The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Has anyone ever noticed?

Has anyone noticed the tiny things throughout the first movie that you just see and laugh at because no matter how many times you've seen the movie, you've never noticed them before?<P>Well I've seen the movie 21 times. I have caught a few little things in the movie that just struck me funny. Read through them, and add your own if you've noticed anything different. {From first or second movie, though, mine are all from the first.}<P><B>My findings:</B><BR>1. When Gandalf and Bilbo are smoking pipeweed right before Bilbo's party, and Gandalf blows the ship through the circle, his cheeks go in and out like a fish as he blows. <P>2. This is actually from the book, but it can be associated with the movie as well. Technically, Gollum shouldn't be so into the whole "it's my birthday present, I want it back" ordeal, because Frodo recieved the ring from Bilbo on his birthday as well. So really it was Frodo's birthday present too. <P>3. When the Hobbits are in the Green Dragon, and Frodo brings the mugs to the table, he slides them to each of the people at the table. If you watch Sam, he doesn't even look at the mug, but somehow it slides perfectly into his hand. How many takes did they go through before they got that right anyway?<P>4. In Bree, when Pippin says his "It comes in pints?" line, Merry answers him making this slightly funny sound inside the mug of ale he's drinking. I just always found that funny when I heard it. <P>5. When the Hobbits and Strider are leaving Weathertop, and Aragorn says "he needs Elvish medicine", Sam replies with "But we're 6 days from Rivendell. He'll never make it!". Technically, how does Sam know they are 6 days from Rivendell? Wasn't it just earlier in the movie that he said he'd never been that far away from home? Has he ever been to Rivendell before? Not that I know of. Interesting...<P>6. Oh, you'll love this one. When the Fellowship has reached the bank of the Anduin in the almost last scene, and Legolas says "We should move on" {or something like that}, oh, this is horrible. You will die. If you look at Legolas' hair, he has a few hairs out of place!!! Isn't it tragic?!? But seriously, his hair is a bit messed up. I just felt like throwing in that one. It has no real purpose.<P>Well, tell me if you've found anything else like this that is a bit comical. I'm not talking movie mistakes here, cause we've all seen the extremely long list of those. These are little things that aren't necessarily a mistake, but just seem funny to you.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:25 PM   #2
StarJewel
Wight

Location: I'm in my dear Maedhros' arms, dreaming the day away. Oh, who am I kidding, Chicago is nothing like that!
StarJewel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to StarJewel
Silmaril

I dont know why it took me so long to notice this one, but when the hobbits fall down the hill from Farmer Maggot's farm, and Pippen says " Oh, that was close." It took me a really long time to see that he only narrowly missed a pile of, uh, unpleasantness.<BR>Why I notice things like this, I will Never understand.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:11 PM   #3
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

This kind of relates to that weird shots thread running around here. When Isildur is holding the ring between his fore finger and thumb just as Elrond comes up and says, "Isildur hurry! Follow me!" The ring looks really cheap and bent almost like it came out of a gumball machine when Isildur is holding it.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:20 PM   #4
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The ring looks really cheap and bent almost like it came out of a gumball machine when Isildur is holding it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ISILDUR: *puts quarter into machine* Hey, cool, I got the One Ring to Rule Them All! I wonder what else is in this machine?
Old 08-07-2003, 06:03 AM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I love noting the out-of-place facial expressions. One of my favourites for laughs is at the moment when Aragorn is telling Legolas and Gimli that they will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death. Legolas makes a peculiar face, as though he's just got a good smell of Aragorn and would like to turn around and throw up instead.

