The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #121
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, I think I missed one Gwath-Legate exchange. I'll go to have dinner now but I'll analyse it when I come back.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #122
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Unlike Noggie, I find Kath more suspicious than in other games I've had with her. I don't think I've ever seen her as a Wolf and I can't really find what made me suspect her. Something in #101 really scared me, but since she has left, I won't start searching much deeper into it toDay.

Nerwen, on the other hand feels quite Innocent. Although some things she said made quite little sense.

Lommy is much more like the Innocent-Lommy than the Wolf-Lommy. Her arguing with Noggie is less nervous than when she's evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Some things I noted.
Well found, but unfortunately, I don't think the Seer-dream-stuff is very useful. We should remember that it points at either Oddwen's Innocence or Gwath's guilt. Not both - and we can't know which for sure. Hmm... Ok, my idea was quite pointless, but I want to remind that it doesn't point both to Oddwen's Innocence and Gwath's guilt. I myself, don't believe that the Seer would reveal her Dreams so soon. Then again, Lommy has been good with guessing Dreams earlier... Oh, botheration.

But the find about Gwath's possible slip is good, though I still can't admit that I fully believe in the existance of slips. As deep as I have ventured into the jungles, I have found surprisingly little of the Wolf-eating legend called "slips".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I just had a French lesson (how appropriate ) and something occured to me. Legate and Gwath are fellow wolves, it fits parfaitement. I don't have time to elaborate right now but I will definitely return to that, as well as finish rereading the thread.
This most certainly points to Lommy's Innocence. I hope that something of your point is left - at the very least I would like to hear it.

Noggie's #112 looks too calm concidering the situation. I would have expected much more reaction at Lommy's certainty about Legate and Gwath. Or at least something, something... As if he's avoiding the topic.
And the fact that he continuesly reminds about my vote. I really think he should know better!

edit: Xd with three Lommys
Old 05-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #123
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am back! Well, nothing much different for me to say. Nog seems to me that he is playing wolfy-safe this time, really. Like, bringing suspicion against someone, then being a little reserved when he thinks he should calm down and let the waters calm a little, like in this case with Lommy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And after all this I think I have some reasons to believe you're more innocent than not (the way you reacted felt quite genuine) which I didn't have yesterDay. Sadly I can't say the same of Legate as his reactions to the affair felt more sinister. But without further points on him I would not like to vote for him at least yet.
Then I don't like the things he bases his suspicions on - they are too "simple" for Nog! He, from my point of view gives too much weight in his cases to things like Lommy saying "Poor Lhuna" or what it was, or this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
So look at this quote from Nerwen after she defends her vote on Lhuna being forced to make it early: !!!
These are the simplest things one catches a wolf on. But surely we know well that even normal people may say things like that and it's not necessary to always build case on that. Or at least say "Yes, but also..." And I would expect Nog at least to come to this with more "critical thinking", eh? Unless he has interest to not include it but build suspicion against those people among others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Also Lommy had a nice find from Gwath:
And this could be a wolf catching upon a suspicion that can be built, and which even others may follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Also I still think Volo's self-vote was more suspicious than not.
Not sure why. I also have to check what you said about his self-vote yesterday... if you did anything... because I think there's nothing odd on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
A point of semantics... I guess I was thinking that if wolves indeed contributed to her death they "killed" her, but if it bothers you I'll amend it to "lynched".
Well yes, but it was not just about the word you used, of course it's clear you meant lynched (although it's odd), however you talked even the way that it looked like you took the lynch of Lhuna as some planned event, like a kill, indeed. I don't know what to make of it at all, but I simply find that odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Also, Legate should stop that behaviour instantly! Whatever I say about him, he posts right after me and changes my opinion.
Oh, sorry. That's not intentional But at least it keeps your mind thinking it over, doesn't it?

