Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #601
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Where is Lommy?

If I post, it probably won't be until Monday.

-- Foley
Old 08-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #602
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Where is Lommy?
-- Foley
I don't know, but she told me that she would be away from the July 23rd to August 11th.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #603
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, I've set the stage for all three of the characters I have going here.

Firefoot, I hope you can (or wish to) do something with what I've provided re Rowenna.

Same thing goes for Thornden (Foley) and Stigend (Noggie) re Eodwine, and Saeryn (Foley) re Harreld.

I'm waiting for you guys now.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-03-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #604
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Legate is visiting us (meaning Lommy as well) and Rune is coming on Monday... I might have some time tomorrow evening though and I will try to fill something in.

We will come back from our summer cottage on Saturday a week from now (we leave on Tuesday) and after that the normal routines will fall on us and we will be more able to attach ourselves.

But as I said, I will try to fill in something tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #605
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I'll be leaving on August 4th for a family reunion up in Yankee country
Yankee country! Ha! Which part?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #606
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Yankee country! Ha! Which part?
Deeeeeeep Yankee country: Door County Wisconsin. I guess I better keep my Rebel secessionist thoughts to myself then while I'm up there!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #607
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Deeeeeeep Yankee country: Door County Wisconsin. I guess I better keep my Rebel secessionist thoughts to myself then while I'm up there!

*grumblerebblesessesionistmoronthoughtsgrumble* Just kidding!

Have fun!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #608
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Currently working on a post for Scyld... proving difficult since so much of his history and his prior knowledge of what was going on at the Meadhall was written about some... two years ago? Oy vey. And now with Degas re-entering the picture... yikes, I'm going to have some reviewing to do (not now).
Old 08-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #609
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Question...

About the layout of the camp... the main sleeping area and the kitchens area are both in the baker? Because I thought they were, and then people kept referencing the "kitchens" leaving me to wonder if something separate had been constructed...
Old 08-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #610
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
About the layout of the camp... the main sleeping area and the kitchens area are both in the baker? Because I thought they were, and then people kept referencing the "kitchens" leaving me to wonder if something separate had been constructed...
I don't think the "kitchens" are under the baker the people sleep under but even less are they kitchens... But surely they should be a) nearby and b) covered with a canvas and / or supported by some temporary light structures by now...

But they are not ready or at their place yet as they will be built later as part of the Hall itself when the Hall gets constructed.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #611
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I don't think the "kitchens" are under the baker the people sleep under but even less are they kitchens... But surely they should be a) nearby and b) covered with a canvas and / or supported by some temporary light structures by now...

But they are not ready or at their place yet as they will be built later as part of the Hall itself when the Hall gets constructed.
Yeah, the way I've been seeing this in my mind is that the baker (where the cooking is getting done) is (from the entrance to Scarburg) a little to the right, in front of the ruins; the eating tables are more or less directly in front of the ruins (thus to the left of the baker) and the tents where people are sleeping are to the left of the tables, more or less in front of the (former) ruins. At least, that's the way I've been thinking of it.

EDIT: Firefoot, what fun. I'd rep you but (you know the drill) .... Anyway, I'm going to have to give this some thought. Will post soon....

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-03-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #612
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ha. That post of mine for Thornden definitely wasn't of impressive length.

I have a question, though. What exactly did Eodwine mean that they would celebrate? Are they taking off work - or are they just recognizing how far they've gone?

-- Foley
Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #613
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I haven't given that a lot of thought, Foley. It could be a day off, it could be an afternoon off, it could be a bonfire at night after a full day of work. What do we want it to be?

By the way, you might want and "end quote" on the end of your last sentence there.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #614
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Just to let y'all know... I'm getting ready to head off to college right now (read: I'm going to be very busy); I'm here for another week and then I'm going to be a week without internet access. After that I suspect that I will find myself rather busy with orientation stuff and getting settled in... but I'm going to do my best.

Just when I'm starting to have fun with this again... It's always something.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #615
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I have returned from the seaside and will post as soon as I can.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #616
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hello! I am back. Might post for Kara a bit later, I'm missing Frodides, or I may wait until we get to the evening so she can greet Nain. Depends on how the rest of the day goes!
Old 08-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #617
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Firefoot & Foley, it's your turn again. And Gwath may have Crabannan interrupt too, if he wants.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #618
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ah, splendid! Thanks for moving Crabannan and Degas along.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:01 AM   #619
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwath has posted...more introspective rubbish!
Old 08-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #620
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Fun post, Gwath.

