The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2003, 09:25 PM   #121
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hi elfearz! *waves* It's good to see you here. Help yourself to donuts, lembas, punch, and et cetera. Eru knows we brought enough to eat... <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-20-2003, 12:40 PM   #122
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What is apple crisp? And are those chocolate cookie cookies or chocolate biccie cookies? And I like apple and cinammon doughnuts!!! Ah well...<P>I reeeeeeally reeeeeeeeally hope the solo is in it!!! Oooh and I suppose I must ask...WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING WITH TRILOGY TUESDAY HERE??? (In England that is...)<P>EDIT: Oooh, Orlando's Top Fangirl...(no you aren't, I am!!! ) be careful on this board, ok? Or you might be lynched for being a Nazgirl or something...I don't know where our bad reputation came from, as I haven't found any 'Nazgirls' yet ...we ought to set up a defence league for ourselves!<p>[ October 20, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 10-20-2003, 01:03 PM   #123
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Heehee, Pip's solo is gonna be in the theatrical release! *sparkly Anime-style heart eyes*<P>*skitters off to watch the RotK trailer again.*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-20-2003, 06:26 PM   #124
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

All I can say to that is...<P><BR><B>HAIL TO THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!</B>
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:00 PM   #125
kittygirl02
Haunting Spirit

kittygirl02 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittygirl02
Sting

YAY!!<BR>( I still haven't seen the whole trailer yet, but still, yay!)

I may be different, but differences don't make you special.It's what you do with your differences that make you special.
kittygirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:00 PM   #126
miellien
Animated Skeleton

miellien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

First of all, much chocolate is needed. A "friend" stopped by work to inform me that she had tickets for Trilogy Tuesday. did she get one for me? NOoo! And yes, I am a cheddarhead. Somebody better get choclate quick.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:19 AM   #127
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

*in an effort to appease the masses, brings in about 200 lbs. worth of chocolate bars* Dig in, peeps. <P>That's so harsh, miellien! How could someone be so rude as to have tickets for that and not get one for you? *fume* -,-# Some people have no tact.<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-21-2003, 02:54 PM   #128
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

*drools* Chocolate.... Thanks, Sapphire_Flame! *grabs some chocolate, sits down and scarfs it*<P>I can't wait... *twitch* ...only 57 days! It sounds so...not far off! Yet very far off... We're almost at the 50-day line!<P>I can't wait to see Pippin's solo... Heh heh Awwww...
Old 10-21-2003, 07:04 PM   #129
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

OK...QUESTION *starts talking with a mouth full of cake* whats the deal with the rumors ive heard about all three movies *directors cut* being in theaters? is all this true? am i getting excited for NOTHING?! someone help me here...all this anticipation is hurting my head. AND if it IS true can you tell me where i can pre~reserve tickets to this amazing event thanks yall
Old 10-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #130
Haunting Spirit

Eye

AND...uno mas question... whats pippens solo? i seem to have forgotten that part in the book...can someone help me out here?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #131
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Apple crisp is basically baked apples with an oatmeal topping. Ex-tra good.<P>I hear that Pippin's solo (he sings in front of Denethor, apparently) will be on the soundtrack. Yipee!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:46 PM   #132
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>AND...uno mas question... whats pippens solo? i seem to have forgotten that part in the book...can someone help me out here?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, un hombre (mujer?) quien hombla espanol! Yo no hablo much espanol...tengo dos anos. Yo estudio mas! Did I make an error?<P>As for the "pregunta" itself (question), the solo itself wasn't sung in the book. Denethor inquired about it, but Pippin declined to sing. It IS going to be in the movie though, it's for sure.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:57 PM   #133
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>whats the deal with the rumors ive heard about all three movies *directors cut* being in theaters? is all this true? am i getting excited for NOTHING?! someone help me here...all this anticipation is hurting my head. AND if it IS true can you tell me where i can pre~reserve tickets to this amazing event<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yes, this is true. In certain theaters, there are going to be limited releases of the EV's of Fellowship and Towers. I believe Fellowship is showing the week of December 5th, and Towers the week of the 12th. Also, there is a special showing of all three movies (FotR, TT, and RotK) on the 16th of December (Trilogy Tuesday). The tickets for that went on sale on the 9th of October, and (unless you are completely undeservedly lucky) it sold out within the first three hours of going on sale. <P>The complete information can be found at <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net" TARGET=_blank>The Lord of the Rings webpage</A>. I just told what I know.<P>*begins munching on a chocolate bar* Man, I can't wait for RotK!!! I found the playlist for the soundtrack on another thread, printed it, and have seriously freaked out about five times since doing so, because I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!! *sigh*<P>Why can't it be <I>November</I> 22 right now instead of October?<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-23-2003, 10:37 AM   #134
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Ey everybody!<P>It's been a while since I last was here, but for some reason it was impossible for me the reach the Barrowdowns! Not nice, I can tell you that...<P>So, Pips solo is going to be in it? That's good, now I have even more to long for. *sigh* How long again 'till it's December the 17th? 54 days?<P>*grasps a chocolate bar* Nice! Thanks <B>Sapphire_Flame</B>!<P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.<P>On, and BTW, Elentari (oh most mighty one ), your so silent lately. I didn't really scare you with the abduction-plans, now did I? I was just kiddin, don't worry!
Old 10-23-2003, 11:14 AM   #135
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