EDIT: x-ed just a little... since Mith or what was it, before Lommy now...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #124
Volo

I think our problem is that we haven't hed the silent/loud-discussion on yet. :S
Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #125
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The thing I missed was this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, I can only state it's most unfortunate about Lhuna, and the more now that I see there's probably not much to find out from her posts.
Seriously? Or do you just not want us to look? Both you and Lommy have seriously played down the implications of Lhuna's death. And now you're both going after Nogrod.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Seriously? Or do you just not want us to look?
No way. Just go and look, actually, there's not that many posts from her. But I am stating my opinion: and that is - there's not much to gather.
It really doesn't change anything. Except it's a bit harsh from fellow wolves in the start of Day2, but not unthinkable at all...

Okay, now I'll write a summary about my feelings about people (and quite funnily, I started forming this post in that French lesson many hours ago... I'll see if there are changes...)...

edit: xed with silly Volo
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #126
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, this is my suspicion list, from the most innocent to the most guilty...

Innocent-like
Mith - general manner, own declarations of innocence

Not alarmed about
Oddwen - feels genuine enough, possibly dreamed of by Lhuna, so I wouldn't start worrying about her yet
Nerwen - general feeling, there's nothing suspicious about her that has caught my attention

Too little data or no clear opinion on
sally - what can you say based on one single post? Well, if I had to guess, I wouldn't be worried...
Elf-Warrior - far too little data, but I'm not really troubled (ie he's slipping under my radar )
Volo - he's not worrying me either, although he has refused to explain his vote, which is something that doesn't make me very easy about him

Slightly suspicious
Kath - there's just something in her overall manner that doesn't sit right with me

Suspicious
Legate
Gwath
Nogrod

I won't elaborate on the three last ones, because they are what I'm mostly been talking about the whole Day. I could vote any of them - although I'd be the least enthusiastic to vote Legate of those. He looks the least suspicious of them and given how my opinion of him changes, I wouldn't be ready to lynch him just yet...
Old 05-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #127
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ok, I have a lot to catch up on. Give me a few moments.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #128
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Please Legate try to decide what you're suspecting me of: running rampant or playing safe?

Let me explain my points on Nerwen and Volo (once again) as they have been asked.

It's pretty clear we're more often than not pretty unsure with our votes. But I find it quite interesting Nerwen brings that up in such a manner. First of all there were already votes on Volo, Gwath and Legate at the point when Nerwen voted. Why was she afraid - already then as she claims - the wolves might jump particularly on her vote? Why did she vote for Lhuna if she wasn't actually the most suspicious one in her eyes? There's an easy solution these if Nerwen is a wolf. Then she knew her vote was sham and when Lhuna turned out the seer her position looked bad. So she had all the reason to whitewash herself as soon as possible and maybe she just overdid it trying to make us feel that she had been sorry to vote for Lhuna already yesterDay and had hoped the wolves would not follow her vote? But why wouldn't innocent votes get Lhuna lynched as well? Or was it pure rhetoric (me innocent - them wolves trying to use my "innocent & repented" vote).

Volo's vote, once again then. He was the first to vote and he voted himself without any pressure to be seen on him. The result: everyone (well almost everyone) thinks he must be an innocent. I just don't see an innocent doing it - or at least I see a host of more resons for a wolf to do that.

Not much of cases either one of them but better than nothing.

Still I think our best bet toDay is Gwath unless we get some brighter ideas during this last hour+.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy & Gwath
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #129
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Now, was Lhuna killed for giving Seer hints? We can't assume this, but if she was it's more likely it was for picking a wolf than for babbling about pine cones. (I'd guess Gwathagor, in that case.)

However– why wasn't she killed in the night instead? Remember, she suspected everyone who voted her, so if there are wolves among them (I'm not one, as it happens), then they risked incriminating themselves.

That's if she was killed for being a Seer and not just a nuisance.
Now either I'm misunderstanding Nerwen, she's talking very odd stuff or she's making slips.

