The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #41
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I don't think Gwathy's first-days-are-rubbish attitude in his first post makes him suspicious, as he's always quite like that. My first post wasn't any more constructive than his, Oddwen's or Lhuna's, but why wasn't I suspected because of that then? Because I didn't say I hate day 1's? Why does saying that make one more suspicious, may I ask?
I think it's time to come open with this one. I thought of fishing some reactions from people and I needed a bait. So I came up with this "I hate Day1's" combined with non-informative or otherwise careful first posts - which I do not like anyway myself - to be my criteria for someone looking suspicious. So it was a means, not the end of it even if it's based on my actual preferences for play on Day1's.

Now I think I may share what came out of it.

I suggested that Gwath, Oddwen and Lhuna looked suspicious by my standard.

Gwath's reactions have indeed made me suspicious of him as it feels like he's a wolf trying to parry the suspicions.

Oddwen's reactions don't make me feel too happy about her either but there is something quite Oddwenish in them. Well the wolves would try to look as normal as possible so that is no argument but somehow I tend to think her more innocent than guilty this far.

Lhuna really creeps me out. She hasn't exactly "reacted" to my suspicions but has been posting innocentish stuff all Day. But then I found that she thought me one of her main candidates without stating any reason for it. Now is that an innocent retaliation-reaction or a lycanthropic effort of spreading suspicion for a possibly dangerous adversary?

Agan's questioning of the grounds for the suspicions & her opposition to Gwath's suspiciousness speak good of her as wolves would love to cling into any generally shared suspicion whenever there's one and Gwath has been mentioned as suspicious by a few already.

Both Lhuna and Legate seem to ride the tide in regards Gwath. Lhuna even voted him. So innocents sensing lycantrophy or wolves hiking a free ride?

Only after reading a few comments I realised Mith had actually said she's an ordo. Now all of us who have played with her know she doesn't like to lie whatever the case. It's part of her charming personality. But I'm also feeling a bit uneasy with a situation where someone will be automatically looked upon as an innocent just because she says she is. I mean a few of you have already kind of declared her innocent just because of that.

I will not probably vote for her toDay either as I feel it would be a greater risk than voting for someone else but I just felt a need to bring this thing forwards. For on the other hand her actions do not look too innocentish. Quite the contrary. And I've played with her a few times indeed. She's a bit too explanatory I'd say. But let's wait and see what she will have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
Now, as for Volo's self-vote, I'm not sure if Menel has a provision for automatic lynchings for non-voters. But in any case, I strongly advise not to vote for Volo because of his RL constraints. We have greater need to lynch our strong suspects than people who can't participate properly.
My point against Volo was not that he has RL constraints but that he decided to make a self-vote which I find only screaming of "look at me, I'm innocent!" which I could understand from a wolf but not from an innocent in a situation of no pressure - or a gifted of any sort as that would draw the attention of the wolves towards him in the Night.

But if Volo was a wolf and Lhuna his mate that defence would make sense... nicely vague and general (referring to general principles of not voting for those who have no time to play and thence sidetracking the real issue) but still working towards shielding the suspicions away from Volo?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #42
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post

Also I'm slightly worried about a bit too serious or defencive stance of Mith. It feels like she is thinking I have made an open suspicion on her and she needs to defend herself by sharing her motives whereas what I said about her clearly was only Day1 first loose points. It would fit the classical "wolf feels herself suspected more easily" -case.

Nogrod you are either over analysing or a wolf making a case. You raised issues I answered them honestly and straight forwardly. As it happens it was all I had time for this morning. Since this worries you I shall ignore you henceforth .. and one thing I am not this game is serious.. It is Spring and I have recovered my joie de vivre. For those who find this unsettling no doubt the irritable Mith will return someday.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #43
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, deadline draws nearer and I have no idea who to vote. Maybe a little summary-ish thing would help.

