The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2005, 10:45 AM   #11
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
To make things even easier for your poor, blind moderator, please post votes in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS. Thanks!
Does that mean that votes cast so far don't count?

If not, I should be most grateful, Anguirel, if you would amend your post to unembolden my name. I wouldn't want to be hung on a technicality.

It seems to me that all we really have to go on so far is the presumption that those making quick and rash accusations may be seeking to deflect blame from themseleves. But, as Feanor of the Peredhil points out, that's hardly firm evidence of guilt.

However, one point did occur to me on reflection. Feanor originally said:

Quote:
The Saucepan Man did it! I swear, I heard pots clanging around last night.
Now, assuming that the Werewolves are aware of what they are doing, what sense does it make that one would go about murder attired in pots and pans? And, if they are unaware of their foul deeds, it seems most likely that the transformation process would break the straps holding the pots and pans in place. See, they are really rather tight. So, either Feanor heard something other than a Werewolf or she is lying.

Maybe my pots and pans were rattling in the wind. But it has never happened before. So, does anyone have any idea as to what she might have heard? If not, I would conclude that her story was a ruse to deflect blame and find her guilty.