Legate already mentioned this post (and that is how I ended looking at it). Anyway, I find it odd for her to assume that Lhuna was especially killed (by Wolf/Wolves) and not just lynched (by the majority). And killed at the spot for being a Seer... How unprobable is that?

Ok, now I've been asked several times about my vote. I did already explain it however - or I think I did. A shot in the dark could have been more fatal, especially if I had hit a Gifted. Concerning the game, it was safest to vote for myself, since - yes - I didn't believe that I'd be lynched for just two in-character posts.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #130
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Please Legate try to decide what you're suspecting me of: running rampant or playing safe?
Both. And don't try to save it with the overlooking tone and a smiley. I - don't - like - the -way - you - behave in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
It's pretty clear we're more often than not pretty unsure with our votes. But I find it quite interesting Nerwen brings that up in such a manner. First of all there were already votes on Volo, Gwath and Legate at the point when Nerwen voted. Why was she afraid - already then as she claims - the wolves might jump particularly on her vote? Why did she vote for Lhuna if she wasn't actually the most suspicious one in her eyes? There's an easy solution these if Nerwen is a wolf. Then she knew her vote was sham and when Lhuna turned out the seer her position looked bad.
Or from how strangely she talks, if I combine these two things, that could be a solution - that she's a wolf and actually thought Lhuna a Seer. This would fit with this theory you present (which I would think plausible), and explain her really strange talks about kill and such. Or maybe. But I am actually still perplexed about it, as I think Nerwen intelligent enough not to make any silly slipping mistakes, if she were a wolf. Not like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Volo's vote, once again then. He was the first to vote and he voted himself without any pressure to be seen on him. The result: everyone (well almost everyone) thinks he must be an innocent. I just don't see an innocent doing it - or at least I see a host of more resons for a wolf to do that.
And that's actually what I don't think, and not also sure that many people did think him innocent because of that. My approach, and suggestion, was to simply ignore the vote at all: not make it a bonus, nor a minus. Volo was in certain situation, it's possible he did it intentionally, but... you see, I find that too small thing to base anything on.

Volo: Only one question which you did not explain in your last post. There was also the option not to vote at all. Why did you not do it and voted yourself instead?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #131
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Ok, now I've been asked several times about my vote. I did already explain it however - or I think I did. A shot in the dark could have been more fatal, especially if I had hit a Gifted. Concerning the game, it was safest to vote for myself, since - yes - I didn't believe that I'd be lynched for just two in-character posts.
I could be persuaded to believe you with this - at least provisionally or at the moment and let the future show us more of you - even if I still think that a wolf-Volo would be very much able to pull the same thing. As you say yourself "I didn't believe that I'd be lynched for just two in-character posts"!!! So you say it was the "safest" thing to do. Yes it was - whether you're an innocent with no gift... or a wolf.

EDIT: X'd with Legate
Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #132
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Where are you people?

40 minutes left and only a few people have voiced their minds lately!

Legate I intended no special tone in my post asking you to decide. I just found it funny to be suspected for exactly opposing reasons within the same Day by the same person...

And about my style... if I have a lots of time in my hands I tend to read and analyse carefully which in turn results in more critical and careful posts. When I'm not having too much time I try to pick whatever comes my way or arouses attention and throw it forwards to see what happens. If everyone played like Sally or Elf Warrior we'd have nothing to discuss or no reactions to notice. The pot needs stirring.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #133
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Why did you not do it and voted yourself instead?
I support death penalty when not being decisive about killing somebody. In other words: modfire.

Drat, this is getting late.

:/
Old 05-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #134
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay. A piece of a post, then more homeworks. Yes, I said it. Homeworks.

Sorry about being all vague this morning, but I had like two papers due and a test to study for, so I just put myself out there so you all knew I was at least around. And unfortunately, as I am hurried this won't be much of an insightful post either; just making it clear where I stand with other people.