Last edited by Meela; 11-27-2004 at 07:26 AM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 02:14 PM   #6
King_Elendil
Pile O'Bones

King_Elendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The heroic Fellowship theme plays while they're running away from Moria goblins.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 PM   #7
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When Legolas is running to look at the Crebain, he just barely gains his balance before falling off the rock. <P>On Caradhras, Legolas is walking on top of the snow. When they stop near the edge, Gandalf steps up <I>out</I> of the snow to join Legolas. Seem a little weird to you?<P>In Moria, when the orcs and Leggy are shooting back and forth at each other, Legolas sticks his arrow in the rock, the orc's just bounce off. I thought that was amusing as well.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:52 PM   #8
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

During the prologue, when Isildur first has the Ring and is holding it, it looks like he only has three fingers, like a cartoon character I had to look really close because it bugged me so much Am I the only one?

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #9
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> it looks like he only has three fingers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I noticed taht as well. I always have to look really carefully for a second, and then he moves his hand so that you can tell his finger count is perfectly normal.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:41 PM   #10
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The heroic Fellowship theme plays while they're running away from Moria goblins.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Gosh it took me a moment to realize why that is funny. But that is so very hilarious though.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:12 AM   #11
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

1. When Aragorn has just killed Lurtz, he limps over to Boromir, and if you look at his feet, an Uruk lifts his head then drops it again. When I saw that I laughed.<P>2. When Leggy and Gimli find Aragorn and Boromir, Leggy has this look of mild interest on his face, like 'Oh...boromir's dead. Eh...wonder what's for tea?' I always found that amusing.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:01 PM   #12
Alakreiél

Tolkien

Well there's the part where Aragorna dn Arwen are having this really meaning full conversation. If you watch Liv's lips when she says the line "I choose a mortal life" Her lip does this wierd twitch thingy that makes me laugh sooo hard everytime I see it.<P>Then there are two parts in the council of elrond: 1.When Aragorn says that the ring has no other master it awnsers to Sauron alone, for some reason to me it always seems like he inhaled helium or something<BR>2. Gimli starts shoutting never trust and elf and he spits on himself, I found that amusing too<P>That's all I have, there are few from TTT as well but I just have to mention at the beggining when Legolas Trips, I think that's soo funny.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:56 PM   #13
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

These are great! I've gotta look for them!<P>--Near the end of FotR, after Boromir trys to take the ring, Aragorn talks to Frodo and says "Run. Run!" He turns to see a group of Uruk-Hai. At first you see them and Aragorn's back, then the camera turns and you see Aragorn's face. Just in the middle of that turn, if you listen for it, one of the orcs makes a really wierd sound like a cross between a goat and a sheep. Baaaa!<P>My friend found that one and insists I give her credit. It was all you, Faith! You can hear it again after Aragorn cuts down a couple orcs.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:42 AM   #14
Marroc Underhill
Haunting Spirit

Marroc Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I was watching the FotR with the Comentary and as they fall down the hill, the two who play Merry and Pippin explain how when they were filming that scene, the actor who plays Sam let out the old Chili Gas, he said that every one fell on him and it squeezed out. I found that pretty funny knowing that actors aren't perfect.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:56 AM   #15
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> When Leggy and Gimli find Aragorn and Boromir, Leggy has this look of mild interest on his face, like 'Oh...boromir's dead. Eh...wonder what's for tea?' I always found that amusing.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I noticed that too!<P>I always laugh at the Arwen/Aragorn bridge scene. When Arwen goes 'Do you remember when we first met' I always expect Aragorn to go 'No', no matter how many times I see it.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:29 PM   #16
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

