The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2021, 06:19 AM   #521
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Since it’s so quiet I’ll add this thought.

On Day 1 I voted Huin out of knee jerk reaction after changing my mind. On Day two I was going to vote Lottie then voted Sally. On day three and four I voted ridiculously early once for a wolf once for an innocent. Does that sound like a wolf or an Ordo with no idea what he’s doing?
Old 04-29-2021, 10:13 AM   #522
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sorry, I've been ridiculously busy with work again (we have a new intern who started today, and by "we" I mean that I'm in charge of her so no ww:ing during work today!)

Anyway, now here on/off until hopefully about 2h before DL. (Hopefully = hopefully for my physical and mental health I can manage to go to sleep at a semi sensible hour. )

YesterDay's voting looks absolutely insane by the way, and I'm also baffled to see Boro gone instead of Soriman. And we have a bonus surprise known innocent, too? Like I said before, this game has been absolutely bat excrement, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down towards the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Does that sound like a wolf or an Ordo with no idea what he’s doing?
Well I have to say, hats off to you, because for pretty much the whole game I thought you were the latter. Bussing Sally was an insanely bold move and it might have won you the whole game, had the dead not just confirmed Pitch is innocent (can I say: thank god about that! I was thinking yesterDay that his votes made him look really bad but there was something genuine about his flipflopping about Sally, so I really had to argue reason vs gut... glad I didn't vote for him. And glad the dead have stopped me from voting for him toDay and ruining everything. Yikes.)

By the way I find it incredibly funny I was choosing between Legate, Boro and Pitch yesterDay, and I managed to vote for the only wolf on an about as wrong reasoning as you can get (that he looked the most likely to be in cahoots with either Pitch or Boro... who have now been proven innocent. ) Anyway, Legate, if you're reading this, I'm withdrawing my apology for voting you. Just so you know. Doing wolfy business *in my house* *behind my back*?? Shame on you!

That being said

++MORSUL

Because honestly, if either Soriman or Pitch is a wolf, I'm gonna take it up with the Dead once the game is over.

Now I'm off to check yesterDay's last posts, I'm pretty sure I had something to reply to there.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:15 AM   #523
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Sorry, I've been ridiculously busy with work again (we have a new intern who started today, and by "we" I mean that I'm in charge of her so no ww:ing during work today!)

Anyway, now here on/off until hopefully about 2h before DL. (Hopefully = hopefully for my physical and mental health I can manage to go to sleep at a semi sensible hour. )

YesterDay's voting looks absolutely insane by the way, and I'm also baffled to see Boro gone instead of Soriman. And we have a bonus surprise known innocent, too? Like I said before, this game has been absolutely bat excrement, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down towards the end!

Well I have to say, hats off to you, because for pretty much the whole game I thought you were the latter. Bussing Sally was an insanely bold move and it might have won you the whole game, had the dead not just confirmed Pitch is innocent (can I say: thank god about that! I was thinking yesterDay that his votes made him look really bad but there was something genuine about his flipflopping about Sally, so I really had to argue reason vs gut... glad I didn't vote for him. And glad the dead have stopped me from voting for him toDay and ruining everything. Yikes.)

By the way I find it incredibly funny I was choosing between Legate, Boro and Pitch yesterDay, and I managed to vote for the only wolf on an about as wrong reasoning as you can get (that he looked the most likely to be in cahoots with either Pitch or Boro... who have now been proven innocent. ) Anyway, Legate, if you're reading this, I'm withdrawing my apology for voting you. Just so you know. Doing wolfy business *in my house* *behind my back*?? Shame on you!

That being said

++MORSUL

Because honestly, if either Soriman or Pitch is a wolf, I'm gonna take it up with the Dead once the game is over.

Now I'm off to check yesterDay's last posts, I'm pretty sure I had something to reply to there.
Lots of words to say I’m smart. I’m not that smart.

