User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2002, 02:47 PM   #201
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio listened intently to the words of Child, explaining the history of the sword Anguirel and Maeglin. The mention of the sword's name brought a sudden chill to her, and she felt as if her doom were upon her.

She pushed through the lethargy which gripped her as they approached the Wheelhouse where Maeglin raged.

'If you will gather the other companions and search for that accursed blade, I will hold that monster at bay.', she said with a steely resolve.

She stepped before Maeglin and drew her great sword from its sheath. It burned with a dark fire. She held it before her, blade upraised and advance upon the evil creature, who glared at her with hatred.

A silver light was in her eyes as she drew herself up and was revealed in all her diminutive power. Maeglin stepped toward her, and she commanded him to halt, levelling the sword just inches from him.

'I bear the great sword given to Elu Thingol by Eöl the Dark Elf. It comes to me through my mother who bore me, wedded briefly to Elurìn, son of Dior, great-grandson to Thingol. It is the sword which Beleg bore and was later born by Túrin Turambar, when he named it Gurthang. But it's first name you remember - Anglachel, 'Iron of the Flaming Star', the mate of Anguirel'

Maeglin drew back and held his position, a considering and fearful look was in his eyes. He advanced no further.

'Hurry, you two! Find it!!!!' she shouted to Child and Bird as they raced to gather the search party.

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-11-2002, 02:50 PM   #202
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Just north of the catamaran's course is a small island. One of the Elves, standing watch on the center prow, cried out suddenly, "There is someone on that island!"

Gritting his teeth at the delay, Mithadan diverts his ship towards the North. As the ship swept by the island a rope was thrown to the lonely elf who caught it and climbed aboard after being dragged a dozen meters in the water. The dripping elf collapsed to the tarp only to be splashed again by an errant wave rising between the hulls. Sputtering, she rose and clambered over to Mithadan. "Thank you!" she said. "I am Meneli and I was picked up by some fishermen while I was swimming and they dropped me off on that island and..."

"Don't thank me until our little adventure is over," interrupted Mithadan. "I hope that you're armed." Meneli began to wonder if being rescued was such a good idea.
Old 06-11-2002, 03:06 PM   #203
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rose heard a noise again. This time from overhead. She turned sharply away from the two by the door to look up at the celling and the bottle labled BRAVERY fell onto the floor. She tried to grab it before they could see but Birdie got it and lifted it into the light.

Rose watched to see how they would react. But she didn't care. She wasn't scared of what they thought. She wasn't scared of anything.

ooc: I seem to have a knack for getting into trouble, don't I. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2002, 05:26 PM   #204
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child's natural reaction in most situations would have been to point to the bottle, poke Rose in the ribs, and tease her unmercifully about it. However, she did none of these things.

She looked at Rose and said "That was a wise idea. We may all have need of such help before this story ends. Guard it carefully so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands."

Just at that instant, there was a loud crash and the ceiling came crashing down with two Elves, Rosseil and her friend, clinging to each other.

Between them was a sword with runes along its hilt. It glowed steadily, but not with any light that mortal or Elvish eye would care to see. Dark and forbidding, it clattered to the floor, leaving an unearthly silence in its wake.

Child bent down to inspect it. She shook her head; yes, this is it. The sword of Anguirel.

The two Elves looked back up at the ceiling. They almost looked guilty.

"Look you two, is there something else up there," demanded Rose.

There was no answer, but suddenly they heard sounds, as if some person were bound and struggling. A light voice, an Elven voice, but filled with pain.

"We saw nothing of this sort" Rossei procaimed. "All was quiet when we were there, but we could not see far, since we had no light"

"Help me" Rose cried. With unaccustomed bravery, the little hobbit was crawling into the space above the false ceiling.

"There is a beautiful Elven woman here, who has been asleep, just as we slept when we first came to this ship. "She is bound, and shows many signs of having struggled against her captors."

Rose untied the unknown woman and helped her down to the floor.

Child came forward to stare transfixed at the Elf......golden hair, the ring of marriage upon her finger, a gold sparkle-brilliance on her face, beauty untold.

This creature of beauty moaned: "Tuor, Tuor, he has seized me from our great ship Earrame which was docked off of Eldamar, and I can not get back."

Child sank to her knees stunned. Elves did not get kidnapped off the shores of the Blessed West. It was impossible for man to even find these shores. The very fabric of the world must have been torn for such an injustice to occur.

Child was shaking. She placed her arm about the waist of the beautiful lady, for this was how high she could reach on a being of such magnitude. She turned to her companions, "I am a scholar of the ancient lore, and this is the Elf Idril--Celebrindal, Silver-foot."