Down to business, if momentarily.
Lommy seems innocent enough to me, although....I really don't like the way she and Noggie are interacting. I wouldn't be surprised to see a little (or big....tehe) boot flying across the forum closer to deadline. But for now, she is on my innocent list.

Master Noggins. Why, my gin-toting companion, do you leave a strange impression on me? I need to look at you a lot more closely, as at the moment you are in the yellowish-orange colored area of my suspicion map. Best watch yourself mister.

Nerwen. Nerwen, Nerwen, Nerwen. You are operating way too much under the assumption that the wolves knew Lhuna was the seer. (Please correct me if I misunderstand) "The wolves jumped onto my vote because they knew she was seer," major paraphrasing aside, is a fairly suspicious statement. First of all, the only way you could know the wolves thought Lhuna was seer is if you were a wolf. Second of all, anyone, even ordos like myself, could have mistakenly jumped onto the Lhuna-wagon. An unfortunate mistake, but a mistake nonetheless, so to assume that the wolves targeted her specifically is rather silly. Now, I'm not saying that you're wrong, because it's perfectly possible that you as an innocent inadvertently started the bandwagon against her and some of the wolves mixed themselves in alongside the rest of the ordos, but I find this highly unlikely. You get a suspicious tag. Third and last, my duck seems to be catching a cold of some sort. Any ideas on how to make her feathers fluffy again?

Volo, my friend, your self vote seems odd, but I'm thinking you're innocent, especially after seeing your explanation.

Gwath....ie....poo....plead your case, and plead it carefully. I'm doubting you'll be able to weasel, erm, lawyer your way out of this one if you are a wolf, because I'm still apt to believe you are a fuzzy fiend and that Lhuna may have found you out. Or maybe she just got (semi) lucky when she voted you. Either way, I think you need a shave before you appear before the village again.

Elf-Warrior....erm, yeah. I've got nothing. Sorry.

Oddwen seems innocent right now, but I haven't looked at her in detail. I might change my opinion on her, but only if she does something....odd. Sorry; couldn't resist the pun.

Legate is acting very rationally, making good posts, good points, and generally being very helpful. But that doesn't mean he's innocent. I'll have to look at him a lot more, but time isn't allowing for it right now, so he'll have to wait until tomorrow, that is assuming we both survive the Night. For now, I think he's okay though.

Kath hasn't said all that much, but for some reason she seems off to me. I have basically nothing to base it off of right now, but I think she might be a little fuzzy. Have to look closer sometime and form a better opinion.

That's all for now. Obviously coming back to vote, but I'm going to submit this, do some work, and come back in a few minutes.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #135
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And again, sorry for being so quiet and so far unhelpful. So blastedly busy today. *pulls out hair and grabs some ale from Master Nog*
Old 05-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #136
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
My first inclination is that there's got to be something going on around Lommy, Legate, and Nogrod. There seems to be a great deal of reactionism and righteous indignation and even a few flippant remarks, which are used to brush off accusations without giving them due consideration. Nogrod and Legate feel (yeah, yeah, I know) more wolf-like than Lommy at this point. Nogrod looks bad because he has been right in the thick of everything since Day 1. Legate seems serpentine and sneaky - rational, but quietly twisting arguments and words (both Nerwen and Lommy called him on this). Lommy's posting style seems more relaxed and casual than the other two. This could be a carefully studied act, but I am not prepared to vote against her yet.

However, it might just be that these three players stand out the most because they have been the most vocal. When I've played before, it seems like while there might be one wolf out in the open (i.e. among Lommy, Nogrod, and Legate), the other two are usually hiding among the quiet players. Oddwen looks the worst of the quiet to me - but you all seem to be convinced that Lhuna found her innocent? To me, her sparse, non-involved voting/posting pattern seems like that of either a scavenging wolf or an irresponsible innocent.

Volo's explanation of his vote makes sense. It doesn't make me happy, but I have to admit that his reasoning makes sense.

