The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #401
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sally

Day 1

#26 - gets in character

#27 - more in character

Day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Please excuse my absence. I was mobbed by the paparazzi. I'm sure you all know what it's- Oh. Right. Never mind then.

So our intrepid Boromir claims to be the hunter then? How interesting. I don't expect anyone will contest his claims even if he is laying, so I think we should leave him alone for toDay and see what happens.
Hmmmmmmm...mmmm.....

Quote:
++G55

She reminds me far too much of Wolfadriel, and I'll admit I don't have time to study the thread too closely. It's sort of a gut vote, but what I've seen supports it. Let's hope I'm right.

I likely won't be back toDay, as I'll be confined to my phone and the signal is rubbish at camp. Behave while I'm gone, and don't try to steal away my loyal fans.

*poses for the cameras, walks off*

Also, we need to have a talk about this script. There aren't nearly enough opportunities for Merry to fell a troll or kick a ball in a heroic fashion. Isn't this supposed to be an action movie?
More stuff in character. As for the vote - well, gut votes are just that. I'll forgive you this time, Sally.

Day 3

Quote:
I've been upstaged, and I don't like it.

Eomer better provide some bloody solid reasoning for his actions (or lack of actions) yesterDay, and he better provide it quick, because I don't know why he wouldn't have said what he did earlier in the Day if he was telling the complete truth.

I can't stay, alas. My people (read, campers) need me!
Suspicions on Seeromer? It's something mutual. But could just as well be a wolf trying to save her packmates. If Sally would have succeeded in getting others to take that attitude, we'd be an extra innocent down.

Then she disappears until shortly before DL.

Quote:
WHAT IS THIS INSANITY?!?!?!

Seriously, I have no idea what's going on, and I don't have the time or energy to figure it out tonight.

++Boro

....Because if he's the hunter and he dies, at least he'll be able to make a more solid judgement call than I can at present.

I'll review all this tomorrow and have more to offer, but for now, I'm out. :/
If I was a sallywolf, I would vote for Shasta. Even without the knowledge of what's going on, this would have been the safest thing to do, as then you bled in with many other people. However, sally's vote was, to say the least, out of the blue.

So, in other words, IMO this vote points more to an innocent sally.

Day 4

Quote:
Well, I'm back.

What's that look for? With this many people being killed, it's up to me to cover their parts!

I'm sorry about yesterDay, but there was legitimately no time for me to see who was telling the truth, so I had to go for the lesser of two stupids. I should be here solidly for the rest of the game, however, and would love to help catch the last killer.

Hey, maybe it's Foley. I even have most of her lines memorized.

Also, the ranger (whoever they really are) is in a bit of trouble....
I have to admit I got a little lost in that simple explanation. "lesser of two stupids" - is that more IC? I don't really get that random jump on Foley, so I'll pass it off as a joke for now.

#381 - votes Nerwolf.

Quote:
Foley, you simply must be joking.

When I voted, I said that it was to be sure that I didn't (essentially) screw up. I'd seen Boro's reveal beforehand and believed it enough that I could vote him, knowing he would be keeping up and would make a good choice for hunt pick if he was lynched. I've suggested killing the hunter to get information in previous games, so it's hardly unprecedented. Would you prefer I chose a side at random and facilitated the lynching of the seer? I mean really. Come on now. You're talking like I voted for a revealed ranger. I voted for the hunter. They're supposed to die.

And there was no way for me to catch up and figure out which side was telling the truth; I barely had phone service yesterDay, so I had to post when I could, without the luxury of being able to look back and see what who had posted. I knew there was a reveal and a counter-reveal, but it was all so silly I couldn't keep it straight.

Sorry for snapping, but that case is ridiculous and you know it.
Sounds fairly reasonable, even if a bit too heated.

So once again my colclusion is indefinite. Sometimes Sally looks like a wolf, and sometimes like a busy innocent.

I'll take a little break now, and then get back to analysing. I would really appreciate it if someone helped me. (Even if it's me that you analyse, if the mere look of 70+ posts doesn't scare you away )

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-03-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #402
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, for the love of cupcakes. I finally read (most of) the thread in its entirety, and am dying of laughter. This has been truly inconceivable, and I've missed most of it!