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #205
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Sam looked confusedly at his old freind. He shuddered at the last memory of the dream he had had. "N-no, sir. You don't look evil. Why do you ask? "
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #206
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC: Ugh....can someone explain what's going on on the ship? I can't make heads or tails of any of it. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
That's okay, Rose. That's what I meant by pleeeese not playing my characters though. You don't know what we'd do. (Though it's perfectly fine to describe something we're already doing from your own eyes).
Like I think I said before, someone else playing me all of the sudden just confuzzles this already confuzzled hobbit to no end!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-11-2002, 06:09 PM   #207
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

There was a small commotion belowdecks, and the sound of someone moaning. Maeglin gasped and stepped forward, as if to push past Pio. She smote his left arm with a great blow, drawing blood, but not severing it. Smoke streamed from the blade edge that had touched him, and he drew back in great pain. She advance on him, pushing him against the wall of the Wheelhouse and held him there with Anglachel.

She felt a presence near her. Angara had come to lend her help. In the light of the lantern, her small dragon body threw a large shadow across the floor. She fixed Maeglin with a smouldering stare, and wisps of sulphurous steam streamed from her nostrils.

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-11-2002, 07:20 PM   #208
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo was still trembling as he told his dream to Sam
"That is why I asked" He said when he finished.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:26 PM   #209
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam frowned. "No, sir--you don't look evil to me in the least, but...."
He told Frodo about the dream he'd had in which he, Mister Merry and Mister Pippin had tried to get rid of him.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:38 PM   #210
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Pio!" screamed Birdie,"Hold him off! The Blue Wizards promised him the hand of Idril if he would betray his Elf-Kin, just as he betrayed the city of Gondolin to aid Morgoth!"

The specter of Maeglin shrieked as he heard the name of that ancient city. "Yes!" accused Birdie. "Kin Slayer, Betrayer of your Race! Servant of Morgoth! Idril spurned you then, and she will spurn you now. Release this ship and return to the Void where your fea is cursed forever!"

Then Child shoved the magnificent, cursed blade Anguirel into Birdie's hands. Birdie had never held a blade in her life; it felt heavy, and awkward, and the malevolence of it's owner infused the very metal from which it was forged. Birdie felt extremely self-conscious.

"Rose!" yelped Birdie, "The 'Bravery' bottle, quick!"
Old 06-11-2002, 07:44 PM   #211
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey and Primrose came running into Frodo's room.

Stacey: Sorry to interrupt, but there's a fight going on topdeck!

Prim: There's this "spectre" -- thing, and it's got an Elf woman, and it's a traitor to it's race, and....well, anyhow, that's what I got from all the yelling!
Old 06-11-2002, 08:51 PM   #212
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo listened to Sam's account of his dream with tears in his eyes.
"Now, Sam, you know that neither Merry, Pippin, nor I would ever do that." He hugged Sam.

They followed Stacey and Primrose to the deck to see what was going on.....
Old 06-11-2002, 08:55 PM   #213
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam:*Wiping a tear from his eye* Thank you, sir.
He runs out of the room after Frodo.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:11 PM   #214
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

[OOC -- To the best of my knowledge, this is what is happening. The very nasty First Age Elf Maeglin has come back to seize control of our ship. He is driven by his unrequited love for the Elf Idril who spurned him to marry the human Tuor many years ago, Apparently Maeglin has kidnapped Idril from Tuor's ship in the Blessed Lands and has her on board.

Also we (the good guys) found Maeglin's sword Anguirel hidden on board. Birdie has the sword and is about to crunch Maeglin. Maeglin apparently is working for the two blue wizards of the east. They want to create an army of semi-orcs and subvert all the Elves as their first step in world domination. He is focusing on our group because we are Elves, partial Elves, and Elf-friends. That's why we're having bad dreams and getting mad at each other.

In addition, Mith has sent a ship to try and rescue us. It is out there somewhere but is having trouble locating us. He is threatening to blow us up if nothing else works!!!]

[Hope you enjoyed that simple, straightforward plot summary!!!]

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-11-2002, 09:15 PM   #215
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC: LOL--Yes, thank you!
Old 06-11-2002, 09:20 PM   #216
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio stepped back one pace and allowed Birdie to take the fore. The words Kin Slayer rang through her mind. She did not want to have to slay another elf, but if she must, she would.

The twin blades of Anglachel and Anguirel blazed up together. Bird advanced on Maeglin, and revenge was in her eyes.

One step behind her came Pio, ready to defend her friend to her own death.

