The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2020, 05:14 AM   #41
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Congrats, Boro, you got him out of retirement. I hope you don't regret it.
Never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Count me in as well, if there's still room.
Yes. I was hoping to hear back from you and that you would be able to join. There are a couple other familiar Downers, Eomer and Kuru, I sent word out to that said they were interested in checking it out.

And I'll get an updated draft of everything that's been discussed here in the next day or so.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:24 AM   #42
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boro, if there's just one day in the middle of the game when you can't make it to the deadline, I don't think that's a problem. I'm sure there has to be one 'downs ww player who can't/ doesn't want to play but would happily be your one time substitute mod and start the Day/Night if you leave them instructions.

I like the Beast Hunter; I'm not a big fan of the medium/representative thing to be entirely honest but that's just a personal preference - I think it would work nicely with this array of rules though.

As for the Nightmare wolf, I need to think about it a bit. My original fear was that we'd have a game where every Day some ordo claims to have been haunted and thus every Day the wolves have to decide whether they counter claim and put themselves in the spotlight or let it slip past and let the village have a "known innocent". That would really suck for the wolves. But the updated rules already look a lot more balanced.

I also think it would be interesting if the Nightmare wolf was a specific wolf and the wolves would need to strategize around sacrificing them.

PS. Wilwa and Nilp
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:03 PM   #43
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I believe Nog and Brinn still intend to to play again in June.
Yeah, I'm in.

Any chance I can request a slightly later deadline, say 10 pm GMT?
Old 05-26-2020, 05:30 AM   #44
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Yeah, I'm in.

Any chance I can request a slightly later deadline, say 10 pm GMT?
Welcome. And yes that was actually the time I was figuring on setting it, since it seems to be around then that works the best for everyone.

Except for our friends in the Phillipines ...but perhaps 6am is a little more manageable?

I updated a lot of the voting and general rules/Medium. I will be away for a bit today, but will get the rest of the specific roles set out later
Old 05-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #45
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ok the first post on the thread has been updated with everything we discussed.

If I missed anything let me know.

I think we'll begin Night 1 either June 3rd or 4th. Deadline for both threads will be 10 pm GMT (6pm EST)

I think there may be 1 or 2 more who possibly decide to sign up. So, Huey and Kath if you decide that it's not too large of a village for you there's definitely room to join. Let me know!
Old 05-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #46
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm happy to join! Just didn't want to take someone else's spot.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:21 AM   #47
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
And yes that was actually the time I was figuring on setting it, since it seems to be around then that works the best for everyone.

Except for our friends in the Phillipines ...but perhaps 6am is a little more manageable?
Speaking for myself and not for another mouse-like being, I'm fine with any time. My circadian cycle is all messed up anyway, haha...

Anyway, a bit of digression. Well, probably an above-average amount. Mere hours after I joined, this game/png-gambling simulator I'm playing suddenly had an event involving Werewolf. Reality is a badly-written stage play, I swear...

(It also has Phantom. )

Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:31 AM   #48
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry to be a party pooper, but I am not actually sure if I will be able to join this next game, especially with a big village. I will have to see how crazy my life is right before we start. Boro, could you please put me back under a questionmark?
Old 05-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #49
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I tried to be sensible, but even my wife says I should play, and who am I to argue with her? Also I'd bite myself in the butt, as we say in German, for missing this.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #50
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I tried to be sensible, but even my wife says I should play, and who am I to argue with her? Also I'd bite myself in the butt, as we say in German, for missing this.
Welcome, welcome. Sounds like you married a very sensible person

Night 1 will be June 3rd @10 pm GMT. Roles will be sent out a few hours before then.

Last edited by Boromir88; 05-28-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:47 PM   #51
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For my own wellbeing I think it's wiser for me to abstain this game, but I also see that we're just a couple players short of the cut off for the cool roles. I'm not gonna be the one to spoil that. I will drop out only if that doesn't affect the rules and roles.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #52
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
For my own wellbeing I think it's wiser for me to abstain this game, but I also see that we're just a couple players short of the cut off for the cool roles. I'm not gonna be the one to spoil that. I will drop out only if that doesn't affect the rules and roles.
Thank you for offering to step in, but Huey has said he would if no other vets return for a game. I think I've heard back from all of the ones I sent the game to, and Lhuna regrettably had to drop because her job has moved to not being work from home anymore.

Anyway, Huey was going to step in to give us 16, unless someone was going to surprise me tomorrow. So, if you'd still like to, you're definitely welcome, but don't feel responsible to join if there's other things going on that need your time and attention. I will say though that werewolf is usually a nice respite from RL for myself, not sure how others feel.

Roles will be PMed to everyone sometime Wednesday late afternoon. I'll be getting the Game Thread and Dead threads up and finished most likely tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:59 PM   #53
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I am glad we have enough faces. In that case, I will step out and haunt the thread as a completely neutral spirit. Unless things change and you meed another person last minute, in which case sign me up at any point, and I'll make do.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #54
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Sign-ups be closed.

Roles will be sent out within the next couple hours. Everyone will get a PM with their role.

Night 1 will officially start @10pm, but those with night time activities may begin talking when they receive their role.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:54 PM   #55
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

All roles have gone out. I will be posting a Night 1 narration shortly.

Those with night time activities may begin.

Day 1 will open tomorrow @10pm GMT
Old 06-04-2020, 01:41 PM   #56
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Wilwa's informed me that she unfortunately had to withdraw do to a family emergency.

Formendacil has been the upstanding gentleman I remembered him to be (or it could be I just pulled his leg hard enough) and agreed to fill in her spot.