User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2003, 02:50 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! The Green Dragon Inn - Part 7

We had reached the limit for the Inn thread, as requested by the Barrow Wight. Here is a new one to play in.

~*~*~*~*~ Carry on, Shirelings! ~*~*~*~*~
Old 11-03-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Amanaduial's post

Aman’s eyelids flicked up suddenly and she sat up carefully in bed, awoken by some instinct that told her something was wrong. Apparently an instinct that worked purely on gut feeling or was triggered by birdsong though, the Innkeeper thought, sleepily annoyed, for at first she couldn’t hear anything. Then the soft murmur of a man’s voice, followed by the smooth, quiet melody of another, followed by the click of the door closing and a key turning in the lock, sounds almost inaudible if you weren’t listening for them, told Aman why she hadn’t been able to hear anything, and with a jolt she came to her senses. To be sure, elves moved silently, and Uien was one of the best at it.

Now fully awake, the Innkeeper grabbed her long, loose cloak off the end of the bed and swung it over her bed-clothes as she ran across her dark bedroom, the shutters still closed. Tripping on something left on the floor (Aman had never really been a big one for cleaning up – she simply didn’t let Cook into her room now), Aman added doing a quick sweep around her room before Pio saw the state of it to her ever-growing list of things to do as she stumbled, losing a few seconds. Then, making her way by touch and by memory of where she had left things and where things usually were, the Innkeeper ran down the stairs as quietly as she could without wakening the Inn’s denizens and guests, reaching the Common Room…to the faint sound of hooves.

Aman sighed and slowed down, realising she had indeed missed Uien and Falowik. Going towards the window which looked out on the bend of the path, still shuttered in the dark room, Aman brushed past the large central table, her fingers sweeping lightly across it, before the encountered something and stopped its passage. Picking up the letter inquisitively from its neat perch between two salt shakers, Aman opened the shutters of the window she had been going towards, and in the dawn light she read the flowing, elegant hand in which her name was inscribed on the front, immediately recognising it. Fumbling in her coat pocket as and glancing after the riders, now trotting into the middle distance, the Innkeeper slit the envelope open with a pen knife, and unfurled the letter inside it, smiling slightly.

She read the letter through twice, her eyes taking in every word of the even, slanting script first quickly, then more slowly, drinking in every word with a fond sadness, a smile hovering around her lips, especially when she read the part about ‘not even knowing whether I could tie my own shoelaces’. She realised how much she was going to miss Uien, but at the same time, her heart swelled with pride for the elf in the quest that she was going to do, along with Falowik. Looking up once more at the now empty path, Aman raised a hand in silent salute, smiling sadly. “Good luck, both of you, good luck and gods speed,” she murmured, adding afterwards with a slightly wider smile, “You’re a lucky man, Falowik, take care of her.”

Although she was not sure if she would have managed to communicate to the pair in mind speech, as she and Pio could, she somehow felt that they had heard her.

Well, I’m certainly not going to get back to sleep now… the Innkeeper rose from her perch on the windowsill, disappearing into her room for a few moments, and coming out afterwards fully clothed in a soft, cotton dress the colour of cornflowers, its skirt rustling slightly with a light, efficient sound. Making her way around the Common Room, Aman opened all the windows, woke the sleepers who she had managed to miss last night, and began to prepare for a new day, humming quietly under her breath (not loud enough to wake those upstairs, of course) a tune she had heard Uien once singing to the horses to calm and soothe them…

~*~

“Cook, is there anything left of breakfast?”

Aman called this from the kitchen doorway, popping her head around into the kitchen from the rather crowded Common Room. As she did so, a great cloud of steam rose from the sink as Buttercup left the bacon pan in to wash. Cook raised her eyes skywards and Buttercup winced.

“Well, we could have some more bacon, but now…”

“Sorry, Cook – ” Buttercup started sheepishly, before it was waved away with the steam by Cook.

“Just dry up and set some more on, please.” Buttercup hastened to do so, and Cook turned to Aman, her plump face rosy. “I don’t know, so many things to do of late.”

