The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2015, 05:26 PM   #1161
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'd love for her to vote Morm and then we all stack and thus signal Form.

(xpost: yep, absolutely agree)
Old 06-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #1162
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
No. Voting Lommy means Form is a wolf.

It would be a nice extra if she voted morm though...
Yeah what phantom means is, we don't want to empower her unless it also betters our chances of lynching a wolf.

xed - yeah definitely.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #1163
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Heh- I would certainly text you if I could. But despite my jokes, that remains out of the realm of possibility (no texting on my plan- this is literally the first time I've ever wanted it).
Am I allowed to feel special now?

Anyway I think we can vote for Lommy, honestly if the village messes it up it's their problem at this point.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #1164
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Yes, Agan.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #1165
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I'd love for her to vote Morm and then we all stack and thus signal Form.
Exactly.

But if she doesn't, is there another reasonable plan but to vote her anyway? That's what I'm asking.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #1166
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Yeah what phantom means is, we don't want to empower her unless it also betters our chances of lynching a wolf.
Even if it risked us actually controlling our own vote?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #1167
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Yes, feel very special.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #1168
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
morm is a wolf give vote to Form or McCaber
Form is a wolf give vote to morm or Lommy
Kath is a wolf give vote to Eomer or Mith
Mith is a wolf give vote to Kath or Shasta
McCaber is a wolf give vote to Boro
No dreams on this list as wolf give vote to Sally
Could also empower morm. Or Form. Lommy would definitely be the best though. But I can't see what could go wrong as I very much doubt she suddenly decides to jump on Boro.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #1169
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
She was planning to vote morm right?
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 06-10-2015, 05:30 PM   #1170
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

They need to lynch a Wolf. I'm just hoping they won't need our bonus vote to make the difference between, say, an unknown and Morm/Form, or Morm/Form and Boro, etc. That's why I wouldn't vote now. Not yet.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #1171
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I mean if we decide the vote like now (when Lommy votes the latest) then you'd get two votes (mine & Legate's), if you then start to think other options (if Lommy doesn't vote a wolf) you need to get it done without two votes on your back.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #1172
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Also I don't think we need to wake Legate up. If you, Greenie and I vote for her now, it builds a base for piling the rest of the votes on her as well but leaves enough freedom to empower somebody else (in this case, Form or McC) if it looks like our vote would tie it between morm and somebody else.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:33 PM   #1173
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Lommy is back from the bathroom!

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Old 06-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #1174
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

White-Hand

You can do it, Lommy!

Old 06-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #1175
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh yes, Greenie is around.

Just remember we need five votes to be sure though. Just reminding you so thee is very little leeway to go on other directions...
Old 06-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #1176
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ah, the Power Rangers of the North. I wonder why Aragorn never put out a call to his kin? They could've been useful, particularly when Sauron unleashed MechaGodzilla.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #1177
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Oh dear Sally, I was just about to vote and go to sleep, and now I need to think??

*goes to reread the rules*
Old 06-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #1178
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

You thought I was exaggerating for the sake of humor when I made fun of the Living earlier- about discussing for no reason and holding their votes...

Nope. Not exaggerating. They're really that bad.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #1179
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Old 06-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #1180
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

HA SHE VOTED.

Need to think before voting though. Numbers.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #1181
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Whoa!

++ Lommy
Old 06-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #1182
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Morm has two votes now. He'll have to organize a counter-wagon.

It'd be really nice if it's against Form.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #1183
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

REMAINING VOTERS:

Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen

VOTED:

Kath -> Morm
Lommy -> Morm (2)

Does anyone have a list of which way the remaining voters are likely to vote? That might be helpful if the leanings are strong enough.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #1184
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Numbers.
The known wolves have 3 votes, and then there is Rikae who might vote our way (I hope and kind almost trust) or not.

So to be sure 5 votes is needed.

Nerwen is not granted. How about Nilp?

Rune might of course apear but probably not...

