The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2003, 09:36 PM   #41
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Everyone wants a piece of Pippin. When they're climbing up the stairs in Moria, it happens with Merry. Then (this one is hard to spot, but "I'm very observant. I never seen so many bleedin' aerials!") *coughs*...sorry. Anyways, in Moria when they're on a narrow staircase (not sure whether this is only the EE or not) it looks like Aragorn tries it. Goodness me, he is certainly popular.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Horse-Maiden: If you read the VSD's, you'll see that Pippin is <B>very</B> popular in Rivendell, in Moria, in Lothlorien...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Boromir arrived in Rivendell, left Rivendell, and reached Amon Hen in the same outfit.<BR>Did these people never wash? Carry at least one spare tunic? Take pity on the laundry woman?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You'd think that as the son (and heir) of the Steward of Gondor, he'd have more than one outfit. Especially since he says he came to Rivendell by way of the Gap of Rohan! <P><BR>I always laugh:<BR>*During the scene at Bag End when Frodo is packing--Gandalf carefully folds up a shirt and hands it to Frodo, who proceeds to shake it out & cram it into the bag.<P>*Right after Frodo tells Merry that "Sam & I must get to Bree", Sam yells "get down". Since watching the EE commentary, I always hear him say "git daown".<P>*The look on Strider's face just <I>before</I> he looks back and says "gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall".<P>*The pompous way Elrond gestures and says "bring forth the ring..Frodo".<P>*The look on Legolas' face when Gimli says "and my axe".<P>*In Moria, the look on Boromir's face and the way he says "they have a cave troll".<P>*On Amon Hen, when Boromir runs up and grabs the axe of the Uruk-hai that's about to chop Merry & Pippin, he (Boromir) then proceeds to kick the orc in what could be considered a sensitive area (not sure how sensitive an area that is for an orc though).<P>*Also on Amon Hen, when Legolas says "the horn of Gondor", Aragorn rushes past and almost knocks the poor elf down..the look on Legolas' face is so funny!
Old 08-18-2003, 09:01 PM   #42
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>*During the scene at Bag End when Frodo is packing--Gandalf carefully folds up a shirt and hands it to Frodo, who proceeds to shake it out & cram it into the bag. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Heh heh...I just noticed that! Why is it we never catch these things until they're pointed out to us... Hmmm...They're great once you find them, though <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *In Moria, the look on Boromir's face and the way he says "they have a cave troll". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It cracks me up, the way he says it! "They have a cave troll" Ahhhh... I dunno why... It's just funny!<P>I always laugh...<BR>-When Frodo and Sam are walking back from the Green Dragon Sam seems to stumble, drunkenly, home<P>-When Elrond turns around to face Merry and Pippin at the Council. *The facial expression! It kills me!*<P>-When the Nazgul call Arwen a she-elf *heh heh...she-elf...<P>-When you first see Elrond's head when Frodo's in Rivendell *His forehead's enormous!*
Old 08-19-2003, 11:12 AM   #43
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *Right after Frodo tells Merry that "Sam & I must get to Bree", Sam yells "get down". Since watching the EE commentary, I always hear him say "git daown". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>For the disco king!!!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> - This is more freaky than funny, but thought I'd share anyway. While Boromir is saying his "so small a thing" lines on Caradhras, watch the Ring closly. Sean Bean's hand moves ever so slightly, which causes the chain to slowly move beneath the Ring, which in turn makes the Ring to appear to twitch on its own accord. It's really freaky! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Also, when he says "such a little thing" he hardly moves his mouth at all! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> One thing that always bugs me is the scene where Sam says "This is it."<BR>Frodo: This is what?<BR>Sam: If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So he's going to stop every step from then on, because it's the farthest from home he's ever been?<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>In the council of Elrond, when everyone's arguing, someone says "Give it to Bombadil!" This makes me laugh, because Tom Bombadil isn't in the movie.<P><LI>At Bilbo's birthday party, when Frodo does his chicken dance, you can see Merry in the background pointing at him and laughing.<P><LI>In Bree, when Pippin says "It comes in pints? I'm getting one!" Sam says "You've had a whole half already!"</UL>
