The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #1201
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
She says obsessions are good.
Not fair; why can't I meet kewl people like that?

~When you plan on buying tickets to the Special Showing of the Trilogy the day they are available (TOMORROW!!!). For peeps who don't know where to find them go HERE. You can find out about buying tickets and which theaters are participating! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-08-2003, 02:08 PM   #1202
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
During a get-to-know-you game in which you have to tell two truths and a lie about yourself, and everyone else has to guess which is the lie, you say as a truth that you can speak elvish, because you know that they'll ask you to speak some, and you want to show off your obsession. I told them to 'bado orch echado meleth.' (go kiss an orc) I did not translate it for them.
I did that too! Except, unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to speak any elvish. Although I did get asked whether there were any swear words in elvish [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]!
Sorry that you didn't get to see Elijah and Sean, guy [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] .

To get back on topic, here are some of my own:
~When you can recite all the dialog along with the trailer and watched it 4 times yesterday, causing your homework to be neglected.

~When you meet an old friend at fencing and imediately ask her what she thinks of LotR. She tells you that she thinks it's boring, but that she is a HP fanatic [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] . You suddenly find that you don't really have anything to talk with her about

~When you have nearly convinced your parents to let you go to the showing of all of LotR, despite the fact that it's a school night and they thionk you'll get deep vein thrombosis from sitting down for 9 hours straight. You will be happy to stay up late on a school night- LotR is way more educational than school, anyway!

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 10-08-2003, 03:00 PM   #1203
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
..from sitting down for 9 hours straight
Point one: It would be more than 9 hours, as Fellowship and Towers will be shown in their extended versions.

Point two: There will be restroom breaks inbetween movies. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-08-2003, 03:46 PM   #1204
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
LotR is way more educational than school, anyway!
Indeed.

In my theatre class, we have to read books out loud to practice voice stuff. (I can't remember the fancy name for it) Technically we're supposed to read a small book, (It's only supposed to take 3-5 minutes, but that's why I'm just reading the first bit of the book) but I decided to do The Hobbit, because it is a children's book. But then I saw Roverandom at the school library, checked it out, and decided to read the first part of that instead. Roverandom is a nice story! So, maybe not quite as obsessive as it could be, but still, it's Tolkien!

I think, 'Ai Eru' all the time! And reciting A Elbereth Gilthoniel is a good way to relax when you want to hurt some idiot badly.

Welcome to the 'downs, Mr. Bilbo Baggins Esq!!! Mae govannen, and enjoy thy death!

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]
Old 10-08-2003, 04:26 PM   #1205
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

I am truly surprised that this thread is not yet closed. But, I'm glad too.

--When you go without lunch to make a post on your RPG that closes today. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] (Fall of Greenwood the Great, if you're wondering, and you should all read it!)

--When you shout tell an annoying guy in your Art class to 'bado orch echado meleth.' (Do I really have to translate that? Haven't you seen it often enough?)

--When you do the same thing to an annoying guy in physics.

--When you nickname the little g.irl who plays Gretl in your school production of Sound of Music "Aurë" (Sun in elvish and I can't remember which one at the moment).

--When you are glad of an opportunity to walk the three miles home from school because you want to get closer to Rivendell and you want to be like the elves who could walk anywhere and still be fresh at the end.

--When you spend half of your computer time in Economics on the Downs (I still got the assignment finished, though. Most of it...)

--When you try to buy stocks in the Barrow Downs (stocksquest, unfortunately not real stocks) and are somewhat depressed when they aren't available.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 04:48 PM   #1206
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

~ When you are reading an assigned book in class and you notice the word "Aragon" and immediately think it says "Aragorn". [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~ When you think you hear Ents talking outside your bedroom window. It was so creepy! I heard a sort of deep rumbling noise that sounded like an Ent's voice.

