Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #81
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boro's character bio has Rudy as being from Buckland.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #82
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Boro's character bio has Rudy as being from Buckland.
Funny. I don't know how I missed it. As soon as I read your question, I looked at his bio. I guess my only excuse is I was speed reading...
Old 11-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #83
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So how do Rudy, Mira and Hugo want to start things out? Buckland is not that small. There's Newbury, Crickhollow, Bucklebury, Standelf, and Brandy Hall just to name the most well marked. And there are farmsteads in the country between the River Brandywine and the Old Forest. Does Mira live with Rudy? And Boro, where were you thinking of Rudy living at?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #84
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am going to put in a save on the game thread. I will fill it in likely tomorrow after work. All that is needed is my post, then lommy's then we are into the next day, so if others can get a small post up this weekend, we can really begin to get started.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #85
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
LMP, Crickhollow sounds like a good place.

Quote:
And Boro, where were you thinking of Rudy living at?
That's what I was planning unless Finduilas had another one. I'll probably be able to get a post up tomorrow (which will actually be later today)...and to think I'm losing an hour.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #86
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I've filled my save, sorry for the wait. Lommy feel free to use Bunny as you need to, to bring the night to an end. I hope how I used Tansy is ok and I didn't bring her out of character.
I would like to add a few more characters to the mix the following day. and figure out a way they why they choose to come. Maybe Mira overhears Tansy and Bunny talking about it and she wants to come and confronts us, then of course Rudy would know and would not let her go alone and so forth. What do you think?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #87
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Which town do Fred and Tansy live in?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #88
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hugo is going to want to come with Rudy and Mira, but will have a "spell", being 100 years old, and his grandkin will react to that as they will....
Old 11-05-2007, 03:48 AM   #89
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Fred and Tansy live in Brandy Hall. I'll post as soon as possible.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:58 AM   #90
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Gwathagor... which day are you writing? The day after the day I and Valier are currently writing? I'm slightly confused...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 11-05-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:10 AM   #91
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Haha, Tansy's a bit neurotic... well, they say characters develop as you get to play them... so it seems...
Old 11-05-2007, 07:04 AM   #92
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Gwathagor... which day are you writing? The day after the day I and Valier are currently writing? I'm slightly confused...
I'd say, wouldn't it be better to keep a the story a little... consistent? I don't know how it works normally in the RPGs here, but when Brown's story does not have now the same place, at least the time could be kept the same (you know the Aristotelian principles of drama...). If you write something, you can after all save it somewhere in your computer and post it later when the next day starts. It could otherwise happen that suddenly we hear nothing about Brown for many posts because he'd be so ahead in time compared to the other characters. When the characters are all together, then of course nothing like this could occur, but in this phase when most of the characters need to be introduced yet, at least the timeline should be held the same for all the characters, despite they are at different places (Shire does not have several timezones).

Just my opinion, though - it's not my RPG and my character is not yet present, but I'm saying what I think. If someone comes and wants to read the RPG later, he can be a little confused.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #93
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thumbs up

Yes I agree the posting is a little out of whack. I will see if we can get Pio to rearrange them a bit to put Lommy's post after mine.

I would like to introduce new characters this day. I guess since Brown is almost to Buckland, we can have him. I also want to get the family in there, or at least one of them to start with. Let me know how you guys want this to go. If not I will just tell someone to post...

Last edited by Valier; 11-05-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #94
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Sorry! First time and all. I'll take mine out and put in back in later.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #95
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Haha, Tansy's a bit neurotic... well, they say characters develop as you get to play them... so it seems...
Neurotic? Just mostly responsible with an irresponsible streak....
Old 11-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #96
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lommy's post now follows Valier's - HERE.

-----

Gwathagor - I restored your last post.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 PM   #97
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor
Sorry! First time and all.
Don't be sorry, your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated!!

Ok so we are on to the next day, I am sure Tansy and Bunny will have some planning to do, but we need to get more characters involved. Since Brown is almost in Buckland, we should have Hugo, Mira and Rudy post getting them on their way to meet up with Bunny and Tansy, then we can go to see Peony for some supplies. Micheal, we will meet a bit later on I believe. So lets see what we can get going. Don't want people getting bored waiting to post...
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #98
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Who wants to start? I had better not; I have a tendency to put too many words in the mouths of other characters and get carried away and then I have to clean up afterwards; so if Boro &/or Findy can post before I do, that would help put reasonble limits on my enthusiasm.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #99
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I have a tendancy to have the same problem LMP

Editing as I just thought of something new...

Finduilas and I, seem to both agree that Mira is excited about going on the adventure and Rudy (being the protective older brother) goes along to watch out for her. So, maybe it would be best for Finduilas to start off and, I'll have Rudy follow, then Hugo? Does that sound good to everyone?

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-06-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #100
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thumbs up

sounds super good to me Boro.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #101
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
So you want my post next? Would Mira know what Tansy and Bunny are doing? Does she know anything about this adventure? I don't know if I've not been paying attention, or if I just don't get maps, but about how much mileage is there between Tansy and Bunny, and my (Hilldwellers) house? Where would I start?

~Finduilas~
Old 11-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #102
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I think the best thing would be to have like a first post from Mira and Rudy and Hugo, Write like you are planning to go and visit Tansy and her family. (that is what you "guys" were doing right?) then the three of you can post a few posts getting you to Tansy's. While you are doing that, Lommy and I can post a few more posts, having us getting ready and looking for supplies. Then I thought the family would show up and slightly "mess" up our plans, seeing as we wanted to keep it secret. We could be secretly talking about it and Mira hears, then we can go from there.
And I am not that good with maps myself, perhaps someone else knows how long it would take.