Aman nodded, grinning, opening her mouth to start speaking…before stopping, lips still parted as she stared through the cloud of steam out of the window. Good grief, it couldn’t be, surely… Darting to the window, the Innkeeper peered out quickly, looking around…just in time to see a rather mangy, shaggy rear end disappear sharply around the corner. Getting the unnerving feeling she was being watched, Aman looked up into the tree outside the kitchen window. She almost laughed.

“Getting paranoid, Aman…thinking you’re being watched, and thinking you’ve seen a wolf….in the Shire? I ask you…” Aman murmured, feeling foolish. Cook raised her eyebrows in askance.

“Hmm?”

“Oh, nothing Cook, nothing at all,” Aman replied quickly , then, hoping to avoid suspicion of her suspicions, she added, “Just…just tired that’s all.”

Vinca nodded, satisfied, and turned back to put on the bacon and some more toast. Rubbing her eyes, Aman went back into the Common Room to deal with the customers and, she hoped, get herself a cup of coffee...

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 11-03-2003, 02:52 PM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Camlost, the crow

The two hungry creatures made their way to the back of the Inn. Draug padded silently from bush to tree, keeping in the shadows. His last hiding place was just behind the storage shed that sat at the end of the Inn garden. Hunkering down beneath a potting table that sat up against the side of the outbuilding, he was well hidden. His keen yellow eyes were focused on the window sills that flanked the kitchen door. The quarry was in sight!

Camlost was perched on the top of the shed, his head twisting back and forth as he surveyed the area. The scent of the wolf had caused a minor alarm in the chicken pen and some uneasiness in the stable that stood just across the yard. A man, the stableman the crow assumed, had come out to the yard to check for the source of the problem.

Squawking loudly, the crow flew to a perch on the edge of the stable eaves that overlooked the chicken pen. ‘So it’s you causing all this commotion, is it?’ eyeing the crow. ‘You looking for some leftover chicken feed to snatch up? Or some spilled oats, perhaps.’ Camlost bobbed his head and croaked, almost as if answering him. The man shooed him off and went back into the stables to quiet the horses.

‘Another stupid two-leg,’ chuckled Camlost circling back to the roof of the shed. ‘There’s no one about now,’ he hissed to his hidden companion. ‘And look, the Cook has been so kind as to set out the bread for the noon meal. A cooling rack with fat, fragrant loaves had been put on a table just outside the kitchen door.

‘Be quick now, Sir Wolf!’ said Camlost spreading his wings for a silent glide that would bring him over the table. ‘You grab a pie; I’ll get the bread. We’ll meet in that copse of tall trees and bushes to the south of the Inn yard . . .’

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 11-03-2003, 03:32 PM   #4
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

It had been a very agreeable day spent with Zimzi yesterday. Derufin’s eye fell on the two covered buckets sitting just inside the stable door that they had brought back from their ride. And he caught himself smiling as he prepared to go about the morning routine – feeding the horses and ponies, putting them out in the pen for the morning, mucking out their stalls. The rhythm of the work allowed him to think as he went through the familiar motions.

They had collected several buckets of clay from the river bank above Bag End. He had raised an eyebrow when she bade him scoop out the grayish muck, or so he thought of it. But he gamely took off his boots and socks and rolled up the cuffs of his breeches and waded into the slow moving water to the place she showed him.

She had gathered up her long skirt to one side and tucked it neatly in her belt, splashing her way across the shallow flow to the other bank. Her long legs were well muscled he noted, tanned. And she was graceful as a waterbird as she walked from stone to stone to reach the other side. The light played on the ripples of the stream, threw small diamonds of brilliance about her feet as she moved . . .

Lost in this pleasant thought, he heard the squawking of the chickens and felt the tremors of nervousness in the horse he was brushing. Going out to the yard he noticed a saucy crow croaking at him from the fence to the chicken yard. Shooing the bird away, he watched the curious one-legged flyer flap off in a northerly direction. The chickens quieted down as he spoke softly to them and threw them some feed. He thought nothing more of the incident as he quieted down the nervous horses with his hands and voice.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:27 PM   #5
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Taurewen felt truly whole again as she sat wrapped in her loves strong arms, she closed her eyes completely relaxed, hoping that the moment would not end.

"Beloved, " she heard Reyn whisper, she opened her eyes and rose her head to look up at him, her warm smile reflecting her happiness. As he spoke of food, she suddenly became aware of the morning sun streaming through a gap in the drapes, they had talked all night!

