The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2021, 04:09 PM   #481
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Don’t pull a Morsul and vote without thinking about it. If you believe Pitch vote that way but if you feel Legate make that case and vote that way.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:13 PM   #482
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Now is this Wolflómien dissociating herself from Legwolf or what? But why wouldn't she just vote me and be done with it?

Ok, I forgot earlier that the Dead also vote, so the wolves can't just all pile on Morsul's early vote and win. The Dead obviously started the Day suspecting me heavily, and not being privy to their counsels I can't know whether that has changed in the least, I can only urge them, implore them to reconsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mirror of Galadriel
But this I will say to you: your Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all.

To be honest, the only one whose innocence I'm sure of right now is myself, so if it comes to a clinch, I'll vote to save myself. As for the rest:
Morsul feels rash but fair to me (if you're a wolf, kudos!).

Lommy I get both foul and fair vibes from.

Boro - when others talk about him, I feel wary; when he talks himself, I want to trust him, but then we all know that my judgment so far hasn't been the best.
Legate - darned if I know. I could see him being a wolf with either Lommy or Boro. If I'm right about Morsul and Soriman is innocent as per the Dead he almost has to be, unless it's Lommy/Boro... DSLSKFHDKJGHAÖFHG
Old 04-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #483
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Legate started the Greenie Wagon and secured the Huin wagon and what would they do day three? Not vote Sally? They certainly say a lot and guide our innocent Sorimon around by his own admission. I think they’re? a decent alternative to Pitch if it comes to it.

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 04-27-2021 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Changed “he’s” to “they’re” I don’t know Legates pronouns
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #484
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, this escalated quickly!

Trying to do the maths here... I think that this may basically force my hand, depending how many Wolves are still left to vote (and the Dead, though).

To be fair, I am not sure if I have the brain capacity to post anymore toDay. Well, I guess I just have to trust that the conclusions about Pitch being sally's packmate are correct.

++Pitch

Vote well, village.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 04:20 PM   #485
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Legate
Old 04-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #486
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

For the record, I was about to vote Lommy when Legate voted, but by the Rule of First I couldn't take the chance.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:24 PM   #487
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "FotR: The Breaking of the Fellowship"
Your own way you alone can choose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "FotR: A Journey in the Dark"
There were not only many roads to choose from, there were also in many places holes and pitfalls, and dark wells beside the path in which their passing feet echoed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "FotR: The Ring Goes South"
'Farewell!' he said to Gandalf. `I go to find the Sun!'
Ghost
Old 04-27-2021, 04:24 PM   #488
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorimon and Boro left to vote.

Pitch And Legate both at two

Vote well. I don’t think I did.

Also just. If we do get the wolf can y’all night kill me so I don’t have to ruin the game Thursday
Old 04-27-2021, 04:26 PM   #489
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Well I know for certain Soriman is innocent. And I will just second what Morsul said about your vote. The vote of a known innocent is valuable even if you end up being wrong, we all have been at some point.

I am no wolf and wouldn't ever dream of betraying my the loyalists to Kath (Barahir) and Lottie (Beren), but if in the judgement of my peers I am, than so be it.

So even if Legate and Pitch are 2 wolves, there would still be the dead to vote and maybe they can decide the matter.

I was set on believing Pitch was a wolf to start the day, but I really don't know. He's not acting like I would expect if that was planned by both him and sally to draw the Seer out. And his response to my thinking he was cautioning me about my trust of sally was as clear as could be:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch in 282
You got it backwards. That was me cautioning myself against being too trusting towards you and sally.
Edit crossed with Legate and Pitch's votes. Oh god...I don't think it's going to make the decision easier, but at least now it's in the hands of the 2 innocents (Soriman and myself)
Old 04-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #490
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Lommy

This may look very bad for me, but I don't care. Lommy's reasons for voting Legate are not sitting right. It's very much "I don't care who is lynched between, Legate, Pitch or Boro".

I'm more worried that Legate and Pitch are both innocent.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:42 PM   #491
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorimon last to vote.

Pitch 2
Legate 2
Lommy 1

Sorimon I hope you’re thinking over your vote. Hell you can vote me if that feels right. Just vote whoever feels best.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:47 PM   #492
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
This may look very bad for me, but I don't care. Lommy's reasons for voting Legate are not sitting right. It's very much "I don't care who is lynched between, Legate, Pitch or Boro".

I'm more worried that Legate and Pitch are both innocent.
As may well be. Now I wish I had voted a wee bit earlier, or not been as concerned with saving myself.

Soriman, if you vote Lommy, we're in the hands of the Dead. I feel this would be the best way to end toDay.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #493
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorimon just for a laugh you could even vote Lommy and let the dead decide that could be fun.

Xed Pitch same wavelength
Old 04-27-2021, 04:49 PM   #494
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Sorimon last to vote.