And behind them, a fierce hobbit of great bravery, Rose - a look of determination and strength on her countenance, her small blade shining.

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-11-2002, 09:24 PM   #217
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Prim, as usual, outran her father and Stacey,
Quick as could be, she whipped an arrow out of her quiver and set it to the bowstring.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:35 PM   #218
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

While all the commotion was going on above the deck, Child was below tending to the beautiful Elf Idril. She provided her with soothing baths and healing salves for her injuries.

The only lady Child had ever seen this fair was the great Varda whom she had briefly glimpsed on her brief sojourn in the Blessed Lands. Although Idril was a figure of high regard, Child wasn't quite as scared of her as she had been of Varda.

Indeed, Idril smiled gently at Child's fumbling efforts to make her comfortable. When she discovered that Child had a son at home, she talked with her about the difficulties of raising headstrong boys, just so Child would feel more at home in the presence of such a great lady.

Child had heard that Samwise's eldest daughter had once served as a handmaid for the lovely Arwen, who also had a human husband. What fun, Child thought, that might be.

Curiously, Idril had never seen a female hobbit since there had never been one in the Blessed Lands. She looked politely but intently at Child to take in all of her visage.

Child excused herself to go try and call Mith on the cell phone. To her great frustration, Mith did not answer, but she was able to leave a brief message, explaining their current situation.

She wondered what Mith would think when he heard about the captive Idril.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:39 PM   #219
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Still not comfortable with fighting, Sam went below and was shocked to find Child and a beautiful woman there--who appeared to have been badly mistreated.

Sam: Oh--p-pardon me...

Embarrassed, he bowed awkwardly.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:03 PM   #220
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

The Lady Idril looked upon Samwise and smiled. "Do you not remember me, Samwise? Has your stay in the Blessed Lands so fled from your mind that you do not recall the pleasant evening where you and Master Frodo came onto our ship in the harbor of Avallone?"

"For, to tell the truth, both Tuor and I had much joy that evening. And both you and Frodo seemed pleased to speak with one who, like you, did not come from Elven stock."

"I would greatly like to look upon Master Frodo again, should he have the time during my stay."

Child helped the Lady move from one chair to another as she wished to get a closer look at Master Samwise.

"I can see that your face has aged, but your eyes still shine forth as the eyes of an Elf-friend should. I am much aggrieved to have been torn so from my husband by this wicked Maeglin who thinks to betray his people once again."

"And do not trust these two blue wizards, for I think they are cut from the same cloth as Morgoth and Sauron in days of old. Since they hold the rank of Maia, they were able to find the lost road and break into the peace of Elvenhome, much to my sorrow."

"No rest will come to the Blessed Shores until these creatures of evil have been sent back into the void. For as evil as Maeglin is, he is nothing without the backing of those who stand so much higher in the great chain."

Child sat in enchantment unable to take her eyes from this high lady, about whom she had read so much in the ancient books of lore. And then the Elf turned to her with a gentle nod, "I know that you are a scholar of the ancient ways. And that you pass these stories on to your own people as Bilbo himself did so very long ago."

Idril nodded, "It is good that you and your people do not forget your roots or the tales of the Elven past, even in this reckless age in which you live. So sing your songs, spin your tales, and chant your poems of ancient lore and love. For to this truth, Maeglin and the evil wizards have no true answer."

Child lowered her head for she did not wish for Idril to see the tears that crept now from her eyes.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:26 AM   #221
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

OOC: All credit for this scene goes to JRRT, the master writer, and his exquisite telling of The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Bird and Pio advanced upon Maeglin. They cried out in one voice as of old,'Begone foul dwimmerlaik,lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!'

'Come not between and elf lord and his prey!'answered the cold voice of Maeglin. 'Or he will not slay you but bring you through darkness, to a place where your flesh will be devoured and you will scream for death.' He hefted a large spar into his grip.

Birdie's sword rang as it cleaved the air in front of Maeglin. 'Do you what you will,' she said,'but I will hinder you if I may!'

'You fool! You cannot hinder me!' screamed the Elf.

'You stand between me and my way back home.' cried Pio, stepping up to Birdie's side. 'Begone if you be not deathless! For living or or dark undead, I will smite you if you do not let us go!'

Rose felt the darkness and confusion of the past days fall from her as she beheld her two companions face the fell specter. She looked toward Pio and Birdie and saw their eyes, grey as the sea, fixed upon the monster, and a fell light shone from them.

Maeglin screamed in rage at the two women who blocked his way, and all his thought was bent on killing them. Pity filled the heart of the little hobbit and great wonder, and suddenly the slow-kindled courage of her race awoke. She clenched her hand. They would not die alone, unaided.