Bolding mine. Oh cmon that’s not even a believable lie.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:26 AM   #524
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT: The King of the Golden Hall
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning,
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?
Quote:
Yet in doubt a man of worth will trust to his own wisdom.
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 11:31 AM   #525
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Looking at the above*, I find it noteworthy how Lommy keeps iterating that "something's wrong with Hui/Legate/Boro" in ever so many posts, hammering down the notion that one of them probably is a wolf while wavering and flipflopping about the details all the time, and also juggling some passing suspicion of sally in the other hand but ever reluctant to vote her.

On one hand she looks a lot like a befuddled Ordlómien, and at the time I could certainly sympathise with her predicament (one of my big mistakes this game, which I'm about to repeat, is hanging around to DL just because I can, whereas my thinking doesn't necessarily get clearer approaching it).

But on the other hand this would also befit a packmate of sally's who was frantically looking for a way to save her but also made sure to suspect her enough to exculpate herself if sally was lynched.
If I had wanted to save Sally, why not go for Lottie? If I recall correctly, it was tied between them for quite a while.

And you know what's funny? That I DIDN'T want to vote for any of Hui/Legate/Boro (I believe I said so several times). I thought there was something weird there (well, we now know it was Legate *side eye*) but I didn't have the time to analyse it, nor the brains when the DL started approaching and it was late here. I was just making a mental note to look at it the next Day. I would have preferred to vote you or Kath (oops... side note: I thought there was something funny about Kath laying low... well indeed) but there didn't seem to be any support for either option, so I decided to choose someone else.

Lottie I did not suspect and Sally I was uncertain of since she hadn't posted much anything and I didn't think the Form kill pointed at her very strongly (and I kinda still don't think that even though I know she was a wolf... I would really like to know after the game if it was a dab at seer elimination or some kind of a no trace kill gone wrong). I thought lynching Sally would be not be the worst option but not the best either, as I thought her chances of being a wolf were not significantly higher than anybody else's and I didn't think it would shed light on others. Meanwhile the Huin/Legate/Boro trio was suspicious and lynching one of them WOULD shed light on the other two (spoiler alert: but it didn't, in hindsight) so I had the brainwave to go for Huin whom I found the most suspicious out of the three. I'll freely admit it was a past-midnight pre-deadline whim, and well, we now know it didn't exactly end in glory. So yeah, I thought Huin was both more (based on behaviour) and less (based on Form's death) suspicious than Sally, so what tipped the scales was the idea that his death would be more informative than hers if he turned out to be an ordo (vs if she turned out to be an ordo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro to me
You claim that my post is wanting to continue to talk about Huey's messages today. And I say look at my other posts, have I been completely focused on Huey's messages? I don't think so. I brought it up again because I saw your comment as an attempt to cause confusion about the info Huey has given us.
I'm aware I'm arguing with a dead person here, but just saying that this is not a very fair representation of me. I was writing and commenting at the same time, therefore I started with something like "I don't understand Huin" and later in the same (short paragraph) "update: ok I see what Huin means". Perhaps I should have edited that out since by the time I finished reading and writing I understood what Huin had meant (his initial post(s) were confusing to me, after clarification/repetition not) but when I do the thing that I read through the thread and comment as I go (fastest and easiest way to catch up with ww), I usually prefer to leave my old notes there even if they're not so relevant anymore, as long as I update them (as I did here). It's for two reasons: 1) I think it's an act of making my thought process more transparent and 2) because I'm lazy and also if I have already written something it goes to waste if I have to delete it, even if it's stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I was responding to Legateto
I might be tired (I didn't go to sleep early yesterday either even though there wasn't ww) but this is making me crack up uncontrollably... imagining some random Italian dude named Legateto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
This is unexpected, as is your vote for Legate. I mean so it's a threeway coin-toss in your opinion, and that just looks like nonchallantly "I don't care who it is, just so it's not me." That is very much not something I expect from an innocent Lommy.
I know Boro is innocent, but this still has the same vibe in my head as Palpatine saying the news about him being elected as Supreme Chancellor is "unexpected."

