User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2003, 04:44 PM   #41
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Am awaiting word from Sophia to open the game for play.

Please remember to remove all your sigs from the game thread.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:25 AM   #42
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The Game is open for play
Old 06-26-2003, 10:57 PM   #43
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Thanks, Pio.

Lovely post, Evinyatar, I love the details about Earnil coming to court.

It's midmorning, currently, at Osgiliath, and Pirro, Athel, and Yawla have recently returned from their meeting with Farucan, and everyone on Beruthiel's side of things is staunchly up to no good.

Post from Beruthiel is coming up: her reaction to Earnil's immanent arrival.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-28-2003, 05:23 AM   #44
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I hope my post was OK? And I hope that I've managed to annoy enough people? (The cats, Haleth, etc...)
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-28-2003, 11:42 AM   #45
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Just for clarification...Earnil hasn't arrived yet, has he? I mean, that would be really fast, since they just received the letter. Anyway, I need to know for my post, so someone let me know... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2003, 12:55 PM   #46
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No, Eärnil has not arrived yet - nor should he for several days, game time. We need to get some plotting in place, I should think.

Gaeradan will want to make some arrangements for Eärnil - where he'll quarter, who will oversee what parts of his training, etc.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:48 PM   #47
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Sugar, I'll change that then.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-29-2003, 02:07 AM   #48
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

Here is a character description for Eärnil:

Name: Eärnil

Race: Man; Dúnadan

Description: Black hair, ear lobe length; grey eyes; gangly, like a young colt. Dark tights, tunics, calf high black leather boots. Grey cape.

Personality: Inquisitive, confident child, with an engaging manner. Comfortable among adults. Enjoys playing out naval battles with the small fleet of wooden ships his Uncle Tarannon sent him several years ago as a birthday gift. Strength: Keen, analytical mind for one so young; charming. Weakness: Lack of depth of knowledge – he is after all only ten; and because he is so young, and life has been kind to him, he can be too trusting.

History: Born in Minas Anor to Tarcyrian, the younger brother of King Tarannon and Miriel of Belfalas. At age five, his family moved to Edhellond at the mouth of the Morthond-Ringlo, where Miriel’s family was located. Tarciryan became the representative from the King to that region and cemented the good relations now enjoyed by the two cities of Minas Anor and Dol Amroth. A favorite pastime of Eärnil was to have his father take him to the dock in Edhellond to see the great White Elven ships as they set sail for the West.

Eärnil has been tutored by scholars in Dol Amroth – He can read and write, and has an affinity for history and mathematics. He will come to the court in Minas Anor to further his education in the social and political skills necessary to navigate the treacherous waters of court life.

In time, he will become his uncle’s heir to the throne of Gondor – the thirteenth King of Gondor and her second Ship-king.

As for now, though, he is only a young boy with a penchant for old stories and a liking for playing at war with his little ships.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:21 AM   #49
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

All right.

Beruthiel, Phervasion, Earwen- we haven't heard from you yet. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Come play.

Aylwen is on vacation, she'll be back in a week or so, Ibai is around waiting for her cue.

Phervasion and Earwen, the arrival of Earnil is likely something where soldiers would be present. He's the Heir to the Throne of Gondor, there would be a heavy guard I think. The plans for his arrival are something that you would be involved in setting up at this time.

Cats, Beruthiel will probably send some of you to find out these plans. Gelion- I believe you posted that the cats can't understand human speech. I think they're going to have to. I don't think that they'll be able to steal documents on a regular basis from military bases and such. They'll have to hear and report. So if you could edit that? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alak- Beruthiel's character is Shumita, not Shamita. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Beruthiel and Alak- Tarciryan and Earnil's arrival is likely to cause a stir in the kitchen. Habeth, being Beruthiel's personal maid, isn't likely to be much affected, but Shumita can probably expect lots of pressure.

X, Gelion, Aylwen- when Earnil arrives the cats should all be strategically placed, it will be a big event. Miaama will be accompanying the queen officially.

