The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #361
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, if Six and Legate are improbable due to Meta (we have to do something to prevent this excess in future games...) and we all believe Rikae, then we probably should vote xyzzy?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #362
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
Oh, but to what I wanted to say - I am actually c) I am an innocent who, from this morning on, sees the lucky situation we are in, unless we lynch me, and do what I can to make our victory complete. Which, after I read Six's posts, probably means for me even revealing the remaining wolf, since I really think Six it is and no one else. After that, I want to have "slate clean" with my WW-survivals
Quote:
All this post is lead in almost hysterically-laughable tone. If you have lovers and two wolves, the grimmest variant, you might yet even lose if you vote me out.
X-posting is such a bliss! I mean you didn't do much good to your case with these two posts (I've only quoted parts as you can all see). I was already starting to think whether I should try to see once again with fervour whether The Sixth is the remaining wolf, but this looks pretty weird for a birthday dreamer...

As an intelligent person you would have stated your information cleanly and nicely - basically you could have done that in the very beginning of the Day as we only have two (or three at most) Days left and there already is one Seer and a ranger + two innocents around (even if one of then is a lover). So much for the wolves to choose from anyhow. And Mac surely is the number one in their list (unless he's the wolf).

So this raised my suspicion of you to a red-alert state.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #363
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I think Six actually was probable due to meta, wasn't he? He wasn't around much sometimes. Though we said we are not getting meta to it... I don't see it fair, for any matter, though I must confess I sometimes took it also into account (Lommy, for example) - but only after other evidence...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #364
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
As an intelligent person you would have stated your information cleanly and nicely - basically you could have done that in the very beginning of the Day as we only have two (or three at most) Days left and there already is one Seer and a ranger + two innocents around (even if one of then is a lover). So much for the wolves to choose from anyhow. And Mac surely is the number one in their list (unless he's the wolf).
You mean the info about us winning? I said it in my first post today. Or what?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #365
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
In answer to Nogrod:

1. I did not support Glirdy, I practically sealed his fate, actually.
2. Roa and I planned the initial disagreement as a trap for the wolves - successfully.
3. Yes, I congratulated myself, in an attempt to throw the wolves off my trail.
4. I asked Roa to suspect me, because I was afraid I would be killed by wolves for looking too innocent.
5. Yes, I have RL reasons for not being around much- Tuesdays and Thursdays are very bad for me.

Anyway, I was all set to vote for Legate, but the no-kill thing throws me. I can't imagine why Legate would have missed the kill. There's nothing to analyze as far as Xxzzy's concerned, and Sixth has me completely baffled.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #366
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh my.

I read your post that you were saying you are a birthday dreamer and thence turned into a Seer. While my suggestions were that you were a) wolf b) an innocent, you say you are
Quote:
c) I am an innocent who, from this morning on, sees the lucky situation we are in, unless we lynch me, and do what I can to make our victory complete. Which, after I read Six's posts, probably means for me even revealing the remaining wolf, since I really think Six it is and no one else.
How else one should read that? And if you actually claimed to be a birthday dreamer, then I must say I don't believe you. You would have told that to us earlier, not only after you were in deep trouble...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #367
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
In answer to Nogrod
I'm pretty happy with this so donät waste your energy on defending yourself, please. One more mind to solve this knot would be useful.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #368
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Oh my.

I read your post that you were saying you are a birthday dreamer and thence turned into a Seer. While my suggestions were that you were a) wolf b) an innocent, you say you areHow else one should read that? And if you actually claimed to be a birthday dreamer, then I must say I don't believe you. You would have told that to us earlier, not only after you were in deep trouble...
Oh my!

No, there is no hidden meaning behind the words. Besides, I don't even precisely know what a birthday dreamer is. I am merely saying that this morning (=when I came to computer and read what happened), I counted (see my first post today, or I think it was first at least) that whatever we do, we have very slim chance of losing. After the revealing of Ranger, practically none.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #369
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Also. The fact that one was posting around the deadline is no proof of the one having missed the kill, althoug it speaks better of Legate as he was there before the deadline. The Sixth only posted 17 minutes after the deadline. But as I said, let's try to make this in-gamewise.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #370
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Well, if Six and Legate are improbable due to Meta (we have to do something to prevent this excess in future games...) and we all believe Rikae, then we probably should vote xyzzy?
I don't know. Maybe. Those meta-reasons aren't entirely convincing, though, and I have suspected Legate from the start. On the other hand, I hate the idea of Xyzzy flying under the radar, too.
Still, unless I'm mistaken, we've already won. Even if we're wrong, you have a chance to dream about one of the remaining two tonight, giving us 100% certainty tomorrow.

Last edited by Rikae; 04-12-2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: diction
Old 04-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #371
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, finally and simply.

The village wins, if not today then tomorrow, at least probably, if we don't make more mess than possible and there are fifty wolves and twenty lovers around. But anyway, I would really like to see us win even today, which I think is reached by lynching Six. Because I think Six it is. The choice is simple, I of course want to take part at the "victory feast" like a living, not like a dead, and it's not about anything more. Unless, as I said, someone makes more mess than merely lynching me. So please, with your clear conscience, vote Six, do me the favor.