Things I know:
Nerwen: wolf
Shasta: wolf
Eomer: seer
Bom: ranger
Boro: hunter
Sally: ordo

Things I think:
Eruhen: new kid, leaning innocent
Tum: quick to validate my absence, which could be either innocent or an attempt at camaraderie with an innocent so I don't suspect her
Foley: misguided, possible wolf by virtue of making a ridiculous case, but likely not
Steve: possible wolf (lack of vibes)
Galadriel: possibly innocent, although I still have a definite niggle of suspicion

Gah. That didn't really help me much. I'll have to look a bit closer when I have time later on. However, at the moment, my top suspects are Steve and Galadriel.

Or, you know, Nerwen could just cave and tell us. That would be lovely.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #403
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, I looked at Foley, and it seems to me that there's nothing to analyse. All my comments end up sounding like "fair point" or "reasonable enough".

For now, though....:

Quote:
Oh, for the love of cupcakes. I finally read (most of) the thread in its entirety, and am dying of laughter. This has been truly inconceivable, and I've missed most of it!
But you haven't missed the best part of all. It is now high time for me to tell you all that I am the real moddess in this game. Let the Revels continue! *hides behind a trailer before Modlote can modfire her*

Quote:
Gah. That didn't really help me much. I'll have to look a bit closer when I have time later on. However, at the moment, my top suspects are Steve and Galadriel.
I can see why you suspect me, and kinda-see why you suspect Eonwe...

Quote:
Or, you know, Nerwen could just cave and tell us. That would be lovely.
And I would believe her with all my heart and put faith in her words.

She already called me a wolf. You would believe her in this one, right? ;-)

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-03-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling yet again...
Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #404
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sally, I wasn't really joking, no. I was just observing it from my point of view. I would not have behaved as you did.

Not much activity today, huh? I just got back from the dentist, so you can imagine how I feel.

Nerwen, really? A spin off of Peregrin's bath song? That's just disturbing and gross. I am REALLY not into this whole gory, bloody stuff.

I haven't voted, yet, have I? Better deal with that.

++Nerwen
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #405
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Really? No one? There's just a bit over an hour left of the Day, and everything is so quiet.

Maybe it's because most people voted early for Nerwolf, who, I'm sure, is having lots of fun watching us debate over the 3rd Wolfeteer. Stop laughing at us, you evil Hound of Sauron! Your minutes are numbered!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-03-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #406
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
But you haven't missed the best part of all. It is now high time for me to tell you all that I am the real moddess in this game. Let the Revels continue! *hides behind a trailer before Modlote can modfire her*
And I am the last wolf.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #407
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Maybe it's because most people voted early for Nerwolf, who, I'm sure, is having lots of fun watching us debate over the 3rd Wolfeteer. Stop laughing at us, you evil Hound of Sauron! Your minutes are numbered!

I doubt she's laughing. She's facing the noose (or worse options). It's probably the third wolf that's laughing.

Either that, or shaking in his boots.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #408
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I doubt she's laughing. She's facing the noose (or worse options). It's probably the third wolf that's laughing.

Either that, or shaking in his boots.
Or her boots. And she's laughing when facing the noose because she knows it's unescapable and just wants to have a few more moments of fun. See her posts toDay for proof.

Anyways, I'm glad you're around. Seems like the first time that half an hour before DL doesn't bring a shower of posts...
Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #409
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
One other thing: Bom, if you really are the Ranger, then what are your opinions on people?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #410
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
One other thing: Bom, if you really are the Ranger, then what are your opinions on people?
And Boro the Hunters?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #411
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
And Boro the Hunters?
That's more dangerous for him to divulge because then it's easier for the wolves to know when not to kill him.

I mean, it should be ok if he gives general thoughts, but he can't get too specific about who he finds most suspicious.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #412
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
That's more dangerous for him to divulge because then it's easier for the wolves to know when not to kill him.

