The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-04-2003, 02:36 PM   #1
Emni Windrunner
Haunting Spirit

Emni Windrunner has just left Hobbiton.
Sting The LOTR: TTT (movie only) Drinking Game for Dry Townies

Alternate Thread Title: Why Emni Should Not Get Snowed in for Three Days Straight

Yes, the brain has been contemplating drinking games again, and you can blame the Blizzard of '03 that struck a couple of weeks ago. No power, no heat, no way out, and nothing to do except think of all sorts of odd things that I could later refine and inflict on all of you. So here you go: the fruit of my labors, a suitable drinking game for teetotalers and college students in dry towns.

TAKE A DRINK WHEN...

The Ents show up at Helm's Deep.

Narsil is re-forged, shown, or even mentioned.

Shelob makes an appearance.

Gollum is admitted to a mental institution and treated for dissociative personality disorder.

Frodo observes that they have "stopped for lunch forty-nine times".

It is explained how Haldir of Lorien was sent to Helm's Deep by Elrond of Rivendell.

We are told why Gimli is the one to sound the Horn of Helm Hammerhand.

Eowyn leads the people to Dunharrow.

When Sam observes at Osgiliath that he and Frodo shouldn't even be there, a book-reading fan comes onscreen, gives him a high-five, and calls out a resounding "Amen!"

The Ents march to war without Pippin having to trick Treebeard into going south.

Faramir proves to be different from Boromir--from the very beginning.

When Gollum returns with the rabbits, Sam becomes horrified and screams, "You just killed Babs and Buster, you psycho!"

Following Helm's Deep, Aragorn is having a conversation with Legolas and "accidentally" mentions a certain Dwarf-tossing episode.

Eomer speaks ill of Galadriel and is threatened with the prospect of learning the praises of a lady beneath the loving strokes of a Dwarf's axe.

Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli decide (after their dramatic entrance at Meduseld) that they are better suited for Jackie Chan movies than for epic fantasy films. They are replaced for the rest of the trilogy by Hawthorne, Legoland, and Gimlet.

Legolas and Gimli discuss plans to go to Bree after the war and start a duo stand-up comedy routine at the Prancing Pony.

Legolas confesses (after his shield-down-the-stairs move) that he has been the Misty Mountains snowboarding champion for two millennia straight.

After Treebeard steps on the Orc, Mery winces and says, "That's going to leave a mark!"

When Shadowfax comes running up the hill, Gandalf grins and says, "Lassie!"

At Osgiliath, when Sam asks Frodo where he's going, Frodo replies, "The fridge, man. I got the munchies."

Arwen arrives at the Grey Havens.

Heck, Arwen arrives anywhere.

Upon arriving at the edge of Fangorn, Aragorn looks appraisingly at the Uruk head-on-a-pike and says, "Cool. That would look great in my living room!"

Someone warns Eowyn that she doesn't stand a chance with Aragorn (due to a certain Elf chick), and she should consider Faramir as an alternative.

Wormtongue tries to brain Gandalf with the palantir.

Wormtongue drops his candle into that nice little pile of black rocks and Orthanc becomes a pile of rubble before the Ents even arrive.

An Orc at Helm's Deep goes rushing through the ranks carrying a torch, dodges some arrows, keeps going even after Legolas shoots him, reaches the wall...and dashes up the stairs to light the Olympic torch.

When Treebeard emerges from Fangorn with Merry and Pippin, he finds Smokey Bear there, setting up a sign that reads, "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires".

We actually see Gimli pushing off of him two dead Wargs and a dead Orc.

Following the above feat, Gimli confesses that he can bench press four hundred pounds.

We actually see a Dwarf woman.

We discover that Gimli is a Dwarf woman.

Faramir confesses that the only reason he asked for word from his scouts was to give movie viewers a peek at a map.

In the opening sequence, one of the members of the Fellowship gets a funny look on his face and says, "I have this really weird feeling of deja vu. Have we been here before?"

When Sam and Frodo admire Gollum's ability to climb up and down cliffs, he brags that it's a side-effect of his having been bitten by a radioactive spider in his youth.

Theoden stands on the Deeping Wall and yells to the Orcs, "Come on guys, can't we all just get along?"

Saruman gets worried and consults the Weird Sisters, who assure him that he need have no fear until Fangorn Wood shall come to Isengard.

After his fall following Gandalf's liberation of Theoden, Saruman gets a lawyer and a neck brace, then files a lawsuit against Gandalf the Grey for pain, suffering, and lost wages.

Gandalf gets out of the above suit because he is no longer Gandalf the Grey.

As the Orc army marches out of Isengard, Carl the Guard chases Yako, Wacko, and Dot Warner across a hill in the background.

After Helm's Deep, Haldir jumps up from the pile of bodies and yells, "Gotcha!"

Frodo (or anyone else, for that matter) puts on the Ring.

Legolas, fed up with having to comb out his hair in between scenes, goes out and gets dredlocks.

In the midst of his orders to the Elvish warriors, Aragorn adds, "And let's kick some Orc butt!"

As Aragorn and Gimli are being pulled up the Deeping Wall, Fezzick, Inigo, Vizini, and Buttercup pass them on another rope about five feet away, followed shortly thereafter by a masked man in black.

Gandalf unleashes a fire extinguisher on the Balrog.

Smokey Bear joins the Ents in charging Isengard.

After jumping off the cliff, the Warg returns to his den with Aragorn and says, "Mommy, can I keep him? He followed me home."

It is pointed out that the Southrons marching through Ithilien look a lot like Shredder's footsoldiers.

Three words: Arwen, Warrior Princess (Emni's fingers are crossed that this will continue to be the case.)

Eowyn says something civil to Wormtongue.

Eomer says something civil to Wormtongue.

