The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2019, 04:14 AM   #7121
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
If you don't wanna post, then don't log in? What's even the point of logging in if you're unable to do anything? The only plausible conclusion is that you are doing it on purpose. There are other people like me, people who get excited when someone else gets online, only to be disappointed when that person does nothing. You understand?

In fact, I will stop answering questions altogether and when you bug me about it, I will ignore you, and see how YOU would like that, how about it?!
Actually - I don't think I'd care very much. You don't want to play unless everyone else is standing on their heads around you - don't play. I'm not gonna stand on my head to keep appeasing your desire for immediate responses.

As for why a person may be seen as logged in and not post, as usual the only explanation you see is the one you are fixated on. I don't have to explain myself to you. If you wanna think it's all about you, sure. Go ahead. Don't bother considering other explanations. I don't have to explain my life to you because, if you haven't realized yet, participation in games is completely voluntary, and you only have an obligation to post regularly if you have the game now. So have a think if you get bored ignoring me.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:41 AM   #7122
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
I want the threads to be active. What's even the point of reviving them if you have no intention of keeping them active?

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:43 AM   #7123
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Also, if you're that busy that you can't even take five minutes to post, then why do you even log on? So you can stare at the forum homepage while twiddling your thumbs?

Go on, provide me a decent explanation on why you are so busy you cannot post, but are still able to log on despite being oh-so-busy.....

Old 09-20-2019, 04:46 AM   #7124
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
From the way you're talking, it seems like you're unaware that most modern browsers will keep you logged in automatically. So what you are saying comes over as people either need to add several extra steps to their visits to the Downs, or not visit the Downs at all unless they intend to engage with you. Which, I'm sure you understand, is unreasonable.

hS

Oh, when you grow as bored as I am now, you'd be singing a different tune, you will. ^^

Old 09-20-2019, 06:37 PM   #7125
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Also, if you're that busy that you can't even take five minutes to post, then why do you even log on? So you can stare at the forum homepage while twiddling your thumbs?

Go on, provide me a decent explanation on why you are so busy you cannot post, but are still able to log on despite being oh-so-busy.....
Actually, yeah. It gives me joy to visit the Downs and keep up with the threads. It lifts my mood when I visit in the morning, even though I only have a couple minutes to spare for it. It lifts my mood when I check in after a long day of work and studying and see what's happening, even if my brain is too muddled to contribute meaningfully. And it absolutely ruins that mood when you keep making unreasonable demands of people for your immediate gratification. So I will continue to open the Downs when I can to read the threads and twiddle my thumbs, and I will continue to post when I wish to post and not when you demand it, and I will continue to take joy from my daily lurking. And if you want to spare yourself disappointment, please realize that there are many reasons for people to behave the way they do, and precious few have anything to do with you personally.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:17 AM   #7126
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Well, my joy is to have people play those games. You take away my joy, I take away yours. I believe it's a fair trade.

And guess what? Simply realizing that won't spare me any disappointment, because I thrive on replies and thus will remain disappointed that there are none, regardless of the reason for it.

Again, what's the point of even reviving this game if you're just gonna let it die again?

Last edited by Urwen; 09-21-2019 at 02:36 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:35 AM   #7127
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

And now, let's drop this and continue the game.