The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #241
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'll set this up in another window just in case time runs out. Ready to post this if the deadlines gets too close...

++Pitchwife
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #242
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Fine by me.

++Pitchwife
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 08-17-2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: X'ed with Cop
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #243
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Also I don't think it's Cop at this point, unless she killed G55 for the sole reason of making the rest of us go "She'd never do that!"
That's my reasoning. The Night kill is the only reason I haven't already voted her, but everything else screams cub to me.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #244
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Cop

I don't mind tying these two. Also, I hate forum delays. But you shall not torment me this time, Downs! If we lose the game, it will be because of me, not because of a glitch!!!!!!!!!!! (Wait. I don't think that's a good thing. Meh.)

EDIT: x'd of a sort, in that the other votes showed up while I was trying to post this (again with the stupid forum delays)
Old 08-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #245
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
That's three for Pitch...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 08-17-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: X'ed with Sally
Old 08-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #246
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Or two, rather.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #247
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Always. Also, I was apparently waiting for Coppercub to make herself look even worse in those blissful minutes where I hit the snooze button. I didn't plan that though. She did it all on her own.

So what do we do, boys? I don't want to hand the wolf the game, but Copper....I'd rather read the Silm all in one sitting than let her win at this point. I'd feel stupid.

Shasta, I'd appreciate it if you vote first, just for dramatic effect. Is this acceptable?
Well, thank goodness Shasta voted Pitchwife, because I'm innocent.

The village still has 50-50 odds of winning.

I see why the wolf wanted Sally rather than G55, whichever of Pitch and Shasta it is.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #248
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Well, thank goodness Shasta voted Pitchwife, because I'm innocent.

The village still has 50-50 odds of winning.

I see why the wolf wanted Sally rather than G55, whichever of Pitch and Shasta it is.
Well, actually...
Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #249
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
At dusk, the remaining villagers gathered at the gallows. A tie had been reached in the voting.

A roll of dice determined that Pitchwife would be the one lynched. The old man was hauled up to the platform, whining and complaining every inch of the way. His protestations did him no good, though, and he was left to choke.

No transformation occurred, though. Pitchwife was really an old man all along. Coppermirror, Shasta, and Sally looked at each other nervously as the sun set.

The three villagers walked back home. An uneasiness filled the air, and it began to get dark quickly. Sally was walking slightly ahead when suddenly she heard a scream. Looking back, she saw a big grey wolf hunched over the body of Coppermirror.

She gasped in horror and tried to flee, but the wolf was too fast and pinned her to the ground. Before devouring her, though, it spoke.

"Who would have thought it would come to this, my dear?" Shasta said while licking his furry chops.

"I trusted you." Sally responded. "After all that time playing music together, how could you do this?"

"Business before pleasure, my love."

With that, Shasta devoured the last villager. The wolf left the now-deserted town and headed north to Isengard.
------------------------------------------------

The Living
Shastanis Althreduin: Werewolf

The Dead
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Gutted by wolves on Night 1
Nessa Telrunya (Werewolf): Beaten and burned by villagers on Day 1
Nerwen (Ordinary Villager): Impaled by wolves on Night 2
Inziladun (Werewolf): Killed in pie fight with villagers on Day 2
Kitanna (Radagast): Neck snapped by wolf on Night 3
Eomer of the Rohirrim (Ordinary Villager): Hung by villagers on Day 3
Galadriel55 (Ordinary Villager): Skinned by wolf on Night 4
Pitchwife (Ordinary Villager): Lynched by villagers on Day 4
Coppermirror (Ordinary Villager): Mauled by wolf on Night 5
satansaloser2005 (Ordinary Villager): Devoured by wolf in endgame

***WOLF VICTORY***

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 08-17-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #250
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Well, actually...
Just promise me one thing. If Cop survives, eat her first. After all, I'm sure you were told not to play with your dinner, but dessert is an entirely different matter.

