The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2003, 04:59 PM   #41
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Liv singing? CAN she sing? Well, that certainly would be interesting...
Old 03-29-2003, 12:54 AM   #42
balrogman
Wight

balrogman has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<A HREF="http://www.kojiroabe.com/rotk/" TARGET=_blank>Warning: Big Time Spoiler Alert!</A><P>There is tons of pics there, my fav being the last one!
Old 03-29-2003, 10:24 AM   #43
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Liv can probably sing. She's one of those people who turn out to be able to do anything (except speak Elvish )<P>the magazine articles may start soon for Rotk. Anyone who reads Empire magazine: May issue has two free posters: Gollum and Aragorn.<p>[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 04-02-2003, 01:26 PM   #44
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Yea Spoilers! I love them. Thanks for the spiolers they rock! Oh and I am sure Liv can sing. I met her once ... not joking I really did!<p>[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 08:37 AM   #45
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Whoo! More spoilers!<BR> <A HREF="http://www.tolkienonline.com/movies/changes_rotk.cfm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.tolkienonline.com/movies/changes_rotk.cfm</A> <P>Apologies if you already know about this. I found this lengthy list of changes from book to movie, and thought you might wanna have a read. Some of them *coughArwencough* are outrageous liberties, in my opinion. Unless they really are in the book... *prays they aren't* (I can't remember the book version for the one I'm thinking of)
Old 04-09-2003, 10:42 AM   #46
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is a neat site, though I've seen it before. I just want to point out the credibility ratings they have there to everyone. Many of the sillier changes have credibilities of 0/5, 1/5 and 2/5, so take them with a grain of salt.<P>H.C.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:14 PM   #47
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

From theonering.net:<P>*highlight to see*<P><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Today at the Armageddon Expo in Auckland Lawrence Makoare jumped up on stage for a bit of an impromptu chat during the Weta/Sideshow discussion panel.<P>Not sure if you already knew, but he mentioned that he and Miranda Otto were returning in May to reshoot the entire Witch King sequence, as apparently PJ decided his armor looked altogether too similar to Sauron's. Lawrence didn't mention the inclusion of Merry here, but HOPEFULLY this was just an oversight on his part...eek!<P>He also revealed he has a very strong hunch that PJ will make The Hobbit, and the guy from Weta expressed extreme glee at the prospect of designing a dragon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That is all for now!
Old 04-14-2003, 07:43 PM   #48
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooh wouldn't that be great if PJ made The Hobbit! Thanks for the spoilers everyone!
Old 04-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #49
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Found this at OneRing.<P><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1051164050" TARGET=_blank>Eowyn pleads with Aragorn</A><P>Their guess that this is in reference to the Paths of the Dead makes the most sense to me.<P>H.C.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:34 AM   #50
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Sting

I especially like the 'Gollum with his Precious' one.
"And he sang to them, now in the Elven tongue, now in the speech of the West, until their hearts, wounded with sweet words, overflowed, and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness."
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #51
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Nice pics, I'll have to copy them to my collection of pics on my computer. Although like HCIsland said, don't count to much on seeing them. I'd guess Wormtounge slitting Saruman's throat at Isengard means no Scouring of the Shire. I figured as much...oh well, lots of Tolkien fans thought it was out of place anyway.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:59 PM   #52
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