Innocent-looking
Aganzir
Mithalwen
(whatever Mr Hiccup says)

Quite okay
Lhuna

Very neutral
Nerwen
Kath
Volo
Nogrod

A little less neutral
Oddwen
Legate
Gwath

Absolutely no idea
Elf-Warrior
Sally

The problem with Legate, Gwath and Oddwen is that I really don't suspect them more than anybody else. They might have said something to raise my eyebrows more than the others but still, they don't strike me as particularily suspicious. I'd be very hesitant to vote anyone of them on the current grounds. It would feel stupid and very random. I feel like I'm suspecting them just because I have to suspect someone and not because their behaviour genuinely looks wolvish to me. It's like I note some behaviour that could be a sign of wolvishness and make it my suspicion because I have nothing else to go on. It doesn't feel good. I really hope someone starts revealing their furry side and soon, because currently I have the feeling I want to vote someone who won't get lynched and have my conscience clear because I'm at loss with this...

Okay, maybe a reread would be a good idea. I'll do it sooner and later and be back after it.

edit: xed with Mith
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #44
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
J'ai revise mon diagnostic: vous avez tout la maladie de la vache folle.

Yes, I'm back again... and, despite my profession, I still can't really make head nor tail of this.

All I can say is that I'm sure it's no accident that the silliness has gone on as long as it has. My studies in natural history tell me that the typical lycanthrope is prone to encourage such behaviour in others... often in a way that makes it very hard to tell who is doing the encouraging.

Some present thoughts:

Lhuna: Well, let’s put it this way– I get doubtful of people who list others as top suspects without giving reason. I get paranoid when one of those suspects is me. And those “lists” of hers sound more like filler to me– taking up space without really saying much Also, her Gwath vote is perhaps a little too easy...

However, I can’t say I like the look of Gwathagor, either– he just chimes in with other people– but then, as someone else noted, he always does. (Uh... which I guess means that now I’m chiming in...)

Legate: Has been gibbering. Very unusual behaviour for him. Mind you, he did (#16) say something I agree with somewhat, which is that the interactions between Nogrod and Mith seem not quite right in some way (though I wouldn’t have gone so far as to announce they were a pair of wolves, as he did). I think it quite possible one of them is a wolf, anyway.

Edit: X'd with Nogrod, Mith, Lommy.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #45
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right, well it looks like this is the only chance I'll have to post again today so let's have a look through at everyone.

Agan - some nice random accusations, pretty normal Day 1 fare. Has Legate, Lommy and Nog as the wolves.

Gwath - gives the sentiments of most, and I can't argue given my very late arrival. Thinks Oddwen is suspicious for copying his cop-out, but Nog is too for leaping on it. Argues himself in circles about Legate.

Legate - some random stuff, and then it's suspicion of Nog and Mith which is immediately backtracked, especially over Nog. Again then with Lommy as well. So having stated Mith, Nog and Lommy are suspect he then immediately turns his statement round on all three, yet still ends up with Mith in his suspicion list. Looks at Gwath but makes no sure decision.

Lhuna - mentions the uselessness of Day 1's. Has Mith and Legate as innocent, unsure over Lommy and Volo and little on anyone else. Votes Gwath with fair reasoning.

Mith - started off the thread very amusingly, but little of substance. Claims we won't get any double revelations, but I think it's still possible, one should never underestimate the deviosity of werewolf players. On the statistics again, something I am rarely a fan of so early on. Is clearly having fun though. Playing for fun rather than to win, which suggests innocent to me. Some suspicion of Nog.

Nerwen - little there. Suspicion of Gwath, Lhuna, Legate and either Nog or Mith.

Noggie - picked up on Mith's mentioning of Gifted's as well, same ideas as me there. Arguing himself in circles over her though, so as normal. Kneejerk reaction on Oddwen, Gwath and Lhuna and thinks Lommy innocent. Agrees with Lommy about Gwath and Legate but thinks Oddwen innocent. Thinks Volo and Lhuna could be a wolvish pair.

Oddwen - some randomness.

Lommy - I am your semi-nemesis? I was not aware of this! I knew about morm and Lhuna (lover-traitor) but alright, I'll have another. A little bit accusative, or at least feeling somewhat sharp in the way she questioned Mith. Not sure about her mentioning her own flip flop, especially since it wasn't really one. Picks up on Nog and Mith 'interacting', though I'd say they hadn't done an enormous amount of that. Thinks Legate and Gwath are overthinking what Lhuna did and some suspicion of Volo and Oddwen, all with some fair reasoning. Has Mith, Agan and Lhuna innocent. The person who has just decided you're a wolf and you say 'oh yes they're innocent', well that's an old wolvish trick and I'm not sure Lommy would be that obvious, but it's possible.