Foley, Noggie, or Fea, feel free to beat Eodwine to the answer if you like.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #621
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

This is turning out very interesting.

Let me know when Saeryn's character is handled incorrectly...or butchered entirely, Fea.

In the mean time, have fun with what I just wrote. I could have done more, but I figured now might be a good time to let you write something.

-- Folwren
Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #622
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

...wow.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 AM   #623
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm back as well. Everybody has been writing amazing stuff, really. I'll be able to post soon but I won't be able to be very active in the next 1,5 months because some of my final exams are coming up... (although, one could certainly count writing here as practice for the English exam, right? )
Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #624
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Let me know when Saeryn's character is handled incorrectly...or butchered entirely, Fea.

In the mean time, have fun with what I just wrote. I could have done more, but I figured now might be a good time to let you write something.
Are you kidding? This is great. We all know she's a bit of a hot head. She gets herself into things before thinking about them. She's smart and she knows how to do everything she's supposed to do, but she tends not to consider that when acting on impulse. And obviously there are social norms which that doesn't apply to: she's proper in the things that matter, but her personal heroine is Eowyn, which means that duty, honor, and freedom to live and die for your country in a way that matters to you are top priorities.

So calling Degas a coward is going to strike a fascinating note...

Because yeah, he basically gave up on their home half a dozen years ago. Used the younger son excuse to leave and hasn't been back since. With their parents gone, their sister gone, Saeryn relocated, and no responsibilities there, he had no reason or desire to show up. Hence the Gondorian emigration. Like the young artist living in a run down loft in NYC, hoping to make it big, our boy found himself in Elessar's court, playing off his heritage to get himself more interesting audiences.

Not very lordly behavior... So Saeryn's accusation is completely unfair, but it's also hilarious accurate.

And he's going to have to retain his newfound maturity to avoid telling her that her home would have been Eodwine's hall if she hadn't spooked and ran away as soon as he called her on there bordering-inappropriate relationship.

I'll write that some time today...
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 AM   #625
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Post up.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #626
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Glad to see you back, Thinlomien! It feels so good to be back home!

Everyone has been doing great posts, and I'll see if I can get one up today. Is it alright if Erbrand starts with the festivities that Eodwine promised? I think I might have Lithor come back for a little bit with Erbrand if that is alright.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #627
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Love it love it love it!

I so missed everybody here... Both characters and writers.

And the drama...

I'll write later. If not at work, then after.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #628
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Post up. Elempi, rebound, rebound!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #629
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Lommy, when you (or Nogrod) post, could you look into the boys' situation?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #630
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Yes. Whichever of us has time first.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #631
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Kath, you can post for Fordides if you like.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #632
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Coming in... coming in... Our choir has a few concerts tomorrow at local "Art goes kapakka" (Art goes to the bars) -festival but I will get myself updated and posting in the weekend.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #633
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
You beat me to the question, Folwren: what is going on with the boys? If someone needs to go and check, or help, them Erbrand would be a willing participant. It would give him something else to do anyway.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #634
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Cool. No big rush. I'm just wondering. Don't mean to pester or be annoying.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #635
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
If someone needs to go and check, or help, them Erbrand would be a willing participant. It would give him something else to do anyway.
I'll write you a chance for it during the weekend... (hopefully on Saturday)
Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #636
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
There we go. A post for Frodides open for Folwren if you want to continue it and a post for Kara open for Form and/or Gwath.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #637
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Erbrand or anybody else, feel free to start with the festivities.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #638
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Kath/Gwath, the ball's all yours; run with it.

Though it occurs to me that Crabannan has been rather tossed from one person to another lately as everyone gets rid of him... you might prefer to post yourself, although I can think up scenarios where Kath posting first would be more fun.

Whatever... it's out of my hands.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #639
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

It's a hard life. Your sympathy is noted, Form, and will be duly rewarded when I come into my kingdom.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #640
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Erbrand or anybody else, feel free to start with the festivities.
What? What festivities? Did I miss something important?