"Yes I think we should," she laughed slowly raising and pulling back the thick drapes, to reveal the warm midmorning sun, "We might be for rain later." Reyn whispered coming up behind her and looking to the dark clouds in the distance.

"Shall we then?" Reynion asked holding out his arm for her, she smiled a little giddy that she was actually here with Reynion as a couple in love, how long had she wished for this, she took his pre offered arm and together they went down to see if they weren't to late for breakfast.

It was not yet midmorning, but already the common room was decidedly busy, Taurëwen looked to Reynion, he smiled and gently guided her through the crowd to an empty table next to the empty hearth, Taurëwen in her light mood had politely said good morning to everyone she past, because for her it truly was a good morning.

She sat in the seat Reynion pulled out for her, "thank you," she whispered as he took his own. They barely noticed when the hobbit serving woman came to take their order, but a polite cough from the woman drew their attention.

"we are sorry" Reynion smiled to the young hobbit woman.

"No apology necessary sir," the hobbit woman beamed looking at the two lovers, Taurëwen felt herself blush under the young hobbits gaze. "Will you be wanting breakfast?" she asked, as if she had suddenly remembered why she was there.

"You order," Taurëwen whispered to Reyn.

She did not hear his words to the hobbit woman, nor did she notice the woman scurry away, she was staring raptly at her love. As he turned back he wrapped his hands round hers and they sat for a long while just gazing into each others eyes.

The sound of dishes being placed on the table broke the spell, before Taurëwen was set a wooden bowl filled with a rich creamy substance, she looked to Reynion in askance, be shrugged saying he had asked the woman to bring something with no meat.

"Honeyed oats miz," the hobbit woman smiled, hearing Reynion's words. Taking the spoon Taurewen took as small bite, then nodding she turned back to the hobbit woman. "This is delicious, my compliments to the chef, the hobbit woman gave a quick pleased nod and hurried off, back to the kitchen.

"Is it really good?" Reynion chuckled.

"Yes, it really is," she laughed,raising a spoonful for him to try.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:49 AM   #6
Galenondowen
Newly Deceased

Galenondowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Galenondowen
Question

Galenondowen dragged her heavy feet towards the inn. She's very tired, she hadn't had any sleep for three days already, though she did has some brief rest here and there. Traveling from Rivendell to this place alone, she couldn't find herself a companion (in human form), nor could she find a place for a nice sleep. She found a strayed little fox on her way to the Shire, so she kept the fox as a pet and friend, as she had none yet. And she named the fox Wintersnow, for his fur was snow white.

Galenondowen entered the inn slowly. Then she ordered a drink for herself, and some food and water for her fox. With these, she retrieved to a quiet corner, enjoying her drink, and inspecting the inn with slight interest. Wintersnow took the food and water happily. But he soon found that his owner's attention was not on him, he gave a small owl-like howl. Galenondowen eyed the fox in amusement, then scratched his ear absent-mindedly. Wintersnow purred softly in satisfactory. Every thing's so warm and comfortable, Galenondowen became a little drowsy. Soon, her sights grew dim...

[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Shall I strike or shall I fall? What will be my destiny? Must I go on in despare? May I turn back with tired heart? I would not forget the pain, When my wings were torn away. Though this is the fate I have, It never is the life I chose. I hate lingering in this world, Yet here I am, And will be so.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:44 AM   #7
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

A hooded figure, clad in the forest colours of Eryn Lasgalen, stands hidden in the shadows of a small copse of trees to the south of the yard of the Green Dragon inn. A slight grin forms on his hidden features as he watches an unlikely pair stalking an unguarded prize, he found himself holding his breath as the inns chickens, frightened by the scent of one of the thieves, started clucking frantically, drawing the attentions of the inns stable master.

"Well done master crow," he chuckled, releasing his breath, as the crow cunningly distracted the stable masters attention, he crouched down and watched as the sleek form of the silvery grey wolf silently darted out from his hiding place to claim it's prize, a beautiful creature, he mused.It was then he realised that the two thieves were heading his way there was no time to get down wind of the creatures, so he stood up and slipped silently behind one of the tall trees.