Anyway I don't really follow this logic: if I was a wolf, wouldn't I have cared about my packmate not getting lynched either? When it was so close to wolf victory?

To be honest, I'm rather amazed yesterDay went as well as it did, because I was expecting a disaster. I didn't cherish the situation I was in - giving the wolves something to bandwagon on if I was wrong - but I couldn't stay up until the deadline either. I had started the Day full of determination to find the truth of the wolves' identities by analysing Kath, Sally, and the Boro/Legate/Hui thing, and I had failed to find anything conclusive. Everything was like "looks innocent but could be a bold wolf" or "looks wolvish but could be a confused innocent". I thought whatever I did would be quite likely to be wrong and doom the village (yes, maybe I thought it was about me more than it actually was), so I was feeling pretty helpless when I voted, being almost certain both the wolves would still be there until the deadline and the outcome would be up to them. I didn't think the village had much of a chance. Obviously I'm glad I was wrong, but given that my logic for arriving at Legate (that he was the likeliest to be co-wolves with my other suspects, Pitch and Boro) was based on a terrible foundation, I think it was a rather good three way coin toss, if you will!

What else can I say? I know the real decision toDay is up to Pitch and Soriman, not me or Morsul. At least that's two known innocents. I don't really have any options but to trust you guys. That could be a depressing thought, but this game has been a ride and it feels like it's gone on for an aeon, so to be entirely honest, I'm quite happy to push the final responsibility on your shoulders. No pressure. ;-)

But I just want to say that personally, I think the idea of me bussing my fellow Legate yesterDay is absolutely insane. I could also remind you guys that my vote for Sally was the one to seal her fate without a doubt. If I said I never make bold moves as a wolf I'd be lying, but I am nowhere near that ruthless.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #526
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
OK, I'm here.

On the Night kill: I don't think the wolf was just being sporting by sparing a known innocent, but perhaps they thought Soriman had dropped out, or was liable to modfire for his second non-vote, or might simply miss the vote again. In any case I don't think it's unfair to say that Boro would have been a more formidable opponent toDay, so eliminating him instead makes sense.

Also his death points rather obviously to Lommy whom he suspected and voted yesterDay. But there my difficulties start, for how much sense exactly would it make for Lommy to kill Boro? She speculated a lot about Boro and Legate being packmates yesterDay. Wouldn't it have been better for her to kill, if not Soriman, then either Morsul or me and persuade the remainder to help her lynch Boro? Especially after Boro criticised her vote for Legate who then turned out to be a wolf?

And speaking of that, I know from experience that Legate has no objections to being bussed if it helps the pack to win, but would Lommy as a wolf really have felt that such a sacrifice was necessary when the pack had already lost sally? I mean, the latter I get - if sally was busy and unwell I can even see her volunteering for it. But why ditch your last packmate on the eve of endgame? Were there no other options?

Soriman, are you around? Any thoughts?
Old 04-29-2021, 11:46 AM   #527
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Oh cmon that’s not even a believable lie.
It's not a believable lie because it's not a lie in the first place? I would absolutely give them a thrashing.

But I don't see any reason to doubt Lottie indicating Pitch was dreamt innocent by our seer. (Boro, are you proud of me for understanding a ghost message? )

I still don't know why the dead are so certain that Soriman is innocent. They must have concluded it based on the tidbits of information they got from the Moddesses. But as I don't know what those tidbits are, I cannot follow their logic, ergo I cannot be 100% sure. But if a whole dead thread full of innocents (until recently) agreed on the conclusion, I'm inclined to trust them. So I'm like 95% sure Soriman is innocent. (But yes, I would have a few choice words for the dead in the unlikely event of him being a wolf. But I've decided that's out of my hands now.)

