The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2002, 04:04 PM   #41
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Malka, the answer to that and other questions can be found on the
Forum FAQ thread.

[ December 30, 2002: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 04:10 PM   #42
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks Malk, I'll stay away from the animated stuff [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2002, 05:22 PM   #43
Nurvilya

White-Hand

Hi, I'm new. I can't thikn of anything else to say, so I'll leave it at that.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:27 AM   #44
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Welcome, Nurvilya! If everyone who had nothing to say posted as briefly as you have, reading on the forum would be much more interesting! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Enjoy yourself here!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 05:55 AM   #45
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I welcome you all, mae govannen! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Enjoy your stay and remember to haunt the forum often! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Barodir - The animated is a must-see-film, who cares if it´s not good? It´s a classic! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I even have it on DVD......*laughs*
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 12:45 PM   #46
Nevolosse Maehayanda
Pile O'Bones

Nevolosse Maehayanda has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Nevolosse Maehayanda Send a message via AIM to Nevolosse Maehayanda
Tolkien

Hello. I'm new too...like the rest of the people here!

I'm a self-dubbed Tolkienite and have read the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th books in the History of Middle Earth...plus the obvious two in the Tolkin world. The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nev'
Old 12-31-2002, 02:03 PM   #47
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi Deathwail, Hideous Healer Nate Laurrodion, Barodir, Malkalhugwen, Orlando Bloom is HOT (Please see the links to my previous post to I Love Orli Bloom), Nurvilya, Nevolosse Maehaganda, and Morrigan McFarland. Welcome to the downs! Post well.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:15 PM   #48
**sparkle fairy**
Pile O'Bones

**sparkle fairy** has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hi i'm new as you probly realised.I am only 14 but very sociable. i haven't read the books yet but i do own them, but i love the films. so hello everyone [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2002, 05:07 PM   #49
Manquesseiel

Tolkien

I never really get the chance to go online cause i'm always at work but i'm kinda new round here too. Is anyone else here from Ireland or am i the only one? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2002, 05:19 PM   #50
LadyKateRidesAgain

Pipe

hi. wow. i feel like a dope. i'm new but haven't done anything yet.i feel so out of place. haha. but this site is so cool. good work!
Old 12-31-2002, 05:26 PM   #51
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't worry Lady Kate, I was slow to start doing anything until one day I plucked up my courage and joined an RPG [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

Welcome everyone else who has proclaimed themselves new since I last posted

And while I'm at it Happy new year (just 35 minutes to go!)
Old 12-31-2002, 06:13 PM   #52
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome! And get reading those books, **sparkle fairy**, and make it your New Years Resolution to finish them soon! Welcome to all you other recently deceased. Have fun at the Barrow-Downs. 4 hours and 45 minutes before New Years over here. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Aylwen
Old 12-31-2002, 08:09 PM   #53
Sindafalathiel
Haunting Spirit

Sindafalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sindafalathiel
Ring

Hello, I will refrain from saying the obvoius. I am a self-proclaimed obsessor, and am searching for everything Tolkien wrote. (I have the LotR trilogy and the Hobbit, but not anything else.)

[ December 31, 2002: Message edited by: Sindafalathiel ]
"My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles." ~The Evil Overlord List
Sindafalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:16 AM   #54
**sparkle fairy**
Pile O'Bones

Sting

then you'll need the simillarian
i will read the books eventually its just i have to read library books first cos they have to back at some point or other [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] so they r my priority.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:24 AM   #55
frorlind

Shield

Hello. I'm new here and I hope this sight is worth my time. Which it is.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:31 AM   #56
**sparkle fairy**
Pile O'Bones

Sting

howdi me new too how old r u? were you from i'm from england its raining here. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #57
Aelfwine
Pile O'Bones

Aelfwine has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Wow! Cool to see all the new members. Howdy everyone.

Just one point though. Here at the Barrow Downs we don't use chat spellings and run together sentences. We like to do things the way Tolkien did, using good writing and good English.

If you do this, more people will want to read your posts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Aelfwine

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: Aelfwine ]
Aelfwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 07:26 AM   #58
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Hey, yeah im new even though I wouldn't count myself as a newcomer or a novice to Tolkien or BD, ive been visiting BD 4 ages and ages but I neva thought to join this, so one fateful december 28th 2002 i joined and well I tought i would annonce my prescence. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] So I guess ill be tlkin to some of u soon, Well farewell.......
Old 01-02-2003, 12:32 PM   #59
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hi **sparkle fairy**, Manquesseiel, Lady Kate, Sindafalathiel, frorlind, and Arien. Welcome to the downs!