The wolf intent with reaching the safety of the trees did not catch his scent right away, but once under their eaves, he turned and snarled at the tree behind which the elf was hiding, the pie still clenched firmly in his bared maws.

The hooded figure emerged his gloved hands held out in a non-threatening manner, "Fear not my friend I have eaten well this day and have no interest in your prize." deep within his dark hood his grin broadened, but the wolf still eyed him wearily, its glistening white fangs remaining bared threateningly.

Just then a light gust marked the return of the wolf's accomplice, it squawked angrily at him then swooped again, this time knocking the strangers hood back, revealing a very young looking elf? roughly about seventeen years of age, but unlike the fair folk his skin was dark and grey, his dusty black hair was short all for one thin long braid that sat draped over his right shoulder and his yellow eyes shone as brightly as any hawks.

A Small trickle of dark red blood ran down his face where the tip of the crows wing had caught his cheek. "Now, that wasn't very polite, Master crow" he smiled.

"My name is Lúrëaelda, and as I was telling your friend here, I have already eaten and have no interest in your little feast, I am on the way to the Inn to meet with my mother." his kind smile looking odd on the darkness of his features.

Lúrëaelda held his ground and waited for the wolf to back down, he understood the creatures distrust, like himself wolves were misunderstood and feared. But if he was wrong he could easily use the branch above his head to swing to safety, well from the wolf at least he thought casting a casual glance to the crow, that eyed him suspiciously.

[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]

[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 11-05-2003, 11:40 AM   #8
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

Cree walked outside of the Inn. The wind blew her black hair all over the place. "Stupid wind." She looked to the south and saw what seemed like an elf but she wasn't sure.

It was at that time she noticed the wolf and crow that seemed like they were going to attack him. That is if it is a he that was there. She walked carefully towards the figures and didn't want to suprise them.

As she came closer to the figures she noticed it was indeed an elf boy. Going by his clothing she could tell "He's from Eryn Lasgalen," she said in a whisper. What would he be doing here. For some reason he looked familar to her. "Where have I seen him before. He looks all to familar to me."

"Lurealda..." she said so that only he could hear her. "Is that you?" She thought that she could be seeing things. Yet the looks of the crow and wolf did seem real to her.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #9
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Niniel

Niniel turned as another new customer walked into the Inn, ready to flee if need be, though she doubted that it would be necessary. The Innkeeper was quite good at keeping the peace, after all, and there was very little likelyhood that anyone she knew (or had stolen from) would come to the Dragon looking for her. If they did, well, she'd figure something out.

This g.irl, though, didn't look at all threatening. She was fairly pretty, as things go, and dressed in rather worn clothing. Niniel sympathized; her own clothes, though scrupulously clean (a dirty thief was a memorable thief, and thus easy to catch), were worn around the hems and somewhat faded from her travels and travails.

A little white head poked out of the protective circle of the newcomer's arms, and Niniel gave a little start of delight. Such a sweet little creature, much more to her taste than the hawk that someone had had a few days agon. Derufin didn't seem to need any assistance at the moment, so, curious, Niniel slipped through the early-morning crowd to the g.irl, who was dozing in a no-longer empty corner.

"M-m-may I j-j-join you?" the dark-haired ex-thief asked softly.

Reynion

The honeyed oats tasted surprisingly good Reynion's wine-dulled senses. His stomach contracted in sudden acknowledgement of his recent lack of food and he choked slightly on the mouthful Taurewen had given him. She pulled back, concerned, but he shook his head. "Just tried to swallow a little too much, melamin," he explained. "I--I haven't eaten in a while."

"How long is a while?" asked Taurewen, her healer's mindset coming to the fore and her face concerned. Reynion was suddenly struck with just what he was getting into, with a healer for a lover. Somehow he doubted that he would be getting drunk any time soon.

"Just--just a while. It doesn't matter anyway; I'm eating now, amn't I?"

"Yes," she had to admit. "But just how long did you not eat?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I don't pay a great deal of attention to that sort of thing."

She kept looking at him until he had to confess, "Two weeks. Maybe three."