I never noticed this one tiny thing really until my best LOTR-obsessed friend started cracking up. When Merry and Pippin come out at the end of the Council of Elrond, and Merry says, "Oi! We're coming too!" Elrond glares at them, then right after Gandalf does this really weird, wicked funny eye roll thing. My friend started cracking up, and I did too, and we were laughing for like five minutes. We still crack up every time we see it, and everytime someone rolls their eyes. We're sick in the mind, methinks.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 05:00 PM   #17
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>When Arwen goes 'Do you remember when we first met' I always expect Aragorn to go 'No', no matter how many times I see it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Cool! I'm not the only one whose imagination fills in things like that... Although they are usually quite hilarious...<P>Okay, I don't know how this is going to turn out, I am laughing as I type it... <P><B>These get me every single time:</B><BR>1. Everything Aragorn says in the Council of Elrond up until "...You have my sword." sounds like he's either just sucked the helium out of a balloon, or is stifling a burp or something. My should-have-been-twin little brother comes in all the time when I least expect it and does his great helium voice and says "You have my sword" or "You cannot wield it! None of us can!" and his favourite, dispite my continuing attempts to convince him that Aragorn has no line at all like it is this: "I will take the ring to Mordor!" He usually paralyzes me for about five minutes with laughter.<P>2. Once, I was watching FotR:EE with my Dad and best not-quite-as-obsessed-as-I friend, we were watching the scene just after the Council where Elrond is bidding everyone goodbye. Right at the end of that scene where Aragorn and Arwen exchange looks a few times my Dad filled in the conversation:<BR>*Stark white Arwen gazes pitifully at Aragorn* My dad says: "I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry!" <BR>*Aragorn gazes back a moment, then gives a nice twitch of a lopsided smile* My dad, just as he smiles: "You're gonna cry." <BR>Ah, we lost it, we were laughing so hard! Ever since then, I can't watch that without cracking up. <P>3. I don't know why, but every time I see Frodo's feet as he is coming down the stairs to the Mirror of Galadriel, I laugh. <P>4. There were a few lines that were a bit iffy, sort of modern, so they didn't quite fit. The two that are currently most prominent are Sauron's "I see you." in Bree, and Aragorn's "Let's hunt some orc!" at the end of FotR. They just breach too many gaps, and instead of being dramatic, they are funny. <P>5. Last one, I promise. On Caradhras, in the blizzard, when Aragorn yells "This will be the death of the Halflings!" etc. He has snow stuck in his nose! I think I might be the only one, but I always laugh right there.<P>Okay, sorry it was so long. I hope it's intelligible. I'm still laughing.. <p>[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Eruantale ]

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 05:33 PM   #18
Novberaid
Animated Skeleton

Novberaid has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Thanks everyone for all the things to look for.<P>The one that always gets me is; Why is it that everytime Frodo puts on the ring it is not on the chain? How does he get it off the chain without anyone seeing him do it?
Old 08-10-2003, 06:21 PM   #19
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

One thing that always bugs me is the scene where Sam says "This is it."<P>Frodo: This is what?<BR>Sam: If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.<P>While this is surely a dramatic scene, it kind of makes it seem stupid when ten minutes later they come upon Merry and Pippen casually running through Farmer Maggot's crops. Sam must never have been very far from home!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:22 AM   #20
The_Hand
Haunting Spirit

The_Hand has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

There are a lot of things I need to check out here! There are some things that I always laugh at:<P>When Saruman has just spoken to Sauron through his Palantir and the Ord says:<BR>What word from Mordor my lord? What does the eye comand?<BR>I don't know but it's just the way he says it. He looks so innocent but at the same time... ugly... Im crazy I know!<P>Then at almost the end og fotr Legolas is standing and shoting uruks as they come. In the dvd version he stands there quite longer and shots... I don't know... a lot. I always laugh because they just drop like flies all around him. <P>In TTT when Frodo, Sam and Gollum look at the people from Harad going to Mordor. Gollum has this strange look on his face. I can't explain why on earth I find that face funny... it just is. <P>that's all.
The_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:18 PM   #21
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>When Aragorn has just killed Lurtz, he limps over to Boromir, and if you look at his feet, an Uruk lifts his head then drops it again. When I saw that I laughed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Heheh, stupid orc. Yeah, I've noticed that, and it always makes me laugh. <P>At the end of Towers, when Frodo and Sam are in Osgiliath, and Sam is giving his dramatic speech about "having something to hold on to", Frodo looks up and says "What are we holding on to, Sam?" And I can't help saying, "This wall, of course." Then I bust up laughing. And everyone in the theater looks at me funny. <P>I have no idea why... <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 08-13-2003, 12:52 AM   #22
Sauron the deciever
Animated Skeleton