Old 08-19-2003, 11:49 AM   #44
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>In the council of Elrond, when everyone's arguing, someone says "Give it to Bombadil!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> No way!!! I've never noticed that; I so have to listen harder the next time I watch it!<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>At Bilbo's birthday party, when Frodo does his chicken dance, you can see Merry in the background pointing at him and laughing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>*snork* I can't believe I've missed all these...<P>-The look on Legolas's face when Theoden and Gimli are arguing about the Uruk-hai. *so funny!*<P>-The look on Gandalf's face when Pip give his "mission...quest...thing" line.<P>-In the EV of Fellowship, in the battle with the cave troll: Boromir has a hold of the troll's chain, and the realization suddenly dawns on him that he's about to get flipped around like a rag doll. Just the slightly spaced out way he looks from the chain to the troll is hysterical!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 08-20-2003, 10:07 AM   #45
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> At Bilbo's birthday party, when Frodo does his chicken dance, you can see Merry in the background pointing at him and laughing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And you can see Pippin in the bandstand drinking beer while playing some sort of ukalele (sp?) thing.<P>I also love how when Frodo screams "GANDALF!" you see Boromir in slow-mo look around, with his hair going all over the place. Me and my friend call it his commercial for Herbal Essence. <P>In almost every scene with Pippin, he's wearing his scarf! Whether it's tied around his neck or just hanging there, he's almost always got it on. <P>Then there's Pippin abuse, which is different from what you guys are talking about (in a way). There are many instances of it. <BR>The first is when Pippin yells "Mushrooms!" and Sam and Merry push him down when he tries to get up to get the mushrooms. <BR>Next there's the scene when Aragorn hits Pippin in the head with the apple. <BR>Then on the EE, Pippin falls into the Midgewater Marshes (though that was actually of his own doing ). <BR>The next part is when Boromir cuts Pippin's hand when they're practicing sword-fighting. <BR>Then we arrive at the scene where Pippin gets the most abuse: outside the gates of Moria. Gandalf snaps at him on the EE, then Merry starts throwing rocks in the water. When Pippin goes to throw a rock, Aragorn grabs his arm and tells him not to, though it was Merry doing it the whole time! <BR>Then Pippin almost falls down the stairs in Moria, and Merry scolds him and, uh, yeah....<BR>Now is the scene that is most obvious, when Gandalf says, "Fool of a Took!" <BR>Finally is the scene when the troll stabs Frodo, and Merry and Pippin jump on its back. It grabs Merry and throws him off, then later Pippin gets flung off when Legolas shoots it in the throat. But no one goes to see if either of them are all right...<P>Some of these scenes are pure accident, like when he gets hit in the head with the apple and falls in the swamp, but really, why do they all pick on Pippin? I swear he's gonna have issues by the time ROTK is over.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 10:27 AM   #46
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Oh, if you want to see some SERIOUS Pippin abuse, read some of the entries in <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=17&t=000678" TARGET=_blank>New Movie Script</A> from Moria on.<p>[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 08-20-2003, 09:12 PM   #47
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Sting