I mean, it should be ok if he gives general thoughts, but he can't get too specific about who he finds most suspicious.
True that. But we'll probably hear neither toDay... Getting late!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #413
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
DL - stop talking.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #414
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
True that. But we'll probably hear neither toDay... Getting late!
Definitely not now... I suppose I should've thought of that earlier...

edit: ah, x-ed with the Moddess
Old 08-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #415
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

After pulling down Eomer's body and dropping it into a bottomless pit, the cast circled around Nerwen.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"You killed him," Sally said.

"Don't be silly," Nerwen said.

"We'd have to be silly to let you live," Foley said.

"How should we kill her?" Eonwe asked.

"I'm partial to blood," Nerwen said.

"That's disgusting," Galadriel said.

"But oh so much fun," Nerwen said.

Tum shuddered. "Thank goodness we caught her when we did," she said. "Poor Eomer!"

"Poor us," Boro said. "There's one more actor here who isn't what they seem."

"It's Eruhen!" Nerwen said. "He's The Phantom."

"You mean he's dead?" Bom asked.

"No, no," Sally said. "The Phantom, not a phantom - and we shouldn't listen to that murderer!"

Nerwen laughed, and kept laughing, even as the rest of the cast broke branches from off the trees in the Old Forest set.

"Oh, you're in trouble now," Nerwen said. "The trees will get you - or at least my fellow murderer will!"

The cast poked her with branches until she walked into the river from the Buckleberry Ferry set. They used them to keep her underwater until she stopped moving, and then a little longer, just to be sure. They let the body wash downriver, unwilling to give a murderer an honorable burial.

Starring

Tum as Frodo
Foley as Sam
Sally as Merry
G55 as Fredregar Bolger
Eruhen as Gimli
Eonwe as Boromir
Boro as Gandalf
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil

Dead

Lottie as The Director
Glirdy as Glorfindel the Ordo
Zil as Elrond the Ordo
McCaber as Aragorn the Ordo
Shasta as Legolas the Murderer
Eomer as Pippin the Seer
Nerwen as Galadriel the Murderer

Night 5 has begun.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #416
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Narration to follow - I got on late by accident (reading a book, time got away from me, you know how it is ). I won't tell you who died yet. It's just too good to tell in any way other than a narration.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #417
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

That Night, the last murderer crept out of bed and followed the river downstream untilit flowed under the iron fence around the set. When a quick scan didn't reveal Nerwen's body anywhere, the murderer was forced to admit that the body was lost, and a proper burial couldn't happen. All the more resentful of the rest of the cast, the murderer walked back towards the trailers and stopped in what was basically the center, looking around.

"Eenie, meanie, miney, mo," the murderer said, pointed between the different trailers. "Pick an actor by the toe. If he hollers, kill him slow. Eenie, meanie, miney mo." After a pause, the murderer added under his/her breath, "I think I just creeped myself out..."

But, creepings aside, the trailer - and thus the victim - had been selected. The murderer went to kick in the door, hestitated, and used the doorknob instead - no reason to alert all the rest of the cast at the same time. The murderer crept over to where the victim was sleeping and threw a pillow over Boro's face, unaware that Boro had taken to sleeping with a knife on hand.

Foley gasped as Boro's knife dug into her belly. "You...you murderer!" she whimpered.

"Oh, you're one to talk," Boro grumbled.

Foley slumped against the wall opposite Boro.

"My only question is, why'd you do it?" Boro asked, sitting up. "You had to know we wouldn't take it lying down."

"You...were...lying down," Foley gasped. "All of you were...when we killed you."

"Not the point."

"The...Director told us to."

"So you killed her?"

"She's not dead. We never killed her. She helped us...fake her own death. You were the first ones to...kill anyone."

"But we weren't the only ones. You killed too."

"Out of...self-preservation," Foley gasped out, her face starting to turn white. "And...revenge."

"So we're all murderers," Boro said. "But here's the difference...we're murderers who survived."

Foley glared. "How...dare..." her mouth opened and closed, but she couldn't muster the air to talk - she could barely breathe. Instead she closed her eyes, pulled the knife from her stomach, and flung it at Boro. She was aiming for his head. She hit his throat.