++The Sixth Wizard
Old 04-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #372
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Even if we're wrong, you have a chance to dream about one of the remaining two tonight, giving us 100% certainty tomorrow.
You mean you didn't protect me last night?

Excellent!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #373
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Even if we're wrong, you have a chance to dream about one of the remaining two tonight, giving us 100% certainty tomorrow.
This is such a mad game!

You comfort and frighten me with your thoughts at the same time Rikae... But we should not discuss this any further in case Xyzzy or The Sixth indeed is our last wolf.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #374
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:

Excellent!
So you now know that you are winning anyway - you can dream of me, Mac, if you are not sure. C'mon, let's vote Six and end it!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #375
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Please, Mac...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #376
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

No "victory feast" for you, Legate.

++Legate

Whose leg did you eat, anyway?

And with that, farewell village! See you in the post-game celebration!

Write me a good death, Menel!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #377
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Mith -> Legate
Xyzzy -> Legate
Legate -> The Sixth (Legate2, The Sixth1)

So what say you?

Edit: X'd with Rikae, and most confused...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #378
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hey! You still might save me, if Six doesn't vote!

C'mon, Mac, Nog! Don't be silly! Or I am really gonna eat yer legs! (remember I am an Uruk after all!)
Old 04-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #379
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Legate

Let's hope for the best.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #380
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

What do you think Mac?

Should we speak openly or stay quiet with certain things?

EDIT: X'd with Mac
Old 04-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #381
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
What do you think Mac?

Should we speak openly or stay quiet with certain things?

EDIT: X'd with Mac
I'm pretty confused right now, so, no objection.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #382
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Edit: X'd with Rikae, and most confused...
Come to think of it, I suppose this doesn't make sense. If Legate's not the last wolf, the guy who is probably won't kill me after all, since I'm not proven innocent. He'll probably kill Nogrod. Mac'll pick the last ordo to dream of, and you'll lynch me tomorrow as a supposed fake ranger.
So we can still lose.
Mac, choose wisely!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #383
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

If Leggy's not a wolf, of course, which I'm betting he is.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #384
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Vote for me, you say? Curse you, Rikae, you little maggot, and even you, ever-clever-Mac-seer! If you think I'm so old that it's safe to flout me, you're mistaken. Come here, and I'll squeeze your eyes out, like I did to old Radbug.
Ah, the wise ones! Gifteds, eh? All the days here, they don't tell us all they know, do they? Not by half. But they can make mistakes, even the Top Ones can.
Something nearly slipped! Nearly, says you? I'll tell you what: if by some miracle there are four of them Howlers and two dirty lover-rebels, you're screwed, hear you?
That'd be the last from me. The Black Pits take every filthy rebel who voted for me! Now you must lynch the right one tomorrow, or I swear I'll rise from the grave and eat you. The village must get through to victory, or we'll all be for the Black Pits.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 PM   #385
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Rikae. Nice that you noticed we have all the dangers ahead...

But not counting the two of you (Rikae & Mac) and me the most involved person is now getting lynched. Were you the lovers you would love this... Just to mention it.

Okay. It's done already so let's nail the thing. I'll be in the gang too.

++ Legate

There are good reasons from toDay to see Legate as the most suspicious one. I could believe this.

Thumbs up... nothing else to do anyhow.

X'd with Legate
Old 04-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #386
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
As another day came to an end, the villagers gathered to do their grim duty.

"Foul breath, yellowish fangs, yes, this one's got to be a werewolf," Nogrod observed.

"You filthy little rat! I could have your head for this!" bellowed Legate of Amon Lanc. The uruk chieftan growled viciously and raised a nasty-looking knife. "I haven't had any man-flesh for quite a while and you're looking pretty tasty. Go ahead. Lynch me. See what I do."

The villagers tried to lead him to the gallows, but Legate resisted, flinging them off and shouting horrible curses at them. Eventually, the villagers managed to come at him with pitchforks and proved to much for the orc to handle. They stabbed him repeatedly until he was quite dead.

No transformation occurred, however. Legate of Amon Lanc was not a werewolf.

Alive:
Macalaure
Mithalwen
Nogrod
Rikae
The Sixth Wizard
xyzzy

Dead:
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Devoured by Wolves on Night 1
Glirdan (Werewolf): Stoned to death by Villagers on Day 1
the guy who be short (Cobbler): Became the guy who be hung by Villagers on Day 2
Brinniel (Ordinary Villager): Crushed under anvil by Wolves on Night 3
Gil-Galad (Ordinary Villager): Didn't need no stinkin' lynching, but got one from Villagers on Day 3
Thinlómien (Werewolf): Slain by Hunter on Night 4
Roa_Aoife (Hunter): Wounded and devoured by Wolves on Night 4
Legate of Amon Lanc (Ordinary Villager): Pitchforked by villagers on Day 4
Old 04-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #387
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'll just put my road cones back in the van...
Old 04-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #388
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*AHEM*

Please keep that to the admin thread.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #389
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

As the next day began, the villagers gathered expecting the worst.

