The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #361
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
What would a wraith-Sally have to gain from just being looked upon as a a "lucky innocent", who just happened to be right about Lhuna? It isn't as much of a safeguard from lynching as the seer (and as Nogrod would be a proven seer in your scenario). Also it would lead her actions to be scrutinised much more by everyone else- look what happpens in the games where an innocent Shasta is right about the wolves.
If anyone wants to go back and read that post (#336) they will see that I'm looking at different scenarios and raising points against each one.

My next line was, "Not a plan I'd have cared to try myself".

Your quoting me out of context in order to criticise my "strange logic" does not make me think well of you, Eönwë.

Not at all well of you.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #362
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
If anyone wants to go back and read that post (#336) they will see that I'm looking at different scenarios and raising points against each one.

My next line was, "Not a plan I'd have cared to try myself".
Your quoting me out of context in order to criticise my "strange logic" does not make me think well of you, Eönwë.

Not at all well of you.

The "Not a plan I'd have cared to try myself", I took to mean that it would be hard to do, as opposed to anything else.

What I said is that it wouldn't be beneficial.

Just clarifying.

edit: fixed italic stuff

Last edited by Eönwë; 05-09-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #363
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
It was a thought process and I chose not to delete my ideas after I partially discarded them. . .There are things that does not add up in every scenario, so I keep on changing my mind.

Anyways I am not going to reply again, if this is the way you intend to debate.
Hey... I'm sorry if I offended you... but all you said was a a plain "yes"... so it seemed you were saying you still thought that likely. See?

EDIT: X'd with Steve.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #364
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
The "Not a plan I'd have cared to try myself", I took to mean that it would be hard to do, as opposed to anything else.

What I said is that it wouldn't be beneficial.

Just clarifying.
What's the difference? I was looking at the already-proposed wraith-on-wraith theory (I didn't come up with it) and explaining what I thought was wrong with it.

Considering that your out-of-context quoting leads up to your "crazy theory" that Nogrod and I are wolves together... I'm still not thinking well of you.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #365
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I read it again, but the more I read it, the more confusing it is- I'm coming up with even crazier scenarios in my head!

It just seems to me that Sally did not plan ahead enough. If she's a wraith, then what she did risks her life and will probably result in her lynching within the next few Days, lowering their numbers, and if she's an ordo, then with all the suspicion on her, she's just wasting one of our valuable lynches.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #366
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Hey... I'm sorry if I offended you... but all you said was a a plain "yes"... so it seemed you were saying you still thought that likely. See?

EDIT: X'd with Steve.
Not offended as such. . .just very confused and slightly annoyed.

Anyways I have to vote within 15 min, so I need to start forming some opinions and stop being confused.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #367
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
One thought before my list. So if we consider ours odds right now, there are 3 wraiths among 7 possible people to lynch (I'm not counting myself, Nerwen and Nogrod, since I'd be surprised if anyone voted for us). So that is almost a 50/50 chance of lynching a wraith. Pretty good I have to say.

So my thoughts on everyone, now this is looking back from pages 7-9, cause I don't want to read more then that right now, especially since I know I'm gonna vote Sally. I just want everyone to know my thoughts regarding everyone.

Nienna: Not too much, just pops in here and there...a possible baddie I suppose, but for some reason I can't see it...

Nogrod: seer

Shasta: Interesting, I'm enjoying his back and forth with Nerwen....I don't agree with him, but I can tell that he's just trying to consider all possibilities. So I don't really suspect him, I don't think....

Nerwen: innocent and ordinary, just like me

Rune: Seems just as confused as me. I don't know.

Lhuna: I still don't understand, now I'm seeing that yesterDay people were confused over why she hadn't been Night killed, I definitely missed something in here.

Sally: K, one thing I noticed in my re-reading, when Nogrod revealed my innocence she was all like "I'm of much the same opinion", are you claiming you "dreamt" me aswell?? Or you're just agreeing with him....I don't know. I really don't believe her, at all. So I'll be voting her, most probably.

Eönwë: Not liking, really more gut then anything....I'm actually really not trusting anyone.

Brinniel: Makes sense, I want to trust her, and because of that I feel like I shouldn't....I'm getting so paranoid. I honestly don't know about her...

Other thoughts.