Heck, anyone says something civil to Wormtongue.

We discover that Wormtongue is a victim of society, whose villainy is ultimately the fault of his parents, teachers, and anyone else available for blame.

Sam refers to the Shire as the "Goon-docks".

Gollum discovers cough drops and speaks in a clear baritone for the rest of the trilogy.

A fleck of dust or ash gets into the Eye of Sauron, causing it to water, which in turn causes it to go out.

Someone says, "Hey, Mikey!" and both Sam and Frodo look up.

[ April 04, 2003: Message edited by: Emni Windrunner ]
Old 04-04-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

HAAHAAAHAAAAA!! Thats great!!!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 04, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Evenstar the Fair ]
Old 04-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #3
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two months later: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*dies*
Old 04-04-2003, 04:52 PM   #4
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Location: Somewhere between the back of the chair and the monitor
Sleeping Beauty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Tolkien

lol...That was great. Though I noticed someone has spent a lot of time watching cartoons. *grins* [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Legolas confesses (after his shield-down-the-stairs move) that he has been the Misty Mountains snowboarding champion for two millennia straight.
*is still grinning at the thought of Legolas doing the X-Games* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh great, now I have the image of Legolas with a fisherman's hat over his long blond hair, baggy jeans, a rock band's shirt, those flat bottom skateboard shoes, and a skateboard under his arm....~_~;
Old 04-04-2003, 09:41 PM   #5
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh my gawd! Those were great! Ah...they brightened up my dry, dry day.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 09:47 PM   #6
Emni Windrunner
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Actually, much to my dismay and neverending grief, I haven't seen an episode of either Tiny Toons or Animaniacs since high school (and I'm kind of old). Alas and alack! But they left quite the impression on me, apparently.

And can I just say, the mental image of Legolas as a skater boy is rather disturbing. (shudder)

I'm very sorry you died Sapphire, though I hope you died happy.

[ April 04, 2003: Message edited by: Emni Windrunner ]
Old 04-04-2003, 10:12 PM   #7
Estella Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Estella Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Estella Brandybuck
Sting

Quote:
It is pointed out that the Southrons marching through Ithilien look a lot like Shredder's footsoldiers.
Thank you! *takes a swig* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Although I noticed it more with the ones outside of the Black Gate... I was sitting in the theatre, surrounded by strangers, and I start snickering while fighting back the urge to cry out "SHREDDER CLONES!". I got funny looks from the other movie patrons. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Goon-docks... HEHEHE!
"But the Rohirrim sang no more. Death they cried with one voice loud and terrible, and gathering speed like a great tide their battle swept about their fallen king and passed, roaring away southwards." - RotK

Do you enjoy reading and writing LotR fanfiction?
Estella Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:13 PM   #8
Elotareth
Animated Skeleton

Elotareth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought we were all dead anyway.
Matthew 28:20
"Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king"
Elotareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #9
Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Haunting Spirit

Saurannûn the Wood Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Sting

Quote:
As Aragorn and Gimli are being pulled up the Deeping Wall, Fezzick, Inigo, Vizini, and Buttercup pass them on another rope about five feet away, followed shortly thereafter by a masked man in black.
Didn't Fezzick CARRY Inigo, Vizini and Buttercup up the cliff? It's been a while since I watched that movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2003, 03:10 PM   #10
Emni Windrunner
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Yes, Fezzic carried the others, but since they're all with Fezzic, they, too, would go past Aragorn and Gimli.
(The Princess Bride was the first movie I watched after power was restored, so I know that for a fact.)
Old 04-05-2003, 06:32 PM   #11
Faybevin Bombadil
Pile O'Bones

Faybevin Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Those were great! Unfortunately, I never watch cartoons so some of them did go over my head. Haha ... I'm still laughing

Love,
Faybevin

[EDIT]: Ooooh, I just got the Princess Bride one. I didn't recognize the names! That's a good one!!

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: Faybevin Bombadil ]
Her golden locks flowed behind her, bare of beads or braids. Naked shoulders led to elegant sleeves of forest green whilst her skirt was made of the same. Golden sheer was tied bout her waist and her feet were bare and everdancing, her mouth open in sweetest song.
Faybevin Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:59 PM   #12
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Off-topic, but welcome to the Barrow-Downs, Faybevin!

Take a drink when Legolas faceplants while running after the Uruks.

Hell, take a drink when Legolas faceplants ANYTIME!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 03:02 PM   #13
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

*cough gasp* Don't worry, I'm not quite dead yet. Or, well, I was dead, but I got better! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] j/k We are all dead here!

Quote:
A fleck of dust or ash gets into the Eye of Sauron, causing it to water, which in turn causes it to go out.
Never mind. *dies again*

[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 04-15-2003, 04:02 PM   #14
Emni Windrunner
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I thought of a couple more (no, there wasn't another snow storm, just a couple of idle minutes during which I had nothing better to do with my existence):

When Merry says that there was something in the trees of the Old Forest that made them come alive, Pippin gives him a worried look and says, "Merry, most trees are alive."

Arwen rolls her eyes and tells Elrond that she's old enough to make life decisions for herself, and if he doesn't like her boyfriend, tough cookies; that's his problem.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:40 PM   #15
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
"Merry, most trees are alive."
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2003, 11:20 PM   #16
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Gollum discovers cough drops and speaks in a clear baritone for the rest of the trilogy
For some reason i got an image of Gollum speaking how that jim carrey does in AV 2 when he goes, 'theres-something on the wing- some-thing!':
Frodos-got my precious-my-precious!
Don't ask, im just weird! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2003, 03:51 PM   #17
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Quote:
"Merry, most trees are alive."
I really expected him to say that when I first saw TTT!!!!!!

Now that's going to haunt me.....
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote