The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #18
jaz

Sting

My guess is that TTT will probably win awards like best special effects and best costumes, or whatever those categories are. I don’t think there will be any nominations for Best Actor and Best Actress. But I could see Viggo Mortensen nominated for Best Supporting Actor, but I think that the Academy will overlook his performance, those bastards! I really would love to see Elijah Wood nominated but I think he will be overlooked as well. I think Viggo has a better chance. Oh and I really hope that that the actor who played Gollum gets nominated. I don’t think there will be any nominations for Best Supporting Actress. What really irks me is that TTT probably won’t earn Best Director, I think ROTK is more likely to win that category. And the Best Picture race will be very, very competitive. I predict that it will be either Chicago or TTT that wins. And in the 2004 Oscars the competition will be worse for LOTR since both Matrix Sequels are coming out this year and are very likely to be nominated along side ROTK, but not for acting categories or best picture. But I really hope that the TTT wins either Best Director or Best Picture and hopefully both.<p>[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: jaz ]