I have to go try to work up a case against one of my suspects before I vote. Lots of reading to do.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #137
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
First of all there were already votes on Volo, Gwath and Legate at the point when Nerwen voted. Why was she afraid - already then as she claims - the wolves might jump particularly on her vote?
I was not afraid that the wolves might jump particularly on my vote. Where did you get that idea? I was speaking mostly on general principles: I don't like voting early. More specifically, though– other people, yourself included, had expressed suspicion of her, so I was of course concerned that if she was, in fact, innocent and you were wolves I was giving you an opening. (The same would have applied to anyone on my suspicion list.)

Quote:
Why did she vote for Lhuna if she wasn't actually the most suspicious one in her eyes?
Because there was no "most suspicious" person to vote for. I thought I made that quite clear at the time.

Why did you vote for her, Nogrod?

Quote:
Anyway, I find it odd for her to assume that Lhuna was especially killed (by Wolf/Wolves) and not just lynched (by the majority). And killed at the spot for being a Seer... How unprobable is that?
I do not like this, either, Volo. You have read my post, you say– therefore you know the context:

Quote:
Now, was Lhuna killed for giving Seer hints? We can't assume this, but if she was it's more likely it was for picking a wolf than for babbling about pine cones. (I'd guess Gwathagor, in that case.)

However– why wasn't she killed in the night instead? Remember, she suspected everyone who voted her, so if there are wolves among them (I'm not one, as it happens), then they risked incriminating themselves.

As you see, I was speculating on different possibilities– I assumed nothing.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #138
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

A simple list of my opinions on people:

ORANGE ZONE
Gwathagor
- same as yesterday, plus I still have slightly uneasy feeling about him, and some things may be either way with him.

YELLOW ZONE
Oddwen
- something more to follow today, doesn't look that bad.
Sally - her post today (was it only one? I think so. The first one in any case.) was a little unnerving and somewhat running around the same facts. She could be a wolf playing a cheery girl.

MORE LIKE INNOCENT
Kath
- although I am inclined to think her maybe rather innocent, she is partially an enigma to me. But that's about her general behavior, when I don't know how she behaves if innocent and how if a Wolf.
Mithalwen - the only things I might have against her would be the same I stated in my very opening posts, but otherwise later she seems more okay.
Nerwen - spoke about above.

MORE MORE LIKE INNOCENT
The Elf-warrior
- from the little he sent seeming innocentish enough to me.
Lommy - seems like her honest self well enough.
Volo - seeming honest enough to me, the only possiblity of something fishy there would be if his self-vote was really with some intention.

RED ZONE
Nogrod
- see my many posts above.

Also even about those I have marked as less suspicious, bear in mind that I have several people possibly paired, so if one turns wolf, I'd look at the other - see in my other posts. If that happens.

So, from this it would seem for me to vote against Nogrod as the most probable thing.

EDIT: x-ed since Sally.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #139
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Gwath....ie....poo....plead your case, and plead it carefully.
What case? Be more specific, please, and I'll do my best to oblige. I haven't seen any serious arguments or evidence leveled against me, but you seem pretty happy to seize on Oddwen's vote and call it a case - and THAT looks fuzzy, because you've been even less involved than Oddwen.

I voted against Lhuna yesterday, first, in self-defense, and second, because her vote looked way too easy and careless to be well-intentioned.

Crossed with Nerwen
Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #140
Volo

Le pain est un aliment de base dans de nombreuses sociétés humaines. Il est fabriqué ŕ partir de farine, de levure ou levain, de sel et d'eau.

I'm halfway reading through Nogrod and I feel quite concerned about him. Apart from that I'm fearing that Mith is using our trust in her words against us.
Nerwen's latest post looks more genuine, although I know that a Wolwen can pull out such posts with seeming ease.

