The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2000, 02:06 PM   #1
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Peter Jackson post in the' Books'

<BR>Seems like the big guy himself. go check it out fer yerself <p></p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2000, 11:38 PM   #2
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

galpsi has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Definite bull@#%$! Check out his posts on PT if you doubt it. <p></p>
galpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2000, 07:24 AM   #3
lindil

Ring

<BR><br><br> You are probably right Galpsi,I would go check the p.t. site but I always crash as soon as I get there. <br> I figured it might be him since it was only a rather poor apologia for imminent corporate cash in's and a generalized trust me defense.<br> I actually figured it was more likelt\y to be a form letter type post from an underling if real at all. <br> I had figured if it was a forgery it would have been a heck of a lot more interesting.<br> But Ithought just in case it is real give the guy a [relatively] cordial welcome and then let know what we really think!!! <br> Was there any content to the PT post, or just more of the same?<br> <p></p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
Old 08-18-2000, 10:08 AM   #4
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

Ring

<BR><br><br> Over on PT, he wasn't even given the time of day, but then PT can be a much rougher board than most. The first post had a typo. One assumes that even an underling (especially an underling) would bother to spell-check publicity pablum. In response to my rather snotty post about the typo there was an unconvincingly quick edit. Surely the film people wouldn't be sitting by the PC eagerly expecting replies. A hoaxer would.<br> There were two posts on PT, about a day apart. The first contained a lot of polite blather and then the hilarious comment, &quot;As I can tell from the comments, you are behind me.&quot; Trust that the comments on PT have been similar in character to ours but less politely put. The second post was merely a facetious question about when we would all be lining up for tickets. Decisively, Peter Jackson no longer has a user profile, instead, there is just a message that the user no longer exists. I actually have a theory who is behind it, but I haven't yet announced it publicly. I'm still curious if the hoaxer is going to betray themeselves. Probably your politer behavior to the poster was reasonable behavior. I was so rude ecause I was already confident of my conclusion.<br> PT is a fun board; too bad you can't access it.<br> g. <p></p>
Old 08-18-2000, 12:12 PM   #5
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR><br><br> The snotty-galpsi and the evil-Wight are often seen there (the former more than the latter). <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 08-18-2000, 02:47 PM   #6
Wizard of the Secret Fire
Pile O'Bones

Wizard of the Secret Fire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I go there sometimes too, it is fun. <br> <br> I usually wander through the Barrow-downs on my way from the Forest too. The fog is always thick around here so I am often lost <p>"You cannot pass. I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor." <br> <br> Usually guarding <a href="http://www.theoldforest.cjb.net">The Old Forest website.</a> You can find all information you need about Tolkien and the new Lord of the Rings movies there. <br> <br> Feel free to visit the recently re-started EZ Board of the Old Forest, <a href="http://pub9.ezboard.com/btheoldforest29887">The Bonfire Glade</a></p></p>
Wizard of the Secret Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2000, 10:46 AM   #7
dogtrot
Animated Skeleton

dogtrot has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> i am just getting back to posting after a short jaunt through the country, seems like this PJ thing has got to be fake. The PT edit is a givaway in my opinion. as for these forms I too wander from the old forest, to the barrow downs, stop by for a smoke at the dunedains camp, and finally head over to the PT forum, hows that for a plug for my favorite sites not to mention my daily routine. <p></p>
dogtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2000, 03:37 PM   #8
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

Ring

<BR><br><br> I hope you will accept my belated (but hearty) Welcome Back Dogtrot! I too have been away. I believe that the impetus behind the PJ stuff was one <i> Balrog</i>, a lesser imp of PT. If I am not mistaken, he has occasionally travelled among us here at the BDs but under a deep hood and a false beard. <p></p>
Old 08-28-2000, 06:42 PM   #9
lindil

Ring

<BR>balrogs beard</b><br><br> false bward or false wings? <br> the semi-duped one <p></p>
Old 08-28-2000, 06:47 PM   #10
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

Ring

<BR><br><br> I thought that we all agreed that they don't have false wings. <p></p>
Old 08-29-2000, 01:05 PM   #11
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> No, they have real ones. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p><i>Edited by <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000062>burrahob bit</A> at: 8/29/00 3:45:47 pm<br></i>
Old 08-29-2000, 01:42 PM   #12
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR><br><br> yeah! real shadowy wings! <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 08-31-2000, 08:54 AM   #13
dogtrot
Animated Skeleton

dogtrot has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> &quot;it's only a model&quot; ala monty pythons holy grail <p></p>
dogtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2000, 11:34 AM   #14
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

Ring

<BR><br><br> <p></p>
Old 12-11-2002, 02:31 AM   #15
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Was just wondering...so was it really PJ? And where is that 'Books' post?
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 02:48 AM   #16
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Read galpsi's above post - it was quite certainly a hoax. If I find that thread, I will edit to add the link here.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 11:18 AM   #17
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I believe I saw that thread somewhere in "Mayhem".<p>[ December 11, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 12-12-2002, 08:31 PM   #18
Aragorn_the_Ranger
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn_the_Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What is the thread called and where can I find IT exactly?
Aragorn_the_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 09:31 PM   #19
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I'm guessing the one in question is <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=17&t=000028" TARGET=_blank>The Long Road to Fruition</A> and you can find it on Page 7 of Mayhem or just click on the link.