"Rey!"
Old 11-05-2003, 03:36 PM   #10
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Avarlondwen smiled. "A pleasure to meet you, Eamane," she said to the young elf maiden. "Elen síla lúmenn omentilmo! But, in answer to your question, no, I do not live in the Shire. Or, in fact, anywhere in particular right now. I come originally from Eryn Lasgalen, and most lately from Lothlórien, but now? Now that the Golden Wood is empty of our kind, I find myself mostly traveling."

"There is someone I am trying to find," she added after a beat of silence, her eyes growing suddenly sad.

"I am travelling as well," answered Eamane and took a sip of coffee.

Avarlondwen gave her a long, thoughtful look. "Have you travelled far?" she asked. When Eamane nodded, Avarlondwen smiled again, but the sadness did not depart from her eyes. She was remembering what it was like in the olden days when elves were numerous in Middle Earth and the Golden Wood rang with songs of heroes and tragic loves. Only birds sang now in the woods of Lórien. Her own song, were it to be sung by birds or elves, had turned out to be a tragic one. She would have liked to have boarded the white ships for the journey to the Undying Lands long before now, but felt bound still to Middle Earth. She could neither rest nor leave until she had found the answer to her riddle...what had become of Airefalas?

Airefalas had been her husband. In the years leading into and during the War of the Ring, he had been a courier, carrying messages back and forth between Lothlorien, Imladris, and the elves of Mirkwood, as the forest was known in those days. He had made one last journey from Lothlórien to Imladris, just following the fall of Sauron, and simply never returned. Avarlondwen remembered the days of waiting for the light clippety clop of his elfhorse's hooves on the soil that would signal his return, but the sound never came. His body was never found and no one ever knew what had become of him. Since then, Avarlondwen had made finding him or, at least, confirmation of his death, her quest. It had been twelve years since he disappeared. So far, she had found only sympathy, rumor, and speculation.

"Are you on your way to Mithlond and the white ships?" she asked of Eamane just to make conversation.

The elf maiden shook her head. "No, I am here to learn what I can of the Shire and its people."

"Ah!" Avarlondwen nodded. "Then, I think you will enjoy your stay here. Shirefolk do love to talk about their history... but you will have to wade through quite a lot of family gossip before you can get to the historical part." She winked and Eamane smiled.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:31 PM   #11
JuanJulio

Sting

Djarin, the dwarf.

It has been three seasons since I bid farewell to the men of the Dale. Many fair folk dwell upon the lake and it was a shame to go. But my errand beckons me and I cannot lay it rest. Should the very riches under the mountain be mine I could not forsake my calling. And so I have wandered, in search of that which would pay my debt. Yet for all of my journeying over many years, I feel no closer to the prize.

It is on this fair day that I enter the shire. I seek my uncle Dwarin. Years ago he settled down and began the operation of The Green Dragon Inn. It is there that I shall rest for a time and perhaps even find some clue that will guide me on my journey. One can only hope for such things though hope has long abandoned me. At the very least I will get to sample some of Dwarin’s brew. Its legend extends beyond the range of even my many travels.

The inn has a different appearance from what I expected. Some dwarvish writing is visible but clearly diminished by time. I spy what appears to be elvish but that tongue has long been lost on me. Perhaps it is to fair a language for this wandering dwarf to learn, but then the common tongue is all I have ever had time to master. And fortunately for me, the sign above the door is clearly written The Green Dragon Inn. Ah, it is a welcome site.

The door creaks open and I wander in. Brushing the dust from my cloak I quickly remove my axes as to not alarm the patrons. Though when in dwarven company such items are much appreciated and often a topic for long discussion, I have found that when among men, elves, and especially hobbits they are often unwelcome dinner guests. I long ago gave up wearing chain mail in favor of more comfortable traveling leathers. Though many an orc has laughed themselves to scorn at the site of an unarmored dwarf, at least I could send them from this world with a humorous thought on their small minds. But, I am weary and must find my uncle. We have much to discuss and I wish to see a familiar face. “Innkeeper! Is the innkeeper about?”

Old 11-06-2003, 03:01 AM   #12
Galenondowen
Newly Deceased

Galenondowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Galenondowen
Question

Warm sunlight danced on Galenondowen's long silvery, Elven hair. She was in a peaceful light sleep. Wintersnow was resting in her arms. Suddenly he noticed someone approaching. He rose and inspected the person curiously.