Volo - votes for himself, which is about the most unhelpful thing you can do on Day 1 but we're clearly going to get nothing else out of him for the Day.

Nothing from sally or the Elf Warrior, hopefully they'll appear before the Day is out. But now, I must vote.

Innocent:
Agan
Lhuna
Mith
Nerwen
Volo

Guilty:
Gwath
Legate
Nog
Lommy

Everyone else I'm not sure about. Of those I find suspicious I am tempted to vote Gwath or Legate for a couple of reasons. First I don't want to vote Nog because I have an automatic reaction of suspicion. Lommy I don't feel is suspicious enough to warrant a vote. Both Gwath and Legate argue themselves in circles about each other as if deliberately trying not to come to a final decision, but Legate does it for other people as well so is more irritating with it. Therefore:

++LEGATE
Old 05-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #46
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post

However, I can’t say I like the look of Gwathagor, either– he just chimes in with other people– but then, as someone else noted, he always does. (Uh... which I guess means that now I’m chiming in...)
Excuse me? When did I do that? But at least you preemptively acknowledged that you also are "chiming in" with other people (in this case Nogrod). That's good. Acknowledging your own suspiciousness is always a good ploy for averting further suspicion. (Ha!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
As far as I've seen, wolves actually make very little plans.
I don't even know what to make of this. It just seems so far out that I can't tell whether she really thinks it and is just kind of crazy, or whether she's trying to fool us.

X-ed with Kath
Old 05-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #47
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
because currently I have the feeling I want to vote someone who won't get lynched and have my conscience clear because I'm at loss with this...
Ha! Another Frollo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I feel like I'm suspecting them just because I have to suspect someone and not because their behaviour genuinely looks wolvish to me. It's like I note some behaviour that could be a sign of wolvishness and make it my suspicion because I have nothing else to go on. It doesn't feel good. I really hope someone starts revealing their furry side and soon, ---
I haven't quite decided yet whether this honest whining is that of a wolf or innocent.

Quote:
Lhuna really creeps me out. She hasn't exactly "reacted" to my suspicions but has been posting innocentish stuff all Day. But then I found that she thought me one of her main candidates without stating any reason for it. Now is that an innocent retaliation-reaction or a lycanthropic effort of spreading suspicion for a possibly dangerous adversary?
A fair point about Lhuna not reacting to your suspicion. But I'm not sure what you meant by saying she didn't state a reason for suspecting you. Do you mean she didn't say that in the post in which she declared you as one of her top suspects, or that she didn't give proper reasons for you being either a sneaky wolf or a trigger-happy innocent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Agan's questioning of the grounds for the suspicions & her opposition to Gwath's suspiciousness speak good of her as wolves would love to cling into any generally shared suspicion whenever there's one and Gwath has been mentioned as suspicious by a few already.
Actually, I suspect Gwath too. I just didn't find hating day ones a reason to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
But I'm also feeling a bit uneasy with a situation where someone will be automatically looked upon as an innocent just because she says she is. I mean a few of you have already kind of declared her innocent just because of that.
She's someone I'm not going to vote today, not one innocence of whose I'll be sure for the rest of the game.

Given their interaction, I might be inclined to consider Lhuna and Legate fellow wolves.

Another one I'm not going to vote today is Kath. She shares my suspects and arguments in an innocent-looking way.

edit: xed with Gwath
Old 05-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #48
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Especially Gwath and Legate:
What? So Lhuna's lists are "clear" and "helpful" and "statement of fact and not much own opinion" and she "limits herself to facts and not value judgements"? Am I missing the sarcasm or something? While I appreciate Lhuna's lists and find them amusing, I would never use those expressions to describe them. In my opinion, they are full of very subjective interpretation and more joking & bantering than clear and helpful statement of facts. There is nothing wrong with this kind of approach (meaning Lhuna's approach, of course), but there is something wrong with the fact that these two gentlemen interpret Lhuna's posts so very differently from how I do it. I mean, their view seems quite limited, if not even false.
Not sure what I said was well understandable. I definitely did not agree with Gwath's marking of Lhuna's posts as "clear" or "helpful". What I said was not about Lhuna, but about Gwath: I meant that his evaluation of Lhuna's posts seemed logical (the way I understand Gwath, i.e. doesn't mean I agree with him) and spoke for his good. And I thought similarly, that is, that Lhuna may have simply posted "lists", which is nice (speaking now overall of lists, not of these in particular), but it doesn't help as it's just a list and you don't learn anything about the list-maker himself (or you actually may, as his thoughts leak in it whether he wishes or not. But I spoke about it all in the post about it earlier pretty well, I think).

