Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #441
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Forest Elf, can anyone play the doctor or are we supposed to give him action? I'm just asking so I don't break any rules.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:50 AM   #442
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Mormegil,

I finished a post for Daisy. I'll try to do one for Tollers tomorrow.

Everyone,

When it comes time to locate the children, Daisy has unknowingly left a clue for you to find!

Folwren,

I had a question for you before I could do my next post. Could you check your pm's.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 05-10-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:34 AM   #443
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Elfchick7,
Last time we had the doctor, anyone could give him action. Or, at least those who were involved with him in some way.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #444
Elfchick7
Wight

Alright, that answers that question. Now for research on healing methods. If I recall there is a link for that on this thread but even so, does anyone have suggestions on how the scenes with the doctor will play out?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #445
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfchick7
Alright, that answers that question. Now for research on healing methods. If I recall there is a link for that on this thread but even so, does anyone have suggestions on how the scenes with the doctor will play out?
I know a few simple home remedies. My sister and I have bandaged and cared for a horse's leg when he nearly cut his foot off... The doctors first step would be to clean what he can of it, and then putting some sort of salve into it that will disinfect it (honey and kayan (sp) pepper would probably do that, or something else, if anyone knows what. Honey really has great healing powers). He'll wrap it and let that do its work. That'll have to sit a while. She'd likely sleep then. In a few hours, the bandage and salve would be removed and changed...

How's that for starters?

Tevildo,

Got your PM and replied to it.

-- Folwren
Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #446
Elfchick7
Wight

Thanks Folwren! That does help. In the end, I looked at the posts and realized that I had a bit of time before the Doctor will appear.

Actually, Newsman, it might be better if you handle the Doctor as he will probably have more dialog with Vehil regarding the wound than he would with Luriniel or even Nienna. After a history, there isn't much the girls can tell him about the injury. What do you think?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #447
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thanks Folwren! I'll try and get a post up for Tollers later today.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #448
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Whenever works, Tevildo. Don't be too rushed.

You're welcome, Elfchick.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 05-10-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #449
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

Newsman has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfchick7
Actually, Newsman, it might be better if you handle the Doctor as he will probably have more dialog with Vehil regarding the wound than he would with Luriniel or even Nienna. After a history, there isn't much the girls can tell him about the injury. What do you think?
Ya, I can handle the doctor role for as long as I need to. Besides it will keep me busy writing as Vehil, the doctor, and a 3rd character i mean to bring in today.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #450
Elfchick7
Wight

Ooh! A third character? I'm excited!!! I can't wait to hear about him/her.

Last edited by Elfchick7; 05-14-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #451
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

Just for anyone who reads any of my posts in the inn, when I have things in italics, its what the character is thinking. Just making sure everyone is clear on that so no one reacts to the italics as dialouge.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #452
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

Oh, and one more quick thing. Fain, my newest character is a Dwarf. So just making that clear too.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #453
Elfchick7
Wight

I feel stupid

Oh, then I had better edit my post. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #454
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just a reminder:

If you're unsure about a character, just go back to post #2 of this thread and click on the link to the particular player's character bio.

~*~ Pio
Old 05-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #455
Elfchick7
Wight

Thank you, Pio. I just got lazy and assumed, because of the connection between Vehil and Fain, that Fain was also an elf. I'll try to be more careful.

I am really intrigued to see where this will lead. This is my first RPG.

Last edited by Elfchick7; 05-14-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #456
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Honestly I'm a bit confused right now about time lines and the continuity of the story. Kuric ran around the property while the new, injured elf was getting cared for and looked at. He burst in again and accused Vehil. The doctor has been summoned in the meantime. Now what I'm confused about is how did another dwarf come in and get some ale in and the elf rush out? All this while Kuric is just standing there? Also, I have been somewhat waiting for Tollers and I fully the wait Tevildo so no worries but it seems like too many things are happening. I'm a neophyte to all of this so I could be wrong but some direction from Folwren of Pio may be of use here.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #457
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Honestly I'm a bit confused right now about time lines and the continuity of the story. Kuric ran around the property while the new, injured elf was getting cared for and looked at. He burst in again and accused Vehil. The doctor has been summoned in the meantime. Now what I'm confused about is how did another dwarf come in and get some ale in and the elf rush out? All this while Kuric is just standing there? Also, I have been somewhat waiting for Tollers and I fully the wait Tevildo so no worries but it seems like too many things are happening. I'm a neophyte to all of this so I could be wrong but some direction from Folwren of Pio may be of use here.
Alrighty. That's fine, mormegil, I entirely understand. Your character challenged Vehil, Newsman's characters. Vehil said he had nothing to do with it, and then Dick told Kuric to dry up and not cause trouble, because an elven lady was wounded:

