The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2020, 09:24 AM   #521
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thing is, if she saw Legate last night, she didn't see him night 3 as everyone is supposing, so who did she see night 3?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:26 AM   #522
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ah, I hadn't refreshed and hadn't seen Boro's reply yet.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:28 AM   #523
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Greenie did still get her Night4 dream, though, right?
Correct.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #524
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A look at Pitch:

Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Fishy, you say? I wonder, can you make leather from fish skin? Does fish leather make good boots?
A lot of people found Pitch cobblerish for this post, but would a cobbler be so obvious? I do wonder if he could be a wolf disguising himself as the cobbler. Or maybe the comment means nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch responding to Hui
That said, I agree that Kath's description of your behaviour wasn't really accurate, as you did give your opinions on the people you pushed.
I believe this is his first mention of Kath.

Quote:
Right now I feel most like voting Kath for her misrepresentation of Hui.
He then proceeds to vote for her. However, it was a throwaway vote at that point. Could this be wolf-on-wolf? Possibly. His suspicion of Kath wasn't really gathering traction at this point.

Day 2

Takes a look at Hui voters and makes this conclusion:
Quote:
If there's a wolf among these four, I'd still say it's most likely Kath, with Shasta and Nog sharing second place, and Rikae most innocent-looking.
Responds to Formy's speculating of gifteds with this:
Quote:
Whatever Form is, I can't imagine why whe'd write any of this as an innocent.
Fair enough, I found it worrying too. But it could be an easy cover if he's a wolf.

#264 He responds to Nogrod that he's suspected lynching an innocent for forced reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch in response to Formy
Wait a sec. So I'm your top suspect because of the (effectively inconsequential) placing of my vote would be perfect for wolf-on-wolf, which of course would depend on Kath being a wolf with me, but at the same time you seem to be saying your suspicion of me shouldn't be tied to your suspicion of her? Am I reading this right, or were you actually making sense and I just don't see it?
How could my vote be wolf-on-wolf WITHOUT Kath being a wolf?
Interesting.

Quote:
Actually, trying to arrange my impressions into a scale, suspicion increasing top -> down:
Lommy/Greenie/Brinn
Rikae/Mac
Legate/Shasta/BG
Form/Nilp
Nog/Kath

sally should go on a hovering bar to the right of the scale, because darned if I know.
Quote:
I was most likely going to vote Kath again but am reconsidering after Formy's vote.
Quote:
So as not to throw away my vote again, I could vote for any of Form, Nog or Nilp (Form only as a last resort, as I think he's most likely the cobbler).
Ends up voting Nog.

If he thinks Formy is a cobbler, why would that change is mind about voting Kath? After all, a cobbler wouldn't know the roles of the wolves for sure. His suspicion of Nogrod was fairly weak throughout the Day - he seemed to go along with what others were saying.

Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch in response to Lommy
As for my vote, well - what do you do when one of your suspects (Formy) votes the other (Kath)? How do you determine which of the two you were wrong about? I didn't feel up to wrapping my head around the question at this (for me) late hour, so I looked for a third option. I had been suspicious of Nog earlier, mainly for his IMHO (pace Nog's ghost!) forced suspicion of Hui and (to me) unconvincing defense thereof, so there I went. I could have gone for Nilp, but didn't have a strong enough impression of him.
This defense feels flimsy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch in response to Rikae
I know you like to poke for reactions (much like our deceased Hui), put something out to see who latches on to it, and I'm fine with that on D1, but when it's two Days later and half the village seems to think I'm the cobbler for noticing one I get a bit touchy about being misrepresented. I don't know if it makes you a wolf, but if doesn't, what DOES it make you? You tell me.
There was a lot of back and forth between them and this was just one post. But it makes me think they aren't likely packmates.

Quote:
I keep wondering about the plausibility of a Rikae-Legate-Kath-Form pack. As for Rikae, I'm obviously biased right now, so I'd like to re-evaluate toMorrow. Kath has suddenly started to make possibly innocent sense toDay, I hope this continues. I'm really torn between Legate and Form, but my suspicion of Form is older and stronger.
Proceeds to vote for Formy. If he's a wolf, that last sentence was a very safe suspicion of a packmate.

Day 4
Quote:
Also, since the wolves now consistently killed people for suspecting Legate three Nights in a row, I'm surprised - disappointed really - he wasn't the NW.
Why would you be disappointed that he wasn't the NW? That's a good thing for us.