EDIT: Whoops. I didn't refresh again before replying. My apologies, Menel.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #251
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

At least I can be comforted in knowing that given Sally was secretly dead against me (with very shabby reasoning, I might add!) and Pitch voted for me while I was away, it didn't really matter which way I voted at the end.

Sally: I demand that you re-read the Silmarillion in its entirety, right now.
Pitch: May you be plagued, very briefly, with a rain of toy frogs.
Shasta: So, you kept Sally alive because of my stated intention to vote for you and because she would be more likely to vote for me than for G55, right? I was correct when I said you had more to gain from it. Sigh.

I'm pleased that my long-running suspicion of Shasta turned out to be correct. But, uh, also not pleased. And I do wish I'd voted against him as planned, even though it wouldn't have done anything.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #252
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm pleased that my long-running suspicion of Shasta turned out to be correct. But, uh, also not pleased. And I do wish I'd voted against him as planned, even though it wouldn't have done anything.
Oh, but it would have. I would have instantly followed. I kid you not.

Shasta was my top suspect until I woke up and found Cop fishing about for someone to follow, at which point I became much less certain about who to go for. Although, devourer of my heart and soul, you did play a fabulous game, you ravenous foul beast. <3
Old 08-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #253
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Partially. I also left you alive and killed G55 so that the village would think a Pitchwolf wanted you alive to vote me, and that some of the day would be taken up in wondering why Sally was still alive. I admit I did think Sally was less likely to vote for me than G55, though.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 08-17-2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Xed with Sally.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #254
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
These were certainly the craziest werewolves I've ever seen.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #255
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Love you too, darling. You know that Nerwen has my heart, but you are more than welcome to my claws.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #256
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Oh, but it would have. I would have instantly followed. I kid you not.
Well, I had no way of knowing this. After all, you'd just posted here...

Quote:
Always. Also, I was apparently waiting for Coppercub to make herself look even worse in those blissful minutes where I hit the snooze button. I didn't plan that though. She did it all on her own.

So what do we do, boys? I don't want to hand the wolf the game, but Copper....I'd rather read the Silm all in one sitting than let her win at this point. I'd feel stupid.
Making it very clear that I had no option but to hope it was Pitch. Although by this point it was too late to change my voting plan anyway. (Since if you didn't show up, I could only go with Pitch anyway.)
Old 08-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #257
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
These were certainly the craziest werewolves I've ever seen.
Thanks for the game, Menel!

I'm gonna go to bed now.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #258
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
HURRAH!!

Well done, Shastawolf!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to help more. With Kit voting for me Day 1, even if we'd gotten her on Night 2, I probably would have been the top suspect the following Day. A very worthy Seer!
I must say the false reveal was fun. It's the first time I've ever tried that, and though I was unsuccessful, at least I rallied 2 innocents to my cause.

I hate that Nessa was even shorter lived than I, but we have a new admission to the Noble Ranks of the Fenris, it seems.

Last edited by Inziladun; 08-17-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #259
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hats off, Mr. Wolfreduin, hats off. Let me echo Menel - this is the craziest wolvery I've ever seen too.

By the way, I silently jumped on Pitchie’s vote in endgame. And sally – The Silm is not that bad you know.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #260
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nessa, even though I can’t help it to gloat about casting my first ever vote that killed a fenris, I’m sorry that it was you. As I said, I’m loath to vote someone who’s back from a very long break on D1. But if they look like a wolf, and smell like a wolf...

Nerwen, I apologize for suspecting you based on nothing on D1. The following Night I reevaluated everything based on Nessa’s role and thought I was crazy to almost vote you and would not suspect you at the start of the Day, but the wolves got rid of this trouble for me.

Zil, nice try. If you had done the false reveal on Day1 I would have believed you, except that there would have been no point in fake-revealing that Day. If it counts for anything, I thought you were completely innocent up to Kit’s reveal.

Kit, I bloody love you. ‘Nuff said.

Eomer, sorry about that. You must know, though, that I had an ulterior motive for voting you. I’m sure you remember... [/kidding, I especially love you for it] No, I didn’t. It just happened.

Everyone who was in the endgame, you’re all nuts and crazy and confusing to read about.

Shasta, that was just I think that the resulting confusion was a reason enough to kill me.

Cop, good try. You played exceptionally well for a first game. I think that after a year of playing I’m still not so good. *listens to screams of “look at her buddy up with Cop!”*

sally, you were almost there with Shasta!

Pitch, I’m sorry. I hope we fair better next time. But what’s a game of ww without innocent butchering innocent?

You sneaky sneaky Shasta. >< *shakes head*

Some thoughts that I wrote up yesterday when you were all still quiet and I was dead. (Why do you all start to talk when I'm asleep???)
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #261
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

This game held a lot of “firsts” for me.

It is the first time I voted for a fenris.

It is the first time I helped lynch two wolves in the first two Days.

It is the first time I was not suspected “just because”.

It is the first time I was not suspected for my Day1 vote.

It is the first time someone, regardless of role, didn’t try to get a Galwagon going (either because they believe in it or because it’s convenient).

It is the first time I was Night-killed when there was a known innocent around.

It is the first time no one voted for me the entire game.

But some things never change. I still can’t participate in an endgame – I was so excited! I thought the wolf would 100% kill sally; even though I was under no serious suspicion it was more than a known innocent has (duh, they’re known). I was mentally preparing myself for a battle with paranoia. I even wrote a post overnight that I wanted to post when the Day starts. And when I saw that I was dead, I *slapped* the wolf (I knew who it was! It’s the person who killed me! ...yeah) and thought the exact same thought as sallycakes:

Quote:
Insanity? Suicide? Shenanigans? No idea, but whatever the case, there is still one known innocent among us (hello, all), which means we have a ridiculously decent chance of catching a wolf toDay. Also, I'm still alive, so whatever the reason, I'm pleased.
Except that I was rather cross and not pleased at all that it happened this way.

On the last and fatal Day I was thinking “the wolf is either Pitch or Cop. Either he caught her or she caught him. Shasta doesn’t look all that guilty compared to the other two based on the situation... but then he’s Shasta, and that’s reason enough to suspect him on Day1!” 12 hours into the Day I have concluded decisively that I much prefer Sudoku to endgame puzzles unless I get to take a part in them, not just watch from the side.

Wow. Just wow.

Congratulations again, wolves! And thank you Menel for organising this game!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #262
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
But some things never change. I still can’t participate in an endgame – I was so excited!
Hah...I think perhaps I'm not properly appreciating the apparent joy of making it to the endgame. Sorry to hear that you didn't make it this time, after waiting so long.

I thought you played extremely well. It's got to be unusual for someone to make it through every Day without real suspicion from anybody.

I wrote up a post for the final Day in advance, fully expecting you to still be alive, and I basically said that if you were the wolf, I conceded your victory right then.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #263
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Whoah, what a game! I was following avidly the whole way through!

Shasta, that was truly brilliant! I admire the way you crawled over our dead bodies to a victory
Old 08-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #264
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Kitanna, I'm curious. Who did you dream of on the Night the wolves killed you?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #265
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Really, you guys? Didn't I give you the answer at the start of Day Three?

Congratulations Shasta! Entertaining endgame.

Thanks for modding, Menel.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #266
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Really, you guys? Didn't I give you the answer at the start of Day Three?

Alas, your death was not avenged.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #267
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Ohh, Shasta... Haha! *kudos*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #268
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:

Alas, your death was not avenged.
Alas indeed!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #269
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I thought you played extremely well.
Now that might just be another first!

Well, not exactly first, but maybe second.

Quote:
I wrote up a post for the final Day in advance, fully expecting you to still be alive, and I basically said that if you were the wolf, I conceded your victory right then.
...except that I wasn't a wolf. It's a bit funny, actually, listening to all the speculation this game about whether I would buss two of my packmates. I can only wish I was such a dangerous wolf as I'm ascribed to be!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-17-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #270
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Anyway, the people I didn't mention before.