Sauron the deciever has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sauron the deciever
Sting

Has anyone seen the look on frodos face when hes standing behind merry and pippin when they ask where the fellowship is going at the council of elrond?
Sauron the deciever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:38 AM   #23
Marroc Underhill
Haunting Spirit

Marroc Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well actually, if you slow it down a bit when Aragorn limp's over to Boromir, quite a few orcs move around, as Aragorn walks past a pile of them, his traveling cloak passes over ones head, and it's like, "Hu,<BR>what was that, oh, still shooting..."
Old 08-13-2003, 04:08 PM   #24
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Sting

When Strider and the Hobbits are starting for Rivendell and Frodo says "Where are you taking us?" then Strider says "Into the wild" right after that one of his arrows hits the camrea and I thought it was the funniest thing!<P>Also I thought it was funny ever time the ringwraith called Arwen she-elf! hehe!<P>I always thought , when that orc in Sarumans lair thing was born, that the goo was puding!<P>When Sam was drowning in the lake I would always say to myself. "And here ends the story of Sam tune in next week for Pippin!" I don't know why but it always cracked up my friends.<P>And doesn't Saurman's lair thing look like a theme park? <P><BR>
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:17 PM   #25
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> When Strider and the Hobbits are starting for Rivendell and Frodo says "Where are you taking us?" then Strider says "Into the wild" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I always crack up when he says that! I don't know why...I just think it's hilarious!..."Into the wild"...And he has that manly, rugged look about him. It's just funny.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:12 PM   #26
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Sting

When the Hobbit`s and Aragorn are leaving Bree, I don`t remember when it was, but Aragorn, Viggo Mortenson, bumps the camera.<P>In Moria, the cave troll grabs Frodo. He shouts, "Aragorn! Aragorn!", but his lips aren`t moving!
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #27
Eruwen

Tolkien

<B>Arwen Evenstar</B><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>When Strider and the Hobbits are starting for Rivendell and Frodo says "Where are you taking us?" then Strider says "Into the wild" right after that one of his arrows hits the camrea and I thought it was the funniest thing!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This was when Aragorn bumped into the camera...as told by Lily just posts above. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Then at almost the end og fotr Legolas is standing and shoting uruks as they come. In the dvd version he stands there quite longer and shots... I don't know... a lot. I always laugh because they just drop like flies all around him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I also always noticed that and thought it was funny. It's like, don't you think the orcs would have realized that Legolas was shooting at them after about 10 had already fallen? But they just kept running by like idiots.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:29 PM   #28
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Back in November, one of my friends and I were watching the extended DVD. We were on one of our high on caffeine moods and were basically parodying every scene in the second half of the movie. There was one scene in Moria when Aragorn decapitates an orc and a volcano of orc blood erupts from its neck. In a fit of giggles, the two of us rewinded and replayed the scene in slow motion, then paused it. The paused scene looked as if not only was the orc's head missing, but Aragorn was in the process of losing his own (his head was tilted in an unnatural way). I still can't get through that part without laughing.<P>My friend and I also attempted to watch the part when Frodo gets stabbed by the troll in slow motion, but after about three or four minutes we got bored (the scene wasn't even halfway over). But I laugh each time I watch that part. It's just way too corny. <P>Then at Khazad-dum, Boromir the photographer came to life. But that's a different story....
Old 08-13-2003, 11:04 PM   #29
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Boromir the photographer came to life. But that's a different story....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>And one that we *SO* need to hear. <P>In the Extended Version of Fellowship, after Aragorn and the hobbits leave Bree, there's an extended shot of the hobbits talking about whether or not Strider is trustworthy (you all know which one I'm talking about). Merry is seriously trashing on Aragorn, and then Sam says, "Well where is he leading us?" And Aragorn, not looking back, replies, "To Rivendell, Master Gamgee. To the house of Elrond." And the hobbits get these stricken looks on their faces, like <I>"Oh crap, he heard all that!!!"</I> Everytime I see that I start laughing so hard.<P>And now I'm going to have to watch for when Aragorn bumps the camera. I've never noticed it before...<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~<P>EDIT: <BR><B>Happy 800th Post to me!!!</B> <p>[ August 14, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 08-14-2003, 04:46 AM   #30
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And doesn't Saurman's lair thing look like a theme park <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It really does, it just doesn't fit, it annoys me every time I see it...<P>I always have to laugh when Saruman closes the doors for Gandalf. He wants to get out, Saruman closes one door, he goes to another, Saruman closes it again, and then Gandalf just keep going to other doors, it seems so absurd, you should thing that by that time Gandalf figured that it's no use trying another door...
Old 08-14-2003, 12:34 PM   #31
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Another thing that makes me smile is in the part 'Farewell to Lorien'. Galadriel says something like, 'Do not be afraid, young Peregrin Took', to Pippin, but I swear it sounds like she says 'do not be afraid, young Peregrin Pook.' It just sounds so funny.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:33 PM   #32
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Shield