I still find Pitch suspicious. Looking at these posts, I wouldn't rule out a Pitch/Kath pack. A Pitch/Rikae pack looks least likely.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #525
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
The wolves chose to not put the nightmare wolf in the line of fire for the kill. I suppose they considered Legate a goner anyway. It does re-iterate though that the wolves seem to value their numbers higher than the NW powers.
Which makes me also think Legate was the most widely suspected of them and that the NW is someone who's managed to stay fairly uncontroversial.

Did Boro's performance last game inspire half the village to try some kind of ploys this time? For what it's worth, Rikae's confession makes me feel a little better about them. I see little point in fabricating something like that as a wolf. edit: I'm gonna do a legate-180 on this, see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Brinn's guesses for Greenie dreams:

Night 1: Lottie
Night 2: Shasta
Night 3: Legate

If that's right, then it makes me feel good about Shasta. Unfortunately that would mean her other dreams are dead which isn't as helpful (hopefully we can get an idea of her Night 4 dream with toDay's medium vote).

It's possible she dreamt of Kath, but I find it less likely. Still - it doesn't make Kath look very good since she did suspect her for two straight Days. Could the wolves have worried that Greenie dreamed of two wolves? I will need to take a look at Kath's posts along with Legate, though that will need to wait for a few hours at least.
I read Brinn's analysis and I very much agree with the conclusions. It's fairly intriguing Rikae comes to less certain conclusions with the possible remarkable difference of downplaying Shasta's perceived innocence. This *could* point to Rikae being a wolf reluctant to give the village a known innocent, or to Brinn being a bold packmate of Shasta's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I realized I've been thinking of Lommy as innocentish all this time without any solid reason, and, reading back through her posts quickly, I was struck by how it all had this light, cheerful vibe, dancing around on the surface of things, talking a lot about game mechanics and other not-directly-productive stuff, those VERY easy votes. Why haven't I been considering her a possible wolf? She's been acting like a classic careful wolf!
Not sure I agree with this characterisation. I think I've scarcely discussed game mechanics or "other not-directly-productive stuff"! Also, not sure why "cheerful" is a bad thing in your book (or supposedly out of character for me). What I do agree with is my votes being sloppy. This game with its very little evidence in any direction has been trying on me - but don't worry, I think I'm already much wiser toDay. That being said - on the risk of falliong into the trap of knee-jerkism, I don't like this quote from Rikae one bit. It has the smell of "I need a suspicion that's not one of my fellows, let's pick one villager and go through their posts and come up with a reason to suspect them".

Quote:
On another note, after Rikae's rather notable Seer hints yesterDay, I'm rather surprised the wolves left them alone and went for Greenie instead, unless of course Rikae is one themself. I mean, it's not impossible that Rikae was trying to set themself up as a decoy to distract from the real Seer, as they claim, but at the same time those hints could have been laid in preparation for a fake reveal to draw out the Seer toDay, and at the very least they could have drawn the Ranger's protection from the real Seer. So I must say I don't like their prophylactic apology in their first post toDay.
Actually, that's a very good point! With TWO gifteds protecting Nightly targets, it would actually have made a lot of sense for a wolf (or to a lesser degree, a cobbler) to fake seer hint in order to lure the protection away from their Night kill choice! *side eyes everyone I have thought the seer in the course of the game, meaning at least Mac, and Rikae with their confession*

I will still read the legatelyses (haven't got as far as that can of worms) and overall comment in a sec...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:37 AM   #526
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If Brinniel is a wolf, empower Kath.
If Kath is a wolf, empower Mac.
If Macalaure is a wolf, empower Nilp.
If Nilpaurion Felagund is a wolf, empower Pitch.
If Pitchwife is a wolf, empower Rikae.
If Rikae is a wolf, empower Sally.
If satansaloser2005 is a wolf, empower Shasta.
If Shastanis Althreduin is a wolf, empower Lommy.
If Thinlomien is a wolf, empower Brinniel.

If you don't have a known wolf, empower no one.
This is good, because we can hope Greenie dreamed of a wolf last Night.

Since we don't really need "if Nilp is a wolf" option, should we instead make something like:

If you don't have a known wolf AND think there's something alarmingly stupid about this way of communication, empower Pitch.