YAY! I'll probably be able to see the Extended versions of the "FotR" and "TTT"! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I won't get to see "RotK" though, because it's on a Tuesday... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 PM   #1207
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

You know you're obsessed when you hang off the grey margin of the stage in drama class, tap your friend, say "Fly you fools", and slip down into the "shadows".
Old 10-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #1208
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Sting

Quote:
Point one: It would be more than 9 hours, as Fellowship and Towers will be shown in their extended versions.
Point two: There will be restroom breaks inbetween movies.
I know- this was just my dad being paranoid! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
~ When you are reading an assigned book in class and you notice the word "Aragon" and immediately think it says "Aragorn".
My best friend keeps calling him that! I paitently (or not so paitently) tell her that Aragon is a region of Spain and that Aragorn is the guy in LotR. She thinks he's hot, but she can't even get his name right! Although I suppose it's better than "that hot guy with long hair"

~When you try to draw a Silmaril, but with your nonexistant drawing skills, it comes out more like a clamshell.

~When you're *gasp* stranded without a book and you've finished your test in algebra early, you decide to practice drawing leaves, of course compulsively labeling each one Lassë

~When your motto (or one of them anyway) is
There can be no triumph
without loss
No victory
without suffering
No freedom
without sacrifice

It's just so darn cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~When people at fencing club talk about a move someone invented called "The Flying Fool," you always think they're saying "Fly, you fools!" [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 10-08-2003, 07:12 PM   #1209
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
*does the convert dance*
I'd love to know how you do that one... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
-You are more sad about the Jokes thread being closed than about anything else lately
Nooooooo! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But, you know I grudgingly admit BW's got a point(and it's pointed at me...)

Quote:
When you talk like Gollum to other people over things, or when you talk like Gollum to yourself when nobody's around (I'm guilty of those, too!)
I don't know whether to thank you guys or feed you to my man-eating Ent. I've picked up that horribly social-life-destroying(but eeriely satisfying) habit. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
She says obsessions are good.
*encouraged to continue with his obsession*

Quote:
~When you have nearly convinced your parents to let you go to the showing of all of LotR, despite the fact that it's a school night and they thionk you'll get deep vein thrombosis from sitting down for 9 hours straight. You will be happy to stay up late on a school night- LotR is way more educational than school, anyway!
Hey! I did that once with Star Wars!(at home, that is) But I'm still here, still alive(or am I? Mwahahahahaha!) Maybe I'll wait for RotK and get another chance to have a clotted leg vein...But this country of mine sucks! No extended version, and they're not showing RotK 'til next year! Stupid Christmastime film festival...
*goes on to cry*

Quote:
~ When you are reading an assigned book in class and you notice the word "Aragon" and immediately think it says "Aragorn".
Ever read the first Time article about the LotR movie? They said "Prince Aragon"! Why, the nerve of those uneducated...

Anyway, here is my addition:

You know you're obsessed with LotR when you convinve yourself that elves do exist, to the point that you think MI5 might be hiding them all in a warehouse or something. You plan to join MI5(after you graduate, that is) just to see them...

Wala lang!
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amarie the Vanyar

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 07:20 PM   #1210
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

So, would someone tell me why it is that when I have a chance to post, there are only a few posts, but when I don't, you all have filled a whole page without me and moved on to another?!?!

Anyway, I seriously need to get caught up. This post will be a long one, I hope it's worth it.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My LotR soundtracks/books/other accessories are precious, and NO one is to touch them...when I say NO one, I mean absolutely no one...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Definitely! I'm turning into a right little Gollum where my books are concerned.
Me too! But then, I'm like that about all my books and stuff in general.

Quote:
When one of your long term goals in life is to read LotR once a year.

My oh my..that's MY goal as well!!! Scary!
Yes, me too, and so far I'm doing well.... This year will be my fifth reading.

Quote:
My friend got annoyed with me for learning Elvish because, "No one actually speaks it!" So I started learning Gaelic, because Elvish is based on Gaelic. (I'm still working on Elvish though.)
Lucky! I want to learn Gaelic!