Eonwe said this:
Quote:
Nogrod puts Wilwa in the "proven innocent" category to gain the support of a true innocent (or possibly even a gifted- they're all still alive I believe).
If I was a gifted then Nog would just say I was innocent, but since he said ord then that means he knows I'm not gifted. I think a wraith pretending to be a seer wouldn't say "this person is an ord", cause they risk the chance that that person is actually a gifted (and if a gifted is being called an ord then they know the seer reveal is faked), they would say "this person is innocent", cause anyone who isn't one of their mates is an innocent, so there's no chance of being wrong. Does that make sense?? Basically it's that logic that is leading me to trust Nog, even if it doesn't seem completely logical.

That's all for now...gonna go eat me some Greek pizza, then I'll be back.

X'posted with Eonwe and Rune.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #368
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
What's the difference? I was looking at the already-proposed wraith-on-wraith theory (I didn't come up with it) and explaining what I thought was wrong with it.

Considering that your out-of-context quoting leads up to your "crazy theory" that Nogrod and I are wolves together... I'm still not thinking well of you.
That was just what was building up in my head at the time- and not very plausible, as I said in my post. It wasn't meant to be connected.

Anyway, part of the point of WW is to come up with theories... I was just putting it out there.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #369
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Lhuna: I still don't understand, now I'm seeing that yesterDay people were confused over why she hadn't been Night killed, I definitely missed something in here.
Because she went after Legate so strongly. If it's not wolf-on-wolf, it would have made her look very Seerish to the baddies... so it's strange they didn't kill her. (But then, Nogrod is also still alive...)

Possibly, as I suggested, they were afraid she was really the Hunter, or else that she was Ranger-protected.

EDIT: X'd with Eönwë.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #370
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway. I have to go now, so–

++Sally.

Good night.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #371
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Oh, and don't lynch Lhuna toDay. Yes, wraith-on-wraith is a possibility– but it could just as easily be a plot to get an innocent killed.

Sally is a much better risk– plus, her death gives us more information than anyone else's.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #372
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
OK I chose to belive that the wraiths made a mistake and did not kill Nogrod 2 nights ago. . .Now if Sally turns out to be the Seer, then somebody has been acting very weird.

++Sally

Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #373
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Gah.

Of all the times that I will have practically no time to post... I'm really sorry. I have to make this short and sweet. Well, maybe not sweet.

Nice try, sally. That was a bold move, because you had to know that it'll be almost impossible to let this fly. But it was ingenious of you, really, to aim to take an innocent down with you, so you wraiths can stand a slightly better chance in the numbers game in the end.

My guess is that sally is a sort of sacrificial wraith thrown out to deflect attention from at least one of her last two fellow wraiths and give them a better chance of winning the game for their side. She could have been bold enough to include wraith-Brinn in her list of innocents, and wraith-Eonwe or wraith-Rune could be slipping under our radars while we argue. I do not know, and unfortunately I do not have the time to further explore possibilities toDay.

At least one thing we know for sure is that we've caught a wraith in sally.

++satansaloser2005
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #374
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
K, thanks Nerwen.

I'm just gonna vote now cause I'm not positive that I'll be back, but I'll try.

++Sally

X'posted with Nerwen, Rune and Lhuna
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #375
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal

You try to help your team out and look what they to do you....Typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
If Nogrod is the seer, then what sense does it make for the wraiths to leave him alive? Obviously it would be lovely for them to watch as we lynched our own seer, but still. . .

Of course Nogrod could be a wraith, with their relatively high numbers they could definitly afford to sacrifice one in order to draw out the seer. (but obviously then none of them would be the seer)

Then there is the chance of Sally being an ordo trying to draw attention away from the seer, but what kind of sense would that make?

What I am trying to say is this: the more I think about this situation the less sense it makes.
Rune darling, it's me. Do I ever make sense? (And I'm not saying I'm the seer impersonator, I'm just pointing out that I'm a bit far from typical. Kthnkx.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Sally is the type of person who would do exactly as she's doing now as a bored Ordo, attempting to protect the person she thought was the Seer. Nogrod, I think you're being overly paranoid.

In any case, whether or not Sally is lying, Lhuna is a wolf. It's clear we need to lynch her today.

Given that I'm just now getting back into the swing of things, can anyone tell me exactly what time the deadline is (aka: how many hours I have to vote?)
Well at least someone sees reason. Whether I'm an innocent or the real seer it's silly to be persecuted like this.
++Shasta for representative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Sally are you the seer? If so why would you reveal if Nog was doing so well by himself?
Why let Nog go down for no reason? Besides, I was rather afraid (as I said earlier) that if I didn't say anything very soon no one would believe me. Too late, obviously.

Quote:
One more thing....I don't quite understand why everyone seems to be assuming Lhuna is guilty. Did I miss something??
Because I said so. If they don't believe me then they have no way to know this information.