Quote:
And I promise to lynch you first if you keep using Japanese words because they are ugly.
All right, I'll stop. I don't know many of them anyway. So:

Aganzir-chan looks innocentish to me, although I am aware that when she looks innocent, she generally isn't and vice versa, however I would like to hope this time it's different.

Gwathagor-kun is more in the yellow line, which makes him one of the most probable lynchees... however... err, I don't like it. Actually I am toying with the idea to lynch someone who has given no evidence at all but just banter (other than Volo, that is). We can always lynch Gwath tomorrow. But there's the thing that I never did that (meaning lynching a silent one), and I would have also to see whom to pick... (The main idea for this is the "deterrent example" to be made for those who don't post... right from the top of my head I am thinking about Oddwen or such, who have posted several times, but posted absolutely nothing of worth, and that is even at the time when there were topics to discuss.)

Lhuna-san looks sometimes strange, maybe she is catching to a good possible lynchee Gwath and not going after me because I may be her support... whatever. She'd be also around the yellow line, also, possibly.

Nogrod-sama looks helpful, although his latter posts give me the worries of possible sinisterness, in accord to what I said earlier. But he's not high on my list (meaning, not high in suspicion).

Lommy-chan looks more like her innocent self even with the latter posts.

Mithalwen-sama I am not viewing that well still, however I am not that sure about her and I will refrain from voting her today.

I see Nerwen-sama has posted as well now, good. One thing to what you said: yes, I have been definitely gibbering more than usual, I am well aware of that, looks like I am like that now. But that's not a matter to worry about. Overall, Nerwen looks innocentish to me from the little I have.

About others, I can't say A nor B, because I can't recall them saying anything interesting.

And P.S. I'll be for ignoring Volo-san's vote today. For myself, I think it was of no significance at all. He simply left for today, and that's it. Not making + nor - from it.

EDIT: x-ed since Kath
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #49
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I don't even know what to make of this. It just seems so far out that I can't tell whether she really thinks it and is just kind of crazy, or whether she's trying to fool us.
Which part you didn't understand? That single sentence or my point?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #50
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Aganzir-chan looks innocentish to me, although I am aware that when she looks innocent, she generally isn't and vice versa, however I would like to hope this time it's different.
Last time Legate-sika said so he was a wolf. I have no reason to assume he is this time different.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #51
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I don't like these myths that have sprung up around me - if they go on much longer, they'll become tradition, and then they'll haunt me for the rest of the game, even after they are unrecognizably far from the truth.

Myth #1: I chime in with people. Reality: I've posted twice, and spoken my mind both times. Granted, my first post was not helpful.

Myth #2: I'm trying to flatter Legate so that he'll help me out later. Reality: I stated that Legate, as usual, seems rational. This is a truth universally acknowledged throughout the Downs, and, if anything, it puts me more on my guard because I am a sucker for rational arguments.

Myth #4: Me and Legate are arguing circles around each other. Reality: I posted a brief paragraph mentioning Legate.

Ok. I am going to try to read through the thread again. I need to narrow my suspicions, which at this point, include just about everyone.

X-ed with Aganzir
Old 05-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #52
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
To sum up my views right now - and as I need to be making dinner for myself & Lommy soon it may take a while I'm back.

I find suspicious based on arguments:
Gwath
Lhuna
Volo

I have some concerns but probably not enough to vote toDay:
Oddwen
Mith
Legate

I feel more innocent than not:
Nerwen
Lommy
Kath!!!

I think more innocent than not:
Aganzir

I have no idea this far:
Sally
The Elf Warrior

Just a few points to explain...

Suspicious:
Gwath looks suspicious as himself but Lhuna and Volo look tied together - or should we say that if they both were wolves their actions would make even more sense.