So, the last wolf has to be you. It's nothing personal.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:51 AM   #528
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT: The White Rider
'Yes, I am white now,' said Gandalf. 'Indeed I am Saruman, one might almost say, Saruman as he should have been.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT: The Palantiri
It must be remembered that the Stones were originally "innocent," serving no evil purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Council of Elrond
' "Your information was correct," I said.
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 11:52 AM   #529
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lottie, I understand the second thing you're saying, but why the poem? Are you just asking where Pitch and Soriman are? (In which case... which one is the horse and which one is the rider? )

Quote:
On the Night kill: I don't think the wolf was just being sporting by sparing a known innocent, but perhaps they thought Soriman had dropped out, or was liable to modfire for his second non-vote, or might simply miss the vote again. In any case I don't think it's unfair to say that Boro would have been a more formidable opponent toDay, so eliminating him instead makes sense.
I don't know; with my logic Soriman getting modfired wouldn't really change anything, as it would only come to effect at the end of the Day? I mean whether or not Soriman is around, it's victory if we lynch a wolf, and defeat if we lynch an innocent. The only difference is that if we win, then Soriman can say he survived until the end of the game if he's not modfired.

Otherwise... I have nothing to add, except I agree with your questions. *shrug emoji*

edit: xed with the resident ghost... my question is referring to her earlier message.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:53 AM   #530
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR, Three is Company
"Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes."
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 11:57 AM   #531
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostlote
Quote:
Yet in doubt a man of worth will trust to his own wisdom.
Hail, fair spectre! I'll try to heed your words. (And lovely choice of quotes btw!)

Also it would be remiss of me not to thank the Dead for saving my life. I can't wait to find out what was going on behind the curtains of the otherworld yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Everything was like "looks innocent but could be a bold wolf" or "looks wolvish but could be a confused innocent". I thought whatever I did would be quite likely to be wrong and doom the village (yes, maybe I thought it was about me more than it actually was)
This is so much like me it isn't funny.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:00 PM   #532
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok so the dead are convinced Soriman is innocent beyond doubt?

I'm sorry but without an actual explanation that's only 95% certain for me.

But that doesn't make a difference. I have already voted for Morsul (who, therefore, is 95% likely a wolf), and Morsul has voted for me.

Even if Pitch somehow had the brainwave to vote for Soriman (which he has not indicated), Soriman would likely not join his vote, so there's no way Soriman will get lynched toDay.

So we don't need to worry about it.

I don't know why I'm even writing this post... probably because it is quiet and I have already voted and said what I have to say.

Lottie, you got any other thoughts to share? Or quotes just for fun? (<- but not anything that might confuse us, please!)

edit: xed with Lottie and Pitch!
Old 04-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #533
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So many words to obfuscate and confuse. I’ve given my thoughts unless a direct question is asked I have nothing to add Lommy is the wolf and writing essays to confuse and discombobulate.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #534
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Many appologies for missing deadline, I missed it by 5 mins caught up doing other things.

I'll be voting today, probably quite early, I never suspected Morsul before but after reading the ghost I think he looks pretty bad. Gonna take another look though.

Last edited by Soriman the Whide; 04-29-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Soriman the Whide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #535
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Lottie, I understand the second thing you're saying, but why the poem? Are you just asking where Pitch and Soriman are? (In which case... which one is the horse and which one is the rider? )
That depends on Soriman's preferences, I'm flexible.

Seriously though, where is the horn that was blowing = Boromir! With him gone, the remaining innocents must trust their own wisdom.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:08 PM   #536
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman the Whide View Post
I'll be voting today, probably quite early, I never suspected Morsul before but after reading the ghost I think he looks pretty bad. Gonna take another look though.
Why do you think the ghost messages make Morsul look guilty rather than Lommy?
Old 04-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #537
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: Three is Company
Seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill.
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 12:16 PM   #538
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Why do you think the ghost messages make Morsul look guilty rather than Lommy?
I missed the Ghost post about not going to the elves and also thought that "Yet in doubt a man of worth will trust to his own wisdom." was posted directly after Lommy but it wasn't.

Yeah after not suspecting Morsul for the whole game, reading missed ghost posts I'm fairly certain my vote is going for Lommy.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #539
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Ok so the dead are convinced Soriman is innocent beyond doubt?

