The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-07-2004, 12:04 PM   #1
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting I'm a Celebrity...

...Get Me Out Of Here. I don't know if it's been on American TV, but here in England I've been watching all those stupid has-beens swanning around in Australia. A though suddenly occured to me. What about I'm an Elf, Get Me Out Of Here? Stick a group of assorted elves in Moria and give them challenges in order to earn food etc. Could be quite interesting.

Could you imagine Galadriel eating something disgusting and sitting around a fire cooking her own food. Lovely thought.

What do you think? Or am I just a sad person with a warped mind? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:05 PM February 07, 2004: Message edited by: Feared Half-Elf ]

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:04 PM   #2
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dūm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

hmm, I bet Arwen would be all 'Oh, ew! It's all dark and foul in here!' and whine all day long and be the first to 'get out' or else try and get Glorfindel to do everything for her. In which case, Glorfindel would probably gang up with some of the others to get Arwen to crack, or Arwen's pestering would make him crack... wow, did that make any sense? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 01:05 AM   #3
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dūm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

I dont know how "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" works, but i've seen "Survivor", and I can just imagine a group of elves sitting in a corner of Moria and shivering.

Galadriel: It's freezing in here! I can barely go around barefoot!

Elrond: Look, I'm doing all I can to make a fire. It's not my fault Cirdan gave the stupid Red Ring to Gandalf instead of me.

Feanor: I hereby swear a terrible oath, which none shall take, and none shall break, to persue with vengance any Vala, Demon, Elf or Man as yet unborn who dares hinder my purpose, which remains to win this contest and recieve my just reward.

Legolas *whispers*: Arwen, I have a proposition for you. Haldir and I are starting a Sindarin Alliance to rid ourselves or thjese high and mighty Noldor.

Arwen *whispers back*: I think you are a sad little elf.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:51 PM   #4
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Sting

I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here is quite simple really. You collect together 10 assorted has-beens and stick them in the middle of the Australian jungle. They all get to take a 'luxury item' in with them, like a blow up sofa or something. Every day, two people are chosen to collect a box by following a load of clues, and this box has stuff in. I think it was tutus and stuff yesterday. For the first week, the public get to vote for who they want to do a 'Bushtucker Trial', in which someone has to complete a challenge to earn food. In the second week, people vote for the person they want out each day. Eventually you gat down to a King or Queen of the jungle. Kind of sad, really.

Some contestants from this series: Jordan, Peter Andre (remember him? The rather rubbish singer from the 90s), Jonny Rotton (The Sex Pistols)

Bushtucker trial examples: Eating a selection of disgusting bugs and fish eyes, being locked in a coffin with rats for 10 minutes that's filling up with water and crayfish. You get the idea.

The whole concept is just slightly worrying, but it gets quite interesting when you get an unmarried Jordan and a single Peter Andre who fancies the guts off her.

Anyway, that was completely not-Lotr related!I had a really strange of image of Legolas doing a challenge where he gets covered in bugs, and then spends hours refusing to talk to anybody until he's cleaned every single bug out of his hair.

Elrond: My powers of foresight tell me that I WILL WIN! *Laughs evilly*
Galadriel: Whatever...

Old 02-08-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

HA! i think Arwen would be the Kerry McFadden of I'm and Elf...

when she had to go across the Bridge of Kahzad- dum to collect the chest with Celeborn she'd suddenly sit down and go 'oh! i fell so weak, i just feel like i can't go on!' and a bunch of medi- orcs would scurry in to ply her with miruvor and lembas [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2004, 02:25 PM   #6
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

I could just imagine Arwen walking away saying "I'm just off to wet me lettuce!"

Old 02-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #7
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots Embarassingly, I was hooked

Kerry McFadden: Rosie Cotton (never participated in anything difficult, but won the big prize)
Jenny Bond: Galadriel (seemingly royalty, but tough as boots)
Peter Andre: Tom Bombadil (sang a lot of rubbish songs)
Lord Brocket: Grima Wormtongue (fraudster who liked the ladies)
Jordan: Shelob ('nuff said)
Johnny Rotten: Pippin Took (never did what he was told, and the best of the lot)
Neil Ruddock: Fredegar Bolger (missed his food)
Alex Best: Arwen (only interesting because of who she was married to)
Dianne Modahl: Eowyn (um, not a lot to go on here, but she was a sportswoman, wasn't she?)
Mike Read: Faramir (nice but dull)

