Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #521
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I just got an idea.

How about, if we twist this a bit more still? (or are we running out of time?)

If we other Bregos, trailing Osmod and Fion, would not be so far behind, and would catch an eye of a twisted situation? Just, say, seeing figures in threatening positions to each other from somewhat far away?

Then our two veteran riders would come up with a quick plan to release O & F, and we would make a rescue-attack foursome? That would of course had to be a total disaster (hope no-one gets hurt physically)!

So we could try to run you down Wolfhamers? Coming from different sides all four, with lances pointed - and whatever we have, trying to make as much havoc and damage as possible to free our friends. Then we would just have to try to fade it in seconds, at the last instant, as we rush in between you all others and seeing you to be in good terms with each other... It probably is hard to stop your movement, when you're charging with full speed against someone just very near to you, enraged by your wish to save your friend?

This would probably take something like two posts (at least) from us to make the plan and to go for it. Probably everyone of us should have to write at least once before we are at you others.

How does it sound to you? I'm perfectly well with a more peaceful meeting too.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #522
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Doesn't matter to me, as long as Fion doesn't get his throat slit in the process!

I'm trying to decide whether I should leave Fion unconcscious for a little while longer, until the other Bregos show up, or make him wake up very soon and find himself with a knife to his throat... Choices... Either way could be potentially humorous, and potentially dangerous.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #523
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I'll just remove my save, then.

Bregos, post as you wish.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #524
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I just got an idea.

How about, if we twist this a bit more still? (or are we running out of time?)

If we other Bregos, trailing Osmod and Fion, would not be so far behind, and would catch an eye of a twisted situation? Just, say, seeing figures in threatening positions to each other from somewhat far away?

Then our two veteran riders would come up with a quick plan to release O & F, and we would make a rescue-attack foursome? That would of course had to be a total disaster (hope no-one gets hurt physically)!

So we could try to run you down Wolfhamers? Coming from different sides all four, with lances pointed - and whatever we have, trying to make as much havoc and damage as possible to free our friends. Then we would just have to try to fade it in seconds, at the last instant, as we rush in between you all others and seeing you to be in good terms with each other... It probably is hard to stop your movement, when you're charging with full speed against someone just very near to you, enraged by your wish to save your friend?

This would probably take something like two posts (at least) from us to make the plan and to go for it. Probably everyone of us should have to write at least once before we are at you others.

How does it sound to you? I'm perfectly well with a more peaceful meeting too.
Problem is you are supposed to have waited for quite a while.... and then we galloped towards the Wulfham camp when you have no reason to do so. Unless the Wulfham people decide to keep us trapped for a while, all this would be happening maybe even before you all leave the village!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #525
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I tend to want to continue with the story line. Save more good stuff for later to come. I think we should be at least some what friendly after this quick squirmish. Well perhaps not Vaenosa....but who knows
Old 03-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #526
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Problem is you are supposed to have waited for quite a while.... and then we galloped towards the Wulfham camp when you have no reason to do so. Unless the Wulfham people decide to keep us trapped for a while, all this would be happening maybe even before you all leave the village!
That was just the thing I wondered - what is the time-gap between us? Maybe it's not believable, that we could see some trouble, even from a distance. I would guess we are something like 15 minutes behind you? Would that be well?

Maybe we just continue in a more peaceful manner?

But anyhow: we are now following Osmod's and Fion's tracks already (RL-wise), so we probably should wait (RL) a little for the situation to clear a bit, before we come in?

Has anyone ideas about it? We have the fresh track to follow by the lead of an excellent trailer (Raedwald), so we'll find our way. When we approach the trees, we would surely be more alarmed and come more slowly... but other than that?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #527
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I would like it if Arry posted then a few more from the other Wulfhamers and Farael then we should meet up at last.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:16 PM   #528
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have the impression that if the Brego's happened to come up on us Wulfhamers at this moment, the Bregowarians wouldn't wait very long to ask questions. Their two companions happen at the time to be, one knocked out with a knife at his throat, and another with a net over his head and well caught. Things would be bad if they came upon us just now.

So, what I think could happen, seeing as the gap needs to be filled up anyway - we Wulfhamers should have time to figure out our mistake and at least Osmod is at peace with us. I don't know what Fionn will be, at peace or war, depending on if he's still out cold or whatever.

And then, by the time the other Bregos come up, we aren't looking like we're about to kill their two companions.

-- Folwren
Old 03-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #529
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
And then, by the time the other Bregos come up, we aren't looking like we're about to kill their two companions.
That's exactly what I meant by drawing back my earlier suggestion, and as I thought, that we last Bregos should wait somewhat (RL), or we could discuss something on our short way to meet you.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #530
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Save filled.

Tevildo - I've used Dorran briefly. Please let me know if an edit is needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farael - I've left a hook for Osmod to respond to Brand; an opportunity for Osmod to "show his quality" (as Sam said to Faramir in 'The Window on the West'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we're all now together - let's drop heading our posts with the village names.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:58 PM   #531
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Undómë: I let Sythric call Raedwald a master tracker in my post (Raed. seemed to do quite well in your earlier post - he might be generally known as one?). I also let him agree to Sythrics plan of S. taking a quick look to the shoreline while the others would already go forwards.