Wow-I never noticed just how much Pippin abuse there truely is in this world... We'll have to start a charity or 1-800 hotline or something <P>For some reason, whenever I see that first shot of Rivendell after Frodo's better-complete with the harp melody- I feel like the word "Rivendell" is going to appear in a swirling script, like in a video game...
Old 08-20-2003, 09:27 PM   #48
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

I think it is hysterical the look aragorn gives gandalf in moria when he said "Swords are no more use here" and pushes aragorn<BR>Aragorn gives him a look like, "who the **** do you think you are pushing"
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:22 PM   #49
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Aragorn gives him a look like, "who the **** do you think you are pushing"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Oh and not to mention that he was standing right on the edge of a cliff when Gandalf pushed him.<P>Also did you notice that in Helm's Deep an orc shoots a soldier off the wall and when the soldier screams, it sounds like "AIEYOWWW" or whatever and sounds kind of familiar? (the same exact scream was used in Star Wars and Indiana Jones, to name a few)<p>[ August 21, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 08-21-2003, 07:14 PM   #50
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Meneltarmacil!<BR>Yeah! Someone else said something about it! The scream from Star Wars and Indiana Jones. That scream is Ben Burt's, the sound guy's, signature. He puts it in every movie he works on. Since he obviously worked on TTT, I'm guessing he worked on FotR, but I can't find the scream in FotR. It might be one of the screams you hear from one of the people that Sauron smacks with his mace in the prolouge, but I'm not sure...it doesn't sound like an orc scream, so the prolouge is about the only place he could put it. Has anyone heard it in FotR?
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:28 PM   #51
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

I haven't heard it in FotR, but I did hear about that. My bro and I both said "Hey, that sounds like Star Wars!" at the same time. <P><B>Frodo Lives!</B>

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:28 PM   #52
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

I was watching it the other day and turned the volume way up so I could hear Pippin yell "Ash on my to-mah-toes!" at Weathertop. I love that line; it always makes me laugh. <P><I>Frodo most certainly <B>does</B> live!</I>
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #53
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

What always craks me up is in TTT when the fellowship walks into the Golden Hall. Gandalf uses hs staff as a walking stick and Legolas holds his arm.LOL! It's as if hes(Gandalf) a frgile old man(well tahts tyhe point). It also looks like Legolas is so proud to hold his arm. You see Legolas is a good actor (not talking about Orli...even though he is).
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:20 PM   #54
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

What always cracks me up is in TTT when the fellowship walks into the Golden Hall. Gandalf uses hs staff as a walking stick and Legolas holds his arm.LOL! It's as if hes(Gandalf) a frgile old man(well tahts tyhe point). It also looks like Legolas is so proud to hold his arm. You see Legolas is a good actor (not talking about Orli...even though he is).
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 11:26 PM   #55
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>At Bilbo's birthday party, when Frodo does his chicken dance, you can see Merry in the background pointing at him and laughing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I hadn't realized that Frodo's dance was being called the "chicken dance!" Even though it looks silly, it always has a rather creepy ambience to me, since it looks exactly like what is known as Thorburn's position, which is one of the positions JFK assumes after he is shot (the elbows up position), so I always assume Frodo is re-enacting the Kennedy assassination. :P OK, that was pretty off the wall, wasn't it? I shall have to look for Merry pointing and laughing!<P>Cheers,<BR>Lyta<p>[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #56
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Here's something I noticed in Towers. It's not really funny, but I thought it was interesting...<P>In the cutaway scene to Rivendell, when Arwen and Elrond are talking, Elrond says something like, "There's nothing left for you here." Arwen replies, "There is still hope." <P>A line demontrating that Arwen has not given up on Middle-earth quite yet, right? Maybe not. Didn't Aragorn used to be called Estel? And that is the Sindarin word for hope. Just a thought. <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 08-22-2003, 03:37 PM   #57
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I hadn't realized that Frodo's dance was being called the "chicken dance!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Neither did I; I thought it was called the Frodo Jig. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Aragorn gives him a look like, "who the **** do you think you are pushing" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It reminds of that Disney movie The Emperor's New Groove, when Kuzco goes, "Whoa, no touchy! No touchy. NO TOUCH."<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Wow-I never noticed just how much Pippin abuse there truely is in this world... We'll have to start a charity or 1-800 hotline or something <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've already started plans for an organization called the APAA, or the Anti Pippin Abuse Association. It's funny because whenever my brother is playing a video game and someone's beating him up or something, he starts yelling, "PIPPIN ABUSE! PIPPIN ABUSE!" LOL
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
Old 08-22-2003, 03:43 PM   #58
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In TTT, in the Hall of Meduseld, Grima says "I told you take take the wizard's staff!". And at the same time he doubles over like he really needs to go to the bathroom or something.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:37 PM   #59
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"PIPPIN ABUSE! PIPPIN ABUSE!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I'm so using that the next time I'm playing my LotR game!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 08-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #60
Urwendi