Quote:
Although I will confess I'm a little irritated that, given a chance to post, Sally said nothing about her reasoning. Here I am being accused of sticking my neck out for her; the least she could have done is be a little more forthright.
Sorry, love. I was absolutely exhausted when I got home and I'd made a list of posts to reply to and just didn't feel like getting around to them, so I kept it short and sweet so I could get to bed.

Quote:

Sally: K, one thing I noticed in my re-reading, when Nogrod revealed my innocence she was all like "I'm of much the same opinion", are you claiming you "dreamt" me aswell?? Or you're just agreeing with him....I don't know. I really don't believe her, at all. So I'll be voting her, most probably.

Brinniel: Makes sense, I want to trust her, and because of that I feel like I shouldn't....I'm getting so paranoid. I honestly don't know about her...
In response to both your post and your question. There's a reason Lhuna hasn't been Night killed, I didn't dream of you just my opinion, and do trust Brinn, because she's innocent. Enjoy.

Currently I think I have....five votes? That means there's at least the chance to make this a tie and leave it to chance. Vote Lhuna and I assure you we will kill a baddie.

++Lhuna

ETA: I thought I had more posts quoted to respond to, so I know something's missing. If you asked me a question and I didn't answer it pose it again and I'll be sure to respond. Epic reply fail on my part, sorry.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #376
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well this looks like being quite a game indeed!

I do approve different theories - and think that I have entertained a few versions myself as well. But I do not approve of clinging into illogical ones with all you can come up with. When someone defends his theory with someone sending PM's to wrong people it looks more like the end-result of the theory is more important than the evidence and the actual believability of it.

Yes Sally acts pretty weird whether as a wraith or as an innocent. But for innocent she acts even more weirder.

But I could see Legate's signature behind all this indeed. He had one Night to plot with the other wolves before his last Day broke and he might have suggested that if he is taken the others should leave me alive for one or two Nights so that you others would start mistrusting me and would eventually lynch me (and if we'd use all our Daily time into discussing my role the other wolves could hide more easily in the shadows).

Now this - even if it's a bit clumsy - could actually speak for that kind of an interpretation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally in #340
Oh, and to add. I honestly believe that Nog has nothing but good intentions for the village, so if you believe me trust him. Well, at least trust that he's innocent.
I mean if and when we lynch her and find out she's a ringwraith that might just be thought of adding some pressure on my status.

That's at least the best explanation I could come up with at the moment. And that being the case I do agree with Rune that it has been an epic failure.

Also I think Nerwen might be up to something by suggesting that Sally decided to act on an instinct in the morning without thinking it more closely where it would lead her. For otherwise her action sure looks odd. Or did she actually believe I would take the bait?

Anyway. Some thougths on other issues than Sally to follow.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #377
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay and Shasta then.

First he says:
Quote:
In any case, whether or not Sally is lying, Lhuna is a wolf. It's clear we need to lynch her today.
Now this already raises some eyebrows. How comes he think that even if Sally is lying Lhuna must be a baddie? And that is quite an unconditional way of putting it: "whether or not, Lhuna is a wolf".

Then he elaborates it a bit:
Quote:
there is no reason for Sally to make such a claim without some sort of knowledge.
But on the next one he undermines his earlier suggestion about special knowledge by defending Sally as an ordo:
Quote:
I'm supporting her because I think there's a chance she could be an ordo attempting to divert attention from the real Seer
A bit later he still "knows" there is a reason behind Sally's actions but by this time it's only "not necessarily evil":
Quote:
I already said I don't claim to know the reason behind Sally's actions. All I'm saying is that there is one, and it's not necessarily evil.
Ending up with this:
Quote:
Perhaps Sally is a secret role. Perhaps Sally's attempting to be helpful. Perhaps Lhuna-wraith mis-sent a PM.
Okay. I'm a bit confused about Shasta. At times, especially early into the Day he looked soo evil. Really urging us to lynch Lhuna and looking confident about it & assuring us that Sally must be having good intentions. The growing frustration on his part makes me wonder though. But then again, if he's an innocent why would he stick so forcefully to his alternative which makes no sense? It looks like all that matters is that we lynch Lhuna and save Sally and everytime people point to him a flaw in his reasoning he tries to come up with a new, a bit diluted one... *Baffled*

Hah, no explanation I can come by actually makes sense in this game either... But I still think we have actually about believable theories in contrast to absurd or highly impossible ones.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #378
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but it strikes me that #341 (while sounding quite reasonable) is consistent with what Brinn would do if the remaining wraiths were herself and Shasta:

1. Throw Sally under the bus.

2. Try to save Shasta.

3. Try to make the village focus again on Lhuna as a lynch-candidate.
1. Yeah, that's something I would do. But seeing how Sally's behaving, who wouldn't?