I'll edit anything you think needs editing in that.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #532
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod:
Fion and Osmod went straight through the village..... they are at least half an hour ahead of the rest. I'm not sure you'd get there in time... plus, we've moved on. which doesn't mean you guys can't think we might be in a dangerous situation... but that'd be overkill IMHO

Maeggaladiel:
I'm working on a post... I need to know if you want Fion to awake shortly after the hit or not. Not a big deal, but just to know.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #533
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Right... er... I'd post now, but I have to consider my post. I'm sort of in three RPGs suddenly with things I have to THINK about, and normally I could get thoughts out for one, but now I'm thinking for three characters... one I have to come up with a decent mission for a smuggler (faction leader) and deal with someone hitting on me, two I have to get onto Coruscant through shields in the middle of a WAR, and now I need to figure this out...

So I'll let it be taken by those who might understand more about what Bregoware's doing, and I'll post tommorow. Because I'm not so sure I follow, and at any rate, Eostre's no tracker.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #534
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Farael: I think I'll make Fion wake up pretty soon, since the Bregos won't be showing up for a while. Go ahead and write your post in whatever way works best for you, though. It really doesn't matter to me-- if you want him awake or out cold, go ahead and write him that way.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:23 AM   #535
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
I have done a post!! Incana is asking Osmod a question now. Maybe one or two of the group could go and find his other group members and bring them safely into camp....so there is not another repeat of what has happened
Old 03-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #536
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I shall post sometime today, when I get home from school. Great posts everyone! I will put up a save and if anyone wants to post go ahead and I will just do mine as a filler, to tell about Vaenosa's feelings and what not about the situation.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #537
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Don't forget, we have a healer among us, so if anything needs to be fixed up, Leod can do it.

Also, I was thinking. Athwen appears to have been pretty shaken by this (and who can blame her?), and it might not be utterly unlikely that she might quietly get up on her horse an go for a short ride, seeing as he's standing right there behind her, saddled and bridled and prepared. If she does, should she be spotted by the oncoming Bregos? It's a possibility. But if anyone thinks it unlikely, that's fine to. It was just an idea that popped into my head. What they'd do when they saw her, Nogrod, Undome, and Eowyn S. would have to decide. What would you all think if I came riding not exactly towards you, but someway to the right or something?

-- Folwren
Old 03-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #538
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Folwren

Why don't you just write a little something and see what we Bregos might do . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #539
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I totally forgot about Leod being a healer. I don't think we wulfhamers besides Brand knows he is right? Well I could get the willowbark and then Leod could make tea or something.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #540
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
Folwren

Why don't you just write a little something and see what we Bregos might do . . .
Well, yes. . .but I actually said something to see if anyone thought it was a dumb idea that Athwen just happens to decide to up and ride and just happens to ride somewhere where you Bregos can catch sight of her.

But, whatever I decide to do, it will wait until I get home.

-- Folwren
Old 03-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #541
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Just curious... do Meghan and Eostre follow after Sythric and Raewald, or wait until they get back or something? I missed that... are we just following a bit behind them?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #542
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, I put up a save.... I'm just not inspired enough tonight but the story is moving on and I want to sneak in an answer by Osmod before it moves on too far.

By the way, Pio... could you move my save up before Fowlren's last post? or right after Valier's
Old 03-24-2006, 12:21 AM   #543
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I have filled my save
Old 03-24-2006, 02:58 AM   #544
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker

The four remaining Bregos are riding close together - weapons held ready . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-24-2006, 03:09 AM   #545
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Farael

I can't actually move other's posts about - but, if you put your post here or on your present SAVE and tell me where to move it, I can do that.

~*~ Pio
Old 03-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #546
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
The four remaining Bregos are riding close together - weapons held ready . . .
And as I see the four Bregos aprroaching the blanket-covered body that has bleeded quite recently, I will give us some troubled hearts...

What is it? Osmod? Fion? a trap? There is high grass all around, as Incana couldn't see through it earlier, so it would be a great place for a trap indeed. We were able to see it from far away, because we were somewhat at a higher place then?

I'll fill my save in an hour or two from this time on...

EDIT: I filled it.

You others, take on from it. And someone might get a glimpse of Athwen riding back to the woods eg. away from them (to the camp), if you want to make this really astonishing for us Bregos = What to do? A trap or not: an enemy just in hands reach or not, a killed companion, a lost companion (where), an unknown girl riding away from us in the middle of this chaos...? What to do?

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-24-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #547
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks very much Arry for bringing Dorran along. I've put up a save and will fill it this weekend after I read everyone's posts.

That's what you get for following Dorran's advice! The poor kid set in motion a string of events and feels rather foolish.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:31 AM   #548
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll wait until Farael fills his save before I make Fion wake up. Until that time, Wulfhams, consider him soundly unconscious. Feel free to add him in your posts if you want, as a prop or whatever; I doubt anyone will be able to god-mod an unconscious man in way that would go against his character.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:29 AM   #549
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry guys, another late night for me... far too late to get a post done. At least it was for a better reason than studying tonight. If any of you is Canadian you might have heard of the Men In Kilts, a band from here in Manitoba.... went to watch them play tonight they are awesome.