Quote:
“Oh dear,” said Dick, worryingly as he watched the elves group around each other and begin inspecting the wound at once. “Oh dear me, let’s not do it here, for heaven’s sake. Gable, do run and get the doctor, if that’s who you’re talking about, with all your healer’s talk. You dwarf, quit making such a hubbub, can’t you see the lady’s injured? Here, sir,” addressing Vehil, “take her other arm and follow me.”
Then Nienna was run off to another room leaving Kuric stewing in common room. Vehil, his main suspect, was taken away, too, so he's probably pretty upset.

Almost directly afterwards, Fain entered and called for an ale. I suppose Rowan or someone belonging to the inn fetched it for him.

So...I guess Kuric's been sitting there wondering what happened.

However, Dick was sent off to fetch some food, and if you want, you can address him as he crosses the common room. I haven't actually written a post for that.

And Tollers...well, Tevildo is in charge of him, so I'm not sure what's up there.

Does that help? A little, maybe? Just jump in where you can...

-- Folwren
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #458
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Morm - Cela was also just sort of left in the Common Room - since I need to get her back into the kitchen, in the first part of that post I can have her address Kuric - probably something along the lines of "How about you sit down and I'll get you a nice piece of pie" (pie solves everything ) and probably with a warning not to go causing any more trouble...
Old 05-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #459
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ahem... Just to let everyone know (sort of) what is going on.

Tollers didn't post because his owner was working on a little "twist" for this tale that had to be cleared with Folwren first. After I got Folwren's answer, I was intending to post late tonight, but then I just received another note and inquiry from Morm. Now I've written him and hope we can plan how to put all these pieces together in the "right" order. As soon as that order is established, I will definitely have a post up.

That is probably clear as mud, but that is what is happening! So please hold on just a minute more till the planning is done.

--A confused cat

Last edited by Tevildo; 05-11-2007 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #460
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
Ahem... Just to let everyone know (sort of) what is going on.

Tollers didn't post because his owner was working on a little "twist" for this tale that had to be cleared with Folwren first. After I got Folwren's answer, I was intending to post late tonight, but then I just received another note and inquiry from Morm. Now I've written him and hope we can plan how to put all these pieces together in the "right" order. As soon as that order is established, I will definitely have a post up.

That is probably clear as mud, but that is what is happening! So please hold on just a minute more till the planning is done.

--A confused cat
I've sent my reply to Tevildo and I think it should be rather entertaining. We still need to work out some details but should be worth the wait.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #461
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Good! I am very glad to hear that you have things figured out. I'm looking forward to the entertainment.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #462
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Any problems if I go under the assumption that Fain's arrival happened after Kuric leaves the common room? (He's about to leave again). It would make more sense, otherwise Fain is going to walk in on a dwarf standing at the door. If he walks in shortly after Kuric leaves it makes perfect sense why everybody will eye him suspiciously.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #463
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

No problems here, actually I hadn't included Kuric in my post, so it will make a little more sense if he is gone.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #464
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

Hey, just a quick thought. Is there any way possible to put the date in the Golden Perch Thread. It would be easier for people who are considering using people in the Inn in other RPGs to be able to compare the two times.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #465
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

The year can be found at the beginning of this thread, somehwere...

And as for the date, I think it's something like May 6 or so...