Lyra- check pms. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ack, I'm so excited [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-30-2003, 10:37 AM   #50
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

The plans that will be set up will be 2 days too late.

Eärnil and family have gotten an earlier start than expected and will arrive before their proposed date.

When they disembark at the port of Minas Anor, Harlond (just south of the city), it is likely there will be no one there to greet them.

The harbor-master, though, will probably turn pale at the sight of Tarciryan's banner and send a message to the Citadel.

The family will, of course, have a small number of guards that will be traveling with them.

Map of the area HERE

Minas Tirith = Minas Anor

[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: Envinyatar ]
Old 06-30-2003, 12:03 PM   #51
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've just posted for Tarannon.

I want to let everybody know that we're bracing for some nasty weather around here, so I may or may not have power in the next two days. I will get on if at all possible, but I may not be able to. Just FYI.

Regards,

Orual~*
Old 07-01-2003, 03:59 AM   #52
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry everyone for not posting yet, I'm on holiday at the moment so getting onto the computer isn't always that easy!

And please just call me claudia or even shumita if you like, my name must be seriously confusing for everyone else [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2003, 08:47 AM   #53
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

Sorry everyone I've been busy recently. I will post as soon as I finish reading all of the posts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

cheers
-Earwen
Old 07-02-2003, 12:23 PM   #54
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

Give me a heads-up please when you would like Eärnil and family to arrive and head for the palace.

How fiercely devoted to the Queen are Habeth, Shumita, and Morwen? Would they choose her over their expected obedience to the King?

elven maiden Earwen and Phervaision

Can you each do a post about receiving orders from your captain that you are to be in the Honour Guard that greets Tarciryan, the King's brother, and Eärnil, his 10 year old son and the heir apparent to the throne, when they arrive in Osgiliath?

Gaeradan, the King's aide, will have directed your Captain (Elamir, Captain of the King's Guards) to pick some suitable candidates for this job.

[ July 02, 2003: Message edited by: Envinyatar ]
Old 07-02-2003, 02:17 PM   #55
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lovely post everyone.
Ok I have finally posted. Tell me if it needs any changes.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #56
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Habeth loves the Queen deeply, and would do anything for her, even if it meant lying to the King.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:18 PM   #57
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

*Habeth*

Gaeradan licks the tip of his quill, dips it in the ink, and puts her name on his little List . . . [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2003, 07:35 PM   #58
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Shumita doesn't feel overwhelming loyalty to the queen since it wasn't Beruthiel who actually let her work there, I think she feels more gratitude for the other servants. Although she probably would feel more on Beruthiel's side since she has had nothing to do with the king at all.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:58 AM   #59
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Hihi! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Everything looks great guys.

Earwen, check PMs [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Orual- I'm looking forward to having Beruthiel and Tarannon in the same room sometime soon, perhaps dinner on the night that Earnil and Tarciryan arrive? Morwen and Gaeradan would almost certainly be in attendance. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

X, Gelion, Aylwen (when you get back [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), Ibai- Miaama is showing signs of being ready to take things into her own hands. Let the plotting begin!

Sophia
Old 07-04-2003, 11:16 AM   #60
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Wow that's one clever cook! I hadn't thought of Morwen's bitterness being so well known but never mind... Envinyatar would it be OK if Gaeradan took what she said with a pinch of salt. I guess it doesn't really matter though one way or the other. Err...I don't think she would have let Tarannon see, but I guess that's up to Orual. I'd rather he didn't know though...
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-04-2003, 11:31 AM   #61
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

Lyra

I've removed the post, and replaced it with another.

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Envinyatar ]
Old 07-05-2003, 03:43 PM   #62
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

I have the post done for Tarciryan's ship to dock at Harlond just south of Minas Anor, and the family with two guards to ride northeast to Osgiliath.