When the rest of the cast found the two bodies the next day, they also found the Director sitting nearby, carefully avoiding the blood-stained walls, floor, and sheets.

"Well done," she told them. The cast started blankly at her. "You won," she said. "And the show got tons of viewers - enough to justify a Season Two! Your acting carrers will, I'm sure, recieve a sizeable boost from your stint here. Now run along home."

"So this wasn't real?" Galadriel55 finally asked.

"Oh, no, it was real," the Director said.

"The public is okay with everyone dying?" Sally asked. "Glirdy, Zil, McCaber, Eomer - no one cares that they're dead?"

"Not really," the Director said. "They're used to watching violence. Most of them probably didn't even notice that we didn't say 'no one was harmed in the making of this show'."

"We'll tell them. You'll never get your Season Two. You'll go to jail!" Eruhen said.

"And you'll go to jail for killing Glirdy, McCaber, Shasta, and Nerwen," the Director said. "Run along, now. The gate's open. Go have nice little lives or some such. Enjoy your victory."

"It's a pretty hollow victory!" Eonwe protested.

"Then enjoy your survival," the Director said. "I don't really care what you do, just go do it."

And they did.

Starring

Tum as Frodo the Ordo
Foley as Sam the Murderer (Night 5)
Sally as Merry the Ordo
G55 as Fredregar Bolger the Ordo
Eruhen as Gimli the Ordo
Eonwe as Boromir the Ordo
Boro as Gandalf the Hunter (Night 5)
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil the Ranger
Glirdy as Glorfindel the Ordo (Day 1)
Zil as Elrond the Ordo (Night 2)
McCaber as Aragorn the Ordo (Day 2)
Shasta as Legolas the Murderer (Day 3)
Eomer as Pippin the Seer (Night 4)
Nerwen as Galadriel the Murderer (Day 4)
Lottie as The Director

Village wins.
Wolves lose.

The End.

Last edited by Loslote; 08-04-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #418
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Boro FTW! I'm glad I didn't protect you.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #419
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
BAM. THAT IS ALL.

I already glomped Boro via text, but I wanted to congratulate all the other innocents as well.

P.S. Bom was an ordo?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #420
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
P.S. Bom was an ordo?
Oh, thanks! Fixed.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #421
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Yay villagers!!! :D

Foley?! I'd never believe that! That's it! I'm not sining up for your game!...

...Or, actually, I am.

You know, Lottie, when you posted that you had to write a narration, I thought that it was a scene where Bom Rangerdillo stopped the last wolf from committing suicide!

Eomer, from now on you'll never ever be on my "ordo" list. Either wolf or gifted. Amazing Seering this game!

Boro, how on earth did you guess it was Foley? Another eenie-meanie-miney-moe?
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #422
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Nice job, village, especially the Gifteds!
Something told me to stay away from Boro and Bom on Day 1. Hence, the last-minute vote for McCaber.

I'm interested to know if it was my Seer hints that led to my demise. As an ordo, I don't tend to be terribly useful to the village, in my judgment, so I thought I'd try something new and see if I could bait them into killing me at Night, thus sparing the really useful people for a bit longer.

I think it's funny that Shasta and Nerwen were wolves together, after all the mushy pet names they throw toward each other every game.

Thanks for modding, Lottie. Great concept!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #423
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
Boro FTW! I'm glad I didn't protect you.
Who did you protect the last 2 Nights? A random person and yourself?
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #424
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
You see, it was originally going to be a "theme" wolf-pack– all Elves!
All blonde elves, actually - the original pack would've been Galadriel, Legolas, and Glorfindel. But then it occured to be that it would be way fun to make Sam a wolf.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #425
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Well, let's see . . . Night 2 was you, Night 3 Eomer (just a bit too early, unless I'm getting something mixed up), Night 4 me, and Night 5 you (again).

EDIT: x'd with O Great and Bounteous Modlote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #426
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Well, let's see . . . Night 2 was you, Night 3 Eomer (just a bit too early, unless I'm getting something mixed up), Night 4 me, and Night 5 you (again).
I feel special.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #427
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

On a more serious note, though, I have to tell you my true role now. Lottie, without realising it, made me the secret fourth wolf! I win!

