The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Possible Long Absence

I've got a lot of things going on this summer and am not sure that I'll be able to keep up with the Downs where I'm going, so I thought I'd post this little announcement.

Starting around mid-late morning tomorrow my time, I'll be leaving for a retreat and will return sometime on May 11th. I will not be posting during that time.

What happens afterward is uncertain. After staying overnight at my house, I'll be leaving early the next morning to be away for three months or so to work on dinosaur fossils, and I'm not sure whether I'll have enough Internet access where I'm staying to continue posting during that time.

I've also edited my sig to show what's going on.

If I can reasonably keep up my activities here on the Downs, I will let you know. Otherwise, I'll be back here in August sometime.

EDIT: Though I will probably be reading The Children of Húrin while I'm away...

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 05-05-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, it turns out I do in fact have Internet access out here. So I will continue to post after all.

I'm in Wyoming for most of the summer, so I'll be on US Mountain Time if anyone is wondering.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:26 AM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Individual greeting and announcement threads are normally closed and deleted, but since this is information that some may want to read, I'll move the posts to the New Members Introduction thread on the Novices and Newcomers forum.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Closed Thread