The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2022, 08:10 PM   #1
Victariongreyjoy
Haunting Spirit

Victariongreyjoy has just left Hobbiton.
ROP might end with 3 seasons

The backlash still hasn't gone away. Even after the first season is done, there are articles nitpicking the show to pieces. Some harsher than others. Also, the there is barely any social buzz about ROP. All though the show is liked by many, it hasn't been the success Amazon really wanted it to be.

I personally feel Amazon might end the show with 3 seasons. Next season will be about forging of the 16 other rings and War of Eregion which is the rumored two-part episodes.

Season 3 will be the downfall of Numenor and Amazon might increase the the amount of episodes to wrap the whole thing up. I think season 3 might have 12-14 episodes. The 5 first episodes will be the corruption of Numenor by Sauron. Then you just need 1-2 episodes of Numenor sinking in the sea. Two episodes will be enough to show the establishment of the exiled-realms. The rest of season will be the preparation that will lead to the season finale being the War of the Last Alliances and Isildur taking the One Ring.
Victariongreyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:50 PM   #2
Michael Murry
Haunting Spirit

Michael Murry is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Finrod's Resurrection and "Second Coming"?

As the Chinese communists liked to say about the inextinguishable Confucian patriarchy: "The centipede is dead but not stiff." This cultural/entertainment corpse may appear cold and dead on a slab at the morgue, but "no one really ever dies in fantasy/science-fiction." Just ask Mr Spock.

Last edited by Michael Murry; 11-08-2022 at 07:48 PM.
Michael Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #3
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

That's still three seasons too many in my opinion.

Quote:
it hasn't been the success Amazon really wanted it to be.
Then they should have done a better and more respectful job.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 11-19-2022 at 11:06 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 04:07 PM   #4
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victariongreyjoy View Post
The backlash still hasn't gone away. Even after the first season is done, there are articles nitpicking the show to pieces. Some harsher than others. Also, the there is barely any social buzz about ROP. All though the show is liked by many, it hasn't been the success Amazon really wanted it to be.
This is basically how I feel. I constantly nitpick while watching it, and though I am entertained by the show, there is no buzz.

I do hope they get to wrap the story up somewhat neatly though.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 08:34 PM   #5
Michael Murry
Haunting Spirit

Michael Murry is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Some Wanderers ARE Truly Lost

I wanted to credit Tar Elenion for quoting "The Song of Aelfwine" in another thread which got me to analyzing the fourteen-line sonnet format (for the most part) employed in that poem: ababababcdcdcd. Moving away from the Elves and their hair styles, I got to thinking about this Rings of Impotence TV series and what three or more seasons of it might portend. That train of thought led to ...

Some Wanderers ARE Truly Lost

The proto-Hobbits wandered far
"None go off-trail! None left behind!"
(except the ones who do and are).
Creations of a muddled mind,
these "Harfoots," useless and bizarre,
invite the questions: "Why their kind?"
"How near rock bottom set the bar?"
"Script-writers' knickers in a bind?"
The female Frodo, female Sam;
the NAZGIRLS, wraiths without their rings;
befuddled Starman, "Who I am?";