However, as they looked around, they noticed something strange.

Everyone was still there. Nobody had died.

The villagers collectively breathed a sigh of relief, then set themselves to the task at hand.

Alive:
Macalaure
Mithalwen
Nogrod
Rikae
The Sixth Wizard
xyzzy

Dead:
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Devoured by Wolves on Night 1
Glirdan (Werewolf): Stoned to death by Villagers on Day 1
the guy who be short (Cobbler): Became the guy who be hung by Villagers on Day 2
Brinniel (Ordinary Villager): Crushed under anvil by Wolves on Night 3
Gil-Galad (Ordinary Villager): Didn't need no stinkin' lynching, but got one from Villagers on Day 3
Thinlómien (Werewolf): Slain by Hunter on Night 4
Roa_Aoife (Hunter): Wounded and devoured by Wolves on Night 4
Legate of Amon Lanc (Ordinary Villager): Pitchforked by villagers on Day 4

It is now Day 5.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #390
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Let the lupine blood of xyzzy wash our hands clean from the innocent blood of Legate and Gil-Galad!

++xyzzy
Old 04-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #391
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Hooray for Mac!

++Xyzzy

And I think I'd like to rub it in a little, my absent lupine friend.
If you didn't figure it out yet, I actually did protect Mac two nights ago.
Yep...you gambled WRONG!!!

Go gifteds, go gifteds, go gifteds GO!!!

*dances crazily*

This is...precioussss!

(forgive my gloating...)
Old 04-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #392
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Hmm, this is troubling. A plain innocent can't exactly do anything to prove his non-guilt...

I'd like to point out with the Meta issue, I only post on this thread, so looking at my posts to see when I was on won't really provide anything.

Since I'm pretty much stuck in a corner, I have to come up with some sort of defense, and it's a very strange one:

Any Wolf can claim to be the Seer, and he can hold out until the end if he sacrifices one of his teammates for the vote. Macalaure has not been an attempted kill by the Wolves except perhaps until last night, even though he's an obvious target if he's the Seer. The Wolves would have tried him the very night it was found he was the Seer if they wanted him dead, but they didn't!

++Macalaure
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #393
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Nogrod was the attempted kill last night, he's the one I protected.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #394
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

...Which only goes to prove what I said more. That would mean the Wolves NEVER targeted Mac!
Old 04-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #395
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Of course you didn't. You 'knew' I would be protecting him.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #396
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I would love to believe that we have won and the game is over.

But somehow I can't claim the victory yet. Something is too smooth and part of the puzzle look unclear. I really do hope I can trust you Mac and Rikae. I really do. But having seen quite elaborate schemes being played out, forgive me to reserve my judgement for a moment still and think about it.

If you're honest then three cheers for you, but only if you are...

I try to make sense of this to myself, sorry about that.

EDIT: X'd with a few last posts
Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #397
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Even more food for thought, I can see... Now I just need to sit down and think a moment. I'll be back soon...
Old 04-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #398
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Xyzzy, if Mac's not the seer, who is? You? Sixth?

Why didn't the real seer step forward and challange him?
Why would a wolf sacrifice his only pack-mate without need, reletively early in the game?
Why would he risk being revealed by the real seer?
So many questions....
Old 04-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #399
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
The thing I'm a bit concerned is not that Mac is the Seer, even though if The Sixth is the Seer, the situation changes drastically. As I think we should take the RL explanations for their face-value (other than that would be bad sportmanship from everyone included) we still have not heard from The Sixth as to what he thinks about Mac's revelation.

And the same goes to Rikae's rangerdom. We normal villagers do not know the roles that exist in this game. So do we have a seer or a ranger in the first place?

But the thing I'm most concerned about is the possibility of Mac (probably the Seer) and Rikae (possibilty of her being the Wolf exists) being a pair of lovers. That would make perfect sense as I look down their actions. Not to mention them both being nicely around to hammer the vote of toDay down as the first posts of toDay. It's so smooth and clear...

Menel had to bring down his aspirations to make some real surprises as there were not enough players to join the game, but could he have replaced the grander surprises with a possibility that the Seer is a lover as well?

After all these questions I will start waffling again and say that I think the highest probabilty is for Mac and Rikae to be true, but I will look at a few facets of the claims they've made before I will vote for anyone. And I also think you others who have not voted will abstain from voting before we have discussed a bit.

---------

The most importantly, The Sixth, come forwards! Do you have a special role or not? Your answer is of the utmost importance now!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #400
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

Quote:

Why didn't the real seer step forward and challange him?
Why would a wolf sacrifice his only pack-mate without need, reletively early in the game?
Why would he risk being revealed by the real seer?
So many questions....
I don't know; I'm a plain innocent.
Perhaps there is no seer?
There could be 4 wolves, if the innocents have more powerful folks. Or, if there's 3, being credited with a wolf's death is an excellent alibi.
Hmm, good question. Best guess is, there isn't a seer.

I've heard of games where the Wolves are aware that there is no seer, perhaps this is one of them?

Last edited by xyzzy; 04-13-2007 at 05:45 PM.