Eye

I thought the one from the Two Towers where Legolas trips is so funny. He's like -oh hey I'm running and not watching where I am going because I have to make sure I keep ahead of Gimli...oh and I tripped, stupid rock is in my way-<P>That was my account of what happened.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:18 PM   #61
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I hadn't realized that Frodo's dance was being called the "chicken dance!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You guys have never heard of the Happy Frodo Chicken Dance (HFCD) ? <P>The scream is called a Wilhelm - I think it was started in some Western movie.<P>Something I notice is in TTT: Gimli is extolling the virtues of Uruk-hai armor, and Legolas is just leaning against the wall and he's got this <BR><I>awful</I> look on his face...<P>And in FotR when Bilbo's going back to Bag End with the Ring on and he opens the gate, I'm always reminded of the swingset scene in E.T..

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #62
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>You guys have never heard of the Happy Frodo Chicken Dance (HFCD) ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, so <I>that's</I> what it's called...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It reminds of that Disney movie The Emperor's New Groove, when Kuzco goes, "Whoa, no touchy! No touchy. NO TOUCH."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>I <B>love</B> The Emperor's New Groove! <BR>"I know! I'll turn him into a flea; a harmless little flea. Then I'll put him inside a box, then I'll put that box inside another box, then I'll mail that box to myself and when it arrives I'll smash it with a hammer!"<P>*cough* Now, to make this post back on topic...<P>I always laugh in TTT when the picture comes in at Aragorn laying against a rock, listening to the earth. I read this one hillarious fic called "TTT: The Breadbox Edition" (by <A HREF="http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=111237" TARGET=_blank>Evadne</A>, author of 'FOTR: Breadbox Edition') That had Aragorn say just then: "Ah, rock. How I love you." Now, whenever I see that frame, I can't help but think it and crack up.<P>There was another thread on here earlier where someone brought mention to the fact that during Lothlorien, Celeborn gives Galadriel this (as they said it) "I-want-to-throw-you-on-the-floor-and-shag-you-senseless-right-now" look. Now I can't help but see it, and I've never looked at that scene the same way again... Not that I'm complaining, though; it's much more interesting now.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:12 PM   #63
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

This is one of my favorite: While Saruman & Gandalf are in Orthanc, Gandalf asks Saruman how he knows what he just said, then Saruman looks at the camera rather queerly & says..."I have seen it." It just isn't quite right! <BR>(hopefully that hadn't already been said!)<p>[ August 23, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:08 PM   #64
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I also noticed in FotR SE, when Boromir first meets Aragorn and asks who he is, Aragorn says "I'm a friend of Gandalf the Grey", it sounds like he's saying "I invented Gandalf the Grey". Okay...I know Viggo suggested a lot for his character, but that's going too far.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:14 PM   #65
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Okay, it's official, I cannot watch the stairway scene in Moria without cracking up, watching Boromir. Thanks Brin. <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 08-23-2003, 04:46 PM   #66
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I love The Emperor's New Groove! <BR>"I know! I'll turn him into a flea; a harmless little flea. Then I'll put him inside a box, then I'll put that box inside another box, then I'll mail that box to myself and when it arrives I'll smash it with a hammer!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Whoa, arianrod, we have so much in common! First Nob, now this! LOL. I like memorized that whole movie! Back on-topic...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm so using that the next time I'm playing my LotR game! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You must! My brother rented a Matrix game, and I was playing when they filled this room with tear gas or something, and I started saying, "AHHHHH! PIPPIN ABUSE! PIPPIN ABUSE!" I didn't even get weird looks. <P>I always thought it was funny how when Gandalf tells Frodo to get down in Bag End, Frodo drops to the ground and you hear this loud <I>thunk</I> when his walking stick hits the ground. Heheheh.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:30 PM   #67
The Elusive Spirit
Haunting Spirit