Quote:
Yeah, a lot of people seem to think that. Personally I think England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand are much better. America really isn't as great as most people seem to think. (Not that I hate it or anything, I just like other places better.)
Very true. And I live in America! I feel so treacherous! Hahaha, treachery is fun! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
guy who be short - Great idea about the blue and yellow braces!
Good color coordination, but for anyone else who was thinking to try this, I would warn against it. Yellow starts looking brown by the end of the month- not very nice.

Quote:
Today for social studies class, we had to come up with four qualities that we think the ideal person would possess. So naturally, I took a mixture of all the characters we know and love: loyalty for Sam; determination for Aragorn, and so on.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
And can you believe that some people think I'm weird for wanting to live in England? (Or Ireland, or Australia, or...I won't annoy you with a list of all the places I want to go. It's a very long list.)
Or Scotland, or the Czech Republic, or....

Quote:
Btw, sorry for quoting myself.
Not at all. I should try that sometime...

Quote:
When you dance like Luthien whenever you have an excuse, ie, all the time. (Like in the living room, onstage at school, down the road...)
Ah, yes, of course. I thought that was normal?......

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 07:51 PM   #1211
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

- When you come up with the perfect game for your school's Renaissance Festival, "Destroy the Ring." Basically, what it involves is, you find a riddle, and the answer to that riddle leads you to the next one, and so on and so forth, until you finally get to this little volcano where you drop the One Ring, and this cloud of smoke goes, "POOF!!!!" Meanwhile, these people in long black cloaks are chasing you around, and if they catch you with the One Ring, you get put in "jail" for 10 minutes.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:01 PM   #1212
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

Finwe, that sounds like a really cool game!

Quote:
I do that, too. My dad works with some chemicals at his work, and one of them is Argon. So when we went to see TTT, he kept calling Aragorn Argon! And he called Gimli Gimlik. It was kinda funny. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

When you see matches and lighters and automatically think of Meela and Denethor [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
When you hear the word pyromaniac and the first thing that comes to mind is DENETHOR!! I almost shouted it out at the dinner table when I heard that word... but thought better of it. My Mom wouldn't have been too thrilled with me...
Old 10-09-2003, 02:13 AM   #1213
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When you say goodbye to your friends you say "suilad" and they look at you and you say "did i say that?" and they go "yeah dude." and then you nodd and say: "Well, i cant help it can i?"

True story, happened to me this afternoon. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:07 AM   #1214
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When the following happens...:

German teacher (Frau Joch): Anybody know the German word for mirror?

(dull silence)

Mrs Joch: anybody?

(silence. someone yawns.)

Mrs Joch: The German word for mirror is "Die Smeagol".

(Everybody in the class swivels round to stare at TGWBS who (not failing them) starts giggling uncontrollably.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM   #1215
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

- You spend $30 on the Ring of Barahir from Tolkientown.com and hope to Elbereth that your dad doesn't ask what that random package is for you.

- You constantly look on eBay to see if any of the cast members of LotR are on sale. (Hey, you never know! They could need some extra cash!)

- When you've written about 100+ poems, fan fics, and ficlets somehow involving Middle-earth or Middle-earthian names.

- When your English teacher lets you help plan your school's Renaissance Festival just because you have so many great ideas to make it more LotR-themed.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:46 PM   #1216
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
My LotR soundtracks/books/other accessories are precious, and NO one is to touch them...when I say NO one, I mean absolutely no one...
Definitely! I'm turning into a right little Gollum where my books are concerned.

Indeed, indeed! In fact, once my mom threatened to take my books ( [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ) and I very nearly burst into tears (and actually did, when she followed through on the threat [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ). For the next week, I refused to speak to her, only muttering under my breath "She stole our precious, we hates her forever!"

Happily, she didn't hear me, and I did get my books back. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
- When you come up with the perfect game for your school's Renaissance Festival, "Destroy the Ring." Basically, what it involves is, you find a riddle, and the answer to that riddle leads you to the next one, and so on and so forth, until you finally get to this little volcano where you drop the One Ring, and this cloud of smoke goes, "POOF!!!!" Meanwhile, these people in long black cloaks are chasing you around, and if they catch you with the One Ring, you get put in "jail" for 10 minutes.
Oh, that's brilliant, Finwe! I'll have to use that idea sometime.