I did that too Brinniel!! I watched like the entire movie in slow motion!! It was so funny! I watched the part where all the orcs are coming down the hill to Boromir. And Aragorn like trips one of them with his sword and I watched the orc in slow motion do a flip. Oh! It was hilarious! There were other golden moments too but I can't remember them.....I'm going to have to watch it again! hehe!!
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 07:37 PM   #33
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I've always loved to parody the Aragorn/Arwen bridge scene: "Do you remember the first time we meet?" "Of course! How could I forget? Umm...It was...uh...it was...." "It was on your 20th birthday." "Yes. I was about to say that. I remember it like it was yesterday." "Do you remember what I told you?" *thinks about it for a while* "That you loved me?" Then Arwen would give an annoyed laugh and just walk away.<P>I had always thought that Aragorn sounded really nasal, like a duck, when he says "It has no other master."<P>Whenever I watch when Merry and Pippin are running up and joining the Fellowship, Elrond looks like he's just about ready to kill them right there. I always think "Watch out Pippin! It's Agent Smith! He's got a gun!"<P>Another Agent Smith/Elrond thing is the parallels in Elrond's lines bashing the race of men ("weak" "because of men the Ring survives" "scattered, devided, leaderless") and Agent Smith: "Humanity is a disease, cancer of this planet. You're a...plague. And we are the cure." It sounds like something Elrond would say.<P>I also think it's funny that the ONE true father/daughter couple in the enitre triology (Elrond/Arwen)only have one scene together in the entirey of the two movies. And in this one scene: he makes her cry!<BR>And along the same line: Elrond practically rised Aragorn and in their only TWO scenes together: they argue.<P>Also, it's funny to see who Galadriel looks at while she's talking when she first meets the Fellowship: "and in all lands, love is now mingled with grief... BOROMIR!"<P>And another thing that bugs me...(I do seem to have a lot, last one, promise.) When Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas first get to Medusled: Hama: "You have to give up your weapons" Aragorn et al disarm... Twenty minutes later... Hama: "Okay, now you can go in."<BR>Then when they're in the Hall, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are fung fu-ing all the guards, kickin' some majorly awesome bootty and Gandalf's just like "Theoden!" with great love and passion. I guess you'd have to hear it for it to be as funny as I find it.<P>Yeah, I totally lied about it being the last thing: In the first chapter of TTT, Aragorn and Co. are looking at the Uruk-hai and see that there's an 's' rune on their helmets. Gimli says "S for Sauron." I always think: "This orc brought to you by the letter S, for Sauron! And by the number 1, for the One Ring!"<P>Sorry to be so long-winded. I'll be quiet now.
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:13 AM   #34
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Boromir arrived in Rivendell, left Rivendell, and reached Amon Hen in the same outfit. Did these people never wash, or carry at least one spare tunic? Or take pity on the laundry woman?
I don't know their travel dates, so I can't tell how long that same outfit was on Boromir, but I'm guessing it was a long time...