No problem, Aeth. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>How long again 'till it's December the 17th? 54 days?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yeah. But it's just about a month until the soundtrack for RotK comes out, and Pip's song will be on there. Track 5. There's a thread about it in here somewhere...<P><B><I>ONLY 54 DAYS UNTIL ROTK IS IN THEATERS!!!</I></B><P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-23-2003, 06:00 PM   #136
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dűm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

*waves* Hiya Sapphire *grabs a doughnut* <P>mmm... this reminds me of... ROTK!!! *implodes from excitement*
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 06:40 PM   #137
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I honestly cannot take this any more! I've been watching the RotK trailer about five times an evening, and I bought a life-size Aragorn cut-out from tolkientown.com which I have in my room, and I've been reading the book about once every two days. I just cannot take this any more!!!!!!!!!! <P><BR>*fumes*
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 08:42 PM   #138
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> (unless you are completely undeservedly lucky) it sold out within the first three hours of going on sale. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I know! I cried when I found out that they were sold out where I am! My mom says that I should write to the theater and request that they have another showing. She says that they would make a lot of money if they had another showing, and that they will do all they can to make money. It's worth a try anyway. Maybe we should start a support group for those of us who couldn't get tickets!
Old 10-24-2003, 09:44 PM   #139
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Here's a tip: Look forward to Christmas. Then you'll be happy to find that RotK is upon you!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 10-25-2003, 09:01 PM   #140
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

51 days, 20 hours, 11 minutes. How's everybody holding up? I brought some chex mix this time, the chocolate's running low. (Hey, we got a spill over here...)
Old 10-25-2003, 11:29 PM   #141
miellien
Animated Skeleton

miellien has just left Hobbiton.
OK, sorry I consumed most of the chocolate. I needed it at the time. Anybody want some Bugles and salsa? I brought drinks too!!
Old 10-26-2003, 05:10 AM   #142
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Hey, Aethelwine! Nah, I wasn't really scared...just checking, that's all... <P>Ahh, so that's what apple crisp is...never seen it before. Oh well.<P>*Scoffs a chocolate bar*<P>Yeah man, I can't wait for the solo! I also want to see what they've done with that last battle in front of the Morannon. That was so emotional for me, but all the focus has been on the Pelennor fields.<P>*Brings a few packets of jammy dodgers* Enjoy! *Takes a few* Muahahahaha!
Old 10-26-2003, 11:54 AM   #143
Aethelwine
Wight

