worse failure, I'd say.
Well yes, but at least I won't be in that position in this game.* Frankly it's a relief. I kinda hate living until the last Day and I don't know how it happens almost every single time. Like statistically unbelievably often.

Anyway whatever happens, this was a much better game for me than the previous one where I was the ranger, failed to protect anyone, and was absolutely manipulated by the wolves and the cobbler. It was terrible! Even if I came to my senses on the last Day, it was too late. This game has given me back my confidence that I'm at least not absolutely useless at this game.

(*Unless Soriman is the wolf and not Morsul.)
Old 04-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #615
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I’m seriously hoping it’s actually Sorimon just on principle for us all to be wrong is just Chefs Kiss
Old 04-29-2021, 04:58 PM   #616
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Can we look in the dead thread yet? They Must’ve voted by how I want to know if we(the village) Lost!
Old 04-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #617
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don’t wanna wait one minute!
Old 04-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #618
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

1420!

Quote:
I’m seriously hoping it’s actually Sorimon just on principle for us all to be wrong is just Chefs Kiss
And the dead to be the most wrong of all *glare glare*

I don't know. One minute to go. What an insane game it's been either way.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #619
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I don’t wanna wait one minute!
Wait if Gal again takes like 15min to count the stuff and post the narration
Old 04-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #620
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Deadline.

DEADLINE.

Stop posting.

The result of the Day will be revealed with the narration soon. Yes, it deserves the suspense. (And wolves, please don't ruin it).

In the meantime, all hell has broken loose and the borders between the worlds have blurred. You suddenly notice the phantoms of the dead walking among you, yet their words remain cryptic. The dead also please do not spoil the narration, but are welcome to communicate with the Living on other subjects in this thread.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #621
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
But this is all messed up because I'm just enamored that she's arguing with a dead person (me) as if she doesn't argue with herself enough as it is.
Quote:
Do we have even numbers here? Let's just split our votes and lynch them both. Pitch and Soriman survive. Village wins.
Quote:
Gah! It's not that simple when you know there are 2 wolves around who are capable of planning some last minute funny business. We're not all as cavalier with our votes as you are Morsul!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
EDIT: xposted with Boro. I swear...
I'm hungry and no one wants my judgement to be influenced by getting hangry. So be done with it now and go get the food.
Quote:
Or everyone else just vote for Pitch for this comment?
Quote:
Would you like us to get you a cup of coffee too while you wait? Oh you would? *sneezes in cup*
--GhostOmir88

Last edited by Boromir88; 04-29-2021 at 05:06 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #622
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fine I’ll drive home and hopefully it’ll be up by then.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #623
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I know something you don't know.... but instead of gloating more about that, I'm going to take another narcotic to help with this pain. I've been waiting so I could stay clear enough to post and vote as needed.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #624
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Hey! I am one person trying to catch up to all of you. Also, I am half-way through writing it and it's the longest and most epic narration yet, as it should be. Gimme a few minutes!
Old 04-29-2021, 05:03 PM   #625
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Hobbit"
I did the best I could. There we were with the wolves going mad underneath us and the forest beginning to blaze in places...
~Huinespectre
Old 04-29-2021, 05:05 PM   #626
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sorry Gal, you have been doing a great job but some of us don't know if they're dead or not or if we won or lost so excuse my nerves

Also I don't know if I'm gonna read this discussion before the narration because Boro is already giving me headache. (Hello my dear friend, I didn't miss you. )
Old 04-29-2021, 05:07 PM   #627
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR
And behold! in our need chance brings to light the -[Vote] of Power. It is a gift, I say; a gift to the foes of Mordor. It is mad not to use it, to use the power of the Enemy against him. The fearless, the ruthless, these alone will achieve victory. What could not a warrior do in this hour, a great leader? What could not [Soriman] do? Or if he refuses, why not [Pitchwife] ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoME XIII
Nahhhh - let the Dead sort it out instead.
~Huinespectre
Old 04-29-2021, 05:08 PM   #628
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Palantir-Green

Quote:
You try to bear with us for the short time...
Quote:
Fine I’ll drive home and hopefully it’ll be up by then.
You drive home safely...
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I know something you don't know.... but instead of gloating more about that, I'm going to take another narcotic to help with this pain. I've been waiting so I could stay clear enough to post and vote as needed.
...and you take good care of yourself, sestra.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:08 PM   #629
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Hobbit"
I did the best I could. There we were with the wolves going mad underneath us and the forest beginning to blaze in places...
~Huinespectre
Well that's not ominous at all...

To quote the wrong fandom: "I have a bad feeling about this."

Now I'm off to brush my teeth and change into pjs. Thankfully I only have work at 10 tomorrow but it's still insanely late. (But I won't sleep until I've seen the narration.)
Old 04-29-2021, 05:08 PM   #630
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Quote: Or everyone else just vote for Pitch for this comment? Morsul's still lynched.
That might actually not have been the worst idea.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:08 PM   #631
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
When the full light of the morning came no signs of the wolves were to be found.
Useless Kath-Seer Spectre
Old 04-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #632
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Even though you're an evil furry person, we all salute you for the sacrifice you've made for this game, you're truly an icon (or insane, like the rest of us). *sends kisses* Hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #633
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Now I'm off to brush my teeth
Who's going to look at you out of the mirror, I wonder?
Old 04-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #634
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
That might actually not have been the worst idea.
I believe that was in reference to your post saying it looked like we were having a blast.

Edit: I assure you we were not...well except 2 among us.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #635
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
"The Dead are following," said Legolas. "I see shapes of Men and of horses, and pale banners like shreds of cloud, and spears like winter-thickets on a misty night. The Dead are following."
"Yes, the Dead ride behind. They have been summoned," said Elladan.
-I had to at least say something once.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-29-2021, 05:12 PM   #636
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Useless Kath-Seer Spectre
Well you got Legate lynched over Pitch yesterDay! That's not useless at all!
Old 04-29-2021, 05:12 PM   #637
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Who's going to look at you out of the mirror, I wonder?
You're mixing that up with vampires. Those do not show in the mirror.

But the actual answer is: me, over her shoulder. (Actually given that I'm a ghost, that's sorta creepy.)
Old 04-29-2021, 05:13 PM   #638
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
You're mixing that up with vampires. Those do not show in the mirror.

But the actual answer is: me, over her shoulder. (Actually given that I'm a ghost, that's sorta creepy.)
Oddly romantic though.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:13 PM   #639
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Well you got Legate lynched over Pitch yesterDay! That's not useless at all!
I have a few well-meant words for you when this is over.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:13 PM   #640
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and YOU'RE ALL WOLVES! ALL OF YOU! BURN THE VILLAGE TO THE GROUND!
~Huinesoron Baggins, on the ragged edge of sanity