I'm just worried there's something we haven't taken into account, but can't think of what, and I'd like to give the dead the option to opt out from this form of communication/ let them tell us to rethink. Obviously the biggest problem is that we might have to spend toMorrow checking that they don't have a 2nd wolf while it's fairly likely they don't have one and we'd benefit much more from a known innocent.

But I think we can leave that can of worms for toMorrow. Especially if we lynch Kath who's the only relatively likely pre- last night wolf dream of Greenie's.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #527
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm here for a bit but I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start, to be honest.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:58 AM   #528
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
It has the smell of "I need a suspicion that's not one of my fellows, let's pick one villager and go through their posts and come up with a reason to suspect them".
This is kind of my read of Mac's suspicion of me, to be honest.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-11-2020, 11:01 AM   #529
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

From what I recall, Legate is fine with being bussed - I'm going to go out on a limb and say Legate is probably fine with bussing, as well - so who was Legate going after most heavily? Could be the NW - I also think there's merit to the theory that whoever-it-was (I remember reading it, don't remember the author) brought up about the NW possibly being unsuspected enough to not have them be the target of Nilp's trap and giving up Legate instead.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #530
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Which makes me also think Legate was the most widely suspected of them and that the NW is someone who's managed to stay fairly uncontroversial.
I don't agree with this. If the wolves go for Greenie as the suspected seer since she singled out Legate, then they know that, if they're right, Legate is instant toast the next Day. The only reason to possibly list and risk anyone other than Legate is if the wolves were eager to kill the NW, no matter who the rest of the pack is or how suspected they were.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #531
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Well that was a rollercoaster! A serious blow to lose the Seer but a very effective Night for the Beast Hunter.

Lommy is right that finding a way to communicate with Greenie in the Dead Thread is a good idea but given the only means of communication is the vote for the Medium, and we only see that in the narration, I think the effectiveness of any such communication can only really come into play toMorrow.

I am also aware that Greenie's sustained suspicion of me makes things look pretty bad for me toDay. The only thing I hope can convince people that I am not a furry evil-doer is that despite the sustained suspicion, her vote went to Legate in the end. Had I been a wolf, and had she dreamed wolf-me and wolf-Legate, why switch her vote? Even though the Form-waggon (and seriously sorry Form!) pretty much knocked anyone else out of the running, I would have been a better bet for the lynch yesterDay over Legate as far as I can tell.
This from Kath seems like it's written from a defensive wolf's perspective - "okay, how do I defend myself tomorrow?" - the bolded especially.

However, that the defense itself is based on Greenie, who didn't reveal until dawn, maybe makes it less likely? I honestly can't decide. I started this post having seen that initial statement of Kath's, thought "oh!", and then thought of the Greenie thing mid-post-construction.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #532
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Since we don't really need "if Nilp is a wolf" option, should we instead make something like:

If you don't have a known wolf AND think there's something alarmingly stupid about this way of communication, empower Pitch.

I'm just worried there's something we haven't taken into account, but can't think of what, and I'd like to give the dead the option to opt out from this form of communication/ let them tell us to rethink. Obviously the biggest problem is that we might have to spend toMorrow checking that they don't have a 2nd wolf while it's fairly likely they don't have one and we'd benefit much more from a known innocent.

But I think we can leave that can of worms for toMorrow. Especially if we lynch Kath who's the only relatively likely pre- last night wolf dream of Greenie's.
So, I don't like this. Changing up the list late in the day when the Dead Thread may already have been voting/organising based on the previous one I don't think is a good idea. And by putting it in, we now face the possibility that whatever the Dead Thread does, we don't know which list they are basing their response on, as they have no way to tell us that. To me, this is just going to sow confusion.

Obviously I also don't like it because it assumes my guilt. If I'm lynched toDay and the wolves get a kill toNight, which is far more likely than not, the village would be down to 4 innocents and 3 wolves. That is seriously bad odds.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:08 AM   #533
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Quote:
I don't agree with this. If the wolves go for Greenie as the suspected seer since she singled out Legate, then they know that, if they're right, Legate is instant toast the next Day. The only reason to possibly list and risk anyone other than Legate is if the wolves were eager to kill the NW, no matter who the rest of the pack is or how suspected they were.
"Fairly uncontroversial" versus "less suspicious than Legate" seems like such a thin hair to split.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:09 AM   #534
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
So, I don't like this. Changing up the list late in the day when the Dead Thread may already have been voting/organising based on the previous one I don't think is a good idea. And by putting it in, we now face the possibility that whatever the Dead Thread does, we don't know which list they are basing their response on, as they have no way to tell us that. To me, this is just going to sow confusion.

