The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #201
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen View Post
That's certainly interesting, Eomer, especially considering how last game turned out.

By the way, I'm so glad you dropped the Scots.
Ca' mind foo i last gemme panned oot, min.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #202
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't know about Cabbie, but my suspiciouns on Bom remain.

++BOM

Edit: xed with Eomer. I have no clue what you're saying.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #203
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
What worries me is that maybe none out of the Boro-McCaber-Bom trio are wolves, and that the actual wolves are hiding more sneakily.
Two of them certainly are.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #204
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I have serious doubts that they're all innocent.
Agreed.

Eruhen looks to be playing the safest, but won't vote for him today, as he gets accustomed to WW.

Eonwe is starting to look defensive in his replies to Shasta. Fair questions too by Shasta wondering why he was the only one who voted for Glirdan after I revealed. Although he's had to point out several times already his reasons for voting sally yesterday.

It would have been smarter had I voted for Glirdan, but I made that decision more based on emotion of not wanting to see Glirdan lynched on Day 1 yet again. Particularly since the only reason would be to not lynch me.

And G55 not much has changed since what I said previously. She's involved and interested in this game (yay!) but has also been inaccurate in a few things.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #205
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ach...

Kill Nerwen AND Shasta with fire! And then kill their ashes!

Ranger - Protect! ^^
Old 07-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #206
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
What worries me is that maybe none out of the Boro-McCaber-Bom trio are wolves, and that the actual wolves are hiding more sneakily.
Quite possible. But the three most suspicious people around so far are the trio you name. I can't drop my suspicions just because they might not be the wolves at all - it doesn't even make sense when I say it.

Edit: xed since my last
Old 07-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #207
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Two of them certainly are.
But what if it's none? What if it's Nerwen and Shasta and G55?

edit: WHAT? WHAT? If Eomer really is the seer, I just had the most ridiculously lucky guess ever!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #208
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Vote McCaber. I'm genuinely curious if he is the last wolf.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #209
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Oh. My. God. None of this showed up for me until I tried to reply . . .

++McCaber

Because Eomer's reasoning made sense.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #210
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
++McCaber
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #211
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++McCaber

If this isn't a trick Eomer I love you. I love you. I love you,
Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #212
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
But what if it's none? What if it's Nerwen and Shasta and G55?
I know at least one of them is innocent.

Quote:
edit: WHAT? WHAT? If Eomer really is the seer, I just had the most ridiculously lucky guess ever!
Do you really want to shout about anyone being the Seer?

Edit: xed with a host of votes
Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #213
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++McCaber

Makes sense, I suppose.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #214
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
DL. Stop talking.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #215
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Shaken and disturbed after finding Zil's corpse, the cast disposed of the body in one of the bottomless pits.

"So who'd want to kill Zil?" Galadriel55 wondered.

"They were either threatened by him or wanted to make people say 'kill Zil' beacause it rhymed," Sally said.

"Somehow, I don't think rhyming was the motive here," Foley said.

"Zil suspected Bom," Boro pointed out.

"Oh, not this again," Bom said.

"He also suspected McCaber," Eomer said. "Let's kill him."

"Or we could kill Galadriel55," Shasta said.

"Or Bom, I liked that idea," Tum said.

"No, seriously," Eomer said. "Kill McCaber."

"Oh, fine," Eonwe said, picking up a rock. "McCaber it is."

McCaber looked between Eonwe and his rock and Eruhen, who'd taken a step forward threateningly, and tried to pull a Gandalf - he stepped backwards off the edge of the bottomless pit and fell. But unlike Gandalf, no Eagle came to catch and save him.

"...hey," Boro said, "that was in my script."

"Are you a murderer?" Foley yelled down after him.

"No!" McCaber called up, his voice growing fainter. "I was as ordindary as it gets for an actor of my caliber."

Starring

Tum as Frodo
Foley as Sam
Sally as Merry
Eomer as Pippin
G55 as Fredregar Bolger
Shasta as Legolas
Eruhen as Gimli
Eonwe as Boromir
Boro as Gandalf
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil
Nerwen as Galadriel

Dead

Lottie as The Director
Glirdy as Glorfindel the Ordo
Zil as Elrond the Ordo
McCaber as Aragorn the Ordo

Night 3 has begun. Send in your various picks.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #216
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

That night, the three actors debated who to kill listlessly. They'd agreed that they had to keep going now. Even if they'd tried to back out, the other actors would kill them the moment they found them. They had no choice but to kill again toNight. They made their choice quickly. No one really wanted to argue, and they all agreed that the sooner they got this over with, the better.

