Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #721
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Hello everyone...long time no see
Well I've been thinking of restarting this RPG, I would like to know if everyone is still willing and ready to go. Let's get a little dialogue going and figure out what comes next. Also I do think I will need a comod or helper, since my original story has gone off the track a wee bit.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #722
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am here and willing to go! Good to see you back

I don't think I could fill the position of a co-mod myself, but I believe somebody will. Anyway, as for continuation, I don't know if you want to share with us some thoughts as to how we should continue? Or just some outline, or what you had prepared originally, in the near future of the story, or anything that should follow now? Or just discuss which direction are we going to take now?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #723
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I could co-mod with you. I'm not all that busy these days. Though if I remember correctly Gwath wanted to step up for that.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #724
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'm still settling into my grad school class schedule, so I don't yet know whether I'll have time to be a full-blown co-mod - so if you've got the time, maybe you should take the spot for know, Kitanna. However, Valier, if you'd like a sort of sub-mod to help plot the course of the story, I could for sure help out with that. It would be good practice for my screenwriting classes.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:55 AM   #725
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

I'm here too. *waves*

So, what are we up to?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #726
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So just Boro left to hear from... Well it seems our hobbits are ready to start their journey. I did have a few things in mind for our journey, but they are very vague...and one I need to check up on

let's give Boro time to post here and get organized. We need to see if he still wants to carry on with two characters. Also Kitanna or Lommy which ever of you has time to comod that would help me get my butt in gear.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #727
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
let's give Boro time to post here and get organized. We need to see if he still wants to carry on with two characters. Also Kitanna or Lommy which ever of you has time to comod that would help me get my butt in gear.
I think Boro's being rather busy... if he doesn't reply in a few days, I'll spam him on Facebook just to ask the questions.

I'm afraid I have a lot of stuff to do and I'm already the owner or co-owner of two RPGs, so I'm happy to pass the title to Kit, who seemed to even have volunteered. Wonderful.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #728
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I alerted Boro on FB, let's hope he comes to comment here soon.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #729
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sounds good Lommy, hopefully we hear from him soon. I do think we should look for someone who would be interested in playing Mira. It would probably help Boro out a bit. We'll wait a little longer to see what he's up to, then get started.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #730
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Thanks for patiently waiting. I'm sorry for not responding sooner, I could have but it slipped my mind, as a lot of things seem to be doing (even after Lommy's FB spam ). I just remembered now as I'm heading on a little road trip up north for the weekend, and rushed to reply before leaving.

Anyway, I would be ready to start up if you will be alright with limitted posting the rest of the time from me? I don't think 1 or 2 posts a week would be too much for me to do, especially since I've resigned myself to accepting that I can't possibly do WW for at least a year.

If we could find a replacement for Mira that would be awesome and much appreciated! But if not, don't worry about it, I'll come up with something.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #731
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sounds good to me Boro
Kitanna if you have the time to help push me along I think we can get this going again. I'm going to pm Pio about opening us back up and changing our Modding for us again.
If anyone knows anyone who could play Mira for us, speak up...if not I can pm around and see whose available and can be avaliable to complete this dang story once and for all no matter how long it takes us
Old 10-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #732
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm game to help push along with you Valier. Also I could take over Mira if no one else can be found, but I'll have to do some serious rereading of past posts to get a feel for her.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #733
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Valier

I've listed you and Kitanna as co-facilitators for the game.

The RPG thread remains open - so post as you will.

Looking forward to seeing this game moving ahead!

~*~ Pio
Old 10-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #734
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok everyone, I have perhaps found us someone to play Mira.

I think someone can get us started, if they like. I have to read over the story again and concrete some plans I may have with Kitanna, some things may effect us fairly soon. But go ahead and get us going someone and we can just leave out Mira and myself (a little bit) for awhile.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #735
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, I will check the game and possibly post something soon-ish - but probably not before Wednesday, I will be very busy until then.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #736
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Since I have not heard from mneno (sp?) I assume they cant or don't want to play. So lets not wait, we'll make due with Mira for now.

Seems noone wants to get us started...I think I will have time Sunday to post or at latest early next week.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #737
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Since I have not heard from mneno (sp?) I assume they cant or don't want to play. So lets not wait, we'll make due with Mira for now.

Seems noone wants to get us started...I think I will have time Sunday to post or at latest early next week.
The thread's up on my browser as of now, and I should have time to read it tonight/tomorrow.

But go ahead and post, unless we really need Mira next.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #738
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think we last left off where I said I was going to post. Weren't we planning to leave the Inn? I could write a post Sunday, most likely sometime late-ish.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #739
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I think we last left off where I said I was going to post. Weren't we planning to leave the Inn? I could write a post Sunday, most likely sometime late-ish.
Yeah, seems to me since the gaffer is gone the rest were ready to set out. Which means the actual adventure can begin.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #740
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

our morning has started and I guess we'll stop for a bite We are headed from Budgeford up the road North towards scarry. I'm planning on posting a Bunny morning post but if anyone wants or has time to post a morning post and get us going I'm all for it.