At Ain't It Cool News there are a series of articles written a couple of years ago but still have relevance to RotK. Here's the <A HREF="http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=7779" TARGET=_blank>link</A> to the last article. Scroll down to the bottom for links to the others. Some of it is old news, but some of it is pretty neat.<P>Since there's a lot there, here's a <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/hcisland/email.htm" TARGET=_blank>link</A> to a collection of some of the highlights.<P>Like I said, lot's of neat stuff but something I found interesting was the apparent move of Aragorn looking into the palantir from Helm's Deep to Minas Tirith. At first this seems strange but it makes sense. <P>After Pippin looks into the palantir, Gandalf keeps it and we don't see much of it for a while. The story then turns into saving Minas Tirith and all the events involving Aragorn, Gandalf and company are driven by this simple premise. <P>After the battle of Pelenor Fields Aragorn suggests using the palantir to lure Sauron into thinking Aragorn has the Ring and is coming to get him (remember the last place Sauron had a sure sighting of the Ring was in Osgiliath and he has to assume the Ring is on it's way to Minas Tirith). This now connects cause (Aragorn challenging Sauron in through the palantir) very closely with effect (battle at the Black Gates). Much more so than if Aragorn looked into the palantir towards the beginning of the film. I think it also underscores for the audience the risk that Aragorn is taking as they have just seen what happened to Denethor (and Saruman for that matter) because of their use of the palantir.<P>Anyway, lots of other stuff there. Read away.<P>H.C.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:18 PM   #53
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The Coming Soon website has a quote from Ian McKellen that may or may not give away some major spoilers concerning Saruman's role in The Return of the King. Warning: Spoilers! Highlight text below to read:<P>"Someone then said they enjoyed the fight scene with Saruman in the first film, and asked if we would see something similar in the third film, Return of the King. Sir Ian replied in the negative, saying that originally Saruman was to have died at the end of the second film but that this would now be the introduction to the third film. 'He falls from a great height and comes to a sticky end', he revealed, before going on to say 'Peter Jackson is a huge horror film fan. That's why he cast Christopher Lee - who better to play Saruman than the biggest horror villain? Knowing that and Peter's great love for horror movies, it's inconceivable that Dracula wouldn't play some part in Saruman's death'."<P>Hmmm...confirmation of the Spikey Wheel after all? <P>and <P>The following is from bikkit.com and should be classified as a RUMOR only.<P><BR>(ROTK) is indeed, far and way better than both Fellowship and Two Towers. It was a 4 hour, 20 minute cut of the film. Feeling that he has proven audiences will gladly sit for 3 hours of quality cinema, Peter Jackson will try to leave the film's 1/6 of a day total time as is.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:21 PM   #54
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

TheOneRing.net posted<A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1052497889" TARGET=_blank>this</A> today. Warning! It's spoilers.<P>They also posted this.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Here is a report that comes from VERY reliable sources within the LOTR camp. In regards to this story we posted yesterday (which wasn't even our story, it came from another site). Take a look at what our insider has to say:<P>This is nonsense. They are still cutting the movie and do not know how long it will be, but it definitely won't be 4hrs & 20 minutes, nor should it be.<P>That knocks that rumor out the window, down the street and into someone's pot of flowers!<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It was a nice rumor while it lasted!
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:57 PM   #55
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

These are some BIG Spoilers that were just posted on TheOneRing.net<P>The first one is from who they say is a very reliable source and is about the way Saurman goes bye-bye (Do not read if you want to be completely surprised about this part during the movie)<P>Here is the link...<BR><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1052497889" TARGET=_blank>TheOneRing.net</A><P>And here is a brand spanking new picture of Frodo in Shelob's lair. It does not give us very much and there is not a picture of the Spideress herself but poor Frodo looks very scared <P><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/6543" TARGET=_blank>Frodo in Shelob's lair</A>
Old 05-10-2003, 07:00 PM   #56
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

From theonering.net:<P>BEWARE! SPOILERS IN THIS POST!!<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR> .<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I have a friend who told me about Return of the King, first thing, Sauron will be standing off against Aragorn in hand to hand combat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BR>BAD MOVE!!!!!!! I do not like this idea at all. Cause eather Sauron gets his body back or Aragorn will be dueling a giant eyeball.<P>However, I don't think this rumor is true.<BR>This is why:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> then Aragorn with Anduril in hand rushes the Dark Lord who looked like he was in different armor than when we saw him in the prologue <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> PJ decided his (Witch King) armor looked altogether too similar to Sauron's <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think that proved my point.<P><BR>Though this might be a cool way for Wormtounge to go:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> then Legolas shoots an arrow high into the air and is laughed at by Grima as it soars over his head, as Grima is mocking the seemingly inaccurate Legolas the arrow comes spiraling down straight through Grima's skull!<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>At least it's one for the Legolas fans. <p>[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-11-2003, 09:14 AM   #57
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> BAD MOVE!!!!!!! I do not like this idea at all. Cause eather Sauron gets his body back or Aragorn will be dueling a giant eyeball.<P>However, I don't think this rumor is true.<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Oh, I think it's very true. Saruman gets killed early in the film. He has basically been the vilian for the first two films. The film <B>cannot</B> have a vilian that is nothing more than a flaming eye ball, likely meaning that Sauron will take physical form early in the movie.<P>I think having Aragorn face Sauron is a great idea (yes I know full well nothing like this happened in the book). The main reason is that it adds another source of tension for the climax of the film.<P>Think about how this will work.<P>Frodo and Sam are approaching the Cracks of Doom. The audience knows full well that one way or another, that Ring will find it's way into the fire, though they aren't so sure how Gollum will fit into all this (though of course book readers know).<P>Back at the Black Gates, Sauron emerges and and Aragorn is stepping up to fight him. The book audience thrown for a loop (and PJ has big grin on his face). Aragorn can't beat Sauron? Sauron can't kill Aragorn? What's up? The reason Aragorn is doing this of course, is that he is sacrificing himself to distract Sauron and given the Ring Bearer more time who, as far as Aragorn knows, may be dead let alone anywhere near Mount Doom. By this point in the film he would be recognized by all as the mightest leader of men. The last in the line of Isildur. Likely he will have accepted Arwen's pledge to him. He has everything anyone could possible dream of, and then some, but he is first in line to step into the fire. This theme of sacrifice to promote an almost impossible hope has been prevalent.<P>Cut back to Mount Doom. Confrontation with between Sam and Gollum on the slopes. Frodo goes ahead.<P>Cut back to Aragorn getting royally trounced. It's clear that any moment he will be killed.<P>Cut back to Sam joining Frodo at the Cracks of Doom. Frodo: "I'm sorry Sam. I can't do it." He puts the Ring on. Audience is now on the edge of their seats. PJ has them now. Their enthralled and no longer trying to guess how this will play out. Their just watching the movie.<P>Enter Gollum. As in the book he rushes past Sam and wrestles with the invisible Frodo.<P>Cut to Sauron about to deliver the death blow to Aragorn.<P>Cut to Gollum chomping down on Frodo's finger and falling into the fire.<P>Sauron does his disappearing act.<P>Obviously I'm just guessing at how this will play out, but I think Aragorn fighting Sauron is an idea that folks better get used to if they want to watch this film next fall.<P>H.C.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:41 AM   #58
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