Let me know when you want it put on the game.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:58 AM   #63
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

I think Farucan and the cats have a little more plotting to get in, Evinyatar, before we're ready for Earnil's arrival.

I'll let you know [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Oh, and Tarciryan isn't bringing Mrs. Tarciryan along is he? Fine if he is, equally fine if he isn't.

Miaama will be checking in soon with an update on the cat's adventure, and Beruthiel will almost certainly miss her.

Sophia

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
Old 07-06-2003, 10:09 AM   #64
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

The entire family is on their way to Osgiliath:

Tarcyrian, Miriel, and Eärnil.

Eärnil will be left at court, while his parents return to Belfalas after a month's stay in Osgiliath.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:21 AM   #65
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please note I moved alaklondewen's post of 07/06 to Sophia's post of 07/03 5:37 am - fits in better there with the timeline.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:29 AM   #66
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Thanks Pio.

Miaama is on her way with Pirro and Yawla now. After they visit Farucan and Ibai posts for him, Evinyatar, Earnil can start arriving.

Orual- We'd like to hear from Tarannon sometime [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Aylwen- Yay! Welcome back! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyone who needs to post before Earnil's arrival should do it soon.

Thanks.
Sophia

EDIT- Ibai, I had no idea how Farucan would react, so I rather skirted around the issue. If you need to write dialog for Miaama, she finds speaking difficult, so she won't be wordy. Rather humorless and very concise? *nods* Tell me if anything in there needs editing.

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
Old 07-10-2003, 06:44 PM   #67
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Just want to let you know that I will be gone for three days starting tomarrow. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2003, 07:48 AM   #68
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

How long until the tea "party" with the king and queen? Should Morwen go and start to help the queen get ready yet?
Sophia would it be possible for you to make a sort of plan of what's going to happen? (Like the Corsairs and Corsets one?) It's just that I get a bit confused about what's coming next!
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-13-2003, 12:46 PM   #69
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Sorry, Lyra... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I think the exact events of this game are a lot less settled than the ones in C&C, but I'll give you what we have.

-Earnil arrives early
-Cats and Farucan's assassination attempt is botched
-General turmoil at court, likely involving the cats spying on Morwen and a confrontation with Beruthiel. Several fights between Beruthiel and Tarannon, interactions between Earnil and the other characters, particularly the soldiers.
-A general building of tension.
-A second assassination attempt by the cats and Farucan which nearly succeeds (Beruthiel is unaware of it).
-Final confrontation between Tarannon and Beruthiel.
-Abandonment of Beruthiel and cats by Tarannon, Farucan gets away, Earnil survives.

There are a few twists I have in mind that I don't want to reveal yet, but that's the basic idea of it.

Sophia
Old 07-15-2003, 02:44 PM   #70
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

Earnil and family are on the way to Osgiliath from the port just south of Minas Anor, Harlond.

The route:

Past the Great Gate, and northeast across the Pellenor along the South Road; then, through the gate in the encircling Rammas Echor, and finally, to Osgiliath.

Say about 15 miles to Osgiliath – at a leisurely pace, say 5 hours travel time.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #71
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

(I could have sworn I posted this already...I think I'm losing my mind!)

Thank you Sophia! That's fine, all I need is an idea to stop me feeling lost... So you're going to be spying on me? Do you want me to do anything to deserve that, or is it just spreading the rumours? Could I maybe spy for Gaeradan in return?
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #72
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

Beruthiel/Shumita - Good post! I placed it in the SAVE space.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:30 PM   #73
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

Eärnil and his family are in the great market place in Osgiliath - this would be a wonderful place for someone try to way lay him, before he reaches the King's house.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:21 PM   #74
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Waylay him, try to kill him...same difference. If a soldier wanted to be in the market to save the heir by chance, this might be a good opportunity *hint hint*
Old 07-19-2003, 10:24 AM   #75
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

okay I get your fints. Will work up a post. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2003, 05:54 PM   #76
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You guys are great! Excellent excellent posting everyone! Looking forward to reading Pelladal's input, Earwen. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lyra- I was thinking that the spying on Morwen wouldn't be intentional, just that some cat would happen to be in the right place to overhear Morwen spreading lies about Beruthiel. That would be enough to cause a confrontation between them. Then what Morwen did after that is up to you (within reason [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).