Oh well, that's good, Elentari. Well, that's solved then. On to the next crazy thing!<P>How can you all stomach eating? I'm so nervous! <P>Anyway, listen to what I got from my sweat ada! I had to go to the dentist (again ) Well, my father was with me, and he can't stomach dentists. So, because I was brave, he brought me a small book. Guess what?<P>...<P>It's the previeuw-book from ROTK! With all those pictures in it, that you see as spoilers! With text with it! It's great!<BR>Down side is the fact that, if possible, it makes the waiting even more unbeareble! *Grasps jammy dodger* What is this?<P>Love,<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:12 PM   #144
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Please do try to keep your posts Tolkien-related; as interesting as junk food is, it's rather off-topic on the Downs' forum! You could tell us what parts you are looking forward to seeing, what spoilers you enjoy, etc.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:08 PM   #145
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Estelyn, you're on a diet, aren't you? No, just kidding. She's right, folks, let's keep the "junk" posts to a minimum. <P>Aethelwine, you said you got that book...if there are any new pictures that you haven't yet seen on TheOneRing.net, then you stand a good chance of scanning them and getting them published on TheOneRing.net!
Old 10-26-2003, 03:09 PM   #146
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What's this spoiler-book?? Sounds good! <P>I am looking forward to the Denethor parts.<P>I enjoy all Denethor spoilers.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:40 PM   #147
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I think the spoiler book would be the picture story book. Most of the images were probably the ones featured on TheOneRing.net not long ago, but it seemed like there would be some more than were shown, so I thought if someone actually got the story book itself, they might scan and submit those new pics. But it's a tricky thing...the story books really aren't good because they can't spoil things like Shelob and what happens after the unmaking of the Ring!
Old 10-27-2003, 01:47 AM   #148
Aethelwine
Wight

Sting

Dear <B>Knight</B>, your right. It is indeed that picture story book. Not all things are shown, neither what happens after the destroying of the ring. And indeed, again , not all pictures are up yet. The downside being that I can't scan anything, because my scanner can't connect with my computer... Not nice!<P>Sorry <B>Esty</B>, your right. <BR>What I look foreward to? The entire movie! I feel sorry that the Scouring won't be in it, but then again, it will be more special every time I read about it in the books, because I can still (or have to) use my own imagination.<P>No, but what I really want to see, are Minas Tirith and the ride of the Rohirrim, to the aid of Gondor. That'll be awesome! <P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:30 AM   #149
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

(Jammy dodgers are biscuits, with...wait for it...jam in the middle. Very yummy. You can't tell me you haven't heard of them??!!!!)<P>Hmm, I think the battle of the Pelennor Fields will be interesting. The story line will have to keep switching between the Rohirrim, Aragorn &co, and Pippin &co. Interesting, no?<BR>Hang on, when abouts does that bit where Aragorn goes 'This day we fight!' happen? It can't be the Pelennor Fields, because the Rohirrim got there at the last minute. On the other hand, I can't imagine it will be the last battle either, but it must be that. And I suppose that rather despairing bit where all the soldiers from Gondor surrounding Minas Tirith come in, but always in too small numbers, will be left out. A shame that. The last battle, it seems, will be entirely between the Rohirrim and Gondor on one side, and the Dark side on the other.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:33 AM   #150
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Hang on, when abouts does that bit where Aragorn goes 'This day we fight!' happen? It can't be the Pelennor Fields, because the Rohirrim got there at the last minute. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Now you may think I'm going over the top, and I'm always reading too much into things when I see them, BUT (and I hope I'm wrong - please correct me if you can)<P>have you noticed the new toybiz aragorn? IE The "Pellonor Fields poseable Aragorn". He is in his Gondorian armour. Now how come he's wearing this when he is fighting on the Pellonor fields?<P>I'm just wondering if Aragorn will turn up BEFORE the main attack takes place, and then rally his troops befoer the Rohirrim turn up? How on earth will he get the unifrom otherwise?<P>It could always be a mistake from toybiz I suppose, as the rotk trailer shows the guys discussing tactics in the throne room(supposedly on the attack of the black gates), we see Aragorn in his old costume again......<P>(ps obviously jackson has aragorn enter the city to plan the next stage not only to go to the houses of the healing, instead of in his tent on the pellonor fields itself)
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:25 PM   #151
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Oh yum! Thanks for bringing those, Elentári! <P>Let's see, the bits I can't wait to see... SHELOB!!! Oh, and everything with Pippin. ^^ Cutie!<P>Oh, and Meela, if you didn't notice, there is a new piccie up on TORn of the Pyre (pre-combustion ), that is pretty cool. Just thought you'd like to know.<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-27-2003, 02:08 PM   #152
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