That is so unbelievely tacky.<BR>Why Aragorn? He's already gonna be king. Can't Gandalf fight Sauron, if someone has to fight him at all?<P>Um... how did Sauron go in the books? Was he doing anything like that at the time? Or was he casually sipping a cup of tea, when poof! he found himself dead?<p>[ May 11, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 05-11-2003, 03:54 PM   #59
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

There is still hope!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> This is nonsense. They are still cutting the movie <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Meela, I don't think that it really says. He was probebly plotting his success and what he was going to do with the men who were attacking him, giving orders to the nazgul. Anybody else know?
Old 05-11-2003, 04:39 PM   #60
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Didn't you see my evidence? The reason people thought that Sauron was coming back was because they saw pictures of what looked like Sauron in different armor. However, the quote that Arwen gave us shows that those pictures were really the Witch King. Case closed.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #61
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Rose, I do believe what may have been a mistake to have the potential for some truth.<P>In an Empire magazine interview, Peter Jackson is asked about Sauron taking physical form in RotK and replies...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"The Sauron in the books is sketchy at best, which makes it hard to turn him into a screen villain, but imagine not really seeing Darth Vader for all three Star Wars films. You just can't do it."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Perhaps we are to see some of Sauron in physical form after all? Though whether he will be fighting Aragorn i'm not so sure on. (Though HCIsland, you write a very convincing ending there).
Gorothlammothiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 05:02 AM   #62
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Alright then. Well maybe Sauron takes bodily form but only through the Mouth of Sauron. I mean if PJ just expanded the Mouth of Sauron's part and perhaps the Witch King's part too they could be major villians in the last movie like Saruman was in the first two.<P>But that's just a thought.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:40 AM   #63
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Its a good thought!
Old 05-12-2003, 05:22 PM   #64
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I'll say it again. I find it really hard to picture this film running most of its length without a central, personified villain.<P>H.C.<p>[ May 12, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 05-12-2003, 07:21 PM   #65
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Possibly a spoiler, but again, might not be true.<P><BR>I managed to find some very interesting Return of the King spoilers info from a source very close to the film. Mainly, it regards the seige of Gondor, and events closely related to it.<P>When Denethor is on the pyre, burning, we see a closeup of the palantir that he grasps, and in it, we see a flash-ahead to the destruction of Barad-Dur, and the Nazgul falling in flames. Gandalf is there, as well as Pippin.<P>Gandalf says to Pippin, "Sauron could not conquer him like Saruman, but he concealed the true hope, and so Denethor was deceived." In response, Pippin says, "None of us are safe then." Gandalf's response is "We cannot be truly safe while Sauron rules."<P>Shortly after this, Beregond comes in, and sees Denethor's body. He simply says, "Such a waste of one so strong against the East." <P>There are also some <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/785" TARGET=_blank>Pics</A>of the Grey Havens!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 10:59 AM   #66
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

*huggle-attacks Arwen*<P>Denethor spoilers!! Thank you thank you thank you!!
Old 05-13-2003, 08:11 PM   #67
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