But when they arrived at the trailer, they found someone else waiting for them.

"Is that a...ski mask?" one of the murderers asked.

"You notice the ski mask first?" another said. "Instead of, say, the machete?"

"I have access to the props department," the Ranger explained.

"Yeah, yeah, got that, but...why not a sword, or a bow, or something cool?"

"I don't know how to use those."

"And you know how to use a machete?"

"I once killed a snake with one. Long story."

"And...you're not going to let us past."

"That'd kind of defeat the purpose of getting all suited up like this, wouldn't it?"

The third murderer shrugged. "You could always join us."

"Put those machete skills to good use," added the second.

"I've already got a use," the Ranger said, swinging wildly at the murderers.

"Pity," the first murderer said, walking backwards into the shadows. "This could've been a lot more fun. I suppose we'll have to kill you eventually."

The Ranger looked around. The murderers had faded into the shadows. "Wait!" he yelled suddenly, realizing that he still didn't know who they were. "Come back!"

But the only answer he got was a quiet laugh, so quiet he didn't know for sure whether or not he'd imagined it.

Starring

Tum as Frodo
Foley as Sam
Sally as Merry
Eomer as Pippin
G55 as Fredregar Bolger
Shasta as Legolas
Eruhen as Gimli
Eonwe as Boromir
Boro as Gandalf
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil
Nerwen as Galadriel

Dead

Lottie as The Director
Glirdy as Glorfindel the Ordo
Zil as Elrond the Ordo
McCaber as Aragorn the Ordo

Day 3 has begun.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #217
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

That's interesting, they must have gone for the revealed Eomer (are you doing the uncloaking now!? Unkilting? ), who was thus protected. I thought the wolves would have wanted to go down more honorably as I had Shasta on my night hunt, for whatever it's worth.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #218
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

So . . . either the wolves planned for the Ranger protecting the fake-revealing Eomer and attacked one of their own,

OR

Eomer is really the Seer and Nerwolf and Shastanis Wolfthreduin need to die,

OR

the wolves attacked somebody entirely different, who the Ranger protected. This is pretty much the least likely of the three after Eomer's reveal as Seer.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #219
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Oi! I was slow yesterday! Commenting about shouting about the Seer after a reveal!

Nice job, Ranger! Now, however true or false the reveals happen to be, you know one innocent...

Now, back to business. How likely are the options Bom listed?

a)Eomer is a fake-revealing wolf whom the wolves went after and the Ranger protected:

There is a chance that Eomer is a fake revealing wolf. However, if that is the case, I think that the intended target was not him but someone else altogether. If the victim-to-be was Eomer, the wolves probably thought that the Ranger would think that they would think the Ranger would protect Eomer and not protect him (what a brain-twister...), so they went for him. So did the Ranger.

The thing that really speaks for this argument is the slim chance of dreaming twice and getting 2 wolves - 100% efficiency! Pretty rare!

b) Eomer is the Seer who revealed Shasta and Nerwen as wolves:

The only way to prove it is to lynch one of them. Unless Eomer is the fake-revealing wolf described in (a) and revealed his packmates. Which could make things complicated.

c) The wolves and the Ranger had a target other than Eomer:

I also think this is the unlikeliest option. Whom? Not Boro (unless he's one of them, so then obviously not), since Eomer revealed two wolves, and one of them would be Boro's pick (which he says it was). Who else would be such a choice that both the wolves and the Ranger would pick them?

There is also the question that if Eomer really dreamed about Nerwen&Shasta and the wolves got scared - would they try to kill Eomer and thus doom two of them? However, it might save the last survivor. If they left Eomer alive, he might dream of the last wolf and hence leave no chances at all.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #220
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

I agree totally, G55 - regardless, the best way to be sure is to lynch Nerwen or Shasta, since no matter what happens, we have at least one known wolf.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #221
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
I agree totally, G55 - regardless, the best way to be sure is to lynch Nerwen or Shasta, since no matter what happens, we have at least one known wolf.
That's my plan.

OMG! Me and Bom actually agreed on something! What happened?

/kidding.

Now seriously. If the one that we lynch turns out to be a wolf, then the other is also. If not - Eomer is a fake revealing wolf.

Unless fake-revealing-Eomer revealed one wolf and one random innocent... uh-oh...

But I think the plan is still worth trying.

What do you others say?
Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #222
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'm not going to doubt Eomer's reveal at all, simply since it all fits together.

