The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2020, 04:43 PM   #22
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I know Team Wolf have planned all along to release our night-chats; Boro, as Last Wolf Standing are you okay with your chat being published? I should be able to get stable versions of both up pretty quickly.~Huey
Please do! I only shared 2 of mine that were my favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Crossed with Boro ... me, seerish? Well, I guess getting killed as seerish is the best an ordo can hope for, but I reacted to Boro the way I did Day 1 because I was thinking vaguely " possible baddie, possible seer, just nudge him slightly and see how he reacts" Guess that kinda worked? :Not how I wanted!
Yep. When you said you planned a trap, I took your "I like lists" in your first post as a sign you were contradicting me without trying to draw too much attention. And that ended up with my scheming that was doomed from the start. I think it would have worked if it didn't actually end up protecting the real seer, but because of your suspicions of Brinn I chose to make it look like I was protecting her and Lommy.

After sally's lynch, I started stepping up the efforts to draw out the seer. Going after Lottie right at the start of the next day, but after Lottie's responses I backed off feeling pretty confident she wasn't the seer, but actually was the Innocent child.

Then when the QT voted Lhuna and after her lynching I thought I could try to look like the seer to draw the real one out. Lalaith picked up my slip at the end of the day. Which I guess hindsight any innocent could have done, but with her previous frustration with how openly people were discussing Kit's reveal, thought maybe that was a sign she was the seer.

Then with Pitch's reactions after Legate's death, and his reaction to the QT voting Rune the next day, we thought perhaps Pitch was the seer, who had not dreamed a wolf yet and he seemed frustrated/upset by people he dreamed innocent dying/being suspected. Funny the night we chose Pitch, THE Ka, Kath and I spent probably a combined 20 hours going through every post from every day and still didn't have any reason to believe the seer was Brinn at that time.

We caught Rune's "Telemus" clues, but found it hard to believe if he was the seer he surely would have dreamed of Eonwe by now.

Then after we killed Pitch, I don't know if I agree with Lommy saying I chickened out on just not going through with the "fake seer reveal" that I was setting up for. At that time THE Ka had said she was going to have trouble being around over the weekend and we didn't want her to obligated to survive, so let her relax with in the QT with her dead mates and G55. If I went through with a fake reveal, it would just leave Kath, and if I had not been dreamed yet, I surely was going to after all the "Yeah I'm not the seer, just tried to look like it."

So the plan then was it would be better not to fake a reveal, to try to kill the Seer (which I think was the night we decided on Shasta) for all of his "hot takes" being scary accurate. Then Brinn comes out and reveals she dreamed Kath and it was kind of all over. After that, I just said I wanted to have one shot at who the Innocent Child was (which I was pretty strongly convinced was Lottie, before she revealed).

And yes my early banter was a "let me try to find the cobbler" because my plan to start was to try to act like the cobbler and not have the village so easily willing to lynch me. And that had to be scrapped, but for being a 1 day cobbler, G55 caused quite a bit of distraction and destruction, particularly in the death of the ranger . That is a trade that wolf-me would make any day.

Quote:
Boro - words actually fail me. When did you turn into the phantom 2.0?~Pitch
Well when Huey posts our planning, that was never my intention from the outset! ha. I wanted to stay limited and argue with a few people as possible to not leave any trail, then eventually thought I'd be lynched in 2-3 days. Turned out had to try something else and I threw every trick I could think of to draw out the seer. Brinn did not budge. It was remarkable.