I don't care if it would 'make sense' to have Saroun fight Aragorn at the end, if PJ does it, lots of people will be unhappy. I'm hoping desperatly that it is just the Witch-King ( Will this mean that Aragorn kills the Witch-King, & not Eowyn at all? ).
Old 05-14-2003, 06:12 PM   #68
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I really don't understand how Aragorn fighting the Witch King is less of a deviation from the book considering he should be dead at the hands of Eowyn by now.<P>I would argue it's more of a deviation.<P>H.C.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:44 PM   #69
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Aragorn fighting the Witch King? Where did that come from? <P>No, I don't see it at all. The only possible place that this could happen is at Pelennor Fields, and I am pretty certain from other quotes that I have seen that the Eowyn/Merry/Witch King scene is in. <P>No, I would go with Aragorn facing Sauron at the Black Gate. Just because he's in diferent armour from the prologue to FotR doesn't mean it's not him. Even a Dark Lord might want to try something different in the armour department after 3000 years or so. <P>And I agree with HC on this. Although it's not true to the Book, it will make a great scene. Presumably it will be after the Mouth of Sauron has tried to trick them into surrendering. I can see the Black Gate then opening and Sauron leading his forces out into battle. And who better to challenge him but Aragorn, the returning King? As HC's speculative, but convincing, scenario illustrates, it will make a great climax, cut with Frodo, Sam and Gollum at the Crack of Doom.<P>Also, I don't think that Sauron assuming physical form is inconsistent with the Book. I recall reading somewhere (sorry, can't remember where now) that Sauron was able to assume physical form at the time of the War of the Ring. (Perhaps the eye might be seen more as an ethereal extension of his will.)<P>Anyway, given that after FotR and (particularly) TTT we cannot expect the film to mirror the Book exactly (in my view rightly so as it is a different media), I have no problem with Sauron taking on Aragorn. Seems to me that it would be pretty spectacular.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:31 PM   #70
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Aragorn vs. The Witch-King would be more of a deviation from the books thatn Aragorn vs. Sauron, I agree with that. I see it more as pick your poison, & I just hate both the ideas. The books said ( sorry I can't remember where ) that Sauron was ALMOST ready to be able to take shape. If he does take on Aragorn ( unfortunately he probably will ), I don't think it's likely he'll lead the forces out from the Black Gate. It's more likely to be kind've like the explanatory footage at the beginning of FotR, where he comes later, in the middle of battle. I think even PJ realizes that having him lead the armies out would be a large mistake ( although, granted, no larger than Sauron being there in the first place! ), it would bring about the destruction of the Ring to quickly. Everybody knows that noone could stand up to Sauron for long, so Aragorn would have to engage him almost right away; begining the countdown to the destruction of the Ring to soon. Maybe, in about 20 years ( at age 35 ), I'll direct a more booktual ( I know that's not a real word ), longer triliogy...oh well, I suppose we must be glad for what PJ had presented for us NOW. I thought he did a MUCH better job with FotR than TTT, he stayed closer to the books ( don't start telling me I'm a loser for wishing TTT was more booktual! ), & used many of the lines straight out of the books, even if they were out of different chapters, etc. Oh well, I'd have more than my share of a take ( any arguments, just PM me, I probably shouldn't have gotten this far off the subject in the first place, & if we start arguing it'll only make it worse... )
Old 05-14-2003, 08:02 PM   #71
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think even PJ realizes that having him lead the armies out would be a large mistake ... Everybody knows that noone could stand up to Sauron for long, so Aragorn would have to engage him almost right away; begining the countdown to the destruction of the Ring to soon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I take your point, Estel. But having him leading his armies out doesn't mean he has to engage straight away. And he could always indulge in a bit of gratuitous destruction before Aragorn takes him on. Then again, having him suddenly appear during the course of the battle, thus mirroring the prologue of FotR, could work very well.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> in about 20 years ( at age 35 ), I'll direct a more booktual ( I know that's not a real word ), longer triliogy... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Good luck with the financing. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I probably shouldn't have gotten this far off the subject in the first place ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, it seems on topic to me. We are discussing our views on a possible spoiler.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> ... & if we start arguing it'll only make it worse... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No need to argue. We are all entitled to our opinions and I respect yours. This is, of course, all speculation anyway. I was simply trying to explain why I think that having Aragorn face Sauron might contribute to quite a spectacular climax.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:23 PM   #72
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