Obviously I also don't like it because it assumes my guilt. If I'm lynched toDay and the wolves get a kill toNight, which is far more likely than not, the village would be down to 4 innocents and 3 wolves. That is seriously bad odds.
3 innocents, 1 cobbler, and 3 wolves. Worse odds - although it seems a bit odd that you wouldn't mention the cobbler here.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #535
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Has Pitch NOT been the Cobbler the whole time? Is it Kath?

I will riot.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #536
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Quote:
It has the smell of "I need a suspicion that's not one of my fellows, let's pick one villager and go through their posts and come up with a reason to suspect them".
This is kind of my read of Mac's suspicion of me, to be honest.
Then you didn't read what I said.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:11 AM   #537
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Let's get the communication stuff out of the way before we get into the meat of things.

I think it makes more sense to communicate known wolves over known innocents. Obviously, though, we don't want the dead to turn a wolf into the medium.

What about:

If Nilpaurion Felagund is a wolf, empower Pitch.

There's of course a possibility that two wolves are adjacent in the alphabet, but what are you gonna do.
This perspective from Mac about the possibility of a wolf receiving the medium empowerment... He's clearly thinking about all things mechanical here. I kind of like it, although I'm not sure I should.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #538
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

A List

Inclined to trust for toDay

Nilp - safe to say we'd have ahd a counter reveal by now if he wasn't the bh
Shasta - I still think BG's death is a point in his favour, otherwise I don't have much (on a quick look at Greenie myself I'm unfortunately leaning towards thinking that her dreams were N1 Lottie, N2 Nilp, N3 Legate so no verification for Shasta's innocence there)
Brinn - the voice of reason in this village. It would kill me inside a little if she was a wolf. Not very worried about it right now, at any rate.

Disinclined to trust

Kath - she still gives an innocent vibe to me with her attitude, but I really think Greenie's suspicion of her might have contributed to her demise, and her connection with Legate looks a little dodgy too
Rikae - Pitch's point about wolves being willing to fake seer in this game certainly works against them, and I don't ike the fabricated-seeming suspicion against me + my earlier suspicions of them still stand
Mac - gives me an innocent vibe, and I like his taking a proactive role in the empowerment things and all, but he does look like a fairly likely Legate packmate + the fact that I was inclined to think him a seer isn't really in his favour when I think of it
Pitch - people have been calling him a cobbler all game, then ignoring him. I know I'm possibly one of the people the most guilty of this myself but it sounds like a nice place for a wolf to be. One could say they could try to get there on purpose, possibly with the help of their packmates. There's just something very wrong about how "detached" Pitch feels from the rest of the game.
Sally - has been under my radar largely. It's interesting how all kinds of analyses toDay suddenly subtly point at her. Since this hasn't, however, resulted in actual cases against her, it feels less like an orchestrated wolf effort against Sally and more like a collective awakening about someone being dodgy.

edit: xed with everyone
Old 06-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #539
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macalaure View Post
then you didn't read what i said.
k.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:13 AM   #540
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
3 innocents, 1 cobbler, and 3 wolves. Worse odds - although it seems a bit odd that you wouldn't mention the cobbler here.
I was thinking in terms of the wolves getting a straight win. As in once the numbers are even the wolves have the victory. But actually yeah, a coordinated vote from the wolves and the cobbler each successive Day from toMorrow, if an innocent gets lynched toDay and the Night kill happens ... Oh dear.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:14 AM   #541
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Sally - has been under my radar largely. It's interesting how all kinds of analyses toDay suddenly subtly point at her. Since this hasn't, however, resulted in actual cases against her, it feels less like an orchestrated wolf effort against Sally and more like a collective awakening about someone being dodgy.
While I don't quite trust you yet, Lommy, this is beautifully worded. I think the wolves will probably be more orchestrated today than on any other day, because this is the Day that they can win off.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #542
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Not sure I agree with this characterisation. I think I've scarcely discussed game mechanics or "other not-directly-productive stuff"! Also, not sure why "cheerful" is a bad thing in your book (or supposedly out of character for me). What I do agree with is my votes being sloppy. This game with its very little evidence in any direction has been trying on me - but don't worry, I think I'm already much wiser toDay. That being said - on the risk of falliong into the trap of knee-jerkism, I don't like this quote from Rikae one bit. It has the smell of "I need a suspicion that's not one of my fellows, let's pick one villager and go through their posts and come up with a reason to suspect them".
I'm very busy toDay, unfortunately, or I'd go and collect all the game mechanics or general how-to-werewolf conversations. I'm not against those in themselves, but a high proportion of them has the advantage of taking up a lot of real estate, looking very engaged, without ruffling feathers and leaving trails.