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-09-2003, 03:02 PM   #1217
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Shield

Haha, guy! I wish my school had a German class. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Well anyway...when you are half-asleep in social class, but then the teacher says something about the Mauryan empire (pronounced like Moria) and you snap back awake.

When you've made it your trademark to draw a miniature Minas Tirith on the back of every test paper you have. The teachers always give it strange looks, since I do it every time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 10-09-2003, 03:16 PM   #1218
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

You know you're obsessed when...you stay up until five in the morning (on a school night might I add) reading--AND finishing--The Book of Lost Tales, Part I while proceding to eat a Halloween size bag of Dumm Dumms, a nutri-grain bar, and about a quart of vanilla ice cream. *groans as stomach makes funny noises* [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
When the following happens...:

(dull silence)

(Everybody in the class swivels round to stare at TGWBS who (not failing them) starts giggling uncontrollably.
TeeHee!!! That's brilliant TGWBS! Although I'd have to say that almost everyone in my class would do the same thing!

I have another one of my own: When the following happens:

In music class, we are putting on little skits and my friend has to "yellow pus in a sore." My fiend asks the music teacher how to say it and she says, "Like gollum." She had no clue what she brought upon herself. me and my other obsessed friend (not pus) ran around the stage screaming and dancing and quoting Gollum/Smeagol and singing and doing cartwheels. My already scared music teacher then is I'm sure scarred for life now because we practically leap on her snarling and begging her to give usssssss the part, yessssss my preccioussssss... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 03:38 PM   #1219
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

- You do something horribly inane at home, and your mother threatens to take away your LotR books, and you burst into tears and start saying, "The thieves!!!! The filthy little thieves!!!! They stole our precious!!!!! Filthy little Baggins!!!!!!" and your mom takes the books away for a week. When she finally gave them back to me, she told me that I should go into either acting or the clown industry (so I could scare little kids). I didn't know whether to take the last part as an insult or a compliment, so I just kept quiet.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #1220
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

Quote:

(dull silence)

Heh heh heh. Did you know that the word for dwarf in French is "Nain" ? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~When you hear someone at school talking about seeing RotK, you immediately ask them if they know that the EEs of FotR and TTT are going to be played in your city. They look at you strangely. You are delighted because you love wierd looks.

~When you spend your extra time in school writing the Shire date on every day in your planner.

~When you and your mom are discussing famous first lines of books, you of course say that the opening line of The Hobbit is your favorite. Your mom says she prefers the opening lines of Pride and Prejudice and A Tale of Two Cities, but you still think The Hobbit has the best one [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 04:20 PM   #1221
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

You know you're obsessed when you are reading in your I.P.C. textbook and read the following like this:

Gadolinium>> Gondolin
anion>> Aniron
Thorium>> Thorin
Bohrium>> Boromir
Old 10-09-2003, 04:26 PM   #1222
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

You know you're obsessed when you buy a wizard charm for your bracelet at the town fair because it looks like Gandalf. Then you spend free time at school walking it across your desk and saying in a small voice, "You cannot pass!"
Old 10-09-2003, 04:50 PM   #1223
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Every day at lunch and in the mornings, you greet your friends with, "Mae govannen." And when you and your best mellon part ways at her 6th period reading class, you always say, "Namarië."
Old 10-09-2003, 04:54 PM   #1224
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

*You are eating your Wild Thornberrys crunch berries and wonder why they don't make LotR crunch berries.
*You post more than two consecutive times on this message board.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #1225
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Elwen_starmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elwen_starmaiden
Silmaril

Quote:
When you see matches and lighters and automatically think of Meela and Denethor
Or the word flammable for me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 06:08 PM   #1226
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Oh, so many posts since the last time I was here! (yesterday) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I must catch up!

Quote:
quote:
My friend got annoyed with me for learning Elvish because, "No one actually speaks it!" So I started learning Gaelic, because Elvish is based on Gaelic. (I'm still working on Elvish though.)