Old 02-16-2004, 06:07 PM   #8
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dūm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
I don't know who any of these British celebrities are, but it all sounds funny. It might only be because I'm semi-young, or it could just be that I've never left the U.S. Ah well.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:22 AM   #9
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
I like that list Mr. Saucepan. Peter Andre got on my proverbials so much and I only saw it once (unfortunately it was when he sang 'Insania')

I'm not too sure about Pippin as good old Johnny Rotten. A bit young for it, and Pippin is never really bad, he's just mischievous.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:48 AM   #10
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
I never bothered watching any series of it... My friend did though...she thought the whole Peter Andre and Jordan thing was hilarious...I felt sorry for all those rats and things, and apparently a whole load of wildlife was killed off for the jungle to be made 'safe' for these z-list celebrities...
Because they're not really celebrities...I'd heard of Jordan (a page 3 kinda girl), Kerry McFadden (married to Bryan of...Westlife, is it?) and Jenny Bond, because I used to see her being the Royal Reporter and whatnot...but yeah...

Elves in Moria!!! I love that idea!!! It would be their worst nightmare! But perhaps Galadriel could light it up a little bit with her radiance...and maybe she could take her mirror as her 'luxury item'...But what kind of tasks would there be? Moria isn't exactly a wildlife haven, is it? There might be rats and cockroaches though...

Oh no! What happened to the evil smiley?? Let's see if anything happens.

EDIT: Nothing happened... I loved that smiley! It was my favourite! And now it has gone! *Sobs*
Old 02-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #11
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

The worrying thing is, Peter Andre is releasing Mysterious Girl...FOR THE THIRD TIME! Hello? Go away now!

Ahem, anyway. The challenges thing is a slight problem. How about, find the dead Balrog?

Old 02-23-2004, 02:47 PM   #12
Oroaranion
Haunting Spirit

Oroaranion has just left Hobbiton.
Why don't you put the elves/peoples of ME in Fangorn Forest? I'm sure there would be more wildlife than in Moria, 'cos all there is in Moria are Orcs and Balrogs.

Still, the Elves would be funny. Leggy and his hair. The joy of laughing at vain elves
Old 02-23-2004, 03:09 PM   #13
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye Balrogs...Dum de Dum...

Yes, find the dead Balrog - and then eat it! [insert evil smily here]
Old 02-28-2004, 12:22 AM   #14
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

Amariden Ravenhill has just left Hobbiton.
I'd be the one smart enough to bring a sword and carry flint in my pocket.....Fire is goooooood........

Feanor: OoOoOo........flames! So bright....so beautiful.....*grins maniacally and keeps staring at the fire as though it were a priceless treasure like.....the Simarils *

Legolas, Galadriel and the other elves *scooting far, FAR away from Feanor*

Utślie'n aurė! Aiya Eldaliė ar Atanatįri, utślie'n aurė!
Amariden Ravenhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:31 AM   #15
Midnight

I can imagine the hobbits in moria.

Merry: "Pip, go and find something to light this fire"
Pippin wanders off and returns with fire.
Merry: "Where did you get that?"
Pippin:"Oh! From the nice beast over there"

Looms one large Balrog.

Old 02-28-2004, 03:36 AM   #16
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Wouldn't Merry and Pippin take the place of Ant and Dec? That cheeky duo who make your mum laugh with their 'kerazee' antics and Northern accents.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:58 AM   #17
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Quote:
England I've been watching all those stupid has-beens swanning around in Australia.
**laughes uncontrolably**>>rund off to tell parents who laugh their guts out>> runs off to tell siblings who laugh>> tells cat who looks bewildered...

That is really funny! Have any of them died? We dont even have the TV show here in Australia...

I think the winner of it would have to be Arwen... becuase Aragorn would for sure be voted out by the elves who hate him becuase he can do everything, but they end up whining for a few weeks becuase they have to live on twigs and grass becuase the ranger who cooked their food is gone.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 12:00 PM   #18
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Do you think any of the others in Saucepan Man's list could cook?

Arwen: Oops...
Faramir: What have you done?
Arwen: I burnt the beans... *Is strangled by the others*

Quote:
Have any of them died?
No, it was all too closely monitored! It would have been more interesting if they did. *Steals sharp knife from kitchen and begins plans to get to Australia, only to realise that the show has finished. Returns to computer, sulking*

That program had a load of boring has-beens, but Lord Brocket was funny, for those who watched it.

Could you imagine all the 'celebreties' dressed up as orc/elves/hobbits etc?