Pitch 2
Legate 2
Lommy 1

Sorimon I hope you’re thinking over your vote. Hell you can vote me if that feels right. Just vote whoever feels best.
Nah don't vote Morsul, that won't change anything. Besides he's most likely innocent.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:52 PM   #495
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
As may well be. Now I wish I had voted a wee bit earlier, or not been as concerned with saving myself.

Soriman, if you vote Lommy, we're in the hands of the Dead. I feel this would be the best way to end toDay.
Quote:
Sorimon just for a laugh you could even vote Lommy and let the dead decide that could be fun.

Xed Pitch same wavelength
That doesn't sound like a bad plan. I mean they would be making their decision based on more information than we have. Even though they may be fallible, it would be an interesting way to end it.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:52 PM   #496
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Also may I say I started toDay very frustrated after seeing Hui's ghost accuse me, but right now I've got a broad grin on my face cause this is just so much fun however it ends. [/meta regardless of role]
Old 04-27-2021, 04:53 PM   #497
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Also may I say I started toDay very frustrated after seeing Hui's ghost accuse me, but right now I've got a broad grin on my face cause this is just so much fun however it ends. [/meta regardless of role]
Seconded
Old 04-27-2021, 04:57 PM   #498
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorimon I just looked at the admin thread G55 clarifies Kath had one more dream. Vote Lommy let them decided they have extra information
Old 04-27-2021, 04:58 PM   #499
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Or. Don’t vote and they decide anyway. You still around?

Sorry triple posted it’s literally the last minute
Old 04-27-2021, 05:00 PM   #500
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Nah, if Sori doesn't vote I'm lynched by Rule of First.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:00 PM   #501
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Nah, if Sori doesn't vote I'm lynched by Rule of First.
The dead have their vote too. So I guess it would be down between you and Legate.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:01 PM   #502
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Deadline. Please wait a few minutes for me to catch up to everything and figure out the final tally.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:07 PM   #503
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Damn!
Old 04-27-2021, 05:10 PM   #504
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Night 5 Begins

The passions ran high and patience wore low as the fourth day at Tarn Aeluin came to a close. Fingers were pointed and rash words were said.

“It is Pitch!” shouted Morsul.

Legate is the traitor!” countered Lommy.

“I don’t think you’re so trustworthy yourself,” Boro responded. “Our fallen brothers have signalled to us that Soriman’s heart is true, but I am not so sure about you!”

“Never mind, it’s not Pitch,” Morsul declared.

“It is too!” Legate responded. “More traitor than I am, at any rate!”

“Peace!” Boro’s voice boomed over the hills. “Let us be patient in this matter and let the dead resolve our quarrel. They have more wisdom than we do, so let their wisdom guide us in this!”

All the outlaws made a circle around a large pine tree that grew alone at the top of a hill. As the sun began to set, a wind arose from the West and dark clouds gathered. The earth itself began to shake. Needles and pine cones fell onto their cloaks and into their boots as the tree swayed. They hid their faces in the face of this great calamity. When the earth was still and the wind died, and the faint rays of the sun shone their last from beneath the clouds, their opened their eyes. Alas! They beheld that a great branch has fallen onto the lifeless shape of ++Legate. But even as they marveled, his shape began to change, turning into that of a powerful werewolf.

The Living
Boro
Lommy
Morsul
Pitch
Soriman

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)
Loslote (Night 3 - Ranger)
Sally (Day 3 - Wolf)
Kath (Night 4 - Seer)
Legate (Day 4 - Wolf)

Night 5 begins.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:57 PM   #505
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril Good Morning!

There had occurred a wonderful victory for the outlaws. They had correctly identified two wolves two days in a row. The remaining innocent villagers were sleeping as soundly as they could considering that ten of their companions were now dead. The fifth remaining outlaw was a wolf that was now very, very mad at its turned fate.

It paced at the edges of the camp, eyeing the one light that remained: the light of Boro who was patrolling around the remaining cluster of occupied tents. He had fashioned himself as a sort of night guard, trying to protect the remaining innocents despite the fact that one of them was a puppet of Sauron.

The wolf watched Boro for a while, trying to figure out how to quietly get him away from the others. Eventually, Boro solved the problem himself. He grew hungry as one does when left alone and began to wander off towards the store room.

The wolf saw its chance and pounced on poor Boro ripping limb from limb until he was recognizable by only the clothes he had been wearing.

Upon the sunrise the next Day, the outlaws found that their numbers had not changed, since Ghostlote had decided to join them. They tasked her with digging Boro's grave.

The Living
Lommy
Morsul
Pitch
Soriman
***Loslote - Gorlim/Ghost

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)
***Loslote (Night 3 - Ranger)
Sally (Day 3 - Wolf)
Kath (Night 4 - Seer)
Legate (Day 4 - Wolf)
Boro (Night 5 - Ordo)

Day 5 begins.