I'm sorry but without an actual explanation that's only 95% certain for me.

But that doesn't make a difference. I have already voted for Morsul (who, therefore, is 95% likely a wolf), and Morsul has voted for me.
Just for clarification, I'm not trying to say Morsul is 95% likely a wolf because I voted for him (I wish I had that power!), but that since I'm 95% sure Soriman is innocent, I'm 95% sure Morsul is a wolf.

Quote:
I can't wait to find out what was going on behind the curtains of the otherworld yesterDay.
I really want to know everything they said during the game, and the clues they got! Just my luck to stay alive until the end in a game where the dead have a lot to do.

And I think Lottie is saying she's personally unsure about me and Morsul. Well, that's not very helpful.

Quote:
That depends on Soriman's preferences, I'm flexible.
I think I just choked on my tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Seriously though, where is the horn that was blowing = Boromir! With him gone, the remaining innocents must trust their own wisdom.
Fair point. Hard of me to think of him as the paragon of innocence since I spent the whole game not being able to trust him, but the village is certainly quieter without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman
Many appologies for missing deadline, I missed it by 5 mins caught up doing other things.
It's okay, it happens to everyone. I could tell you an anecdote about the weirdest explanation I've heard for a (near) missed deadline in a ww game, but I would rather forget it myself.

Quote:
So many words to obfuscate and confuse. I’ve given my thoughts unless a direct question is asked I have nothing to add Lommy is the wolf and writing essays to confuse and discombobulate.
I am merely defending myself against the arguments that have been made against me after I departed yesterDay. Long or short, that's a matter of playing style. Confusing? I admit my ww playing style often resembles stream of consciousness, so maybe. But if it meant I was a wolf, I'd be a wolf in every single game.

edit: xed with the 3 last
Old 04-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #540
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Do you want to vote first Pitch?
Old 04-29-2021, 12:21 PM   #541
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
m
I am merely defending myself against the arguments that have been made against me after I departed yesterDay. Long or short, that's a matter of playing style. Confusing? I admit my ww playing style often resembles stream of consciousness, so maybe. But if it meant I was a wolf, I'd be a wolf in every single game.

edit: xed with the 3 last
Maybe not every time. At least this time
Old 04-29-2021, 12:22 PM   #542
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Do you want to vote first Pitch?
Even if it’s me vote your thoughts.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:22 PM   #543
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

On the other hand, Morsul could have killed Boro to frame Lommy and hoped I'd help him lynch her. I suspected her yesterDay and said that I was ready to vote her before I had to vote Legate to save myself, so that might have seemed a viable strategy.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #544
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Even if it’s me vote your thoughts.
I second that. And I'm not confident enough about either to vote just yet.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:26 PM   #545
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:

Yeah after not suspecting Morsul for the whole game, reading missed ghost posts I'm fairly certain my vote is going for Lommy.
Please don't if you're innocent.

Have I given you reason to suspect me either?

YesterDay, the wolves would have won if an innocent had been lynched. I voted for Legate, who was a wolf. Morsul voted for Pitchwife, who is innocent.

I am not a wolf.

What ghost posts are you thinking of? Loslote has clearly said she has no opinion and the dead have no info about me and Morsul.

If you have some other reason to suspect me, please tell me, and I can give you an answer, and you can decide what you think based on that.

Don't vote me on a whim.