Legate can be awaken to vote if needed.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #1185
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

So we could have 3-4 European votes for Lommy. If we vote and leave, that leaves four of you (phantom, Rikae, Firefoot and Nilp) with two known wolves, as Nerwen, Rune and Lalaith are unlikely to turn up.

If you decide to go for Lommy in the end, all good.

If however an extra vote for morm would tie the lynch, we shouldn't vote as then the wolves could jump on our Lommy vote and tie it.

So should we abstain then?

Or give her like one European vote to be on the safe side?

edit: xed since my last
Old 06-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #1186
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Does anyone have a list of which way the remaining voters are likely to vote? That might be helpful if the leanings are strong enough.
Quite a many voiced their suspicion on morm.

Boro might be one gaining a few votes, but I'm not sure if enough to make a tie there.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #1187
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Right- three known Wolves could mess things up. Technically cannot count on either Rikae or Nog.

Firefoot and I WILL be here at the finish. Nilp will be (or I will be very cross with him). That gives us three. Then we need either Legate or Agan to give us knowns equaling unknowns (and the innocent of Rikae/Nog will swing it our way).

(xpost: didn't see Nog vote)
Old 06-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #1188
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
as Nerwen, Rune and Lalaith are unlikely to turn up.
I wouldn't bet on Lalaith not appearing (not betting on her appearing either, but let's not assume too much).
Old 06-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #1189
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

If ou guys want me to vote for Lomzy I need to know it, like, now.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #1190
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Right- three known Wolves could mess things up. Technically cannot count on either Rikae or Nog.
Well you can count on me. I already voted - and am going to bed.

My last question just is: do you want another vote for Lommy or not?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #1191
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

LIVING:

Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Thinlómien
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Three wolves there, is my guess - both packs still represented. If there's no lynch today but two kills tonight, the village may be at 5-3 tomorrow. Which is not good, even if the 3 are in different packs.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #1192
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, so, if both Nog and Green go for Lommy and we are desperate to change it at the finish.

Worst case: Mac-Lal-Lottie-Rikae pile on to give Lommy 6. Firefoot, Nilp, Agan, Legate, and I cannot overcome them.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #1193
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And another question: are you really sure you want to put getting the message through in doubt for a possibility there is a tie in the living thread?

There could be, yes, but how probable is that with only two or three wolves left there (and not necessary on the same side)?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #1194
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

How about Greenie votes for Form?

That way there's 1 for Lommy and 1 for Form now, and (hopefully) 4 innocents and max 3 (2 most likely though - Lalaith didn't vote yesterday either) wolves.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #1195
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Three wolves there, is my guess - both packs still represented. If there's no lynch today but two kills tonight, the village may be at 5-3 tomorrow. Which is not good, even if the 3 are in different packs.
Good point. But why do you think two kills? And wouldn't Boro then take off morm making it 5-2 and they would know then Form is a wolf aka 5-1 the next Day?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #1196
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I think a second Lommy vote won't hurt even if a change of plans is needed so just to be on the safe side -

++ Lommy
Old 06-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #1197
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Nog - that way there will be a message. Obviously Lommy is preferable to morm as she's innocent and would kind of convey information about two wolves, but I prefer a lynch to a no lynch in any case.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:56 PM   #1198
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

What if Green left a vote for one of the other truthful info candidates (like Form)? Then the Baddies wouldn't have a double-vote to pile onto, just a single. Thus worst case scenario they could swing five votes, whereas Firefoot, Nilp, Phantom, Legate, Agan, could outweigh them by dumping onto the other single vote.

But that would require Agan-Legate of course. Is there someone else alive I'm forgetting? Bah.

(x-post: never mind, Greenie already voted, fingers crossed)
Old 06-10-2015, 05:56 PM   #1199
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Good point. But why do you think two kills? And wouldn't Boro then take off morm making it 5-2 and they would know then Form is a wolf aka 5-1 the next Day?
It's 3 am you can't expect me to remember Boro.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:56 PM   #1200
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Sorry 'bout that, bad timing! Anyway good night guys. <3