The face of the Elf was turned from Rose. Slowly, slowly she began to crawl aside and toward him. So intent was he on the women before him that he heeded Rose no more than a worm in the mud.

The foul being stepped toward Pio and Birdie and loomed large above them like a bloated shadow. With a cry of hatred that that stung the very ears like venom, he let fall the spar and knocked both women to their knees. They were perilously dazed, and he raised up once again to make the kill.

But suddenly, he too stumbled forward with a cry of bitter pain, and his stroke went wide, driving into the ground. Rose's sword had stabbed him from behind and pierced the sinew behind his mighty knee.

'Pio! Birdie!, cried Rose. Then tottering and struggling up with their last strength, the pair drove their swords between the head and shoulders of the looming specter as it bent over them. Their blades were white hot, and the clothes which had given form to the wraith of Maeglin fell to the ground in front of them in a heap. Pio and Birdie fell forward in a deathly faint upon their fallen foe.

Shapeless the clothes lay now on the ground, torn and tumbled; and a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the sea breeze, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of the world.

Rose the hobbit stood in the midst of the seeming slain and wept for her fallen friends.

Old 06-12-2002, 04:32 AM   #222
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Rose the hobbit stood blinking through her tears, and the 'Bravery' bottle lay broken at her feet. Then she looked for her sword that she had let fall; and Behold! there lay her weapon, but the blade was smoking like a dry branch that has been thrust in a fire, and as she watched it, it writhed and withered and was consumed.

So passed another blade of the Barrow Downs. Barrow Downs blades are some of the finest swords you can get. Trouble is: you can only use them once.

"Wow! What a rush!" marveled Birdie. "I was in a real battle, with a sword and everything! Did you see how I came down on that Maeglin? Biff! Pow! Take that!" Then Birdie turned to the stawart little Rose. "But you delivered the killing stroke there, Rose Bro!"

Pio raised herself achingly off the deck. Weakly, she protested "I think it was a joint effort on all our parts. Rose merely wounded the foul specter. Then we delivered the blows that slew him."

"No way, said Birdie, "Rose's sword cleaved his unseen sinews, and if you look up the Old English definition of "sinews", it clearly states that it means 'strength' or 'will'..."

"I'm on Pio's bandwagon", piped up Primrose, "I think you ALL killed Maeglin..."

"Enough of that!" said Rose, "We've still got the Blue Wizards to deal with. If they return to the ship and find their captain has been overthrown, there's no telling what they might do to us all."

Then tilting her head towards Birdie, she whispered, "So do you REALLY think I deserve the credit for slaying Maeglin?"

"Well that's how I read it," Birdie whispered back, "but you're gonna have a hard time convincing everyone else of it."
Old 06-12-2002, 04:51 AM   #223
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ooc: Well Birdie, even if it was a joint effort I still looked cool [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] . And I know who's part I played from RotK. Merry!
Anyway [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ................:

"And besides Rose, you were acting under that bravery potion." Birdie eyed the broken bottle.

"Not entirely." Rose answeared proudly."You see I had entended to drink all of it but I didn't liked the way it looked so only had a few drops. I felt fading just before the battle. The only magic I needed to find courage was the magic of friendship."

"Oh now don't get mushy on me." said Birdie.

Now that the battle was over everyone started to come out onto the deck.

When everyone (that means everyone on the ship. no snooping. besides, Pio would be able to tell if you wern't there) had gathered Pio ran over and exchanged info with Child then stood on a crate to speak.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:59 AM   #224
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

For a messenger had been sent below deck to apprise Child and Iril of the dispatch of Maeglin into the void.

At that point,a great burden had been lifted from Idril's heart,yet part of her was sad. She explained to Child: "He has given Tuor and myself evil after evil, yet I can not forget still that he is my cousin."

At this point, Idril deeply sighed: "Perhaps before the final battle Maeglin will see the error of his ways and return to the Valar to beg forgiveness. Then the Elven folk will welcome him back with great joy."

Idril was also surprised to hear that her rescuers with sword, and dagger, and bow were all women. "For in my day, it was never so, she explained. "But, whether man or woman, I wish to express my gratitude to those fair creatures who have risked their lives for me."

And with the help of Child, she made her way to the deck of the boat, where many people of varied kindred had gathered.

And even before Pio could speak to the crowd, she spoke privately with each of the four warriors, even the small Primrose, to extend her thanks. And it gave her special joy to see Samwise's young daughter among the valiant warriors.