Somewhat suspicious but not enough to vote:
Oddwen looks both playful and reserved at the same time. Her reactions to my test-suspicions were kind of tense in a way but at the same time joking. I'm not sure what to think of it. Somehow she doesn't sit right with me but I'm reluctant to turn that uncomfortableness into a vote as yet.

I share the suspicions on Legate but would not want to see him go this early in the game with this light reasons. They are too slight to make a vote. But he does make me feel uncomfortable.

And Mith then. I kind of trust her openness and realise I just wish to do that but somehow she's more explanative and defensive I'd presume an innocent Mith would be.

Feel good even if with reservations:
With Lommy I'm just perplexed. She looks and feels innocent but that's just the point with her! She just looks and feels too good - not regarding the pre-empting admission of flip-flopping which kind of bothers me still as being a bit too careful thing to do. But I find her more innocent than not by just a feeling.

With Nerwen it's easier as she doesn't send me any "bad vibes" - even if there's nothing to talk on behalf of her innocence either... although I do agree with most of her points in her last post and that might be a factor why I think she belongs to this category of "feels innocent more than not".

And Kath! I can't believe this! But yes I'm not suspecting her at the moment. Hear the soughing of the leaves of history! I still am afraid of her everytime I play in a game with her but somehow her approach feels more innocentish than not this time. What's happening?

I think more innocent than not:
Agan for her questioning of the reasons behind my suspicions and openly disagreeing them. A wolf would love to follow a trail of suspicion and not downplay it.

About Sally we will not hear toDay (and we shouldn't lynch her for that) but where's the Elf Warrior?

EDIT: X'd with a host of discussion...
Old 05-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #53
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Myth #2: I'm trying to flatter Legate so that he'll help me out later. Reality: I stated that Legate, as usual, seems rational.
It looks like that because of my inability to see anything rational about Legate's posts at the beginning of the day.

edit: xed with Nog
Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #54
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Legate - some random stuff, and then it's suspicion of Nog and Mith which is immediately backtracked, especially over Nog. Again then with Lommy as well. So having stated Mith, Nog and Lommy are suspect he then immediately turns his statement round on all three, yet still ends up with Mith in his suspicion list. Looks at Gwath but makes no sure decision.
I don't like the simple and nothing-saying analysis of me, but whatever. How should I say that... if I were a wolf and wanted to lynch me, I would surely find better way to express evidence why I am guilty. But this is not like it. I thought about a possiblilty that she may be the wolf and not making direct accusations, simply hoping to get me down. And for example there could be other reasons, like that Gwath is a fellow wolf and she wants to bring forward another lynchee the people might eventually vote for. I may be of course overcomplicating it. But anyway. Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Mith - started off the thread very amusingly, but little of substance. Claims we won't get any double revelations, but I think it's still possible, one should never underestimate the deviosity of werewolf players. On the statistics again, something I am rarely a fan of so early on. Is clearly having fun though. Playing for fun rather than to win, which suggests innocent to me. Some suspicion of Nog.
This actually troubles me more. Thinking of the former, Kath did not have much time as she said, so whatever. But this? There have been looots of people who obviously "played for fun rather than to win" or such, but Kath never called it like that except for Mith's case. So, is she making a defense of fellow wolf? If Mith is a wolf, Kath may be as well?

Quote:
Ha! Another Frollo!
And stop saying that, I always read "Frodo"

EDIT: X-ed since my last post.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #55
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Last time Legate-sika said so he was a wolf. I have no reason to assume he is this time different.
Oh really did I? I thought this is the first time. Now what to make out of this (since you apparently were innocent back then, but I wasn't, so...)

Quote:
Myth #2: I'm trying to flatter Legate so that he'll help me out later. Reality: I stated that Legate, as usual, seems rational. This is a truth universally acknowledged throughout the Downs, and, if anything, it puts me more on my guard because I am a sucker for rational arguments.
Well, being a little immodest, it may be a truth universally if you say so, but it definitely was not true in my opening posts, really. I lacked sleep and even if you said the core of my thoughts was good or you agree with it or something, okay, but it most definitely was not rational! And when even I say that, you surely can't give me that

Quote:
Myth #4: Me and Legate are arguing circles around each other. Reality: I posted a brief paragraph mentioning Legate.
This, on the other hand, is true. But that speaks nothing about Gwath, but about the person who said that... *googles around*
Old 05-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #56
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Dark-Eye

I have poem for you all. It's entitled "A Bucket Has Been Kicked"

Who is a wolf, I can not tell.
The thoughts in my head aren't clear as a bell.
Is it Mithalwen?
Or could it be Lhunardawen?
Or is it another?
All I know is the dairy farmer has been smothered
By men who take the shape of lycanthropes.
This problem has got this village by the throat.