Last edited by Meela; 11-27-2004 at 07:24 AM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:31 AM   #35
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

How long did Boromir wear that same outfit you ask?<BR>Well, it took him 110 days to get to Rivendell from Gondor (as he whines/boasts in the Council of Elrond). Then the Fellowship didn't set out for...*calculate*...92 days after that. Then he wore it the rest of December and all of January...36 more days. Then he died the 26th of February. So that's a total of...264 days. eek!<BR>Though, I'd be more worried about how long Strider's worn his outfit. *shudder* (poor Arwen!)
Old 08-16-2003, 10:57 AM   #36
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Oops...the rest of December to the end of January would be 37 days. So it's...(forgets origional number...*re-calculates*)...265. I'm just a stupid elf, don't mind me.<BR>And Aragorn at least has an extra shirt. He wore in TTT after they got to Edoras. Instead of the origional blue, this one's red. And Boromir probably lost his change(s?) of clothes when he lost his horse.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:38 PM   #37
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

- In the council of Elrond in the Theatrical Edition: Just after Frodo puts down the Ring and everyone whispers to their neighbors, creating a nice dramatic atmosphere, and just before Boromir begins his whole 'It is a gift' speach, there's this one guy that says "The DOOM of MAN." That cracks me up every time. It's so loud and random and just sounds so FUNNY. They toned it down for the EE so it isn't as loud, but it's still there.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>When Strider and the Hobbits are starting for Rivendell and Frodo says "Where are you taking us?" then Strider says "Into the wild" right after that one of his arrows hits the camrea and I thought it was the funniest thing!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>- It's hillarious! I love that and laugh every time. <P>- There's this part during Aragorn's fight with Lurtz on Amon Hen when Lurtz throws a sheild at Aragorn and pins him to a tree. The expression on Aragorn's face as Lurtz closes in for the 'kill' makes him look like some kind of rabid rodent.<P>- When the four hobbits jump behind the tree roots in the Shire to hide from the approaching Ringwraith, look at where Frodo's hand lands as he jumps after. Lucky Pippin. <P>- This is more freaky than funny, but thought I'd share anyway. While Boromir is saying his "so small a thing" lines on Caradhras, watch the Ring closly. Sean Bean's hand moves ever so slightly, which causes the chain to slowly move beneath the Ring, which in turn makes the Ring to appear to <I>twitch</I> on its own accord. It's really freaky!<P>[ August 16, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]<p>[ August 16, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 05:00 PM   #38
Eruwen

Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>- When the four hobbits jump behind the tree roots in the Shire to hide from the approaching Ringwraith, look at where Frodo's hand lands as he jumps after. Lucky Pippin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No way...I have to go watch the movie again for this!
Old 08-16-2003, 05:25 PM   #39
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everyone wants a piece of Pippin. When they're climbing up the stairs in Moria, it happens with Merry. Then (this one is hard to spot, but "I'm very observant. I never seen so many bleedin' aerials!") *coughs*...sorry. Anyways, in Moria when they're on a narrow staircase (not sure whether this is only the EE or not) it looks like Aragorn tries it. Goodness me, he is certainly popular. <P>Do tell about Boromir the photographer!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 02:10 AM   #40
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Poor Pippin! You guys are ruining the movie for me! I'll never be able to watch it the same way again. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Do tell about Boromir the photographer! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Err... As much as I would like to tell, the story of Boromir the photographer is more of a parody rather than something in the movie that I found funny. Therefore, telling the story would be off-topic. But, if anyone still wants to hear it, they are welcome to PM me. I'll be sure to tell the full-length story of Boromir's profession to anyone who does.