And the cheerfulness too - it's not that it's universally suspicious, but that it seems out of keeping with the overall tone of conversation at the time and the fortunes of the village (what you took issue with in my "epic!" comment, in fact). I suppose it could be unrelated to the game entirely, but it contributed to the overall glib, slippery impression.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #543
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Day 1

Clearly has not dreamed of Kath at this point.

Could she have dreamed of an evil Pitch? Considering she also speculates that he could be the cobbler, I'm guessing no.

Note: She does end up voting Pitch.
It's possible Greenie dreamed of an innocent Shasta, Lommy, Rikae, or Mac. But considering she singles out Lottie, I suspect she was her Night 1 dream.

Day 2

If she dreamed of anyone from here, my guess would be Shasta, but it's not clear.

If Greenie did dream of Legate, it did not happen on Night 2.

Shasta looks like he may be the most likely Night 2 dream based on this post.

Could she dreamt of an evil Kath? It's possible, but if she had, I don't know that she would've wavered between Nog and Kath like she did.

Day 3

Another innocent Shasta clue. I keep thinking she must've dreamed of Legate on Night 3, but she still remains very suspicious of Kath so I wonder if maybe she was a dream after all.

Okay, with that last post, maybe she didn't dream of Kath after all.

Brinn's guesses for Greenie dreams:

Night 1: Lottie
Night 2: Shasta
Night 3: Legate

If that's right, then it makes me feel good about Shasta. Unfortunately that would mean her other dreams are dead which isn't as helpful (hopefully we can get an idea of her Night 4 dream with toDay's medium vote).

It's possible she dreamt of Kath, but I find it less likely. Still - it doesn't make Kath look very good since she did suspect her for two straight Days. Could the wolves have worried that Greenie dreamed of two wolves? I will need to take a look at Kath's posts along with Legate, though that will need to wait for a few hours at least.
I think it's possible, from the quotes in Brinn's posts, that Greenie realized she was looking a little too much like a Seer and wanted to try and throw the wolves off - I think an N3 Kath dream is possible. It would mean she didn't dream of Legate N3, though - in which case, why vote Legate over Kath? Hmm. Maybe I've talked myself out of that, actually.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #544
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Fair point.

Kath - I don't think it's too late to change the list, since everyone seems to be able to be around at the deadline. AND anyway the edit I suggested is very minor, ony relevant if a) Nilp is a wolf, or b) the dead think our system sucks, and I think a) is practically impossible and b) is hopefully unlikely.

My first thought toDay was that you're a wolf, but I agree we can't jump into conclusions like that. You are right that we can't really afford lynching an innocent toDay. (Which incidentally makes me want to stab at some direction that's NOT an easy wagon for the wolves to jump on. Ie rather a less controversial villager who's nonetheless suspicious.)

edit: xed with Rikae and Shasta
Old 06-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #545
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Why would you be disappointed that he wasn't the NW? That's a good thing for us.
Of course it is! I meant disappointed because the Night kills all pointing to him would have made much more sense if he'd actually been the NW and they were really trying to get him lynched so he could haunt the remaining Gifted. Disappointed at the lack of narrative logic, I should say.

I'm on the fence about Mac's scheme of communication with the Dead, both the original version and Lommy's 'improvement'. (Actually, isn't that the definition of Necromancy? Well, we're close to Dol Guldur...) On the surface, it looks like a clear-cut code, but what are the Dead to do if, say, they do have a known wolf but don't trust the person they'd need no empower in order to tell us? Or if the person they would be empowering is voting for a known innocent? Should they pass the empowerment on to next person in the alphabet? But then how would they keep us from drawing all the wrong conclusions from what they did? This could quickly turn into a Paper Telephone causing all kinds of confusion and mayhem.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:21 AM   #546
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I'm very busy toDay, unfortunately, or I'd go and collect all the game mechanics or general how-to-werewolf conversations. I'm not against those in themselves, but a high proportion of them has the advantage of taking up a lot of real estate, looking very engaged, without ruffling feathers and leaving trails.

