The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #361
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
She did indeed. (I've been following this, of course.) I didn't suspect her at all until she started claiming to be the Ranger.

And Mithalwen... you came this close to winning the game for our side!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #362
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ahh! *faints* Whee!

Thank you, you're welcome, that's the game!

Good game everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I didn't suspect her at all until she started claiming to be the Ranger.
For the record, I *did* send Mith's name in last night. I just retracted it later.
And yeah, it was crazy of me...I kind of had a better plan but as it was I ran to RL work without shoes or lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
However had I been more experienced in playing with you, maybe I would not have been unsure on what is or is not your playing style and may have voted for you on Day 1.
I'm not even sure I have a style anymore. This time, I tried playing with the mindset of an Innocent - I even dreamed that you were killing people. Yes. You, Legate, in cold blood and cruel glee crushed down Kath and Mith. But it wasn't in a Werewolf game. Shame, shame, shame. ;P

As a sort of peace offering, I would like to dedicate this song to every Seer wot was ever lynched. This would be

Evisse the Blue, lynched on Day One in Game III
Kitanna, lynched on Day Two in Game V
Volo,
lynched on Day Four in game XXXIII
Lhunardawen, lynched on Day One in Game XLVI

And to you who lynch the wrong people, for making Our job just a little easier...Thank You.

*salutes*

(apologies to Evanescence, and you)

Last edited by Oddwen; 05-14-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: appeasing Volo
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #363
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I'm listening to it right now, and I'm enjoying it.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:03 AM   #364
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
You can all blame me for our loss: I was the one to toss the coin...

I'm so proud of myself. I really caught Nogrod, and Gwath too and this is the first game ever I voted for no innocent! Wow! (Admittedly it helped that I died so early...)

Although, there are some things to be less proud of. I think I owe you banging my head against the wall, don't I? *bangs head against the wall* I was so confident that either Kath or Legate was a wolf, even though now that I think of it, it really didn't even fit nicely. Also, after Nog's lynch, I was 95% sure the remaining wolf was Sally - indeed, I even PMed to her saying "you nasty wolf, you killed me!"...

Anyway, it was a great game and everybody played well. Oddwen especially, I never suspected her seriously - only fleeting moments of slight suspicion, that's all. She truly deserved the victory.

Oddwen, it took me a while to realise that the song was not the original one. It's brilliant! It made me laugh so much.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 AM   #365
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Mith, I love you, it's as simple as that. I'm so glad I can still peg you as innocent when it comes down to it and that you trusted me enough to vote. I mean, I don't see this as a loss for the innocents really. We lost on chance. I'm calling it a tie and so should you!

I saw you post about me possibly being an evil Ducky though ... does this experience make you fear me any less?
I love you back.

While I am sure you would be insulted if I felt I could trust you completely, I did at least accept the inverse of my "acts like a wolf, sounds like a wolf, looks like a wolf - chances are it is a wolf theory" ie if Kath acts like an innocent and votes like an innocent ..there is a chance that she may be an innocent rather than playing her customary blinder as a wolf.

I just wish I had picked up on Oddwen quicker ... misled by that voting record too long alas.

I suppose like Butturbur I can see through a wall given long enough and I was lucky that EW was factored out.

Just so frustrating that a very considered decision had the same outcome as if I had just left it too fate....

I suppose the die was even at least - We got Nogrod not Nerwen so I felt that getting Oddie was less probable (clearly Gwath-Nogrod) doesn't quite count.

Oh many thanks to Menel for his choice of death. Day one posts are hard to judge so the chance to go on a Pythonesque flight of fancy was glorious.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #366
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ah, thanks Oddie, that makes me feel a wee bit better. I am in worthy company after all...

...but it doesn't make me feel good that Evisse, too, was lynched on Day 1, because that happened when the game was quite newly played THREE years ago!

EDIT: Goodness. Oddwen, you're a true genius. I've finally found the song that defines my life - er, death.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 05-14-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #367
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Notice also, that game III was also the other one in which I was a victorious wolf

Old 05-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #368
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
As a sort of peace offering, I would like to dedicate this song to every Seer wot was ever lynched. This would be

[CENTER]Evisse the Blue, lynched on Day One in Game III
Kitanna, lynched on Day Two in Game V
The Saucepan Man, lynched on Day Five in Game XXXIII
Lhunardawen, lynched on Day One in Game XLVI
What about me? :'( I was lynched for being too noisy in Rikae's game.

This was a pleasant game. I find it most unfortunate that I had no time to participate in it enough or even read what happened after I died. :/ That's what happens when one is unorganized.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #369
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Ah, apologies for that Volo - so...was SPM an actual Seer in that game? Or was that some other weird role name?

If there's anyone else I've missed, let me know.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #370
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Ah, apologies for that Volo - so...was SPM an actual Seer in that game? Or was that some other weird role name?

If there's anyone else I've missed, let me know.
SPaM was the nasty Cobbler (and I knew it!!), I was the Medium (Seer) and was lynched alongside Mac the Wolf (didn't know it!!). Grr!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #371
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, by the way, Lhuna, who DID you dream of? It was driving me nuts for a while there, even after we caught Gwath.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #372
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Um, I was NOT caught. My fellows sacrificed me to a higher cause, and without their two votes, I probably would have lasted forever. So don't get all high and mighty.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #373
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Um, I was NOT caught. My fellows sacrificed me to a higher cause, and without their two votes, I probably would have lasted forever. So don't get all high and mighty.

Well, I knew you were a wolf, so I use caught. Although your packmates DID sacrifice you, so I'll give it to you
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #374
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh, by the way, Lhuna, who DID you dream of? It was driving me nuts for a while there, even after we caught Gwath.
It was Agan.

But Gwath, I voted for you, and I was sure you're lycanthropic even after I died. So I still say I caught you.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 05-14-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #375
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Old 05-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #376
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lhuna was very gifted indeed really becasue she provided so much correct info from one dream ... ie me and Agan innocent and that Gwath was as furry as they come...

Old 05-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #377
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eek.

Congrats, wolves. You did good work, and especially it was a pleasure to meet Oddwen (awesome song, by the way).
But why did you choose the kills you did? Why me?

On the night I died there were two persons I was pretty sure were wolves - Nog and Gwath. So you can imagine how frustrating it felt to see myself dead in the morning...

Thanks for the game, everyone.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #378
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Hmmm...well Nogrod really wanted to kill you the first night, as you'd be "trusted" later on...I wanted to kill Legate the second night, but Nogrod overruled with Volo, 'cuz he'd be safer among more loud people...once I killed Noggie and was out from under the oppressive regime () I went for Lommy & Nerwen, the safe kills, because everyone else was attacking each other.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:27 AM   #379
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oddie -ROFL . Poor old Nogrod ....

Old 05-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #380
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Do you know I never did get an answer for this .. . EW, why on earth did you vote for me that last Day? Excuse the apparent randomness of suddenly asking but it just occurred to me.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #381
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I think it was because Oddwen criticized my last post. If you're thinking that that doesn't make sense, I would agree, because a wolf would be more likely to use a highly suspicious innocent as a scapegoat instead of trying to buddy up with said innocent when the game is down to the wire. I hope this makes some sense. Also, it seemed to me that there was a good chance that one of the other two players had been dreamt of by the seer.