Shasta: Well done on your victory. I still feel bad about not voting for you.
Inzil: You did really well with the fake Seer-reveal after Kitanna came forward.
Nessa: I hope to get to play with you again sometime! You were only there on the first day.
Nerwen: Same as above!
Kitanna: Thanks for coming back to tell us the known innocent on Day 2. Your analysis of players was pretty useful, too.
Eomer: In retrospect, lynching you, the person I thought had displayed the most rational analysis, was not a good idea...

Thanks for moderating, Menel! I thought the narration was excellent. Especially Inzil's death with all the pies.

Wolves, it'd be really interesting to see what your PMs between each other were, if you still have them around.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #271
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Thanks for moderating, Menel! I thought the narration was excellent. Especially Inzil's death with all the pies.
Hehe, I loved that one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
Wolves, it'd be really interesting to see what your PMs between each other were, if you still have them around.
I think the PMs are my favourite part of post-game discussions. But this time I don't think we'll really get any surprise psychic kills from our dear Shastawolf, it was more straight-forward.

(Shasta is known for just knowing someone's role - see his sig and personal title. A couple games ago he as a wolf named all 3 gifteds in one PM on Night2 or something like that.)
Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #272
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Inzil: You did really well with the fake Seer-reveal after Kitanna came forward.
Thanks, though I'd have been happier if you'd have believed me.
A most impressive first game on your part, by the way.

Quote:
I have a few of them, but really it's all just me and Shasta talking about who to kill Night 2.

I wanted Eomer or Nerwen for no real reason, beyond the fact we couldn't see any Seerish hints from anyone. Shasta left it up to me, and I just went with Nerwen.
Funny, but when I was explaining my "dreams" I said why I'd "picked" Nerwen the Night before. It was only the truth.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #273
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Since you might be interested, I'll give an impression of how each of your playing styles came over to me in this game, since for almost all of you I had no previous information. Of course it may well not match up with actual long-term playing styles.

Eomer of the Rohirrim: Sound, logical reasoning. Seems to have a good eye for picking out wolves. (Unfortunately, from reading old games I knew that Eomer often sounds very reasonable when guilty. )
Galadriel55: Well reasoned arguments, and calm under pressure. Very good at not attracting suspicion. Careful wording.
Inziladun: Fairly bold, and good at adapting to unfortunate circumstances. Not afraid to look suspicious at the start of the game.
Kitanna: Very suspicious of others, cautious and questioning. (But of course, she was the Seer and had been under attack on both Day 1 and Day 2.)
Nerwen: Perceptive, fairly calm style. I had the feeling she would have been a big threat to the wolves if left alive.
Nessa Telrunya: Informative and with a lighthearted style. (But of course, Day 1 has mostly just banter.) Perhaps a little impulsive.
Pitchwife: Impulsive, a bit hot headed. (Which contradicts what Shasta said before about him being calm and collected and so my impression is probably wrong, hence why I was curious enough to make this list.) Tended to convey honesty in his posting style.
satansaloser2005: Impulsive, unpredictable, likely to keep plans to herself. Tends towards joking.
Shastanis Althreduin: Very quiet, tending to avoid giving answers or sharing his opinion. (But of course, a wolf!)
Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #274
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Thanks, though I'd have been happier if you'd have believed me.
A most impressive first game on your part, by the way.
Thank you! I hope I'll have time to play again someday.

Quote:
I wanted Eomer or Nerwen for no real reason, beyond the fact we couldn't see any Seerish hints from anyone. Shasta left it up to me, and I just went with Nerwen.
Funny, but when I was explaining my "dreams" I said why I'd "picked" Nerwen the Night before. It was only the truth.
Hahah, I spent quite a bit of thought on why Nerwen was taken out rather than me or G55. Couldn't understand it at all. I was surprised when nobody else thought it was odd either. It was one of the things in which my expectations and assumptions about gameplay didn't match up to reality.