-- Folwren
Old 05-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #466
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

All Players

Please note there is an informational post with lots of pertinent links at the beginning of this Discussion Thread:

Post # 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link to Time Frame
Time frame for the Inn:

It is the year 2957 of the Third Age (1356 Shire Reckoning/SR by Hobbit reasoning), 16 years after Bilbo went on his adventure. Frodo is not yet born. Strider is wandering about in the wild and he and Gandalf have met and become friends. The rangers are watching the Shire and not letting any evil things enter. Sauron has declared himself openly and has settled in Mordor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 5 (14 Thrimidge), 1356 SR will be the date that the game starts.
Please familiarize yourself with the above linked post. You can also find links there to all of the players' characters, info about the village of Stock, a map of the Eastfarthing, a description of the Inn, etc.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-12-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #467
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
I don't mean to be a bother, but I can't really see Alassë doing much right now until either someone else approaches her, or ElentariGreenleaf replies. Because she is quite occupied with staring at the girl by the window at the moment, and isn't likely to go introduce herself. Would it be possible, ElentariGreenleaf, for you to reply soon? Or should I just try and move her into doing something else, that possible story done?

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent. - Victor Hugo
Old 05-14-2007, 01:38 AM   #468
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

MaskedNicci

I don't think Elentari has access to a computer right now - see HERE.

Perhaps you should move your character on.

~*~ Pio
Old 05-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #469
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
Okay, I must have missed the post by accident. Thanks for letting me know, I'll have her do something else later today. Which means she's up for any interaction, if someone is looking for someone to talk to.

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent. - Victor Hugo
Old 05-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #470
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
MaskedNicci, I was thinking of bringing my character back. Sorry that I haven't posted it yet. I will go now to write it...
Old 05-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #471
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Just coming on to say that I'll either be on more than once a week or once every three weeks or so...my aunt died of cancer today...T.T
Old 06-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #472
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Forest Elf -

I haven't been on this thread a while, and I am sorry to hear about your loss. I will be thinking of you.

Mormegil, Folwren, Tevildo -

Morm - It's GREAT to see this subplot moving again, but I had one question.

I am wondering if we have a conflict. In post 471 Folwren's character stole the torque (after Tom stole the ring). But in the latest post the dwarf says the necklace is on the nightstand.

Is the torque different than the necklace? That might be the easiest way to handle this if there is a conflict...just having Mormegil say in one sentence that he suddenly notices his "old" torgue is missing even though the necklace is there. Or have I misunderstood these posts (which is highly possible!)?

Here's Folwren's original post.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 06-03-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #473
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Dang! Sorry I didn't realize the it had been stolen too. . I need to figure out what to do because I've been saying throughout that it was only my ring.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #474
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My apologies too. I should have caught this sooner. Take your time deciding what to do.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #475
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I noticed that problem earlier, and mentioned it to Foley, and she said that it could be that your character, Morm's character, cared alot more about the ring than the torque, and therefore, only noticed the ring.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:09 PM   #476
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas
I noticed that problem earlier, and mentioned it to Foley, and she said that it could be that your character, Morm's character, cared alot more about the ring than the torque, and therefore, only noticed the ring.

Hope this helps.
Kuric does care a lot more for the ring, that is true. The problem now is how do I reconcile it with what I have written. I was thinking of going back and there are probably only two posts I need to edit. The latest post and then the post where Kuric notices that his items are missing.

Sorry for the problems and thank you child for pointing this out.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:30 AM   #477
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mormegil,

I'll hold off on posting till you decide what to do. Also, if you need me to edit anything or mention something in particular, just let me know.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #478
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
Mormegil,

I'll hold off on posting till you decide what to do. Also, if you need me to edit anything or mention something in particular, just let me know.
You don't need to hold off. I think what I'll do is in the first post go back and write something to the effect that both were stolen but he didn't care about the necklace. In the most recent on I can edit it to say something like he remembered taking both off and both are missing.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:09 AM   #479
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Post up. Folwren, Child, Mormegil.....In the interests of pushing this forward, I've managed to use everyone's characters. I even shifted time forward just a tiny bit. If any of that is a problem, please let me know. I will edit as needed.

Otherwise, Morm.... You're welcome to get us down in the cellar and face-to-face with the kids.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #480
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Sweetness. I have been gone since last Thursday night and I am so glad to see that things have moved forward. I haven't yet read the game thread itself, but I have read it here. By the looks of it, all is well. If I am wrong, though, and something needs changing, I'll say so. But it should be fine tha time has been moved forward.

Yeah, I noticed the Torque issue a while ago, too, but didn't figure I'd say anything. Don't know why I decided upon that, but oh well.

So, I'm off to catch up on all my other threads and games...

-- Folwren