Ok, on to business. Nogrod's critique of group based arguments in post 15 should be heeded. I'd like to add that the odds of being a wolve are x out of 14 (x=how many lycanthropes there are in this village.) If I had to guess, Nogrod's probably clean. Also, it doesn't matter whether someone has been a wolf before, the odds of someone being a wolf this time are still the same. Lhuna, Legate didn't say everyone was a cobbler, he said everyone was acting like a cobbler. On the other hand, the contents of your list may have been intended for humour as Lommy said, thus making your statement less suspicious in my opinion. As to Lommy's complaint about voting because one has to suspect someone seems perfectly innocent to me. As to Mithalwen, I'm inclined to agree with Kath that she's not a wolf on the grounds that she's playing for fun. I'll vote closer to the deadline.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 05-03-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: X-posted some
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #57
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I don't at all like voting this early, because it's still close to being random. However I have to, so–

++Lhunardawen.

Because she's one of the people I suspect(ish) who hasn't received a vote yet.

That's the best I can do now. I won't be around near the deadline, so good luck to you all (well, except the furry ones).

Au revoir.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #58
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I was getting suspicious of Legate but I am so flattered he used Sama that I may have to rethink

Old 05-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #59
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just off to the kitchen...

Volo -> Volo
Lhuna -> Gwath
Kath -> Legate
Nerwen -> Lhuna

Legate looks better right now and Gwath's "myths" feel more reasonable than not.

I might go for Lhuna today based on reasons I gave in #41.

Also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
A fair point about Lhuna not reacting to your suspicion. But I'm not sure what you meant by saying she didn't state a reason for suspecting you. Do you mean she didn't say that in the post in which she declared you as one of her top suspects, or that she didn't give proper reasons for you being either a sneaky wolf or a trigger-happy innocent?
What I meant was that she mentioned myself as one of her top-candidates without giving a reason why was that. Of the others (Gwath and Nerwen) she made points about. Saying one is "a sneaky wolf or a trigger-happy innocent" can hardly be counted as an argument as such... without further reasoning.

And she's too good a player to just retaliate a suspicion for suspicion if innocent.

EDIT: X'd with a few + added Nerwen's vote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #60
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I don't like the way Nogrod directs the flow of suspicion with his all-encompassing posts. It seems very controlling to me, like he's some kind of master-wolf. Or a mafia boss.

Lhuna's vote against me seems flippant ("that's the way the cookie crumbles").

Volo..... based on his self-vote looks, to me, more like a remarkably bold wolf than just a crazy villager. The most obvious conclusion that we're going to draw is that he must be innocent, because no sane wolf would do something so stupid. Right? So, Volo has now established himself as having a reputation for innocence without making enemies by voting against someone else.

This puts Volo at the top of my list with Nogrod and Lhuna.

Everybody else is mildly suspicious - which means that no one is. Ha.

I want to hear more from Oddwen and The Elf Warrior. We have lynched people for silence in the past...and we could do it again. Of course, silence usually is the safest defense.

EDIT: Wow. Crossed with everyone since/including Legate.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 05-03-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #61
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Yikes better vote and avoid that last minute rush. Nothing good ever comes out of last minutes rushes.

++Lhunardawen

At first I was going to vote against Volo, but I decided I needed more substantial evidence. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 05-03-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelled her name wrong again
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #62
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I messed up, we still have another hour until DL. Sorry.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #63
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
What I meant was that she mentioned myself as one of her top-candidates without giving a reason why was that. Of the others (Gwath and Nerwen) she made points about. Saying one is "a sneaky wolf or a trigger-happy innocent" can hardly be counted as an argument as such... without further reasoning.
Maybe because she hadn't said anything about them earlier.