The Elusive Spirit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*nods* Aragorn's voice at the council gets me every time! I also like when the hobbits and Aragorn are heading to Rivendel and Pippin talks about hobbit meals. Aragorn throws apples to him and he looks up like "Did that just fall from the sky?". However the best part of the movie is when Arwen finds Aragorn in the woods and says "A<BR>ranger caught off his guard." I always expect Arwen to go <I>swing</I> and chop off his head. I love it!
The fresh and boundless wood,
And torrents dashed, and rivlets played,
And fountains spouted in the shade.
-Bryant
The Elusive Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 10:43 PM   #68
arianrod
Wight

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I always expect Arwen to go <I>swing</I> and chop off his head.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, so is <I>that</I> what happened to Glorfindel? Maybe she just didn't want to do Aragorn in for fear of being caught this time... <P>Arwen: What's this? An Elf caught off his guard? <I>Swing!</I><P>Poor Glorfindel. Never stood a chance...
Old 08-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #69
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I always expect Arwen to go swing and chop off his head. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Woo! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that! I can just picture it... *swing* Heh heh heh<P>When Sam points out Bilbo's trolls to Frodo, I always laugh...for some reason. Frodo just gives him this look like "Does this look like the <B>time</B> for trolls?!"
Old 08-24-2003, 11:41 AM   #70
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Okay, it's official, I cannot watch the stairway scene in Moria without cracking up, watching Boromir. Thanks Brin. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>LOL. You're quite welcome. <P>I finally watched the entire Moria scene in slow motion. Try watching any battle scene in slow motion and you'll find it hilarious. <P>I now find the part where Frodo is stabbed by the troll even funnier then before because I accidently paused the movie with him in an odd expression. Let's just say Frodo looked a little, er, bloated.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:23 AM   #71
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I always expect Arwen to go swing and chop off his head.<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Ah, so is that what happened to Glorfindel? Maybe she just didn't want to do Aragorn in for fear of being caught this time... <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And that's also what happened to Tom Bombadil, and Nob , and Bob, and Bill Ferny, and Goldberry, and Fatty Bolger, and....<P>Happy 200th post to me! Yay!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:17 PM   #72
arianrod
Wight

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And that's also what happened to Tom Bombadil, and Nob , and Bob, and Bill Ferny, and Goldberry, and Fatty Bolger, and....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*hangs head sadly* May they rest forever in peace...<P>(Yay! Happy 200th post! I'll be up there with ya in 56 more... not 6... >_< my math sucks.)<P>Y'know what I've always found a tad.. odd? That guy with the ferret. Are there ferrets in Middle Earth? Good Eru, there are ferrets everywhere...<P>[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]<p>[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
Old 08-28-2003, 06:16 AM   #73
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

Shield

It's the attack of the ferrets! <P>One thing I noticed was that when Pippin crawls over to Merry when they're captured, Merry acts like he's like half-dead or something, but then the rest of the scene he's wide awake. I would have thought his head would be bothering him more, but I guess not...
Old 08-28-2003, 10:31 AM   #74
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Y'know what I've always found a tad.. odd? That guy with the ferret. Are there ferrets in Middle Earth? Good Eru, there are ferrets everywhere...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I think that every animal that exists in the real world probably exists somewhere in Middle Earth, even if they haven't been mentioned in the books. Including ferrets.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:31 PM   #75
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think that every animal that exists in the real world probably exists somewhere in Middle Earth, even if they haven't been mentioned in the books. Including ferrets. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You mean there ARE platypuseses in Middle-Earth??? I knew it...<P>Did you ever notice that when Frodo's trying to pull Sam out of the gravel after he fell down the hill at the Black Gate, Sam makes this really weird high-pitched noise that sounds like a chipmunk or something. Heh.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:22 PM   #76
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Last night I was watching TTT and noticed something I hadn't heard before. During the Battle of Helm's Deep, when Legolas shoots the rope that's hauling up the enormous ladder filled with Uruk Hai, one of them yells "Cowabunga!" as the ladder falls.<P>Actually, I sort of wish I hadn't noticed it. There's enough surfer dude stuff in that scene as it is...<P>Boromir's "They have a cave troll" gets me every time, too! I'm so glad Sean Bean is coming back for the third movie!<P>Cheers!<P>-Lily<p>[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: Lily Bracegirdle ]
Old 08-30-2003, 11:30 AM   #77
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I thought the one from the Two Towers where Legolas trips is so funny. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I finally got to see that. While watching the movie, I told my sister to keep an eye out for Legolas. When we saw him trip, we both burst out laughing. That is now officially the funniest part of the movie. <P>At Helm's Deep, theres's a part where the Uruk Hai pull up their ladders and one of them fall backwards (thanks to Legolas). When the ladder hits the ground, I can hear a loud "squish" and all the orcs that were on the ladder look like little squished black beetles. I always find that rather hilarious.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:34 PM   #78
The Elusive Spirit
Haunting Spirit