Remember my "apology" to the seer and Eomer replied how he thought the ranger would get a very good hint on who to protect next night. Then seeing as even though I said I would be placing him under closer watch, he was in absolutely no danger of being lynched. And a seer with 2 dreamt wolves, definitely a good time to come forwards.

I have no particular care for what order. I know Shasta said before he would be leaving on the big trip, so I doubt we'll be hearing from him at all, especially if he's an outed wolf. But that leaves Nerwen to mess around for a few days if she decides to want to have fun.

What we should get on with today is agree either lynch Nerwen or Shasta today. Get that settled and start looking for the 3rd wolfy.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:03 PM   #223
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

X'ed with G55. You're thinking too much in that post.

If Eomer is faking it then the real seer would be smart to step forward now. (Note though, that if you are Nerwen or Shasta I won't believe you. )
Old 07-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #224
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
X'ed with G55. You're thinking too much in that post.

If Eomer is faking it then the real seer would be smart to step forward now. (Note though, that if you are Nerwen or Shasta I won't believe you. )
True, that.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #225
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I don't know what Eomer's playing at, but I can assure you, he's not the Seer.

Ask yourselves why a Seer with two wolves in the bag, which he's apparently claiming, would spend the Day driving that hard to lynch an unknown– an absent one at that?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #226
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Ask yourselves why a Seer with two wolves in the bag, which he's apparently claiming, would spend the Day driving that hard to lynch an unknown– an absent one at that?
Yeah, that is one thing I found a bit strange. Dreaming you and Shasta is reasonable but that seemed like quite an odd tactic at the time.

Doesn't mean I trust you at all now, but you do make a fair point.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #227
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I asked myself that before. And I answered: we have 2 known wolves. We need to find the third. Eomer seemed genuinely curious about Cabbie's role. If he wasn't lynched, Eomer would have probably wasted a dream on him. Plus, his job as the Seer would be to find all wolves. He revealed 2 of them to the village - we can take care of them even without him. While he's still with us, he wants to find the last wolf.

Does this make any sense to you?

Anyways, if he is not the Seer, as you say, you and Shasta aren't wolves. We shall see when we find out your roles.

Edit: xed with Steve
Old 07-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #228
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Well, that was an interesting Night and this is turning out to be an interesting Day. I'm turning in the night, but I'll be back bright and early tomorrow to take a look at what's happening.

Continue discussing.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #229
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've been upstaged, and I don't like it.

Eomer better provide some bloody solid reasoning for his actions (or lack of actions) yesterDay, and he better provide it quick, because I don't know why he wouldn't have said what he did earlier in the Day if he was telling the complete truth.

I can't stay, alas. My people (read, campers) need me!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:56 PM   #230
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I asked myself that before. And I answered: we have 2 known wolves. We need to find the third. Eomer seemed genuinely curious about Cabbie's role. If he wasn't lynched, Eomer would have probably wasted a dream on him. Plus, his job as the Seer would be to find all wolves. He revealed 2 of them to the village - we can take care of them even without him. While he's still with us, he wants to find the last wolf.

Anyways, if he is not the Seer, as you say, you and Shasta aren't wolves. We shall see when we find out your roles.

Edit: xed with Steve
And he should have another dream for us today, who should be alive.

If it's the Ranger, probably best to keep quiet, but Eomer already knows what to do more than I do in this game.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #231
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Yeah, that is one thing I found a bit strange. Dreaming you and Shasta is reasonable but that seemed like quite an odd tactic at the time.

Doesn't mean I trust you at all now, but you do make a fair point.
Looking at how little was known about anybody, I think Eomer just chose the two best/most dangerous/sharpest/etc players according to his experience just to be on the safe side.

Doesn't mean that I trust Eomer completely, but he seems Seerish enough to me.

Edit: xed with Sally and Boro. Yay! People posting!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #232
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:

But think about it. Eomer's main contribution yesterDay was to steer the lynch right away from any of the people who had actually acted suspiciously (yes, including you, G55), and towards McCaber, who hadn't, but who had been implicated by Zil's death (which is to say, he was framed, as I believe I suggested earlier). Then, at the last minute, with the lynch assured, he suddenly "revealed' two people he'd never mentioned before as "wolves". I would suggest that this is the action of a wolf who knew that he and/or his packmate(s) would otherwise be in the fire toMorrow, and wanted to take down an extra innocent, and perhaps force a Seer-reveal.