Gwathy, see my post #49, I asked you something. Last game you were a wolf you got too far by ignoring suspicions and questions, and I won't let it happen again.

I think it's rather hasty to say Volo looks like a wolf because of his vote. My opinion is that he's crazy enough to do it even as innocent, but even if someone else had done it I wouldn't consider it so suspicious.
I would say it's strange indeed that there's such an ado about it...

I am likely to vote either Legate, Gwath or Lhuna today.

edit: xed with two Gwathys
Old 05-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #64
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Sloppy reading on my part, sorry.

My point was that it seems strange to claim that wolves don't make plans. After all, they DO conspire for 24 hours.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #65
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mind you they (I assume) are as much in the dark as us about gifteds. They can't be certain they haven't been picked as a first night seer dream. As a consequence they have perhaps increased dilemma about mentioning their packmates names - not mentioining is as potentially incriminating as the reverse. I remember in my second mod-game it was early doors because Boroseer88effectively bagged two wolves in one. Anyway I have an idea who I am voting for but I shall keep that to myslef pending a swift reread.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #66
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Sloppy reading on my part, sorry.

My point was that it seems strange to claim that wolves don't make plans. After all, they DO conspire for 24 hours.
No problem.

My point was that they often make less plans than the villagers think - I've been in a pack which came up with brilliant plans, but more often I've also been in packs where there wasn't much planning and we just decided to do what felt best in the days. And therefore what villagers think an obvious wolf plot isn't always that for the wolves, who often don't have as much experience with plotting as villagers think.

So the possibility of three good players making an "obvious" wolf plan without the intent to double bluff shouldn't be completely ruled out either.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense to anyone.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #67
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I go for a nice evening walk and what do I see when I come back? A flood of posts and even a couple of votes. Great.

Nerwen looks quite reasonable and innocent to me. Which, according to my previous experiences of her, doesn't mean anything. I hope to hear more of her toMorrow.

Legate seems more innocent now. He seems reasonable and posts a lot without saying anything that seems very wolvish, so I'm not very alarmed about him anymore. Besides although I did not understand his reply to me considering the Lhuna-Gwath thing it seemed quite innocent.

Kath seems like her normal self - the same self she is whether she's innocent or not. Her behaviour doesn't alarm me, anyway, so I'm not very alarmed. (Wow, that was smartly phrased...) I don't agree with her logic all the time, though, and it startles me how she lists five people as innocent and four as guilty without blinking an eye and cheerily says she's not sure about others. Her way of expressing herself is quite black.and-white and slightly creeps me out. Hmm... seems like there's something alarming after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Lommy - I am your semi-nemesis? I was not aware of this!
I said ex-semi-nemesis... besides I think I might have misused the word but I think we used to suspect each other all the time but not anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Given their interaction, I might be inclined to consider Lhuna and Legate fellow wolves.
That crossed my mind too.

Gwath the mythbuster looks more innocent than he did a while ago.

edit: xed with Gwath, Agan, Gwath, Mith and Agan
Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #68
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

++Nogrod

Talks a lot without sticking his neck out. A few people have said that one of us must be a wolf. I know it ain't me (and that this won't look brilliant if I am wrong).

He seems to be attacking then backing off.... and ... well there have been a couple of games where I haven't backed similar hunches and rued it.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #69
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'd hope to hear more from Oddwen and the Elf Warrior. And Mith & Legate could be more open with their thoughts as well... or are you people just leaving all options open for the last minute madness to vote in a way that suits your ends?

If nothing better comes forwards I'd be ready to check this Lhuna - Volo connection by voting Lhuna as I see you others downplay Volo's actions toDay.

Yes I know Volo might do something like that if innocent as well but that self-vote at that kind of situation screams more a wolf to me than not. Gwath indeed put it quite nicely:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
The most obvious conclusion that we're going to draw is that he must be innocent, because no sane wolf would do something so stupid. Right? So, Volo has now established himself as having a reputation for innocence without making enemies by voting against someone else.
Although I must say that seeing someone accompanying my argumets is one of the most suspicious things I know in WW... so I'm not going to trust you more for that Gwath. And the same goes for the Elf Warrior. Saying openly you think I'm innocent doesn't make me think the same of you even if it rubs me the right way like Gwath's agreement about the suspiciousness of Volo & Lhuna.