The Elusive Spirit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes Lily I also love Sean's line. I didn’t know Boromir was coming back! Yay! <BR>Every time Sam says "Mr. Frodo" I crack up. I can't explain it. It just sounds so funny.
The fresh and boundless wood,
And torrents dashed, and rivlets played,
And fountains spouted in the shade.
-Bryant
The Elusive Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 05:28 PM   #79
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I've already started plans for an organization called the APAA, or the Anti Pippin Abuse Association. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've been planning the RSPCH - Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Hobbits. I'm not royal, but I don't care.<P>Boromir's cave troll line - I can't miss it, it's too good.<P>Then, while they're in Osgilliath, Sam says "By all rights we shouldn't be here!" and I can't help but wholeheartedly agree with him. (perhaps the secret to his cheery outlook is having a copy of the book and therefore knowing how everything is going to turn out).<P>Then, back to the beginning of FotR, Bilbo looks all young and lively when he picks up the ring and the next time you see him Gandalf is telling him he hasn't aged a day. I always say: "Yes he has you old fool! Are you blind? He's gone grey!"<P>There are lots of interesting things I must go and watch both movies for now.<P>Edit: One more, heh. When Frodo is healing in Rivendell and he wakes up and asks Gandalf what happened. When Gandalf flaskbacks, I always imagine him sitting motionless for however long that flashback lasts. So when he says "I was, delayed" (I don't think those are the exact words) Frodo must be thinking "Yeah, and I just caught my shoulder on a bramble."<p>[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 08-30-2003, 05:35 PM   #80
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Shield

I thought these things in TTT were funny:<P>When they're all standing in Helm's Deep waiting for the Orcs to get there and they have a close up shot of Theoden and the two guys in the back. As soon as you hear the crack of thunder one of the guys in back looks up like 'Could things get any worse?'<P>Also I thought the pine tree ent looked funny! Hehee<P>And how in the world could Legolas pull up Aragorn and Gimli by himself? Unless there was a person behind him that I couldn't see.<P>I also thought it was funny how Gandalf just walks right through Aragorn Legolas and Gimli fighting all around him.<P>Also when they throw WormT down the stairs is funny to me.<P>When it starts to rain in Helm's Deep the rain makes a ting sound on their armor and I always think they would say 'We're melting!!' haha!<P>After when Eowyn asks "Who is she the woman who gave you that jewel?" and later when Aragorn says "She leaving with the rest of her kin." I bet Eowyn was thinking 'Alright! When's she leaving?' lol!<P>When the three of them get surrounded by the Rohirrim and Eomer asks "What business does a man an elf and a dwarf have in Rohan?" and Gimli says "Give me your name horse master and I'll give you mine." then Eomer gets of his horse walks over to him and says "I would cut of your head dwarf if it stood a little higher from the ground." and Legolas pionts his arrow at him and Gimli has this surprised look on his face that's priceless!!LOL!! <P>Also any of the Gimli moments are priceless when he falls off the mountain or this funny line "Breath that's the key...breath!!" hehe!<P>((I also love The Emporer's New Groove, especially the part when Cronk's devil is listing this reason's why he should do the bad thing. hehe!!))
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote