The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Werewolf LXXXIII: The Nightmare on the East Road

For all the roles see here.

I just realized I've not stated the winning conditions for all parties, so I will do so here and then add it on to the first post in the Admin Thread.

Wolves: if the Barrow-wight is still alive, the wolves win if the number of innocents is 1 less than their own. If the Barrow-wight is gone, the wolves win if the number of innocents is equal (or less) than their own.

The innocents win if they eliminate all evils from their town (wolves and Barrow-wight) - this includes Tom Bombadil.

The Barrow-wight wants everyone dead and wins if its the last thing standing.
_________

Put a ++ in front of the person you're voting for and bold it...

++Boro

DL is 6pm EST (11pm GMT). All votes with the time of :00 will be counted, anything :01 or later not.

There are no double-lynches all ties will be determined by a coinflip. If it's a 3-way or more tie, I pull a name from a hat.

There are no clues to anyone's roles in the narrations.

The narrations will make it clear on what events took place during the night.
_________

Fea (honorary co-mod)

PLAYER-LIST
Agan
Eomer
Formendacil
Glirdan
Greenie
Inziladun
Kath
Loslote
Nerwen
Nogrod
Pitchwife
Sally
Shasta
The Elf-Warrior
Volo
Wilwa

No posting. Night 1 narration to follow.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-27-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night 1

A crowd of townspeople, from Bree, had gathered inside the Prancing Pony. Business had been dying ever since the wolf howls started, and rumors of the rangers leaving entered the typical inn chatter. There had also been several strangers passing through these days, unscrupulous folk who just dont look or feel Mannish. Most of the outsiders wind up leaving soon enough, and the Bree folk weren't distraught by their leaving. However, a few strangers have stayed around longer, and they look like trouble. Most Bree people just lock themselves inside nowadays, hoping no trouble would find them.

On this gloomy and haunting night, the Prancing Pony was more busy than it had been in months. Although you newcomers wouldn't be able to tell this was a "busy" night of late. There was no lively music and the overall atmosphere was dead. Folk mostly sat by themselves or huddled in a small group, talking in whispers around a table.

The door creaked open and two more strangers walked into the Inn. A pretty and mysterious looking dark-haired woman, followed by a tall, slender fair skinned man. If the inn was quiet before the strangers walked in, it was dead now, besides the one man hustling from table to table attending the patrons of his Inn. The woman, of all things, had really short hair, too short that's natural for a lady to have. The man looked too well kept, almost like a pampered Elf. These two wreaked of stranger.

"Good evening masters. I'm Barliman Butterbur, the owner of this establishment. Most call me Barley or just Butterbur. What can I do for you? If you're seeking accomadations, we've got more than enough rooms available."

"Yes, we'll take two rooms" said the man. "We're heading south. It's getting far too chilly and dark outside, we'd just need a place to stay for the night."

"Right this way then masters. I'll take you up and show you to your rooms. If you need anything to eat or drink, just come back down and find me. It shouldn't be that hard to do with the way business has been lately."

Barley led the strangers through the common room and everyone looked at them with suspicious caution. One man stood up and shouted "Barley! Why are you giving rooms to these folk! I haven't seen their faces in Bree before. These are dark times, we can't just let strangers come in and stay in our homes!"

"When last I looked, this was my home, not yours." retorted Barley. When the three got upstairs and Butterbur showed the strangers their rooms he said, "Don't mind our gate-keeper, Harry downstairs. He means well. He's just scared. We all are..." Butterbur ended. He attempted a smile to relieve the awkwardness but just said "-erm, well I've got business waiting downstairs." and left without another word.

The two strangers looked at eachother for a moment, trying to figure out what all that was about and why the Inkeep was clearly troubled by something unspeakable. But instead just left for their rooms to sleep for the night.

It is Night 1. No posting yet. (15 minutes late, yes yes...sorry). Wolves talk. Seer give me a name to dream.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Day 1

A crazy storm knocked out my power and it came back about 10 minutes ago. I won't have time to finish the narration right now.

So, Fea is dead from wolf bites and me...I am in a stone cold stupor.

It is now Day 1. Wolves no more private chatter. Everyone...get on with it! Narration up later.

LIVING
Agan
Eomer
Formendacil
Glirdan
Greenie
Inziladun
Kath
Loslote
Nerwen
Nogrod
Pitchwife
Sally
Shasta
The Elf-Warrior
Volo
Wilwa

DEAD
Boro (Mod)- knocked out stone-cold
Fea (honorary co-mod)- nommed by wolfies
Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
An hour and a half into it and I'm the first one to post? That pretty much means everyone is tied at #1 in my "suspicious" category.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
An hour and a half into it and I'm the first one to post? That pretty much means everyone is tied at #1 in my "suspicious" category.
Or that I've passed my cold to everyone and no one feels up to posting.

*snuggles everyone, offers blankets*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
All I know is we can't all be wolves.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
We could, technically. After all, there are three wolves, and three posters....

Probably not the best argument for me to jump onto, is it?

ETA: A note that I may not be back tonight. Seriously, I feel nasty. I need a nap. I'd make a separate post but I'm dangerously close to 4,000 so I want to be careful, etc. Tomorrow will be busy so I may not vote toDay, though I'm hoping that won't be happening. Just an fyi. :/
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Actually, I meant we as in all the villagers, but I do know I'm not a wolf, so the statement is correct, even if you two are wolves.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
We could, technically. After all, there are three wolves, and three posters....
Of course we could, statistically unlikely though it is.

Shall we go ahead and have it out now that suspected Cobblers should be lynched in the absence of lupine targets? One Cobbler can be a decisive factor in favour of the wolves (as a recent event proved ), so two are worse, especially when one of them has the power to locate the other Cobbler or the wolves by Night.

x/d with TEW