EDIT: X'd with Mith
Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #70
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Volo -> Volo
Lhuna -> Gwath
Kath -> Legate
Nerwen -> Lhuna
Gwath -> Lhuna
Mith -> Nog

7 (or more likely 6, since sally won't probably appear) votes still to come.

I might be willing to vote for Legate, but it doesn't really matter to me whether it's him, Lhuna or Gwath who dies today since I suspect them all quite equally.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #71
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Actually I think Lhuna's death might give us the most insight... At least when it comes to Gwath, Legate and Volo's innocence or guilt.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #72
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Talks a lot without sticking his neck out.
If you think I haven't sticked my neck out can you please tell me who has? I've tried my best today. Sorry if that's not enough to you. With that argument I think we should have lynched a host of people...

But that's not the main point. The point is why do you chose that one to back your vote for me? Because you hadn't a better one as there isn't one because you are a wolfie who needs to find something to say to accompany your vote? Sorry Mith but you didn't make yourself look any better with that... on the contrary.

Okay. We share the computer - Lommy and me - so I'll give it to her now and vote for

++ Lhuna

EDIT: X'd with Agan X2
Old 05-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #73
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I'd hope to hear more from Oddwen and the Elf Warrior. And Mith & Legate could be more open with their thoughts as well... or are you people just leaving all options open for the last minute madness to vote in a way that suits your ends?
I actually outlined my thoughts and it's not more concrete than that. I am pondering Lhuna right now at this very moment, and you too, Nog, since your latter posts seem to unnerve me more and more. And also since Mith voted you. If it's not a wolf-on-wolf vote... I think I would leave Gwath out today, since later he seemed better... which actually... hmm... I have to think. And when it comes to it, I could also vote Oddwen. But that'd be probably just as a sign of warning, because I don't think anyone else would vote her, so...

EDIT: x-ed since Aganzir
Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #74
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
No problem.

My point was that they often make less plans than the villagers think - I've been in a pack which came up with brilliant plans, but more often I've also been in packs where there wasn't much planning and we just decided to do what felt best in the days. And therefore what villagers think an obvious wolf plot isn't always that for the wolves, who often don't have as much experience with plotting as villagers think.

So the possibility of three good players making an "obvious" wolf plan without the intent to double bluff shouldn't be completely ruled out either.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense to anyone.

So your point is: people have a tendency to over-analyze.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #75
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Nogrod,I can see why you would reason so, but I disagree. Maybe I'm an innocent who is looking for guidance, and who is persuaded by what you say.

++Aganzir

I agree with you about wolf plans, and you seem all right, but I'm going on a hunch. Please forgive me if you aren't a wolf.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #76
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
If you think I haven't sticked my neck out can you please tell me who has? I've tried my best today. Sorry if that's not enough to you. With that argument I think we should have lynched a host of people...

But that's not the main point. The point is why do you chose that one to back your vote for me? Because you hadn't a better one as there isn't one because you are a wolfie who needs to find something to say to accompany your vote? Sorry Mith but you didn't make yourself look any better with that... on the contrary.

Fighting talk Nogrod,
You want another reason? Voting very late is a wolvish trait with you I've found... not falling for it again....

Old 05-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #77
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I don't really like this Lhuna-wagon. Not only because I don't find her particularly suspicious, but also because there's something that makes me feel bad about it in it. Let's call it a gut-feeling.

I have almost no idea who I will vote... Of those who have received votes I'd prefer Gwath, although he does not seem particularly guilty. No one in this village does.

Where's Oddwen?

edit: xed with G, EW and M
Old 05-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #78
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Volo -> Volo
Lhuna -> Gwath
Kath -> Legate
Nerwen -> Lhuna
Gwath -> Lhuna
Mith -> Nog
Nog -> Lhuna
TEW -> Aganzir

Everyone else?
Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #79
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Alright.

++Gwath

for being slightly fishy/unreasonable.

But I really don't even suspect him.

edit: x'd with Gwath
Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #80
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
Please forgive me if you aren't a wolf.
I forgive you if you aren't a wolf yourself.

++ Legate

Because I suspect him more and Lhuna will probably die anyway.

edit: xed with Gwath and Lommy