I am however still at a loss of whom to vote. While I could say that Noggie is my main suspect, I'm not confident enough to risk losing an Innocent Noggie at this point.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #141
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Sorry, Gwath, should have made that more plain. I suspect you, and pretty heavily. Mostly based on Lhuna. And since you're a lawyer, I figured I'd put my suspicion semi-in-character.

And did I mention Oddie? I didn't think I did, but maybe I put something in and didn't realize it.

EDIT: Oddwen's vote. Gotcha now. Sorry, not with it. *facepalms herself* Cancel my 2:30. I'm not in the mood to hear about anyone's mother.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #142
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Lommy's posting style seems more relaxed and casual than the other two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Also, I'm not downplaying your thoughts by labeling them as preaching. I think it's always worth it to hear what people have to say - even if it is nonsense. I was just expressing my annoyance at you obviously thinking me stupid and repeating your old speech about being nice. Everyone here has probably heard it dozens of times and I don't tend to be delighted by people thinking I'm an idiot. That is why what you said struck me as useless preaching - and now that I think of it, sort of trying to appear good. And my apologies if I'm offensive, I don't mean to be, but I think Nog won't think I hate him if I complain to him or be offended by my honest opinion (at least I hope so...) or do anything as silly, so I don't feel like hiding my message between nice "flowery" talk.
Have we been reading the same thread Gwath or are you trying to get allies rubbing them the right way?

Quote:
Why did you vote for her, Nogrod?
If you read the thread you'd have the answer. I suspected Volo (and the teamplay of Volo & Lhuna) the most alongside Gwath. In the end it seemed no one else was ready to vote for Volo so I would have wasted my vote on him. There were already two votes on Lhuna so the theory of them two being wolves could be checked by voting Lhuna. And I'm not trying to cover or sweeten my vote afterwards. I believed it was the best option I had then. It ended in a disaster to be sure but that's hindsight as we know know what she was. But we didn't then.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #143
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I was not afraid that the wolves might jump particularly on my vote. Where did you get that idea? I was speaking mostly on general principles
Well you said this:
Quote:
I was, of course, afraid of wolves jumping on my vote
edit: bolded also the "of course" as that should be noticed as well...

Last edited by Nogrod; 05-05-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #144
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, the posts above changed nothing much about my list. They go with what I said there. Only, about - and to - Gwathagor. If you are not a wolf, I would like to warn you about something, at least I think that's your style of playing: you give too much to what others think. Think for yourself! I think what you said in your last post is of that kind:

Quote:
Legate seems serpentine and sneaky - rational, but quietly twisting arguments and words (both Nerwen and Lommy called him on this).
I would have called this a reason for putting you even further on my suspicion list (to the red zone with Nog), however then I thought a little and I think you actually do that. Because saying "I think X is suspicious, and look, even Y and Z say so!" is a way of supporting your claims by others' arguments, which a normal villager simply shouldn't do! Or not this way, as it seems that you are convincing others by it. Anyway, there's that thing like I said, that I think you very often form your opinions based on what others say - so it this is the case, and you are not a wolf, I am warning you against it.

That's it. I'm going to vote probably soon, unless something else happens. Hope no net malfunction's coming today.

EDIT: Ooops! x-ed since my last post. Why, it's almost DL. I should vote already.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #145
Volo

Somehow I predict a long post from Lommy in the next 5minutes. After which total chaos will arrive.

I had some good joke about why voting one self is a good idea, but forgot it.

C'est la vie est un album studio de Johnny Hallyday sorti en 1977.

edit: Xd with Noggie and Legate
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #146
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Fourteen until deadline, and only one vote in, unless I'm mistaken. Let's not have a last minute vote session, everyone.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #147
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

It's fun to see everyone getting frantic as DL approaches. Ok, now I really am going to go read the thread again and then vote.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #148
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Le pain est un aliment de base dans de nombreuses sociétés humaines. Il est fabriqué ŕ partir de farine, de levure ou levain, de sel et d'eau.