2. Do you really think I'd be that obvious?

3. Where did I ever try to make the village focus on Lhuna as a candidate? If anything, I was leaning further away from her and more towards Sally.

I must say Nerwen, you're behaviour is very suspicious. Bandwagoning with Noggie, faulty reasoning, aggression, and a hint of overconfidence in your posts. If Nogrod hadn't cleared you, I'd be thinking you were a wolf. Actually, your behaviour is so strange, it almost makes me want to question Nogrod. Good grief, I'm confused enough as it is, and all this weird behaviour from multiple people is just making paranoid..

We've heard from Lhuna now, though I'm still not quite satisfied. I'm not sure what exactly I expected from her, but her response seems pretty typical and tells me nothing. I guess I just hate voting someone before they have a chance to respond to an accusation, but at this point I don't think I'd vote her anyway.

Sally just looks more wolfish with every post. Honestly, I'd be surprised if it turns out she was telling the truth. It still seems odd that Sally would want to sacrifice herself like this (since she surely predicted that she'd eventually get lynched for such actions). She and Lhuna could be wolves together, but that'd mean placing two more wolves into the spotlight after already losing one. If that's so, they must be pretty confident in their final wolf (which would mean looking at someone who hasn't received much attention yet). Anyway, if Sally is a wolf, we ought to be careful who we suspect next. A wolf in her position would most likely take advantage of this time to frame some innocents or perhaps make a double bluff. Sally's a bit of a loose cannon regardless of her role, so there's no predicting exactly what she might do.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #379
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lhuna is making my head ache.

It all started in practise when she was alive on Day2. Knowing that Legate was a wolf it really baffled me to see her around safe and sound. Yes, her death - whether she turned out to be the seer or not - would point towards Legate but the wraiths should have taken that risk as a living seer is the most dangerous person there is.

... just a minute...

Were Legate and Lhuna thinking of this two Nights ago? That would be a nice one indeed: If one wished to argue against Lhuna as a fellow wolf (because they couldn't afford leaving a possible seer alive she must be their mate) then one should eye my continuing presence as a similar case (well a stronger case even as I'm not a possible seer to them but in fact a self-confessed and wraith delivering one eg. my continuing existence among the living proves I'm a baddie myself)?

Okay. That would make some sense indeed. Even if it looks quite a daring tactics.

But why then Sally went berserk this Morning instead of starting to suspect me on these grounds?

Back to Lhuna then.

Now the fact than Sally chose her as the target whom she claimed to know is a wolf is interesting. In her last post (which looks a lot like a baddie saying bye-bye to the game -post with the last nudges) Sally says:
Quote:
There's a reason Lhuna hasn't been Night killed
Vote Lhuna and I assure you we will kill a baddie.
Looking very much like trying to make us not to lynch Lhuna. Sadly these farewell posts by baddies are always readable in too many different ways.

But anyway, choosing Lhuna (continuing to assume Sally's lupinity) might point either way. Either Sally was trying to fool us into lynching an inncent and giving us really tough time with numbers toMorrow - and risking all into my possible taking of her bait (which sounds foolish indeed). Or then she must have been trying to get either of them lynched and with a baddie revealed the other might look good enough so that you'd trust her a bit more and I wouldn't "waste" a dream on her - which might be crucial with numbers dwindling down.

Okay, the latter sounds the more likely but I'm not sure I'm ready to buy it as such. At least yet.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #380
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Nice to see someone else around! It has been a bit lonely out here lately...

Well Brinn, what would you say if I dream of you on the Night to come? (taken out of the context this would sound a bit... )
Old 05-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #381
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Getting this out of the way then while no one else seems to bother playing...

++ Sally
Old 05-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #382
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quadruple posting...

If I've counted it right the ranger should be able to cover me this Night so I'll have one more dream.

Any ideas and / or grounds as to whom it should be?

If I have time tomorrow I may check the few votings & the Eomer-wagon & stuff like that before making the decision. But at this moment I'd say it would be either Lhuna or Shasta, or then actually Brinn (if she's a wolf she's really hard to catch as she's so reasonable and if she's a known innocent she would really be an asset).

Do you feel good or bad about the choices? Should I really consider someone else, someone who would be hard to spot later fex.?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #383
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Well Brinn, what would you say if I dream of you on the Night to come?
I'd say if you want to dream of me, go for it since I have nothing to hide.

While it can be much simpler to dream of a wolf instead, having another known innocent to trust can be just as helpful as I learned back when I was a seer and able to find wolves via process of elimination. If you're that worried about me, I'd much rather have you dream of me so that you know you can trust me rather than waste any time suspecting me come toMorrow.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #384
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

First of all:

++Sally

As much as I'd like things not to be so simple (blindly following the seer), it has to be done.

Now, with our last minutes toDay I think that instead of dwelling on toDay we should start thinking about we're going to do toMorrow.

edit: x-ed with Brinn
Old 05-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #385
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I thought it was too late in the Day to try and do any listings or analysis so while waiting for someone to pop up I counted the good news for the end of the Day.

If and when we bag a wolf toDay it will be 7-2. (It looks highly likely as to top the other things Sally's last post looks so much a baddie's resignation post)

If the wolves play it safe during the Night and kill an innocent it will be 6-2 toMorrow.

But then there will be either four known innocents against four unknowns (two wolves there) eg. fifty-fifty chances - or then three known innocents, one known wolf and four unknowns (of whom one is a wolf).

If the wolves try me and fail we'll have 7-2 toMorrow. And we have either four known innocents or three + one wolf.

Not too bad I'd say.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #386
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
As much as I'd like things not to be so simple (blindly following the seer), it has to be done.
You shouldn't follow blindly a seer on a matter where he has no dream to back his opinion! With those people seers are just as susceptible to error as anyone.

Quote:
Now, I think with our last minutes toDay I think that instead of dwelling on toDay we should start thinking about we're going to do toMorrow.
Exactly. We would have had ample time to do it but it's getting a bit late right now...

But let us hear you thoughts.

And everyones.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #387
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oooo, this is working out even better than I planned. Well, sort of....

To my packmates: Stage One is complete. Stage Two and beyond is up to you. You know who to kill and who to save for later, so keep to our plan and all will work out. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, but as discussed this was hopefully for the best. Best of luck to you and the village, and may the best side win.

*cackles maniacally and rides off into the sunset*

Oh, and kudos to Nienna for knowing me better than the rest of you. Job well done, darling. I'll ship you some cookies. (Though I wouldn't eat them if I were you.)

To Shasta. Thanks so much for trying to stick up for me, but you know my heart will always belong to my darling Nilp. Besides, I'm too evil for you.

To Lhuna and Brinn. Quoth Mrs. Lovett, "Die! Die! God in Heaven, die!"

To Nog. The same, only with a giggle on the end. I loved flustering you, dear one.

And now, I die. Enjoy being pillaged, village!

~~Sally the Insufferable~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #388
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Narya End of Day4

Stop posting, dear guinea pigs.

You lynched Sally and she was a ringwraith.

Night5 has now begun and you know what to do.

The narration will be posted sometime in the future...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #389
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
While it can be much simpler to dream of a wolf instead, having another known innocent to trust can be just as helpful as I learned back when I was a seer and able to find wolves via process of elimination.
Right. In some ways four known innocents looks very good against four unknowns (two wolves included). But then again, being able to reduce the wolves into one would be great indeed even if toMorrow would be even more quiet a Day... The chances would just be great in that case.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #390
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night5 falls

”Okay, ladies and gentlemen, this is what we do today...” started Cap Nogrod in a manner that had become habitual.
”Excuse me, Cap Nog, I'll take it from here,” Lady Sally said, smiling sweetly. ”Thanks for covering me but I'm ready to stand up for myself now.”
”What? Nonsense! You're a ringwraith!” Nogrod insisted.
”Yes, she is!” echoed many.
”No, she isn't necessarily,” said some.
”Lhuna is one,” Sally suggested.
”Yes, she is!” echoed many.
”No, she necessarily isn't,” said some.

”This is leading nowhere,” Shasta protested.
”And this doesn't make any sense,” said Eönwë.
”And Sally's nuts,” commented Nerwen.
”Everything's nuts,” corrected Nienna.
"I say we just throw Sally off a cliff and be done with it," said Wilwa.

Others agreed and they took Sally, dragged her out and took her to the rocky shores of the Isle of the Dead. She did not fight, just smiled as the stromy wind played with her hair and cloak. Then she started laughing.

"She's mad," Rune exclaimed in disgust.
"Yeah, let's just throw her off the cliff," said Brinn.
"Byebye," said Lhuna and the three of them advanced on her. She flashed a grin and jumped.

"Bye!" she cried. And then the cry transformed into a wild, ear-piercing howl. They saw Sally's body go down. They waited a few minutes. Her clothes appeared on the surface, but there was no sign of the body.