Lucky! I want to learn Gaelic!

I can call my sister a brat in Gaelic now! It's 'abaisd'. Don't try to pronounce that unless you have looked up proper Gaelic pronunciation, or you will get it wrong. Gaelic pronunciation is weird...Knowing Elvish pronunciation helps a lot though!
Seriously, Elvish and Gaelic are so similar! In Celtic mythology there is someone named Govannon. I don't think I need to point out what exactly that looks like! Also there is a goddess named Eriu. And now I know where Arianrod got his nick! Arianrhod. Gaelic stuff is sooo fun!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
quote:
Yeah, a lot of people seem to think that. Personally I think England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand are much better. America really isn't as great as most people seem to think. (Not that I hate it or anything, I just like other places better.)

Very true. And I live in America! I feel so treacherous! Hahaha, treachery is fun!
Yep, I live in America too!

Hmm, there was something else I was going to quote, but now I can't find it! [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

~When someone asks you to borrow The Hobbit, and, being the nice person you are, you let them, but say, "Be careful with our preciousss, yesss."
Old 10-09-2003, 06:27 PM   #1227
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

*wails in despair* I just went to buy tickets for the Trilogy Tuesday thing on December 16th, and they were already SOLD OUT!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] And the tickets only came on sale today!

Waaa, my life sucks right now... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

DEATH! DEATH TAKE US ALL!

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-09-2003, 06:58 PM   #1228
Elfwine
Pile O'Bones

Elfwine has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Oromin, Polly? Yeah. That's what I thought. Crazy, crazy girl. Gotta love 'er.

-When people ask about the callouses on your fingers and palms from playing the cello and the guitar, you look at them, sigh, shake your head and tell them that "skill with the blade does not come easy, nor fast, though years in the wilds can speed up the learning process."

-When you are reading The Pearl, one of the most horrible pieces of literature in the world (I lied, it's not that bad), for English class, and on a discussion day, accidently refer to the pearl as the Ring.

M'bah. That's all I can think of now.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:18 PM   #1229
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

Elennar, I really want to learn Gaelic, too! Are you learning Irish Gaelic, or Scottish? I want to learn Irish.

When you walk down the street, in the rain, singing Pippin and Merry's song from the Green Dragon. Unfortunately I didn't get any strange looks, because everyone else was in out of the rain.
When you walk through Wal-Mart singing the same song.
When the word ring always makes you think of the one ring
Old 10-09-2003, 07:30 PM   #1230
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Quote:
~When you try to draw a Silmaril, but with your nonexistant drawing skills, it comes out more like a clamshell.
When I do my pathetic attempt to draw the Two Trees, they end up looking like sundae cones.

Quote:
When you dance like Luthien whenever you have an excuse, ie, all the time. (Like in the living room, onstage at school, down the road...)
I did that at my sister's(Lhunardawen) dormitory, and got three weird stares! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Enjoyable! I must look like a deranged homosexual or something, but it's fun. Takes out all the Gollumity in me(did I just invent that word?)

Quote:
When you've made it your trademark to draw a miniature Minas Tirith on the back of every test paper you have. The teachers always give it strange looks, since I do it every time.
I do a big Ring Inscription on the front page of my test booklet. I get several deductions for that. Oh, the torment of an LotR freak...

Quote:
...she told me that I should go into either acting or the clown industry (so I could scare little kids). I didn't know whether to take the last part as an insult or a compliment, so I just kept quiet.
Mom tells me the same thing, too, whenever I get that irresistible feeling to speak elvish, or do my Gollum thing. I never care. It's part of who I am... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's time to contribute to this thread...

~You run around your sister's school, shouting, "Come hither, mansbane, and get a new name!" Got four weird stares for that... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

~When you find yourself locked outside your house, you knock hard, and shout in a Nazgul voice, "Open, in the name of Mordor!" That should get them up...

~When you do nothing obsessive all day, because you spent your entire waking day at BD! (Did that yesterday!)