(Ok, as a generic werewolf advice: don't vote anyone on a whim, ever. It usually doesn't end well.)

edit: xed with everyone
Old 04-29-2021, 12:27 PM   #546
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I’ll just toss out as a meta Thought. Lommy is “95%” sure Sorimon is innocent I take the dead’s word that he’s definitely innocent. But it would be Hilarious if that 5% was correct.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:29 PM   #547
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I’ll just toss out as a meta Thought. Lommy is “95%” sure Sorimon is innocent I take the dead’s word that he’s definitely innocent. But it would be Hilarious if that 5% was correct.
Then I would certainly apologise to you, and - as I believe I've said before - take it up with the dead. I agree it would be pretty hilarious (but not gonna lie, also frustrating!)
Old 04-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #548
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

OK, I think I just pieced something together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHostlote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Riddles in the Dark
I guess it’s a choice feast; at least a tasty morsel it’d make us, gollum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarillion: Of Turin Turambar
As thralls thy mother and thy sister live in Dor-lómin, in misery and want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Breaking of the Fellowship
Your own way you alone can choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarillion: Of Beren and Luthien
The wind wails,
The wolf howls.
Morsel = Morsul (obvious)
Dor-lómin = the plague that killed Lalaith, borne on a cursed wind from Angband
Morsul = Black Wind
The wind wails, the wolf howls = Black Wind is a wolf?
Old 04-29-2021, 12:35 PM   #549
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
OK, I think I just pieced something together.

Morsel = Morsul (obvious)
Morsul = Black Wind
The wind wails, the wolf howls = Black Wind is a wolf?
I’m not a wolf but if I killed based on that interpretation I’d be completely ok with that because that’s badass.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:36 PM   #550
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Mind you, if I was Kath's last dream then the Dead don't know this for sure. If I read correctly that's what they believe, as with me yesterDay, and with two wolves on the Dead Thread this has to be taken with caution.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:36 PM   #551
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My only counter of it is “the wind wails” is separate from “the wolf howls” but still I’m ok losing based on that interpretation
Old 04-29-2021, 12:40 PM   #552
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Is it?
Old 04-29-2021, 12:42 PM   #553
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I’m about to go back from lunch break you all have fun.

Just to reiterate
Lommy is the wolf
I’m not

Sorimon vote however makes sense to you

Pitch’s interpretation of the Fhost’s post is incorrect but cool so I’m ok getting killed for it but it’ll lose the village the game.

Edit: meta note thanks for keeping my mind off how much I hate selling credit cards lol.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:50 PM   #554
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm also off for (late, I know) dinner. At the moment, I have very little to add to what I've said before.

I'm happy to answer any questions that arise.

If you vote while I'm gone please please think it through.

I don't know about Pitch's ghost interpretation. Like, I get "the wind wails, the wolf howls" could be about Morsul ("dark wind") being a wolf, but otherwise not sure it adds up.

I still think Lottie saying "Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no" and "Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise" mean that she/ the dead don't have an opinion she's comfortable stating. (Which btw I still think is not very helpful, because it's literally a matter of life and death toDay.)
Old 04-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #555
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Lommy, frankly I did not suspect you very much throughout the game aside from how often and how much you post. Morsul was suspected even less throughout and I'm not buying Pitch's interpretation of the ghost.

Quote:
YesterDay, the wolves would have won if an innocent had been lynched. I voted for Legate, who was a wolf. Morsul voted for Pitchwife, who is innocent.
This doesn't prove anything, you voted early for Legate as insurance for today if you wolves couldn't convince the mob to lynch an innocent.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #556
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT: The Window on the West
I would not snare even an orc with a falsehood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil: Of Turin Turambar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT: The Forbidden Pool
We are lost, lost,' said Gollum.
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 12:56 PM   #557
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Council of Elrond
'We know not for certain,' answered Elrond sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil: Of Turin Turambar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Riddles in the Dark
I guess it’s a choice feast; at least a tasty morsel it’d make us, gollum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Queer Lodgings
I cannot say, though I fancy the last is the true tale.
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #558
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

So the ghost doesn't know for certain but believes Morsul is innocent?(assuming they cross posted with Lommy)
Old 04-29-2021, 01:02 PM   #559
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil: Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin
Sauron was become now a sorcerer of dreadful power, master of shadows and of phantoms, foul in wisdom, cruel in strength, misshaping what he touched, twisting what he ruled, lord of werewolves; his dominion was torment.
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #560
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

I'm being trolled by a ghost help!