Just a reminder that Soriman is required to vote today.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #506
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: An Unexpected Party
"Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.
"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
"All of them at once," said Bilbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotK: Mount Doom
"I have come," he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: A Long-expected Party
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Ghost
Old 04-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #507
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotK: The Passing of the Grey Company
‘And what may be the words of the seer?’ said Legolas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT: The Palantiri
It must be remembered that the Stones were originally "innocent," serving no evil purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Flies and Spiders
It then became pitch-dark—not what you call
pitch-dark, but really pitch: so black that you really could see nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT: The History of Galadriel and Celeborn
Thus the Dwarves of Moria may be presumed to have been innocent of the ruin of Doriath and not hostile to the Elves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: A Long-Expected Party
It was, unfortunately, very clear and correct (according to the legal customs of hobbits, which demand among other things seven signatures of witnesses in red ink).
--Ghost
Old 04-28-2021, 05:04 PM   #508
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boro dead? Ok. Weird. Ok Sorimon is an innocent that leaves a coin flip of Pitch and Lommy

Hey LostLottie(ehehh? I thought y’all would send Kath I had Kathaver like cadaver lined up but that sounds like Catheter so this is probably better. Umm oh right.

Hey Ghost Buddy. Y’all suspected Pitch then voted Legate was there a dream saying Legate was a wolf or did Kath Dream innocent Pitch?

If it’s Innocent Pitch then it must be WolfLommy if it was wolf Legate dreamed then I have to figure it out and that sounds hard tbh.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:06 PM   #509
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh cross posted Ghost. pitch is innocent.

++Lommy

Did y’all happen to dream me or Lommy to prove this is true? I hope so otherwise I have to convince Pitch...
Old 04-28-2021, 05:07 PM   #510
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin
Sauron was become now a sorcerer of dreadful power, master of shadows and of phantoms, foul in wisdom, cruel in strength, misshaping what he touched, twisting what he ruled, lord of werewolves; his dominion was torment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: A Long-expected Party
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Riddles in the Dark
I guess it’s a choice feast; at least a tasty morsel it’d make us, gollum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarillion: Of Turin Turambar
As thralls thy mother and thy sister live in Dor-lómin, in misery and want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Breaking of the Fellowship
Your own way you alone can choose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarillion: Of Beren and Luthien
The wind wails,
The wolf howls.
--Ghost
Old 04-28-2021, 05:17 PM   #511
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Great. So no dream to confirm me or Lommy just great. Ok

Here’s the deal. Yesterday I, an innocent votes an Innocent. Not good. Lommy voted a wolf good. Boro voted Lommy which counterintuitively points to everyone but Lommy because it’s too obvious.

Point is the evidence points at me and therefore is too convenient to actually be me.

And therefore it’s Lommy.

Lommy I’m sure will put up lots of analysis and reasoning and all that good stuff but it’ll just be essays of lies.

This is my case.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:35 PM   #512
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This is fun
Old 04-28-2021, 07:05 PM   #513
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Waiting for the rest of the villagehttps://youtu.be/t8iTZm8-mbA
Old 04-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #514
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well I'm here. Thank you for entertaining me.

But don't worry, the last few minutes of the Day will have so many comments the Downs will break.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:13 PM   #515
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Well I'm here. Thank you for entertaining me.

But don't worry, the last few minutes of the Day will have so many comments the Downs will break.
True enough
Old 04-28-2021, 08:57 PM   #516
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR:The Shadow of the Past
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
--Ghost
Old 04-28-2021, 11:50 PM   #517
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Oh cross posted Ghost. pitch is innocent.

++Lommy

Did y’all happen to dream me or Lommy to prove this is true? I hope so otherwise I have to convince Pitch...
AGAIN??? You're hasty folk indeed. And I don't like it.

Why Boro? Got to say I was surprised to see him dead, I thought the last wolf would have rather eliminated Soriman who is as close to a confirmed innocet as it gets. There goes the Boro/Legate pack. Glad to know I was right in trusting him though.

Sorry, I can't keep you company right now, I'll pop in briefly in a few hours and be back in the European evening. But anyway, Morsul -

*ping*
Old 04-29-2021, 02:56 AM   #518
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
AGAIN??? You're hasty folk indeed. And I don't like it.*
I mean. If you and Sorimon are confirmed innocent and I know I’m innocent, why wouldn’t I vote the person I Know is the wolf.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:16 AM   #519
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Fair enough. Things are not as clear to me, so I didn't see it that way.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:32 AM   #520
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Fair enough. Things are not as clear to me, so I didn't see it that way.
I know. I had hoped there was a Dream clarifying me and LommyWolf but there isn’t.