So when you said that you "picked" Nerwen and that

Quote:
On the face of it, I don't see anything thus far to have recommended Nerwen to the wolves. She didn't even vote.
you were being totally truthful. A good strategy.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #275
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Bah, lousy performance on my part. A rain of toy frogs is letting me off lightly.

Shasta, this is getting repetitive. Seriously, how do you do it? It shouldn't be humanly possible. Kudos!

What irks me is that I was about to call it a Day and vote Shasta around 2am my time, when I looked at Cop's first post of the Day once more and - I solemnly swear I felt I had caught her in a monumental slip; but when I reread what I'd written next morning, I was like "What the - ?" Massive brainfart, sorry for that, Cop. Incredible first game!

Kit, sorry for the frustration I put you through with my mistrust, it must have been infuriating. Kudos for catching Zilwolf, and I was really glad you cleared Sally!

Speaking of which, Zil, I glower in your general direction. Cool acting!

Sally, I regret you had to make such an awkward choice in the end, classic lose-lose situation. It was nice not to have to worry about you, though.

Gal55, I think you should take it as a compliment that Shasta wanted you out of the way. I'm sure you'll make it to endgame another time.

Eomer, apologies for your lynching. You're right, we should have listened to you.

Nessa and Nerwen, better luck and longer life next time!

Menel, among all the more or less experimental games I've played in it was fun and interesting to play an old-timey minimalistic one. Thanks for modding!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #276
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Kitanna, I'm curious. Who did you dream of on the Night the wolves killed you?
Eomer.

This game gave me flashbacks to my very first WW game. A guilty Morm convinced the village to lynch me. I was the seer and dreamt Morm and packmate Kath. Morm led my lynching, almost convinced the village I hadn't dreamt him, and convinced everyone Kath hadn't been dreamt. When Zil revealed I almost threw my computer out the window and swore to never, ever play again. Then I tried to blackmail the village to avoid a repeat of my first game lynching. Ah WW drama.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #277
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Eomer.

This game gave me flashbacks to my very first WW game. A guilty Morm convinced the village to lynch me. I was the seer and dreamt Morm and packmate Kath. Morm led my lynching, almost convinced the village I hadn't dreamt him, and convinced everyone Kath hadn't been dreamt. When Zil revealed I almost threw my computer out the window and swore to never, ever play again. Then I tried to blackmail the village to avoid a repeat of my first game lynching. Ah WW drama.
Wow...I can't believe it, I've forgotten reading that game (must go back and find it!). That must have been drama at its finest. No wonder you were so frustrated.

Please play again.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #278
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Wow...I can't believe it, I've forgotten reading that game (must go back and find it!). That must have been drama at its finest. No wonder you were so frustrated.

Please play again.
I'm already for the next game.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #279
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Gal55, I think you should take it as a compliment that Shasta wanted you out of the way. I'm sure you'll make it to endgame another time.
Thanks, Pitch! I take it as a compliment whenever I get Nightkilled (so few times) rather than lynched (a bit too often), but I suppose I should take into account that it is Shasta who wanted me out of there.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #280
Kitanna
Child of the West

From some reason I can't parcel out any rep points. But well done all.

A few notes:
Sally: I'm going to just have to always vote for you. Always and forever, innocent or guilty. I'll never forgive you. Until the day we're packmates and lay waste to a village that is.

Inzil: I had a feeling a false reveal was coming my way, but curse you anyway. After your "vague" suspicions of me, I knew you had to be a wolf. I dreamt of you to remove all doubt. I really could have killed you for your shenanigans.

Cop: It's hard to believe you're a newbie. I didn't have an instinctive urge to lynch you as is my norm with new players. Very impressive first run.

Menel:: Thanks for the game. I've always wanted to be a grizzled old wizard.