I've been in touch with Orual, and hopefully we will be writing a Beruthiel/Tarannon argument scene to be pasted in during dinner the night before Earnil's arrival.

Sophia

[ July 19, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
Old 07-22-2003, 12:30 PM   #77
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Aylwen- Very nice post! One thing, the cat in the closet was most definitely put there by Shumita. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Could you edit that in please? Thanks much.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:27 AM   #78
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Sting

I see that you needed to move my posts.

Question: Who will be saving the heir? Do I need to write a post for Tarciryan or one his guards - or is someone else going to pick up on that?
Old 07-23-2003, 01:43 AM   #79
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Evinyatar- Earwen's character, Pelladal is going to "happen" to be on guard in the square and will step in and save Earnil. You can post his and his family's reactions if you like, though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Yes, sorry I didn't let you know about the moving posts ahead of time, but I thought it woudl help to get the game more chronological.

Everyone - It is now the day of Earnil's early arrival, drawing toward evening...

Earwen- this is Pelladal's cue. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 04:36 AM   #80
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I know it's a little late to bring in a new character- but I've found it hard to think who Morwen could interect with, so I thought her son could come into the story. I thought he could be one of Earnil's guards? Is that OK, Sophia? And also Envinyatar since Earnil is your character?

Name: Caeran

Race: Human- Gondorian

Appearance: Tall and unobtrusively handsome, with dark brown hair and eyes. Not someone who stands out.

History: His father died when he was young and his mother didn't care about him. This has made him an independent person but desperate for friendship and kindness. He became a soldier because it's more or less expected of young Gondorian men for a few years, but can't wait to leave and start a family. Recently became betrothed to a girl from Edhellond while with Earnil's family.

Personality/Strengths/Weaknesses: He's quite a good soldier and devoted to Earnil, but he has a tendency to be dreamy which doesn't help. He loves his betrothed, Lorna, and can't wait to have a big family. He's always friendly and eager to please. He's fond of animals. He once visited Rohan as a guard to a sort of ambassador and was very impressed by the horses. He wouldn't mind being a horse trainer one day, although he knows little about it. He's perhaps over-idealistic and shuts out the real world.

First Post:
Caeran watched Earnil indulgently as the boy gazed at the unfamiliar city. He himself had grown up there, but the sight could still take his breath away. No wonder the lad was enthralled! He couldn't wait to bring Lorna to see it. He could imagine her eyes sparkling as she looked around, an excited smile playing across her face, showing her dimples... She was amazingly beautiful. He knew that everyone who met her had to fall in love with her- even Mother.

At the thought Caeran winced slightly. Mother- the only possible stumbling block in the plan of his perfect life. He had not told Lorna much about Mother- just that they had a troubled relationship. He laughed mirthlessly at the understatement. Although he loved his mother he often found it very hard to like her. Sometimes she seemed to take joy in hurting him. But she would not in this. He had made up his mind- either she would be happy in his marriage or she would no longer be part of his life. He just hoped she would choose to be happy.

Thinking about her always made Caeran fell unhappy himself. He could understand that she did not care for his father- Caeran was not so blind that he could not see her feelings for the king- but amongst the nobility marriage was often made for advantage. Mother could still have chosen to care about her son, but she had not.

A smile spread across Caeran's face. He would not be like that, his mother or those people who had to make the best of it. He was going to marry for love and be perfectly happy all his life. He would have a big family, with perhaps a son like Earnil. He was a bright young lad, and nice too.

Thoughts of his charge made Caeran start guiltily. He had neglected his duty and stood in a daydream. Quickly he glanced around. Where was the lad?
the Forbidden Link