"She's a mermaid," Nogrod said rolling his eyes.
"Or something else," commented Shasta.

There was a cold wind on them, and it was exactly the same kind of cold wind that had followed ringwraith Legate's passing,

~*~

Dead
Lommy (mod) - Lady Lómiel Starbrow, the hostess – killed on Night1
Isabellkya (ordo) - lynched on Day1
Kath (ordo) - killed on Night2
Eomer of the Rohirrim (ordo) - lynched on Day2
Kent2010 (ordo) - Black Númenórean scam artist - killed on Night3
Legate of Amon Lanc (ringwraith) - rebelling Haradian King - lynched on Day3
Groin Redbeard (ordo) - Variag Warlord of Khand - modfired on Day3
Nilpaurion Felagund (ordo) - fussy courtier - killed on Night4
satansaloser2005 (ringwraith) – lynched on Day4

Alive
Nienna - pirate
Nogrod - Corsair Captain "The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin"
Shastanis Althreduin - King of the Sea
wilwarin538 - sorceress
Nerwen - Queen of the Sea
Rune Son of Bjarne - Tivo the Sorceror
Lhunardawen - rebelling Haradian Queen
Eönwë
Brinniel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day5 dawns

This night there were only two of them in the salon.
"So, it has come down to just you and me," the taller one of them smiled.
"Yes, our numbers are going down fast," the other replied, looking rather grim.
"You gone by next nightfall?" the other asked cheerfully.
"Oh shut up..."

They sat there in silence, surrounded by uncomfortability.

They both felt it. They were being watched. There did not seem to be enough space for their one thoughts in their heads, daylight made things fuzzy and they could sense odd things in the dark.

"We cannot disappoint him," the shorter of the two said after a while.
"No we can't," agreed the other.
"We have to kill someone toNight yet again."
"Yes, we have to. Any preferences?"
"Yes..."

~*~

They strode along the corridors, swords unsheathed, making hardly any noise. They stopped a bit before the door of the guest they had chosen. "You go first," said the tall wraith. The other wraith nodded and took a step towards the door.

"No one goes anywhere," snarled a voice from the shadows. The two wraiths could see a figure stepping to the moonlight. She was clad in a cloak like them and holding a huge sword that was shining dangerously. The wraiths eyed each other.

"You aren't going to stop us..." they hissed.

The stranger laughed and her laugh echoed in the hallway. "My sword will stop you. You are not match for me." She swung her sword dangerously and they could see she was a magnificient swordsman. With hisses and curses, they retreated back to the shadows.

~*~

In the morning, the guests woke up, walked downstairs and met each other downstairs. No one was missing. They only started to wonder when there was no breakfast to be served. They ventured into the kitchen and were faced by a horrible sight. The body of the housekeeper lay on the floor, hacked into pieces as if in a terrible blast of frustration.

~*~

Dead
Lommy (mod) - Lady Lómiel Starbrow, the hostess – killed on Night1
Isabellkya (ordo) - lynched on Day1
Kath (ordo) – killed on Night2
Eomer of the Rohirrim (ordo) - lynched on Day2
Kent2010 (ordo) - Black Númenórean scam artist - killed on Night3
Legate of Amon Lanc (ringwraith) - rebelling Haradian King - lynched on Day3
Groin Redbeard (ordo) - Variag Warlord of Khand - modfired on Day3
Nilpaurion Felagund (ordo) - fussy courtier - killed on Night4
satansaloser2005 (ringwraith) – lynched on Day4

Alive
Nienna - pirate
Nogrod - Corsair Captain "The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin"
Shastanis Althreduin - King of the Sea
wilwarin538 - sorceress
Nerwen - Queen of the Sea
Rune Son of Bjarne - Tivo the Sorceror
Lhunardawen - rebelling Haradian Queen
Eönwë
Brinniel

Everybody, you may discuss. Hunter, you can change your pick whenever you feel like it.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-10-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #391
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I hope Nogrod dreamt me. Otherwise I was probably better off not being active and getting modkilled.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #392
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry this took longer I expected but my modem just broke down and I had to wander here to my neighbourhood pub to make a post or two before going to sleep.

First things first.

Brinn is an ordo.

Secondly: well done ranger.

We are now 7-2 with four known innocents. Not bad at all, especially when we are probably going to see some real voting once more in the Days to come (the last two Days have given us a great result but has left a little to read afterwards as everyone has agreed).