Glad to see you here mnemo! Hope you can join us as Mira.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #741
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
All right, I'm through with the game thread and I've read all of the biographies, though that's all I've been through with the discussion thread...

And I'd love to take up Mira.

Is there anything else I should be reading?

Also, did anyone ever establish what time of year this is?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #742
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ok, so more forgetting to do things that I should do has happened, but I've remembered again. Post will be going up momentarily.

Edit: Mnemo, the year is 125 Fourth Age 1547 SR

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-10-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #743
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, Boro, I would like to raise the objection that you seemed to forget to mention Michael in your post. No matter, though (but perhaps you might edit your post to mention him. Or whatever). I have posted, and any of you people are of course free to initiate a dialogue with Michael (after all, there's this totally unknown young hobbit who joined the party, I can imagine people will be curious as well) - I figured that actually especially at this point, he could serve as a good "catalyser for posting", so to say.

And Mnemo, I believe something about the setting is said in the beginnings of the game (at the start of this thread perhaps), I believe it is spring, something like April or so, if I recall correctly.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #744
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

My apologies Legate. In my hasty re-read I thought Michael was going to sneakily follow us for a while, and not that he had actually joined and been accepted. Will fix now.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #745
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Good to see stuff moving on, I will really try to post soon!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #746
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Was gunna post but I just noticed something....I thought we had a cart and a pony? Could someone edit their posts to include this fact? I have some plans that I need the cart for

Also does anyone know how to use a map properly? I mean with distances and scale and such. I need to know how long it will take us to get to certain parts on the map.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #747
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Also does anyone know how to use a map properly? I mean with distances and scale and such. I need to know how long it will take us to get to certain parts on the map.
I can be your Mapsmistress, if you can link me the necessary materials and information. It also depends on what sort of a pace we want to set, and how much we want to take hobbits' shorter legs into account.

Sorry I haven't posted in the gamethread yet; as a newcomer I'm currently lacking in initiative and just waiting for a good time to step in...
Old 11-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #748
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
I can be your Mapsmistress, if you can link me the necessary materials and information. It also depends on what sort of a pace we want to set, and how much we want to take hobbits' shorter legs into account.
Thank you!! I'm not sure how to post links....There is a Google map that is quite helpful. Also I'm using an older Shire map.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #749
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Val, do your maps have a scale? If not, the best thing to do is look up some key distances (i.e., Hobbiton to Buckland) in Karen Wynn Fonstad's work (the Walk to Rivendell part of the main BD site might work) and mark how many inches or centimeters that is on your map. Then measure the distances you need to find (at least as the crow finds), and do some number crunching (set up two equal proportions of distance in miles vs. distance on map).

For humans, covering 30 miles a day on foot is pretty standard. You might want to cut that down for hobbits, though.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #750
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sorry for the delay you "guys" I've been a little scatterbrain lately.

Mnemo I must say I am not all the map savvy and I would get lost, myself if turned in a circle, so I'm afraid all this distance stuff is beyond me. But we can just kind of wing it I'm sure.
I will have time Wednesday to write up a good substantial post. Hope to hear how everyone else is fairing.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #751
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Good! Well, looking forward to your post, Val... Hopefully we could start to move somewhat - even if slowly, but at least try to...
Old 12-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #752
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Pipe

Well I've posted...not that it is all that substantially, but if someone else wants to carry on some dialogue as we walk I can definitely post some more smaller, funner posts in reply.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #753
Kitanna
Child of the West

I put up a save which will probably get filled in tonight, though I can't be certain which is why I saved the slot. Definitely looking forward to this moving again.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #754
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Just wondering what everyone was up to.... Hoping we can get a little bit written before the holidays. I have time off so I have time to write.

Kitanna, Boro, Legate, Gwath, Lommy, Mnemo how are things with all of you?
Old 12-07-2009, 05:01 AM   #755
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well right now I am going to have some rather busy time, and that will probably go on to the holidays... but that does not mean I could not slip in a short post here and there if it came to that. In general, not overactive and at some periods probably without chance to post at all. But as I said - if something's happening, I would be able to post at least a bit.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #756
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

As you suggested Valier I did a short conversational post that has the group moving onward. I'm pretty free with my time so I should have no problem doing more. This past week was just a bit hectic with the way my work schedule was written.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #757
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I might be away for a week or two during around New Year, but otherwise I should be able to be around.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #758
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Finals end for me this week, but after that I have a few weeks off before Boston.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #759
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So is anyone interested in posting?....
Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #760
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ive posted and would like to get us going. By the end of this week coming up I would like to set some plans in motion so if everyone could post by then to keep the dialogue going I can get us ready for.... stuff.