Wala lang!
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amarie the Vanyar
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:35 PM   #1231
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Your freind Cym warns her boyfriend not to talk to the other anti sexual LOTR fan in the area.

She is surprised that you havent mentioned LOTR all day cause you are obbsessing over your newest crush, and your Gothic angst.

You run around the club dance floor , Literlay, yelling " Frodo Lives" Over and over again. the DJ coments something about a " Perky Goth." Your other freind Sarah looks at you and just coments something about your head and a meatcleaver. All the While sparky is laughing his head off. Next time you plan to run around screaming " Do the waave for boroamer the DIsco King!"
Old 10-10-2003, 03:56 PM   #1232
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you and a friend give endearing names to the actors you really like in LOTR eg beanie is sean bean, kelley is ian mckellen, morty is viggo mortensen and ChrisLee is...well, you can guess that one.

you then compile a quiz that consist of questions such as 'do you like tolkien?' 'do you like johnny depp?' do you like[insert above actors]?' etc and give it to everyone you know. when asked why they are doing it you tell them 'so we can decide if we like you'
'can't you do that by my personality?'
'NO'

if they get an answer wrong you give them a week to 'think over their mistake' and then give it to them again. you vow never to stop until everyone has answered every single question correctly
Old 10-10-2003, 04:37 PM   #1233
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
It's part of who I am...
Right on! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~ When you try to open the refridgerator by saying "Mellon!" at your church youth group spagetti dinner, but it doesn't work. A girl came up and opened it for me and gave me a weird look. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

NO! I can't think of any more obsessive things!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:11 PM   #1234
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Elennar, I really want to learn Gaelic, too! Are you learning Irish Gaelic, or Scottish? I want to learn Irish.
Irish. I will PM you some links!

~When you become very excited when you discover that there is a type of tomatoe called 'Brandywine', and that your dad is growing some in the garden. (They taste really good, by the way.)

Oh, dear, all my Gaelic studies are affecting my brain, instead of typing 'w' I have started typing 'bh' sometimes, and all because in Gaelic, 'bh' is pronounced as either a 'w' or a 'v'.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:39 PM   #1235
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I have a set of teach yourself Gaelic tapes, but I don't know whether they're for Irish or Scottish.

~When you encounter someone who says they think LotR is boring, and that they liked The Hobbit, but gave up in the middle of reading TTT, you are forced to tell her Bado orch echado meleth and Mîbo orch. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You say you will tell her what these mean when she reads LotR. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ October 10, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 10-10-2003, 09:20 PM   #1236
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

when you write on your hand "I <3" really big and everyone says "oooh, who do you like?" and you point to the tiny writing that says "lord of the rings"

I love that, gets them everytime [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:13 PM   #1237
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Well, I've returned to BK to support my RotK habit.

My brother mentioned that I really liked LotR, and now he keeps getting called "Samwise Gamgee" because his name is Sam. We are going to call the perpetrator (Ron) "Elrond".

A man stopped in tonight, his name was "Wightman". I immediately thought of our dear ol' Wight. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:57 AM   #1238
lothlorien

lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi I have just signed up and I came across
a few boards by accident. I have only just begun my obsession with Tolkiens work and I am driving my family insane with my obsession. My friends and family members started insisting I stop reading tolkien
(Have you ever been on one of those really long car trips that take like 8 hours)
well we were on one of those and my sister asked me where abouts Mina's Morgul was and I told her about the ages of middle earth and the Geography of middel earth eventually 6 hours later my 2 sisters were staring of into space and my father stopped the car and said IF YOU DON'T STOP TALKING YOU'LL WALK THE REST OF THE WAYso I had to stop right at an interesting part to.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 03:06 AM   #1239
lothlorien

lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I spelt that wrong I mean middle earth
anyway I am not going to stop reading tolkiens work they may take my books but they'll never take middle earth away NEVER!!!
lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:42 AM   #1240
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

You say to your boyfriend, when he's slightly late for your date at the movies, "Le abdolen.... You look terrible!" and both of you burst out laughing.

(I'm so lucky that he's so understanding!!!!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]