Thridly: sorry Shasta but I thought one from the pair Brinn / Lhuna was more important to find out. You have to show us your qualities by yourself now as I'm not probably around to dream of anything toMorrow.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #393
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Otherwise I was probably better off not being active and getting modkilled.
That depends on you Shasta. You must admit that your "crusade" yesterDay looked a lot like you were trying to save Sally and to get Lhuna lynched instead with reasons you never quite managed to spell out. But as it later seemed to turn out, that there were none, your earlier assuredness looks pretty bad indeed.

But there are other candidates as well - and we should discuss all the five with equal rigor if possible.

Lhuna being one of the most urgent.

Has anyone noticed this from Day1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna on #62
It's so late her that it's early, so I'll vote in a bit. Shasta or Legate or sally? Hmm.
Now considering that the line of suspects contains two dead ringwraiths and one of the most suspicious ones for toDay one might ask the question whether it's just a coincidence.

Now either Lhuna is a wolf and played something very brave, fun and dangerous or then the baddies actually thought that a) she is not the seer (her suspicion of Legate was just good luck as the other(s), and b) if she is a hunter she'd be too dangerous to kill. So that would explain her continued living. But were she a wolf she would be alive as well.

And anyway, she got two right from three on Day1, just like that!!! And possibly she got them all right? Either way it's just fantastic. Maybe too fantastic (see guys, no "ph" this time just to avoid the philological discussion ).

Of the others we should look more closely toDay I'd say Rune and Eönwë share some nice grumpiness that I'd like to see as backing their innocence. But then again one could also interpret that as careful sowing of disbelief and looking if it would take root without looking too much like pushing it - which would be wise for a wolf.

Nienna is the one flying totally under my radar at this point. The only thing I can come up with her right now (without reading back that is) is that she looked overly careful in the beginning (like avoiding the end of the Day discussion to be safe) but after I remarked on it she was there to the end the next Day. Which an innocent could do as well to be sure.

Okay two of these five are ringwraiths, we just need to figure out which two.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #394
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, the main reason I was campaigning on that particular platform yesterday was because everyone else dismissed it out of hand, you know.

Seriously, though, no matter what I say, I hardly think it will be listened to. After not being here for the first three days and then my abysmal performance yesterday, I feel like I deserve to be lynched.

At least if you do, you'll still have one day to find the other two ringwraiths, and you won't be wasting any more time on me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #395
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Good job Ranger!! Yay!

Ok, so Sally's last post is kinda odd:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

To my packmates: Stage One is complete. Stage Two and beyond is up to you. You know who to kill and who to save for later, so keep to our plan and all will work out. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, but as discussed this was hopefully for the best. Best of luck to you and the village, and may the best side win.

*cackles maniacally and rides off into the sunset*

Oh, and kudos to Nienna for knowing me better than the rest of you. Job well done, darling. I'll ship you some cookies. (Though I wouldn't eat them if I were you.)

To Shasta. Thanks so much for trying to stick up for me, but you know my heart will always belong to my darling Nilp. Besides, I'm too evil for you.

To Lhuna and Brinn. Quoth Mrs. Lovett, "Die! Die! God in Heaven, die!"

To Nog. The same, only with a giggle on the end. I loved flustering you, dear one.

And now, I die. Enjoy being pillaged, village!

~~Sally the Insufferable~~

Now, my theory may be a little far fetched, especially cause I know Sally must be smarter then this, but just bare with me for a minute. So a list of everyone left:

Nienna
Nogrod
Shasta
Wilwa
Nerwen
Rune
Lhuna
Eönwë
Brinniel

Now cross off everyone mentioned in Sally's post, and you get:

Wilwa
Nerwen
Rune
Eönwë

Now cross off the two known innocents, and you get:

Rune
Eonwe

And there are 2 wraiths left......so, uhm. ya. Interesting isn't it?

All I have for now, I know it seems weird, and it could all be part of their plan....but still, the way it adds up, it seems possible.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #396
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Yeah, I think your theory is a bit weak Wilwa. . . It would be very unlike Wraith-Sally to totaly avoid talking about her wraith-mates. Obviously one of the reasons I am so convinced about this, is because I know that i am innocent.

Also Nogrod's theory on Lhuna's day 1 comment seems a bit far fetched, I don't see what she would gain by mentioning all her wraith-mates in a single post. Surely it would make more sense to either not mention them at all or to mix innocents with mates.

I will probably focus on Nienna and Eönwë during this day. . .but, I need some sleep now.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #397
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

I know it is Rune, but still, I find it odd that she mentioned specific people like that.

Although, perhaps she knew someone would deduce that so she did mention one/more of her pals in that post. Which means either Lhuna, Shasta or Nienna could be wraiths, though atleast one probably is anyway. But why would she wish Lhuna dead if she was a wraith?? Unless she's trying to confuse us....and it worked...