EDIT:X'd since G55 at #227; grammar.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-31-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #233
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Looking at how little was known about anybody, I think Eomer just chose the two best/most dangerous/sharpest/etc players according to his experience just to be on the safe side.
Yeah, they make some of the sneakiest wolves ever, so it's not surprising that they were dreamed.

Also, while I'm inclined to believe Eomer's claim, at least for now, I still don't think the McCaber lynch was right. I mean, earlier on Eomer said something along the lines of "I'd really like to find out McCaber's role", and then uses everyone's trust to get them to attack McCaber, based on very little other than him being one of Inzil's suspects, when he is supposedly the Seer and could have let us kill a wolf to prove his seerdom. And that is why I'm still not sure how much I trust him.

And it's late now, and I don't think I can even type coherently, so I'm going to sleep now.

edit: x-ed with Nerwen, who makes a similar point but more violently.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #234
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I want to see what Eomer has to say in defense. His reasoning would be more accurate than mine.

Plus, if he's truly the Seer and the Ranger protected him last Night, he only has one Day left. Is it in our interests to waste a lynch opportunity on him?

Anyways, I'm in for the night. Wonder what happens to this game while I'm gone.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #235
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Morning.

I didn't go after Nerwen or Shasta at all yesterday, that's correct. They had barely posted anything on Day One. There was no, shall we say, evidence to look back upon. By leaving it until the last minute, we at least have both of their Day Two machinations to assess.

Sorry about McCaber being ordo after all, but I think his was a useful lynch - as he had been implicated by Zil's slaying.

By the way: Bom's innocent. And thanks, Ranger.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #236
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Not to mention the attention you'd grab from Nerwen and/or Shasta if you went after them when they had posted so little. No worries, , you played it right, the wolves are just jealous.

Hello, seniya, while I welcome you to our ghouly 'Downs website, you must be signed up ahead of time to participate in the Werewolf games. This one has already been going on for a few days, sit tight, I'm sure a new one will open up soon after.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #237
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Wolfirrim View Post
Sorry about McCaber being ordo after all, but I think his was a useful lynch - as he had been implicated by Zil's slaying.
Useful for you, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfimer
By the way: Bom's innocent. And thanks, Ranger.
So– is it you + Bom? Or are you trying to take innocent-Bom down with you? I wonder. Judging from Bom's posting toDay, I'm rather inclined to the former.

At least the third member of the pack is obvious:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniyajw View Post
That would be something, wouldn't it? But no, I'm sticking with one of the other three. Hmm. Reason might tell me to vote for Shasta, but my gut might tend toward Nog.....
++seniyajw Lynch him immediately!

EDIT:X'd with Boro.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:34 AM   #238
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I didn't go after Nerwen or Shasta at all yesterday, that's correct. They had barely posted anything on Day One. There was no, shall we say, evidence to look back upon. By leaving it until the last minute, we at least have both of their Day Two machinations to assess.
Yes, that is very true, and if you're talking to me, there's absolutely nothing I can criticise about that. What I was saying was a bit strange was the final "vote McCaber" stage in the last two minutes. You could've picked a known wolf, but instead picked someone you suspected. By tomorrow we could've had two known known wolves dead and an someone whose opinion we could trust as lacking in lycanthropy. But now we have less.

Conspiracy theory of the moment: What if Eomer and Boro are wolves?

edit: And yes, if you're the real seer, and not Eomer, you should've counter-revealed by now.

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-01-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:14 AM   #239
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Yes, that is very true, and if you're talking to me, there's absolutely nothing I can criticise about that. What I was saying was a bit strange was the final "vote McCaber" stage in the last two minutes. You could've picked a known wolf, but instead picked someone you suspected. By tomorrow we could've had two known known wolves dead and an someone whose opinion we could trust as lacking in lycanthropy. But now we have less.

Conspiracy theory of the moment: What if Eomer and Boro are wolves?

edit: And yes, if you're the real seer, and not Eomer, you should've counter-revealed by now.
I'd been hoping to avoid that, but you're right– I can't leave it any longer. This game is going to be a terrible blot on my Seer-ing record, I'm afraid.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:38 AM   #240
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Sorry to do this to you, Nerwen. Just be thankful the third wolf has eluded me. The game will go on.

Eonwe, I accept that criticism. I was unsure how to act the whole day, and then decided to reveal as late as possible. As it happened, you are correct: even in those last few moments, we could have lynched either Shasta or Nerwen.

I suppose there was a degree of selfishness on my part: I really wanted to know McCaber's role so pushed for it.