Galenondowen sensed the sudden move of her fox, yet she didn't open her eyes. She wished to get more rest before the next journey to a place she knew not.

The person spoke, Galenondowen stirred a little, then fell back to sleep. Wintersnow noticed the embarassment, so he tried to wake his owner, by scratching her neck slightly, with his sharp claws...

'Ouch...' Galenondowen left out a little cry in pain, 'Can't you choose another way to wake me up?' She said exhaustically to her fox. Wintersnow squeaked in disapproval.

[ November 06, 2003: Message edited by: Galenondowen ]

[ November 06, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Shall I strike or shall I fall? What will be my destiny? Must I go on in despare? May I turn back with tired heart? I would not forget the pain, When my wings were torn away. Though this is the fate I have, It never is the life I chose. I hate lingering in this world, Yet here I am, And will be so.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:45 AM   #13
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
As the morning turned to afternoon two travellers and their horse stumbled into town, and made their way towards the Inn. Arrayed mostly in greys and blues, they had were covered in the dust of the road (which, unfortunatly, the grey showed up quite well) they were quite clearly a male and female couple. The horse was little better off, but his, well, there is no other colour for it, mouse coat definatly needed a good brush down.

Upon reaching the inn, the female remained outside with the horse fittingly called Baranroch, while her husband, Galathil, went to search for the inn-keeper.

Lawarglin, the female, settled herself with a sigh, and waited for Galathil to return with the news of whether there was any room in this inn. The last three had been full as, in the decade since King Elessar regained the throne of Gondor, the roads (and inns) had become rather busy.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:30 AM   #14
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Draug snatched up the pie quickly as Camlost took the bread in his beak. Than all seemed lost as an Elvish figure stood before them. Panick..panick! we've been caught...quick act vicious, yes yes snarl a bit he thought wildly pacing about.

The fur on his back stood slightly up when Camlost swooped down and threw back the young Elf's hood. Surprise took hold of Draug as he eyed the elf, at least he thought he was an Elf, but slightly wolf like.

He pondered this for awhile, hearing the Elf say that he was not concerned with the food they had aquired cunningly. The silver black fur on Draug's back smoothed out but he still remained cautious of this strange creature, why did he look like that, he didn't know Elves could look like that.

But he had no right to judge, having only half of his left ear and a limp to his back left leg. Funny how things always seemed to attack you on the left side.

'Camlost I do not think he will intrude on our meal, but we should be wary all the same, he looks strange does he not?' Draug put the pie down behind him and barked in greeting.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:47 PM   #15
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lewis was just about to order a round of drinks for himself and his new friends, when he heard the cry of "free drinks!" from a hobbit.

Well, that settles that matter, Lewis thought. A hobbit lass came and set three mugs on the table.

After a sip of his ale, Lewis asked, "so Ravon, where are you from, if you don't mind my asking. Eofeng and myself are both from the fair, and well missed Rohan."
Old 12-22-2003, 02:47 PM   #16
Thalonhision

Sting

He were riding up the hill and looked down at a few small houses. He stroked his long darkbrown hair away from hes eyes so he could se better. It seemed like a very nice place. He jumped down from the horse back and walked beside the rest of the way. He saw a sign that said; 'The Green Dragon Inn' He slowly removed his dark green hood and walked over to the stables and left Roman, hes horse, there. He walked to the Inn and thought;Seems like a very nice Inn, maybe I should stay here for a while. It was so long since I last were here, but this time my cause is different.

He left hes Longsword by the door and walked over to a table. He still weared hes breastplate that cover hes shoulders and breast and hes boots, but he had left hes helmet in the stable with Roman, he didnt whant to look like he were prepared to fight. He got thirsty and orderd ale. Hes mouth were so dry and he could almost not talk. He looked around and saw two dwarves discussing some adventures they were planning and how much gold and diamonds they would found. But Éothed were not interested in the dwarves discussion, to him they seemed to greedy. He saw a few hobbits sitting around a table with ale and discussed something. They talked fast and almost whisperd to each other.

After Éothed finnished hes pint of ale he looked around a felt for talking to someone after the refreshment in hes throat. He looked around but everyone seemed busy. Éothed sighed and continued looking around for soemone to talk to.