Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #401
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
And Nilpy, we're not done yet. It ain't called the Anakronism Dweomer for nothing....
Sorry if I missed the answer to this somewhere, but does that mean we can come back from the dead for test 5, lmp? If that's the case, Panakeia will do something quite unexpected toMorrow.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #402
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'll fill in my save some time late this afternoon or tonight. Eomer, expect a laugh or two.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #403
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

If you are able to, could you move your SAVE to after my last post. Otherwise I will probably have to redo everything I did.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:19 PM   #404
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'll take care of it after class.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #405
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Days last between 36 and 48 hours. That means I'll be able to abstain from voting at this moment. I might have posted but Fea's save leads me to believe I could mess something up.

Won't be back tonight: think razzle and dazzle.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #406
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

'Mer, thanks for not posting right away. If you post before I do, know that my plans for Alli and Aimè's conversation were/are something like "And then Aimè and Alli spoke in secret for a short time before returning to the issues at hand and acting like they had no idea why they were being eyed by the suspicious village."

We can work out the details later. Right now, it's more fun to delay the inevitable. How am I doing with it?

EDIT: I've posted their "secret conversation" up. I hope it's sufficiently fun. 'Mer, check your PMs.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 01-20-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #407
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Awww, a romance. How sweeeet. It is now night time in Dol Gaurgauroth. You guys are still assuming too much. Werewolves, Seer, Ranger, and Hunter, let me know your picks. As soon as I have them, I'll take care of business, it will be Day again.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #408
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Does the above "subliminal" message worry anybody?

And that's just mean, Elempi.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:15 AM   #409
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Does the above "subliminal" message worry anybody?
Yep. Sure does. Though it gives me an idea for the next post...
Old 01-21-2006, 07:29 AM   #410
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Though it gives me an idea for the next post...
I'm working it into the idea I had for my next post. Expect oddity.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #411
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
What? No werewolves? Then who is killing everyone each night?
Old 01-21-2006, 11:08 AM   #412
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

*Points at nasty Elempi*

He can talk from beyond the grave. He must be a zombie!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #413
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Rotfl

What fun.

Not subliminal enough, I guess, but you guys weren't going to get it; or if you did, you were going to believe you couldn't break the rules without failing the challenge.

Who's killing the innocents? Why, the Dweomer of course. Anakron is not a wizard; he is merely the current conveyor of the dweomer. Granted, it's quite a powerful role......
Old 01-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #414
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Wilhelmina and Fléin are having a little chat. Incidentally, I was bored a few days ago and drew a picture of Wilhelmina in my notebook... I think she came out pretty much the way I imagine her. Clickety if you wish.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #415
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Okay, there's Panakeia's take on the 'No werewolves' issue. She might be crazy, or she might not be...
Old 01-21-2006, 01:47 PM   #416
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Phantom, I've never read or seen Harry Potter so didn't exactly understand that Scot joke. Care to enlighten me?
Old 01-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #417
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

'Mer, he had Tom take on the characteristics of the prejudiced Draco Malfoy that he plays. Malfoy hates Muggles (non-magic folk) and Mudbloods (half-blood wizards) for lack of purity. Apparently Scots aren't pure now.

Ah, and I've brought Tom back to life. Actually, I just showed that he never died. You see, I'm not done with him. Please don't kill him again or I'll have to be even more resourceful in getting him back.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #418
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Silly, if I kill off a character that I know you need, I can bring him back. I'll read and see if you need to edit.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #419
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Nothing like writing yourself into a corner, Fea. Most complicated, this thing with Tom Felton. I'll leave you the option. You can either leave your post as is and wrack your creative brains for how it all fits together, or you can edit out the whole simulation thing and let me do what I was planning anyway. Your choice. It don't make me no nevermind.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #420
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Okay, there's Panakeia's take on the 'No werewolves' issue. She might be crazy, or she might not be...
So you're that much of a Trekkie yourself, eh?
Old 01-21-2006, 03:08 PM   #421
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Yes, the Tom thing is complicated, but no I didn't write myself into a corner. What makes you think that? In actuality, it all fits together nicely.

And what were you planning for him? It might work out better than what I did, though I slightly doubt that you could have given me a better opening.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:31 PM   #422
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Encai - that drawing's wonderful! It's more or less how I imagine Wilhelmina, though in my mind she was rounder, more wrinkly, and her hat was even bigger.

The entire lesbian thing has come to an end now. Fea, do what you will. Oh, buggrit, I forgot something! I'm just gonna edit the last post and put the Wilhelmina thing in, Fea!
Old 01-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #423
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Undoubtably.

Worth a trip to the U of M psychiatric ward?
Old 01-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #424
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Encai - that drawing's wonderful! It's more or less how I imagine Wilhelmina, though in my mind she was rounder, more wrinkly, and her hat was even bigger.
Haha, same here. I originally imagined her like some kind of tripped-out Strega Nona.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #425
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I don't have time to add anything myself, so could someone write Mardil into the day just a tad? You don't have to- just if you get the chance.

If you choose to, have Mardil go off by himself to his hut and stay there all day.

Perhaps one of the members of the party, especially Sai or Alli (since Mardil's been around them the most), or maybe both together, could drop by briefly to see what I'm up to (Alli by herself would be less likely seeing as she's not feeling terribly cozy with Mardil right now). When whoever shows up, have Mardil say some polite version of "go away".