The Revels of the Reveals to Really Ruin the Respiratory System!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #428
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
On a more serious note, though, I have to tell you my true role now. Lottie, without realising it, made me the secret fourth wolf! I win!

The Revels of the Reveals to Really Ruin the Respiratory System!

No worries, village. I'm the secret second hunter. I'll take care of this.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #429
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Waitasecond. How are you lot still alive (you may recall that I, as the Wereseerange-huntordo, killed everybody) . . . ZOMBIES! Quick, get the flamethrower.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #430
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Oh man. Great combined effort by the villagers and gifted. Good things happen when the gifteds aren't lynched, that's for sure.

Again, I was entirely too snarky on Day 1 there Bom. My aggravation was, not wanting to be lynched when I didn't have a pick on Night 1 and already having 1 vote from Glirdan. Day 1's are such a mess to get through, so entirely random it can really effect the outcome of the entire game, especially with our marvellous ability to lynch seers Day 1.

Speaking of seers, could not have had this win without you Eomer. No doubt about it.

Hunts-
Night 2 - McCaber
Night 3 - Shasta
Night 4 - Nerwen
Night 5 - Folwren

The days of the 2 "known" wolves I had considered taking a shot on someone else, since it would be likely Shasta and Nerwen would be getting lynched. However, I figured if I did that, and it just so happened the wolves killed me, and then if I chose wrong. That would be a real mess the next day. Especially with the way the wolves were spinning stories. I could picture it happening in my head. "See Eomer's lying, if I was a known wolf, Boro would have hunted me. He's dead I'm not, lynch Eomer!" I did not want to do anything crazy and make it hard on Eomer, so just stuck with who I believed were the known wolves on the off chance they had decided to kill me earlier.

Seriously wolves, you were spinning some great stories. There was a a good moment there where I was thinking "Nerwen's right, I'm going to be kicking myself. Eomer's so full of it." But in all these matter of reveals, in the end a choice has to be made. You just choose who you believe more. If you're right, yay. If not, go back and fix it the next day, and that's all you can really do. (If you don't know things like the Seer and wolves do).

Quote:
Boro, how on earth did you guess it was Foley? Another eenie-meanie-miney-moe?
I had actually been considering posting this before yesterday, but forgot that working til close meant I would not be around for DL. It's probably a good thing, as it may have effected whether Folwren wanted to risk killing me or not. Basically the post was going to look something like...

"I'm thinking Sally, because Eomer says she's guilty. But then she says she's innocent, and sally finds it absolutely impossible to lie...so she's gotta be?

Eonwe has been such a big help organizationally and thoughtfully, but then again he seems very involved and I can see him trying to manipulate the situation to make everyone feel good about him.

Folwren looked the most frustrated by what was happening with Nerwen and Shasta. Kind of like, she was not happy to be doing it, but she had to go along and lynch her compadres anyway."

It was pretty much down to those 3, because Bom was the ranger. And with the way Nerwen went after Eruhen, I was fairly confident he could not be the 3rd wolf.

I had not detected an ounce of evil in G55 at all. But who knows what I would have thought had Eomer not revealed? Because I was feeling really good about Shasta after he saved me, but that changed in the 2 seconds it took me to read Eomer's reveal post.

Last but not least. Lovely lovely game Lottie. I needed to get back to this, if only for a quick, simple game. Those can often times be the best.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-04-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #431
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Speaking of seers, could not have had this win without you Eomer. No doubt about it.
Definitely.

Quote:
Seriously wolves, you were spinning some great stories. There was a a good moment there where I was thinking "Nerwen's right, I'm going to be kicking myself. Eomer's so full of it."
Funny thing, these were my very thoughts! Until Shasta revealed, at least. After that, I got hyper from laughing too much, and had to go over the thread later (when I was more calm) to recall what nonesense I posted. And nonesense it was!

You probably know this already, but I'll tell you anyways. I am an insane psychopath. This is the first true reveal I've done this game.

