The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-22-2002, 06:23 PM   #1
Alex Chamois
Animated Skeleton

Alex Chamois has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe FOTR - Chanting Wizards

Hi, wondering if anyone can quote the exact words spoken by Gandalf and Saruman when they are chanting at each each other from Caradhras/Orthanc in Fellowship of the Ring? A friend and I are contemplating some interesting street theatre and would appreciate your help!<P>Thanks<P>Alex
Alex Chamois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 07:08 PM   #2
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
Sting

oh dear sounds scary
Old 12-22-2002, 07:11 PM   #3
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

If you have the DVD, I think you can just see what they say with the captions on. If not, I have no idea (although you could probably find a script online somewhere).
Old 12-22-2002, 07:48 PM   #4
Dorathain_Flamesword
Animated Skeleton

Location: U.S. Though Middle-Earth, Ireland or New Zealand would suit me. I am 50% Irish.
Dorathain_Flamesword has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey I got this scene for you, good luck!<P>Scene 3 of Book II: Braving Caradhras<BR> <BR> (The Fellowship is making it's way up the mountain when Frodo slips and falls. When he gets up, he realizes that he is no longer wearing the Ring. We see Boromir picking it up on it's chain)<BR> <BR>Aragorn: Boromir!<BR> <BR>Boromir: It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing...<BR> <BR>Aragorn: Boromir! Give the Ring to Frodo!<BR> <BR>Boromir: As you wish, I care not...<P>(At Orthanc, we see the crows flying into the underground caverns and 'reporting' to Saruman)<BR> <BR>Saruman: So, Gandalf, you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails, where then will you go? If the mountain defeats you, will you risk the more dangerous road?<P>(We hear his spells faintly through the howling wind)<BR> <BR>Legolas: There is a foul voice on the air...<BR> <BR>Gandalf: It's Saruman!<BR> <BR>Aragorn: He's trying to bring down the mountain.<BR>Gandalf, we must turn back<BR> <BR>Gandalf: No! (Gandalf tries a counter-spell, to quiet the mountain)<P>Losto Caradharas, sedho, hodo, nuitho I 'ruith!<BR>( Sleep Caradhras, be still, lie still, hold your wrath)<BR> <BR>Saruman: Cuiva nwalca Carnirassë!<BR>(Wake up cruel Redhorn!)<P>Nai yarvaxëa rasselya taltuva ñotto-carinnar!<BR>(May your blood-stained horn fall upon the enemy-heads)<P>(There is lightning, which causes an even larger avalanche to fall on the company, completely burying them. They dig themselves out)<BR> <BR>Boromir: We must get off the mountain, make for the Gap of Rohan, or take the West Road to my city...<BR> <BR>Aragorn: The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard!<BR> <BR>Gimli: If we cannot pass over the mountain, let us go under it.<BR>Let us go through the Mines of Moria.<BR> <BR>Saruman: Moria. You fear to go into those mines.<BR>The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep.<BR>You know what they awoke in the darkness<BR>of Khazad-Dûm. Shadow and Flame!<BR> <BR>Gandalf: Let the ringbearer decide. Frodo?<BR> <BR>Frodo: We will go through the mines...<BR> <BR>Gandalf: So be it...<p>[ December 23, 2002: Message edited by: Dorathain_Flamesword ]
Even as they spoke there came a blare of trumpets. Then there was a crash and a flash of flame and smoke. The waters of the Deeping-stream poured out hissing and foaming: they were choked no longer, a gaping hole was blasted in the wall. A host of dark shapes poured in. "Devilry of Saruman!" cried Aragorn. -Helm's Deep.
Dorathain_Flamesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:06 PM   #5
Alex Chamois
Animated Skeleton

Alex Chamois has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Thanks so much!!!
Alex Chamois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 05:43 AM   #6
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

oooooh! *shiver* That's so cool! As much as I love the whole chanting thing, especially the shot of Saruman on top of Orthanc, I have to say that giving Saruman that much power is just ridiculous. How is he so impotent (teehee!) against the Ents, when he can control the weather hundreds of miles away?? I can't see what was wrong with Tolkien's snow monster thing. As for Gandalf being afraid of Moria! I won't even go into that here...