The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2022, 06:20 AM   #1
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots The Cast of "Rings of Power"

I've just discovered that back in January 2020, I did an analysis elsewhere of the initial 15 cast members announced for "Rings of Power". That inspired me to put together a list of all the cast members announced so far:

Confirmed roles:

Unknown Roles:
  • Joseph Mawle - originally announced as "Oren", the main antagonist
  • Tom Budge

Unidentified posters:

(ie, characters who got a preview poster, but for which no name has yet been confirmed)

I'll try to keep this updated as more announcements come out (at least for the next, uh, two months, until the series airs).

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 07-14-2022 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Numenoreans added.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 06:31 AM   #2
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My 2020 analysis post was over here (another forum), and I thought it'd be fun to see how I did:
  • Joseph Mawle - still unidentified. I said Sauron, but I'm now thinking - maybe Pharazon?
  • Robert Aramayo - Elrond. I said Aldarion, based on the idea of him as the male lead. I was misled!
  • Markella Kavenagh - Nori. I said Erendis, again on the female lead concept. I feel like they've moved away from "lead" as a concept, and especially from Elrond and Nori - the trailers have treated Galadriel as the lead character!
  • Owain Arthur - Durin IV. I said definitely a dwarf, and possibly even King Durin. Spot on!
  • Nazanin Boniadi - Bronwyn. I said "a native of Middle-earth", and she does seem to be.
  • Tyroe Muhafidin - Theo. I said he was definitely Bronwyn's child, and given that they've appeared together in pictures, that's still plausible.
  • Tom Budge - still unidentified, but I wanted him to be... Elrond. Presumably Isildur or Elendil, as they're probably on the posters.
  • Morfydd Clark - Galadriel. I said Galadriel! Way before we knew there was a Galadriel!
  • Ismael Cruz Córdova - Arondir. I said Haradrim, on the assumption of racism, and I'm pleased to be wrong.
  • Sophia Nomvete - Disa. Again, I said "almost certainly" Haradrim.
  • Ema Horvath - still unidentified. I have her as "a probable Numenorean", so she could plausibly be the missing Carine.
  • Megan Richards - Poppy Proudfellow. I just guessed Numenorean, but frankly she looks like a Hobbit.
  • Dylan Smith - Largo Brandyfoot. I guessed dwarf, he's a hobbit.
  • Charlie Vickers - Halbrand. I guessed Numenorean, which I think is correct. He's Galadriel's buddy on her raft.
  • Daniel Weyman - The Stranger. I guessed he was a Time Lord, and given his 'falling out of the sky on a comet' thing, I'm not going to say I was wrong!

So overall, I didn't do too badly - especially since the presence of Halflings was something I could never have predicted.

hS
Old 07-14-2022, 02:11 AM   #3
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

The Numenoreans dropped overnight, so I've gone through and added them. Their reveal article is here.

hS
Old 09-02-2022, 05:46 AM   #4
Andsigil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Andsigil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Robert Aramayo looks more like Breelander stock than an Elrond. That face would make for a fine stableboy at the Prancing Pony or muckfarmer near the Midwater Marshes. But an Elrond? No way: utterly lacking in the gravitas which Hugo Weaving projected.