Have your character not obey Mardil's request though, and instead continue trying to talk him into coming out and joining everyone else (because they're having a fun little cookout or something). Have Mardil get annoyed and say something like "I'm trying to get some work done in here, child, so run along and play," and finally after further prodding, "If I have to tell you to leave me alone one more time I'm going to drag you into the woods and tie you to a tree!"

Not that Mardil really would do this- he would just really like to, and if you continue to push his buttons he will indeed do something, but not so extreme. For instance, he might knick you with one of his knives that has been coated in a strong sleep draught. But I'm hoping none of you push Mardil that far.

After your encounter with him, your character is welcome to speculate on why in the world Mardil is wanting to be left alone and seems to be so irritable.

When Mardil comes out late in the day to grab some food, the only person who manages to get a word out of him is Fléin, who for a short time discusses military tactics with Mardil.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #426
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Fléin's a little involved in his own side-plot now (I know I dragged Alli in, but I'll try to keep it more to myself cos Alli already has one...) so I'm not sure if we can have that little chat, tp. Perhaps if the day lasts a while, we could.

By the way, Illamatar is Quenya for The Llama Father. Cool, eh?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:11 AM   #427
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Very tidy, TGWBS.

Anything you need Alli to do, feel free. Just... you know... if it's too outrageous, run it by me first. You know I'll probably say yes.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #428
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Anything you need Alli to do, feel free. Just... you know... if it's too outrageous, run it by me first. You know I'll probably say yes.
More outrageous than being possessed by Illamatar, pretending to be a lesbian or having close relations with Khamul?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #429
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Exactly.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #430
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand

Hope I didn't throw a curveball on any plans you might have with that post of mine.

Tradition, after all.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #431
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Yes, the Tom thing is complicated, but no I didn't write myself into a corner. What makes you think that? In actuality, it all fits together nicely.

And what were you planning for him? It might work out better than what I did, though I slightly doubt that you could have given me a better opening.
If Tom's "death" worked into your plans, all the better. I had a simple solution, which I'm not going to reveal; you'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
Undoubtably. ... Worth a trip to the U of M psychiatric ward?
We'll have to see what we can arrange.....
Old 01-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #432
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I haven't time to read everything that has gotten written since yesterday afternoon (Saturday), so this Day is being extended until Monday 6 pm eastern standard. Do with it what you will. I hope to be able to catch up by then.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #433
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Hope I didn't throw a curveball on any plans you might have with that post of mine.
If need be we can just get Fléin to say that mad people aren't eligible to vote. He seems like the type to believe that.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #434
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry for my absence these past few days. The 'RL demon' has smitten me, as ever. I will try to get Valde back in the action somehow, very very soon....
Old 01-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #435
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Darn that RL Demon... pain in the bum, is he not? Can't wait to see what's going tragically through Valde's brow-adorned head.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:28 PM   #436
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Nilpy, that was an incredibly delicious post.

Guy, what the Dickens are you up to? If you're not careful, I'm going to have to introduce Seeyesil Ooiss... Can't wait to find out what a Slan is.

Wrapping up shortly, sorry for the delay, too much of a RL weekend for my tastes, not to mention inconsistent internet access.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #437
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, the final test will be introduced on the rpg thread tomorrow when I get a chance to post it up. It's too late to do more tonight.

I'll prepare you this much. It'll be at the University Hospital of Mordor at Urukapolis, a city that has grown up between two towers formerly known as Cirith Ungol and Minas Morgul. These two towers are now painted ivory, and are the abodes of pedantic trolls. The university town is a sprawling mess of walkways through delved tunnels, as well as over top of the mountains, and the class rooms and buildings are the mountains between the two towers themselves.

Each of you will be assigned one crash course, a physical, and a psychological exam. These three aspects of Test Number 5 will be administered not consecutively, but intermittently through each other. Your physical will be on the first day of class, interrupting your lesson; and the physical WILL reveal something that will have to be corrected in order to be able to get out of Mordor. Same goes for your psychological sessions; it'll happen somewhere during the week, and some sort of "treatment" will be administered. Get ready to say 'hi' to Sigmund. So classes will run for five days, with a final exam on Saturday. These days will be game days rather than real days.

Oh, and there must be a pitched battle between teens and parents somewhere in the midst of all this, per request from Fea, and featuring SpaM as the leader of the parents.

I hope that's enough to whet your appetites. This may go longer than a week, too, but should be wrapped up soon after.

NOTE: your posting does not have to reflect all six days. The Surgeon in Charge, Psychologist in Charge, and Professor in Charge, will dictate the passage of time for you. You just start on Monday and go from there. Hope that works.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #438
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

rush rush rush

Oh dear... LMP, can I beg a favor?

Can we delay the trip to Urukapolis just long enough for Eomer and I to fit in a couple more Dol Gaurgoroth posts? It shouldn't take long...

Eomer, check your PMs. Let's get this show on the road.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #439
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Oh dear... LMP, can I beg a favor?

Can we delay the trip to Urukapolis just long enough for Eomer and I to fit in a couple more Dol Gaurgoroth posts? It shouldn't take long...
No problem. I'm having a hard enough time finding the time to put to this as it is. I'll wait until late afternoon Tuesday 1/24; tell me if you need more time than that.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #440
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Oh, and there must be a pitched battle between teens and parents somewhere in the midst of all this, per request from Fea, and featuring SpaM as the leader of the parents
Worry not. Already the Diminuitive One has given thought to such ideas. The Last Battle is coming, don't you know?