OK, I have to stop......breathe.

So our possible wraiths then: Eonwe, Shasta, Nienna, Rune and Lhuna.

I'm gonna take a bit to read back at what these ones said, mainly yesterDay and the Day before, and then I'll also go back to see Sally's too...and maybe Legate's if I have time.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #398
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I'm sorry, there will still be rather minimal participation from me toDay.

So possible wraiths include Nienna, Shasta, Rune, Eonwe, and for the sake of argument, Lhuna.

First off, I'll try to answer some of the suspicions directed at me. Nogrod, if I were a wraith I won't be so bold or careless as to heavily suspect a fellow wraith, much less two, on Day 1 and risk them getting lynched so early. You know me, I'm hopeless as a baddie and I can't work alone. Maybe they did fear then that I could be the Hunter - which I'm not - but if that saved my life then thanks for their mistake. And I'm as surprised as, if not more than, all of you that I got the two of them first Day. I just really found them both suspicious. (Whoa, this has got to be a first. Sorry, just had to gloat at myself there for a while. )

But maybe I was wrong about Shasta - at least right now I'm leaning towards that. Somehow I really have a feeling that the last two wraiths are relatively unsuspected ones, which was why sally was bold enough to try yesterDay's ruse. Personally, the three remaining unknowns are all slipping under my radar. So for me it's two of the three of them.

I wish I had time to go through each of their posts. (Darn med school.) But right now all I can say is that from what little I can guess of sally and based on her last post, Nienna isn't looking too good.

I hope to be back earlier than I expect so that I'll have time to look around.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #399
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

One last thing before I leave:

I am the Ranger. So please don't lynch me.

It probably seems rash but look at it this way: Now we only have four unknowns.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #400
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Ok (done fairly quickly, sorry if anything here isn't accurate):

Eonwe: Did that odd list on Day 2 I believe, at the time was not suspicious of Sally or Legate. Followed Legate (and Rune) with the Izzy vote. Voted Eomer last minute on Day 2, caused a tie. Also considered the possiblity that Sally was innocent, or that Nogrod was guilty. Voted Sally. I'm fairly suspicious of him.

Rune: Voted same as Legate Day 1 (for Izzy). Very sure of Lhuna's innocence on Day 2, and Eonwe's guilt. Voted Eonwe. Had mixed feelings of Legate and Sally at the end of the Day 2. Had that idea of Lommy giving roles to people she was closer too. Voted Legate. And Sally next Day. I'm very unsure of him.

Lhuna: Voted Legate Day 1, when there was still many votes to come. No vote Day 2. Voted Legate when it was expected. And Sally. I'm definitely leaning towards innocent, mainly cause of the Legate vote Day 1 and cause Sally was trying so hard to get her killed.

Nienna: On Day 1 voted for Sally when there were still tons of votes to be had, could have been a risky wraith-on-wraith vote. The next Day in a list Sally was the only one she saw as being completely Evil, was good with Legate. Voted Sally again that day, putting her tied with Eomer, again when there were many votes to be had. Voted Legate Day 3, but that was expected. Voted Sally yesterDay, also expected. Because of how strong she was against Sally I'm leaning innocent, but she's very under the radar so that makes me unsure.

Shasta: Hadn't posted too too much, until yesterDay he did more, was trying to say that Sally could be an ord trying to protect the seer, kinda understandable I suppose. Was quick to jump on Lhuna being guilty. Said this toDay:

Quote:
I hope Nogrod dreamt me. Otherwise I was probably better off not being active and getting modkilled.
If he was guilty and Nog revealed that, there would be no reason for him to post, thus being just as useful as if he was modkilled. If he was innocent and Nog revealed that then he could give his oppinion and be far more useful then being modkilled. Therefore, he was only better off being modkilled if he`s guilty. Right? So....I'm leaning guilty.

Ok, so I'm thinking that atleast one of the two baddies was mentioned in Sally's last post, cause that's seeming more logical to me now (more I think about it more my theory from earlier makes no sense). I doubt she'd have mentioned both, and I doubt she'd have left both out. So that means one of Lhuna, Shasta and Nienna are evil, and one of Rune and Eonwe are evil. My personal opinion is thinking Shasta and Eonwe.

So....I'm off to bed, I should be on quite a bit tomorrow, especially the last 4ish hours of the Day.

X'posted with Lhuna....well I believe her, I was actually thinking she was the Ranger anyway, so this doesn't really come as a surprise to me.