**sparkle fairy**: Read the books, they are good and will help you understand the movies.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:16 PM   #60
**sparkle fairy**
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I'm sorry for not using proper English Aelfwine. I do intend on reading the books soon, as i have nearly read all my library books.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:28 PM   #61
laziieye

I just found this site two days ago;looks really cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 02, 2003: Message edited by: Girithhen ]

[ January 02, 2003: Message edited by: Girithhen ]
Old 01-02-2003, 08:36 PM   #62
Stephanie

Pipe

Hi, I'm baggins. I just joined this site. How is everyone?
Old 01-02-2003, 10:06 PM   #63
Maiden of the Sky
Pile O'Bones

Maiden of the Sky has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hello all! I'm new here and this site is so cool! Read LOTR about 5 times and seen the movies too many times!
Can't wait to meet some new people!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Maiden of the Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 10:30 PM   #64
Aerlinn

Shield

Hi all =) I'm Aerlinn, obviously new.. as I wouldn't be here if I wasn't.. I'm new to this board, but not to message boards (I also post at the Musings of Viggo boards, if anyone else is familiar.. I'm Ani over there though) so.. yep =) I'm 17 years old, avid fan and fanfic writer (maybe not so avid, but I am currently working on one, so does that count? lol) I've read.. all of LOTR and almost all of the Silmarillion, and I'm madly in love with all of them.. hehe.

Hi!

-Aerlinn
Old 01-02-2003, 11:49 PM   #65
mainstream180

Pipe

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2003, 12:23 AM   #66
Nevvasaiel
Animated Skeleton

Nevvasaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey all!

I'm new here and i just thought i'd say hi.
I've read most of the books - my favorite is the Silmarillion - and i think this is a great site, there's so much info going around!!
Old 01-03-2003, 08:32 AM   #67
Precious

Tolkien

hullo! Im new (obviously! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) so thought I'd drop in here and introduce myself before wandering off to post in a bit. I've been a member in various other Tolkien related discussion forums before, but its great to finally find one that hasnt got masses of spammers/nonsense posters everywhere! So far, it looks pretty impressive, so I look forward to reading all your posts!

Namaarie!

[ January 03, 2003: Message edited by: Precious ]
Old 01-03-2003, 10:13 AM   #68
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

Hi everyone! Welcome! Make yourself at home! We here at the Barrow-Downs don't bite too hard, and always have plenty of Seedcake left! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2003, 10:23 AM   #69
Throrin

Sting

I'm new to this site, but have a very extensive knowledge of Tolkien's works...I've read everybook o' his 'cept the Language one. I've been on the channel in mIRC for a while and there I was told that there was a website and forum. So, I decided to see what it was all about and ended up joining. Throrin Greyhammer's me name, and if you cannot tell, I am a Dwarf. Though, I do believe that Elves are not horrible and do have some purpose in ME, but contrary to most people's belief, Dwarves are much, much, much better craftsmen and smiths than elves.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:21 PM   #70
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hi Girithhen, Baggins, Maiden of the Sky, Aerlinn, Ithryn Luin, Nevvasaiel, Precious, and Throrin! Welcome to the downs! Post well.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:57 PM   #71
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

LOTR_know-it-all55 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LOTR_know-it-all55
Shield

Hey everybody! I'm new here but definitely not new to Middle Earth! I love everything involving Lord of the Rings! Cya around the site!
Old 01-03-2003, 06:59 PM   #72
Jedana

Silmaril

/wave
Hiyas, new to the forum. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] There is a lot to catch up on! Better get to reading!
Old 01-03-2003, 07:30 PM   #73
Kirsanne_Tolebrass
Pile O'Bones

Kirsanne_Tolebrass has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kirsanne_Tolebrass
Silmaril

Hey all! I'm new on here! I hope to see y'all around the site and feel free to send me a P.M. whenever if I'm doing something wrong or ya wanna talk! See y'all around!
Old 01-04-2003, 01:45 AM   #74
pherostien
Animated Skeleton

pherostien has just left Hobbiton.
Hi. Not new. I just don't write much. Welcome newbies.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:54 AM   #75
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome, welcome, welcome....
All I can say is: This site rox, you´ll see for yourself! Have a good time here, post often and have fun meeting other crazy people besides me.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And here´s a pic I adore....

Welcome again!
Old 01-04-2003, 07:16 AM   #76
Lidija Kasik

Sting

Hi!
I've been here for a few months, so I'm pretty new. This name of mine is from the generator, before I found my real elven name, which is Calavanya. Does anyone know how I could change my user name? I enjoy this site very much, hope to post some of my artwork soon, for I draw and paint... a little. See ya!
Old 01-04-2003, 01:45 PM   #77
anduin angel 44
Pile O'Bones

anduin angel 44 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hey evry1 ! im new herre and i am not a lotr kno it all like some peeps but i like the book im reading and i like the movies so i figured this will help me understand evrything better! will evry1 who does understand evrything help me out a little, thnx!
Old 01-04-2003, 01:53 PM   #78
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hi LOTR_know-it-all55, Jedana, Kirsanne_Tolebrass, Alceldaiel, and anduin angel 44! Welcome to the downs, post well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2003, 02:10 PM   #79
Trahald

Ring

I'm very new to Barrow Downs. In fact this is my first post. I am sort of a refugee from another forum. *thanks my fellow newbie who suggested this place* and am impressed by the more "intelligent" discussions here.

I hope to make some friends here, and am looking forward to becoming more familiar with this board.

BTW.. Are there alot of folks from the U.K. in here? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Maybe I might run across a few old mates. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2003, 03:32 PM   #80
Sindae
Haunting Spirit

Sindae has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi
I'm Sindae. I LOVE this site, especially the name generator (that's where I got Sindae from...) and the location finder. I've read the LotR, the Hobbit and the history of middle-Earth volume 7 and I really like them.

~Aníron Aragorn...

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: Sindae ]