I didn't mean YOU in particular, Saucepan Man, anyone who was going to argue with me was supposed to see that. I also didn't mean that little 'even PJ' part to mean 'you're so stupid', I hope it wasn't taken that way. I figured that sauron probably would enjoy inflicting a little manslaughter before reaching aragorn, but it'd be likely that Aragorn wouldn't let the destruction go far without stepping up to challenge him. If you want to contribut to the 'Help The Only Real Estel Make A New Triliogy Of The Lord Of The Rings Fund', be my guest! I also respect your opinion.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:44 PM   #73
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

IGN Filmforce got a look at some ROTK footage, which they describe here.<P>May 14, 2003 - At E3 this week, EA is showing off the upcoming videogame of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. You can hit any of our game sites for the full details on the games, but the demo playing at the E3 booth features an intro comprised of all new footage from the third and final film in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.<P>We were unfortunately not allowed to film the footage, but what was shown is now burned onto our retinas. Here's a bit of the more memorable moments from the footage:<P> * Eowyn standing and looking rather sad.<BR> * Frodo and Sam climbing a mountain.<BR> * A shot of soldiers on horseback marching through a camp in a green grassy clearing.<BR> * Lots of shots of Gandalf in Minas Tirith.<BR> * Archers in a city courtyard (most likely Minas Tirith) taking aim and firing.<BR> * An awesome shot of Gandalf on Shadowfax leading troops through the city streets.<BR> * New shots of Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas in battle.<BR> * Eomer on horseback leading a charge into battle.<BR>* Gondorian soldiers in full armor on horseback charging into battle right into a line of orcs.<P>The final shot of the intro is of Gandalf on the walls of Minas Tirith walls looking out onto the battlefield. When the camera switches to his perspective, the footage changes to an in-game cinematic of thousands of orcs charging the city with Fell Beasts flying in the air. If the actual film footage is as big as that game cinematic, we're in for a stunning treat this December.<P>Also: more thoughts on whether Sauron might appear in person in ROTK.<P>Alex writes, "Well I saw something that could be a possible spoiler for ROTK. On the FOTR DVD extended edition, I don't remember where but I know that it was on disc 3, there is a two-second clip of what looks like Peter Jackson directing the movements of an actor dressed in Sauron's costume and there is a blue screen behind him. When I first saw this I thought PJ was just filming a scene from the prologue with the battle of the last alliance. But I looked at Sauron who was using a sword, and in the prologue, Sauron wielded a mace. This could be some more supporting evidence of Sauron's apearance in ROTK. Of course it could just be somethiung PJ redid but I just thought you might like to know."<P>Hmmm!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:42 AM   #74
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Sorry, I don't know how to change the colour of the script like Arwen does.<P>This is from <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1053036826" TARGET=_blank>OneRing</A>.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Whether or not this makes the final cut or not, we now know for certain that Sauron was FILMED as a physical presence taking part in the events of ROTK. This came in from Dave:<BR>"I used to flat with a guy in the NZ army, and when he was in the filming for the big battle in front of the gates of Mordor, Sauron was there fighting. I believe he will appear. I mean there is only so much you can do with a giant eye." <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Further support of Sauron emerging to kick some butt at the end.<P>H.C.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #75
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

I know PJ talked about how terrible it would be for us to not see the bad guy of Star Wars, Darth Vader, for the entire triliogy ( 4,5,6 ). But my brother pointed out Vader isn't THE bad guy. Darth Sidious ( the emperor. emperor palpatine, senater palpatine, whichever you prefer)is; & you see precious little of him, unless he's hidden in shadow from his cloak. I suppose you could make the argument that you see more of him in Return of the Jedi ( the last movie of Star Wars ), & we're going to see more of Sauron in The Return of the King ( the last movie of LOTR ). But I'd still rather not see him.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:56 AM   #76
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/790?sg=1&q=&tn=24&ts=0" TARGET=_blank>ROTK PICS!!!</A><P>HCIsland: If you look on the first page of this thread I told you how to change the colour.<P>< font colour=black>bla bla bla here is a secret.< /font><P>Except take out the space before <.<P>But don't worry about it, this whole thread is about spoilers, if people don't want to see it they won't look at this thread, however, it is fun!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:01 PM   #77
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

OMG... those are brilliant!
Old 05-16-2003, 01:15 PM   #78
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Sting

Those pictures are wonderful, I can't wait for that movie.<BR>The one of Gandalf on Shadowfax-exactly how I imagined it.<BR>Mount Doom!<BR>Poor Frodo in the dark <BR>When is the preview coming out? <p>[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 05-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #79
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Pipe

The official website <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net" TARGET=_blank>www.lordoftherings.net</A> has just posted a collection of 25 brand new images from ROTK!<BR>It is getting closer...
Old 05-17-2003, 06:26 AM   #80
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

The gallery doesnt work...