I think just post like you have no idea what we have planned, just get yourselves to Brandyhall and then we can have Mira find out about it. I think perhaps Lommy could mention getting something from Peony and we could have her enter the story as well.

Does all this make sense?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #103
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So I will start the morning of the day after Bunny arrives at Tansy's house? Should I write it as Hugo is planning on driving his ponys, taking Mira and Rudy with him? That way, no matter how far we are from each other, it wont take to long.

Oh, and LMP, would you like Hugo called Grandfather, Grandpapa, Grandpa, Grandpa Hugo, Hugo or what?

Last edited by Finduilas; 11-07-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #104
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Oh, and LMP, would you like Hugo called Grandfather, Grandpapa, Grandpa, Grandpa Hugo, Hugo or what?
"Gaffer Hugo", in good Shire fashion.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #105
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Right. Of course...
Old 11-08-2007, 01:25 AM   #106
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
I think just post like you have no idea what we have planned, just get yourselves to Brandyhall and then we can have Mira find out about it. I think perhaps Lommy could mention getting something from Peony and we could have her enter the story as well.
So Tansy should knwo Peony? Kitanna, would it be ok if Tansy and Peony were friends (but not very close frends)?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #107
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
So Tansy should knwo Peony? Kitanna, would it be ok if Tansy and Peony were friends (but not very close frends)?
I was thinking along the same lines. Does this work for you Kitanna?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #108
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
That would work well for me. I was just trying to figure out the best place and time to make my first post (seeing as she has no real connection with anyone). But if her and Tansy were friends that would be easier to bring Peony into the group.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #109
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
That would work well for me. I was just trying to figure out the best place and time to make my first post (seeing as she has no real connection with anyone). But if her and Tansy were friends that would be easier to bring Peony into the group.
Kitanna, I've tried to build a connection between Hugo, Rudy, Mira, and Peony. Peony's father is Sancho Chubb, and Rufus and Mira's mother is Rosemary Chubb. I suggested that Rosemary and Sancho were sister and brother and that Hugo, my character, was their father. Which would make Peony first cousin to both Rudy and Mira. It also makes Hugo Peony's Gaffer on her father's side. Is that acceptable to you?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #110
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

If we could get Mira, Rudy and Hugo's posts up by this weekend, that would be great. I will post shortly about Bunny and Tansy making some plans, but we need to get this going just a little faster or we may never meet any Entwives....
Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #111
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have a first post abuilding, and I'm having fun with it. Mosy, his pony, and Snatch, his dog, are going to add a little pizzazz to Hugo's retirement.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #112
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Kitanna, I've tried to build a connection between Hugo, Rudy, Mira, and Peony. Peony's father is Sancho Chubb, and Rufus and Mira's mother is Rosemary Chubb. I suggested that Rosemary and Sancho were sister and brother and that Hugo, my character, was their father. Which would make Peony first cousin to both Rudy and Mira. It also makes Hugo Peony's Gaffer on her father's side. Is that acceptable to you?
My apologies LMP for completely missing that post about forming a connection (not entirely sure how I managed that), but family ties between Rudy, Mira, and Peony (and let's not forget Hugo) is a very good idea.
I was just floating around for a while trying to figure out a way to bring Peony into the adventure. I thought since Rudy and Mira were Rosemary Chubb's children Peony could be a distant third or forth cousin, but having her be a first cousin works out much better. And also having a friendship with Tansy works out quite nicely.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #113
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I was thinking of haveing Mira randomly decide to visit Tansy, and asking Gaffer Hugo to drive her, and "dragging" along Rudy(I haven't had any ideas on why he would accompany us). Maybe, if necassary, we could get Peony too?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:32 AM   #114
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I can think of a "typical overbearing older brother" reason: Rudy hears that Bunny's behind the whole thing and rolls his eyes; hears that Tansy is leaving her responsibilities and furrows his brow; hears that his own first cousin Peony who ought to be more sensible is going too; and when Mira says she wants to join, well, that's the last straw! Four hobbit girls off into the wild? Someone more sensible than the lot of them needs to be around to talk some sense into them and protect them. I can see Rudy coming along with these kinds of ideas in mind.

Um, I'm going to try and put up a bit of an introductory post now; if there's anything I need to change, let me know. I'm thinking that Gaffer Hugo is going to want to go along on this little jaunt to prove them all wrong that Entwives exist at all (and secretly hope they do).
Old 11-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #115
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Good post.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #116
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #117
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a post, but my writing program is malfunctioning, and I don't have time today to retype it up. I'll get it up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #118
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
I can think of a "typical overbearing older brother" reason: Rudy hears that Bunny's behind the whole thing and rolls his eyes; hears that Tansy is leaving her responsibilities and furrows his brow; hears that his own first cousin Peony who ought to be more sensible is going too; and when Mira says she wants to join, well, that's the last straw! Four hobbit girls off into the wild? Someone more sensible than the lot of them needs to be around to talk some sense into them and protect them. I can see Rudy coming along with these kinds of ideas in mind.
Hahaha, should he let that reasoning out of his mouth I'd love to see Tansy's expression and hear her comments!

This truly looks great.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #119
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My post is up. Tansy lives at Brandy Hall right? If I'm wrong, I'll edit it.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #120
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And I will follow sometime this afternoonish when the remainder of my day is free.