And the cheerfulness too - it's not that it's universally suspicious, but that it seems out of keeping with the overall tone of conversation at the time and the fortunes of the village (what you took issue with in my "epic!" comment, in fact). I suppose it could be unrelated to the game entirely, but it contributed to the overall glib, slippery impression.
No snark intended, but weren't you accused of being too cheerful yourself at some point previous, Rikae?
Old 06-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #547
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Fair point.

Kath - I don't think it's too late to change the list, since everyone seems to be able to be around at the deadline. AND anyway the edit I suggested is very minor, ony relevant if a) Nilp is a wolf, or b) the dead think our system sucks, and I think a) is practically impossible and b) is hopefully unlikely.

My first thought toDay was that you're a wolf, but I agree we can't jump into conclusions like that. You are right that we can't really afford lynching an innocent toDay. (Which incidentally makes me want to stab at some direction that's NOT an easy wagon for the wolves to jump on. Ie rather a less controversial villager who's nonetheless suspicious.)

edit: xed with Rikae and Shasta
I still think it needs to be absolutely clear to the Dead Thread which list. Because otherwise there will be so much leeway toMorrow for people to say - oh well maybe the Dead Thread were using the second list, so that means x.

If Nilp being a wolf/not being a wolf is the issue, the original list was entirely able to deal with that. If Greenie dreamt of another wolf we will know from who is voted the Medium. If she didn't dream of another wolf, we'll know from the lack of Medium. I think that's plenty clear.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:28 AM   #548
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
A Wall of Text (don't worry, it's mostly just quotes).

Day 1

Hmm...could go either way here.

I think it less likely that evil Legate would outright declare his packmates as innocentish - which makes me feel a bit better about Rikae and Lommy in addition to Shasta. He picks up on the idea that was brought up that Pitch is a cobbler - either Pitch is a packmate or Legate probably didn't think he really was the cobbler.

Voted for Formy.

Day 2

I do wonder if he's actually telling the truth about this decision and knew that it might implicate Legate. Or if Nog was right in that they thought Lottie dreamt Legate. I didn't think this because I didn't believe that an evil Legate would so quickly react to suspicion of him as seer behavior on Day 1, but maybe I'm wrong. If so, sorry Nogs.

Okay, so there were no wolves in his red-zone. Lommy is in his green zone which makes her look better to me and to a lesser extent, Rikae. I think his packmates are hidden somewhere in the yellow/orange zones, most likely.

Votes Nogrod. Which means he was the evil link in that bandwagon. There could be another wolf that took part in the Nog lynch, but I can't imagine any more than that. If there was, my guess would be Pitch.

Day 3

His opinions of Mac are fairly safe - sort of suspecting, but not really. Could be wolf-on-wolf.

Voted for Formy which he just kind of went along with (in truth, pretty much everyone did).

On a side note: 3,000 posts. Whee!
I don't know if I agree with thinking Lommy and Rikae look better from Legate calling them innocent. That this pack didn't decide to bus the NW to activate their powers says to me that they're looking to stay cohesive and not really wolf-on-wolf.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #549
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

As there still seems to be some confusion on the Day 1 fishleather boots thing:

It was pretty apparent to me that Pitch was trying to suggest Form (the "fishy" individual) was a cobbler, but I wondered if he was actually a wolf trying to connect with the cobbler ("shopping for boots"). His response made it look less likely to me.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #550
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I think it's entirely possible we're too close to numbers being even to discount the use of the Medium vote as what it actually is - a vote.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #551
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Of course it is! I meant disappointed because the Night kills all pointing to him would have made much more sense if he'd actually been the NW and they were really trying to get him lynched so he could haunt the remaining Gifted. Disappointed at the lack of narrative logic, I should say.

