The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
Peregrin Took
Animated Skeleton

Peregrin Took has just left Hobbiton.
Who collected LotR figures?

Who collected them from PJ's trilogy? I collected tons...if you did, did you save the boxes? I am looking to buy the box for one of my sets that I foolishly threw out...I know it's an odd request, but I like to have the boxes for storage if I ever need to, and I don't know why I threw this box out...

Thanks!
Peregrin Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Oh my, this may reduce me to tears... during sixth grade (when the first movie came out), I saved and saved to get a Frodo. All I could afford at the time--student on a meager allowance, see. I kept it for ages, until my first year in college, where I lived in a dorm... evil dormmates, to make it short, knew of my Tolkien obsession, and...

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
Whcih size and manufacturer of figures are you referring to?
There are at least eight different styles from different manufacturers.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrin Took View Post
Who collected them from PJ's trilogy? I collected tons...if you did, did you save the boxes? I am looking to buy the box for one of my sets that I foolishly threw out...I know it's an odd request, but I like to have the boxes for storage if I ever need to, and I don't know why I threw this box out...

Thanks!
I know Lalwende was a big collector - she might be worth a PM. Also these things still turn up in TK Maxx type places for peanuts - however all the packaging I recall was of the "need to destroy it to open it type" probably since the manufacturers are only too aware of the premium on toys in pristine condition for collectors, so I am not too hopeful.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 06-26-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: wrong Lal
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I collected all of the Kinder egg figurines. However, that kind of merchandise requires one not only to open the package but also to "destroy" the chocolate which surrounds the figurines.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Peregrin Took
Animated Skeleton

Peregrin Took has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron the White View Post
Whcih size and manufacturer of figures are you referring to?
There are at least eight different styles from different manufacturers.
I'm talking about the main Toy Biz line, in specific the Two Towers line. If anybody hears anything or knows of anything please let me know! Thanks!
Peregrin Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
I have all the Toy BIz line. Also all of the Play Along Armies of Middle-earth line plus 600 extra Elves, orcs and defenders of Helms Deep. All the Applause line, most of the Lord of the Rings metal Collector Models line as well. I have about 2/3 of the figures from Sideshow Toy. And a bunch of other stuff like the circular Burger King stand with figures and stuff that I could not even identify where it came from.

If I can provide any information, I will be glad to help.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
I collected most of the 6-inch sets from ToyBiz, and yes, I kept most of the boxes, though most of them are slightly torn from being opened. I avoided some of the "double-dip" sets (the Three Hunters set for example, since I already had the figures individually).

What are you in search of?
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #9
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
As the former proprietor of the Barrow Downs now-closed store, Barrow Treasures, I obtained scads and scads of the Toy-Biz action figures that I was unable to sell, and I have them safely packed away waiting for the day when they are hot-commodity collectors items. I don't have the entire sets, mind you, but I have most of the TT items. Let me know what you're looking for.