I'm halfway reading through Nogrod and I feel quite concerned about him. Apart from that I'm fearing that Mith is using our trust in her words against us.
Nerwen's latest post looks more genuine, although I know that a Wolwen can pull out such posts with seeming ease.

I am however still at a loss of whom to vote. While I could say that Noggie is my main suspect, I'm not confident enough to risk losing an Innocent Noggie at this point.

How Volo? I haven't really said enough for that alas. There is a good chance Lhuna did dream of me. The wolves know I am innocent so at some point they will try to kill me at night ranger or no only looking too innocent is not a way to survive long in this game. So for that at least I thank you.

You are all confusing me alas .. though Lommie seems more ok than most.

I still dont' trust Nogrod one little bit.. Not sure I have a good reasone to change my vote save a diagnosis of monomania....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #149
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Nerwen. Nerwen, Nerwen, Nerwen. You are operating way too much under the assumption that the wolves knew Lhuna was the seer.
*exasperated sigh* How many times, and to how many people, do I have to explain this? Once again– I did not say that. I said this:

Quote:

This was in the context of general speculation about whether the wolves had or hadn't picked her as the Seer, and lynched her. I wasn't saying anyone who voted her had to be a wolf at all– I was just trying to reason it out.

Did you actually read my post, or were you just going by what other people have said I said?

EDIT: X'd since Sally at #134.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-05-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #150
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Somehow I predict a long post from Lommy in the next 5minutes. After which total chaos will arrive.
Bad prediction. I only came back online less than 10 minutes ago and have been reading what has happened while I've been away...

Anyway, voting time approaches. I'm a bit torn between Nog and Gwath and seems like they will be attracting a lot of votes....

And I forgot to say this before, but weirdly enough (considering my own, rather strong opinion), I find Legate's certainity of Nogrod's guilt rather troubling...

edit: xed with everyone after Volo
Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #151
Volo

Oukeei. Nerwen, Sally and Gwath (him especially) feel suspicious for starting out so near the deadline. There's no time to read the whole thread and vote in 10 minutes. :/
Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #152
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Fourteen until deadline, and only one vote in, unless I'm mistaken.
I think there are two.

Kath -> Nogrod
Oddwen -> Gwath

Oddwen's vote was not bolded but it should count I suppose?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #153
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh dear. I just realized I left Mith out of my last post. Sorry!

I thought she was pretty innocent until her last post. I honestly don't think Lhuna dreamt of her, and Mith assuming that she did rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully nothing, but worth mentioning.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #154
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Not sure I have a good reasone to change my vote save a diagnosis of monomania....
You should get that quick before you people make bad decisions...
Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #155
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I want to get my vote in early to avoid the rush.

++LEGATE

I'll try to come back before DL and back that up a bit, but right now I REALLY have to use the toilet......so I might not make it back...
Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #156
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mind you he is getting defensive - which he reckoned was suspicious when I did it (allegedly) yesterday As was my "stirring of the pot"...

Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #157
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I want to get my vote in early to avoid the rush.

++LEGATE

I'll try to come back before DL and back that up a bit, but right now I REALLY have to use the toilet......so I might not make it back...
Really too much information

Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #158
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Aieeeeee, too hard to decide.

But to be honest (sorry guys ) I won't be too sad to see either of Nog or Gwath go - there will be plenty to analyse toMorrow...

edit: xed with two Miths and a Gwath
Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #159
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I think there are two.

Kath -> Nogrod
Oddwen -> Gwath

Oddwen's vote was not bolded but it should count I suppose?

Erm, yeah. What he said. Sorry, totally missed her vote because it wasn't bolded and I was only skimming for votes.

And to Nerwen. Yes, I did happen to read your post. It still looks fishy to me, and now I'm thinking you're a little too eager to clear your name on the matter. Don't fret; I'm pretty sure that at least I'm not voting you today, so you can relax for now.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #160
Volo

Suddenly I got the urge to vote to vote for Mith. But DON'T DO THAT TODAY!!!