(Pleasure, Sapphire Flame!!!)<P>Well, it being a film, not a faithful rendition of the book, I suppose PJ will have the Paths of the Dead over and done with a while before the attack on the Pelennor Fields. Which will completely lose the tension. Grrrrr.......
Old 10-27-2003, 05:52 PM   #153
Haunting Spirit

Eye

OMG...that makes me so MAD!! i cant believe that i missed the date to buy them. GRRRR!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:05 PM   #154
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

It must be the Pellenor fields, because at the very first shot you see of the soldiers in the preview, you can see Gondor and the massive hoards of Orcs attacking. Still, one must wonder where Aragorn gets the Gondorian duds...and why he is shown in the White City with his Ranger duds on beforehand, saying they can give Frodo a chance.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:34 AM   #155
The_Hand
Haunting Spirit

The_Hand has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Since this is the support group to Rotk I thought it best to post my thoughts here:<P>I just bought TICKETS to ROTK!!! (well it was yesterday but whose countin') I'm so happy! My friends and I went down to the cinema one day before and I was in line 21 hours!!!! But it was worth it because I WAS FIRST IN LINE!!!! NUMBER ONE! I was the first to buy in my home town! And I got the best seat in the house! I'm sooooo happy and now I really can't wait till 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gosh! Has anyone else gotten really good tickets!? <P>It was really fun standing (or more correctly sitting) in line except that it was 0 degrees celsius at night! (so very cold) but we all had a blast! <BR>When I got to school, only missing one class, I was so exhausted I almost couldn't stand up strait. But it was all worth it! <P>and as we say in Norway:<BR>FY FAEN SĹ KULT!<P>thanks... I really needed to get that off my chest! aaaah it felt great.
The_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:14 PM   #156
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Ahhh...is this the whole thing about camping for days and queueing up in costume??? <BR>At my local cinemas you buy the tickets (You won't be able to buy them until a few days before, although I think you can book them for a small fee) and sit where you like...if you turn up early enough. I got there 15 minutes early last year, and it was like 3pm or something...(legged it from school), and only the front row was empty. I swear all those adults should have been at work! My neck really hurt afterwards...grrr
Old 10-28-2003, 01:22 PM   #157
The_Hand
Haunting Spirit

The_Hand has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was as I said first in line so I could chose any seat I wanted... my sister and a friend were right behind me and we all picked the best seats in the house... THE FRONT ROW! At our cinema which has been reported being the best in Northern-Europe or something it's always best to sit in the front row! Although only we know it! Because then you can lean back (very good chairs that go way back) and it's like your sitting smack in the middle of the movie! We always sit there. When we buy ticket it's like: "oh it's YOU lot" but we don't care because our seat are never taken!!! and now I'm gonna watch the best movie ever in the best seat ever!!!
The_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:57 PM   #158
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Ahh, well in the nearest cinema to my school it is best to sit nearer the back. Then you don't get a stiff neck. <BR>But in the cinema near where I live it is best to sit in the middle. So there you go. (Yuppie-doos, I have more than one near me )
Old 10-28-2003, 04:09 PM   #159
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Here's more chocolate! *dumps a bag the size of a fell beast in the middle of the thread* Eru knows we'll need it. <P>In the theaters by me, it's always best to sit in the middle. Then you don't get a stiff-neck (too close) or nose bleeds (from sitting up too high!).<P>On opening day for Towers, my dad and I went; we only got to the theater about an hour and a half early, but we still got seats right in the middle! Ah, the joys of going in a small group... <P><B><I>ONLY 50 DAYS LEFT UNTIL ROTK!!!</I></B><P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-28-2003, 05:32 PM   #160
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

With our bad timing and good-size group (6-12 people), it's almost a tradition to sit one or two rows from the front for the opening day. And I suspect it'll happen again for RotK. But hey, we have a tradition. <BR>Now, if only someone would dress in costume with me. <BR>I guess if keep looking forward to RotK, the release of Extended Version TTT will be upon us! <BR>See ya!<BR>~M