But back on topic, I'll try to get a post up tomorrow. Its going to be a busy week and with a really bad timing... if I disapear feel free to carry Osmod along, but not 'till I get my save filled.

Thanks =)
Old 03-26-2006, 02:11 AM   #550
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Save filled. Dorran has offered an apology to Brand and also asked a question. Don't know whether Incana's been able to get any more information on the strangers.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:53 AM   #551
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Save filled too.

My posts are getting smaller every time, and more patched together... let me know if I messed something up.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:50 AM   #552
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I saw that Dorran was hacking some wood. That sound should be heard miles away!

So Undómë, if you write about seeing Athwen, you could also describe us hearing the noise of wood-cutting... adding still more to the confusion!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #553
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Farael

Do you want your post moved as you said previously in the discussion thread?

~*~ Pio
Old 03-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #554
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Farael

Do you want your post moved as you said previously in the discussion thread?

~*~ Pio
Yes, Sorry Pio... just a little higher up. Thanks =)
Old 03-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #555
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Save filled.

Meghan has done something that would most likely be called rash and even stupid. But then, she's not a military person, like Rædwald or Sythric.

Folwren

Meghan is galloping after Athwen. Whether Athwen sees her as threatening, is all up to you!
Old 03-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #556
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Farael, Folwren

I switched the texts of each of your game posts at the bottom of page 6 so that Farael's fits into the flow of the game - and neither of you lose a post count.

~*~ Pio
Old 03-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #557
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Maybe Radwald would go after Meghan, by instinct - being the one to cover for her? That would leave Syhric and Eostre to discover the deer under the blanket... As no enemies have rised up from the grass by Meghan's rush, the others might feel quite comfortable with the situation?

Could you write the scene Eowyn? I'm not sure I have time for it in a couple of days...
Old 03-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #558
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Farael, Folwren

I switched the texts of each of your game posts at the bottom of page 6 so that Farael's fits into the flow of the game - and neither of you lose a post count.

~*~ Pio
Great, Pio, thanks.

------------------

Nogrod and Undómë:

Um. . .I guess someone might decide to follow Meghan. If Raedwald ended up doing that, Athwen, who has turned and greeted her quite amiably, might decide to be a little nervous. But, be that as it may, I've already written a post, and I think I'll go ahead and put it up. If you decide, Undómë, to have Raedwald follow Meghan out, I might edit my post a little and have her draw up her horse earlier than she did. . .but, for now, I'll leave it, and we'll see what happens. It would be interesting to have Athwen land herself in something of an awkward mess. It would serve her right, too, I think, for being over trusting.

-- Folwren
Old 03-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #559
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

.... And Fion is back in the game!

Just as a heads-up, I'm going offline this Tuesday and Wednesday. Go ahead and take Fion along with you if you need him in a post.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #560
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pio

Please put this post at the end of Folwren's last post.

It will fit in better, given Nogrod's SAVE.

Thanks! ~U

-----------------------------

POST PLACED ~*~ Pio

Meghan

'We ambushed them.’

Meghan’s mouth dropped open as the woman fumbled to explain herself. Surely they did not think they were Orcs! Athwen’s further words concerning Osmod and Fion did little to comfort Meghan. Athwen and her companions had thought them Easterlings!

She conjured up how Osmod and Fion had looked the last time she’d seen them. They’d not been out in the rough that long, she thought, that they had begun to look outlandish and wild. But they were on this side of the river now, in the lands of the Mark proper where she’d never been before. Perhaps those who lived here were more sophisticated in their appearances and expectations.

Some assurance came as the woman continued, saying they had not been harmed and that the misunderstanding seemed to be untangled and on the road to being set right. And anyway, Athwen did not seem in the least antagonistic or of the devious sort. She seemed open and engaging despite the sorrow which hung behind her eyes. In other circumstances, Meghan thought, they might have counted themselves as friends once they’d gotten to know each other.

And what was Rædwald thinking about all this? His face had take on a serious look as the woman had spoken. Was he thinking to ride back for Sythric and Eostre. A battle plan already forming in his mind to rescue the two men. Meghan nudged her horse near his and placed her hand over his clenched one as it lay on his thigh.

With a bright smile, meant she hoped to allay his displeasure at Athwen’s description of the incident, she spoke in a light tone to him, saying, ‘Thanks be to those that watch over us! They are not hurt! I’m just thinking they’ll want to know we’re alright, too. Don’t you think so?’

Without waiting for him to answer, she turned back to Athwen, smiling at her also. ‘Yes, please. Take us to where they are, won’t you. The sooner we’re back together, the sooner we can be on our way.’

She turned to Rædwald for a brief moment and saw in the distance that Sythric and Eostre were drawing near. ‘Go back and let them know what we’re doing, why don’t you?’ she urged him. ‘Athwen and I can start off at a slow pace . . . you’ll catch up to us in no time.’

Last edited by Undómë; 03-29-2006 at 01:30 AM.