I'm on the fence about Mac's scheme of communication with the Dead, both the original version and Lommy's 'improvement'. (Actually, isn't that the definition of Necromancy? Well, we're close to Dol Guldur...) On the surface, it looks like a clear-cut code, but what are the Dead to do if, say, they do have a known wolf but don't trust the person they'd need no empower in order to tell us? Or if the person they would be empowering is voting for a known innocent? Should they pass the empowerment on to next person in the alphabet? But then how would they keep us from drawing all the wrong conclusions from what they did? This could quickly turn into a Paper Telephone causing all kinds of confusion and mayhem.
I get this to a point, but if Greenie has dreamt a wolf, communicating that with us is surely the most important thing to do. Then that wolf gets lynched toMorrow. Unless by that point the baddies have unassailable numbers control over the lynch in which case the village is done for anyway.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #552
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

That is to say - it's entirely possible Greenie didn't dream of another wolf, which through Mac' list would result in no medium vote, which is a good-controlled vote we're missing out on. I don't like that - and I do think that's something a Macwolf would consider.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #553
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
No snark intended, but weren't you accused of being too cheerful yourself at some point previous, Rikae?
By Lommy. As I mentioned in the post you're quoting, in the quote, in fact.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #554
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Can we really afford not learning it if Greenie still has a known wolf?

Besides, the dead need a CONSENSUS to empower a medium. That means that if we vote for the lynchee last minute like we tend to do, they can't probably switch their votes fast enough to direct the lynch if necessary. At most, they could cancel the choosing of empowerment which would result in them communicating they have no known wolves, which they anyway might not have.

Of course a whole another can of worms would be is it preferable to agree on voting early and let the dead empower someone's vote with the knowledge they have but I see that as harder to orchestrate among the living + potential waste of seer dream (say the dead empower Boro who votes Fea. Does this mean Boro is innocent, or Fea is guilty? We can't really conclude anything from that, AND i's no even that likely they can change the outcome of a lynch away from a known innocent/ towards a known wolf.)

Gonna x with a bunch again...
Old 06-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #555
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
That is to say - it's entirely possible Greenie didn't dream of another wolf, which through Mac' list would result in no medium vote, which is a good-controlled vote we're missing out on. I don't like that - and I do think that's something a Macwolf would consider.
Ok, but, just aiming to empower an innocent player isn't necessarily going to be advantageous anyway because they don't know anything. So there's no guarantee that they're going to make a positive difference to the vote.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #556
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I think it's entirely possible we're too close to numbers being even to discount the use of the Medium vote as what it actually is - a vote.
Thank you! That's what I was trying to get at above. If we follow Mac's scheme or Lommy's, we'll only know what the Dead were trying to say when the lynching's done. IMO the better alternative would be for all of us to do a +-prevote, so if the Dead have a known wolf they can empower those voting them, and if they have known innocents they can empower votes to save them.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #557
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Phew looks like this is working again.

Boro, are the living allowed to view the post count (who posted) on the dead thread?
Old 06-11-2020, 12:31 PM   #558
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Thank you! That's what I was trying to get at above. If we follow Mac's scheme or Lommy's, we'll only know what the Dead were trying to say when the lynching's done. IMO the better alternative would be for all of us to do a +-prevote, so if the Dead have a known wolf they can empower those voting them, and if they have known innocents they can empower votes to save them.
But this relies on somebody actually voting the person Greenie potentially dreamed of. If nobody does, then the Dead Thread would have to go with a no-vote. So it means no useful empowerment AND no information on a wolf if Greenie did dream of one.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:34 PM   #559
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Quote:
Guys... there's a potential known wolf waiting for us to be communicated from the dead. Knowing who that is by far outweighs the power of one single vote. And yeah, we will only know toMorrow, so what?

In either mine or Lommy's way, the medium vote is no longer used as a vote, but still has that effect and could potentially mess things up, that's true though. Maybe we can all make our voting intentions clear, with +- or otherwise, and then have an actual vote that is not close enough for the medium's vote to matter.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:38 PM   #560
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Does anyone else find the way Brinn came out early in the day toDay with sort of ... boss lady energy (not meant in any insulting way, Brinn, actually pretty cool) and took control of the discourse a little worrying?

Particularly how she moved Shasta more firmly into the "known-ish-innocent" category than the situation warranted, and treated Kath as a dreamed wolf without a lot of evidence. And treating Lommy as innocent based on her being in Legate's green zone? Now, Legate is perfectly capable of a double-bluff, and Brinn, too, for that matter. The mutual trust between Brinn and Lommy doesn't seem warranted if they're both innocents. We can't afford to ignore anyone now.

Quote:
That's why it was my preference yesterDay. That said, if I had to do a prevote right now I'd honestly have no idea who to vote for. Greenie's posts left more questions than answers for me and at this point I think anyone, except probably Nilp, could be a wolf.