Quote:
Last but not least. Lovely lovely game Lottie.
Seconded! I absolutely loved the amusing narrations!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #432
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Quote:
I am an insane psychopath.
Ahhh. I do enjoy being among kindred spirits.

Incidentally, how was anybody ever fooled by these subpar wolves? Especially Folwren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
We come to . . . kill them.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #433
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Nice job, village, especially the Gifteds!
Something told me to stay away from Boro and Bom on Day 1. Hence, the last-minute vote for McCaber.

I'm interested to know if it was my Seer hints that led to my demise. As an ordo, I don't tend to be terribly useful to the village, in my judgment, so I thought I'd try something new and see if I could bait them into killing me at Night, thus sparing the really useful people for a bit longer.
The answer to that is... both yes and no.

We didn't actually think you were the Seer, but we knew if we killed you, it would look like we did, thus framing Bom and McCaber.

The really irritating thing in all this is that my jewel wanted to kill Eomer on Night Two, but due to timezone problems and so forth, it ended up being you.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #434
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Incidentally, how was anybody ever fooled by these subpar wolves? Especially Folwren.

That's pretty unfair to say. To dream 2 wolves in 2 nights is getting slapped with the most unlucky situation possible. 1 wolf that a seer reveals is in a hard enough spot, let alone 2 of them. It's easy to say that in hindsight, but it's a whole different game if Eomer is killed before he gives out any info.

It sounds like he basically did the same thing I did when I dreamed 2 wolves in the first 2 nights. By sheer luck, I dreamed Kuru night 1 and then Fea made the comment "I love Kuru." Saw that was strange, and just like that stumble upon 2 wolves. Then the 3rd one goes the next day, it was a clean sweep. It was a tough tough pack, that made it very hard to get the 3 lynched. But it happened because I dreamed of two of them right off the start. It happens, if there is such a thing as werewolf gods, they're not cruel, because the strange quirks usually wind up balancing out over the spread of games.

And as far as Folwren. She was in even a more difficult situation having to try to cut down on the known/revealed innocents while surviving to the very end. It's got nothign to do with how they performed, they just kept getting smacked down by the hand of misfortune and trying to play the hand that was dealt to them.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #435
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
And as far as Folwren. She was in even a more difficult situation having to try to cut down on the known/revealed innocents while surviving to the very end. It's got nothign to do with how they performed, they just kept getting smacked down by the hand of misfortune.
I'll say. I'm fairly certain that anyone who's been a wolf a few times has experienced that: a game where your side just can't seem to catch a break. I know I have.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #436
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

. . . I was joking, you know. You might note that the quote below that statement had massive amounts of text cut out from in between the two halves to make it sound like Foley was declaring her guilt.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #437
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Man, that was not enough werewolf to satisfy me. Still, it was a blast to read.

Also, I now feel justified in my self-righteousness, seeing as how the instant my back was turned you all joined forces to kill off your star power. Your minor talents felt threatened, and I don't blame anyone for that but myself for letting it happen.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #438
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
..........................................I have nothing to say.........................

Well, not entirely true. Yay Boro!!

And the narrations were wonderful to read Lottie.

Good game for everyone who survived. Foley, really well played until the end my dear
Old 08-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #439
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Frankly, that was one hell of a first game for me! Great job, everyone, and I'm looking forward to sharpening my WW skillz (and, hopefully, eventually, my fangs ) in future games with all of you!
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #440
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I could just cry. That is SO not fair.

I must congratulate my worthy opponents.

I still don't think it was fair. And I felt I was playing so well, too.

Boromir, I don't like your explanation. I wasn't acting unhappy, I was acting business like. I don't gloat over my victims, even as a wolf.

Man. I hate losing in this game. There is indeed no other game (except RISK) that I get so upset about losing.

Good game, though. Tip of the hate to Boro and Eomer.

My fellow wolves were fun to play with, too. Nerwen and Shasta were fun as fellow wolves and very good at mentoring, as I believe this is my first game as a wolf.

Excellent game, Lottie. I enjoyed it.

-- Foley