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-12-2002, 07:17 AM   #225
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

And Idril reminded Pio that the two evil wizards were still at large. And until they were dealt with, no peace would be had for the Blessed Lands.

And Idril stated that she would surely stay and aid them on this vessel until the evil wizards could be dispatched. But, after that, her heart longed to return to the arms of her husband Tuor whom she greatly loved.

And now that the evil spells of Maeglin had been dispersed, the minds of Idril and Tuor were able to fly to each other over the swelling Sea. And Tuor saw the plight of the small ship and the still evil plans of the wizards.

And Tuor went to Ulmo and begged permission to sail his vessel out on the open sea and join with the small ship to go against the forces of evil.

Now, of all the Valar, Ulmo still had a soft spot in his heart for the Children of Iluvatar. And seeing how they had fought so valiantly against Maeglin, he spoke with Manwe and received permission for Tuor to go and rescue his Lady from the forces of evil.

For when Maeglin stole Idril from the very shores of Elvenhome, he had gone against the true order of the world. And now the old bindings and prohibitions had been loosened so that the mighty Tuor was allowed to go forth once again into the world.

So the great vessel Earrame pushed out with great speed towards the East which was a marvelous thing that had not been seen for many thousands of years.

And Idril told Child and Pio of these good tidings. And Child left another message for Mith on that strange contraption was called a cell phone to apprise him of these miraculous things.

And Child begged Mith to speed his voyage so that they all might stand against the wizards of the East.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:52 AM   #226
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

The wind continued to fill the sail of the Barrow vessel. Mithadan, absorbed with tracking the demon ship, failed to hear his cell phone ring. But even as his crew first caught sight of a distant sail, he noted that someone had tried to call him. Listening to Child's hasty messages, Mithadan's eyebrows raised in wonder. Then he smiled and turned to the crew.

"See now the sail of the ship which bears our friends!" he cried. "We go now to their aid but we must take great care for we know who our foes are. None other than the Ithryn Luin, the Blue Wizards, who ages ago were sent by the Valar to succor the peoples of Middle Earth. Our foes are mighty but our will to defeat them is great. We go to rescue our friends!"

Meneli whospered to a nearby Dwarf, "Does he always talk this way?" The Dwarf growled back a response, "No, only when he is in character."

Mithadan turned to the Elves and said, "Now is the time to show a token of our allegience to our friends." He lifted the cloth bundle which he had carried from the Downs and unfurled a banner which he bade the Elves to raise upon the mast. It had been fashioned centuries earlier by his forefather, AElfwine, in token of that great man's lineage. It was the banner of Earendil the Mariner.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:46 AM   #227
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

It was Idril, with her far-seeing Elven eyes, who first saw the proud and fair banner of Eärendil the Mariner as it first appeared over the horizon.

"My baby!!!!" screeched Idril, as she ran to the railing of the ship, and started waving frantically. "Yoo-Hoo! Eärey! Mommy's here!" The proud Elven woman bounced up and down in excitement. "Isn't he just the handsomest thing! Of course, he doesn't return my calls as often as I'd like. But I realize he's busy, what with being master of an ENTIRE fleet. "And ladies...he's single!"

The various Elven maidens on board shuffled their feet in embarrassment, or quickly check their breath behind their hands, while Birdie and the hobbits snickrered and and nudged each other in the ribs. Across the wave came a far-off cry"

"Awww, Ma!!"

(O.C.C. - OK, I realize that Idril wouldn't do this, but I couldn't resist. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Carry on.)
Old 06-12-2002, 09:18 AM   #228
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Earendil was a mariner...... Frodo remembered the song made by Bilbo in Rivendell. And now he was gazing on the true Earindil...Father of Elrond.

"But...but...you are supposed to ba a star..??"
Old 06-12-2002, 09:19 AM   #229
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Meneli holds back a giggle at Mithadan, who sends her an icy look.

"So-or-ry..." Meneli mutters, then, out loud, "I will fight with thee, Mithadan! Thou...pardon the plagiarism...hast my daggers and bow! But...art thou in need of assistance? I can call upon my daughters and sons to assist thee in thy conquests..."

She looks to Mithadan for an answer...
Old 06-12-2002, 10:33 AM   #230
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Now Child began to fiercely giggle seeing Idril's reaction to the distant ship. But she hid her mirth so as not to embarass the great lady of the sparkle-brilliance.

And Child went to Idril, explaining that many ages had passed since Earendil had last sailed the seas of Middle-earth. This gentleman coming to join their cause was a distant descendent of the Mariner and not the Mariner himself. And she showed Idril how to gaze up into the sky just before dawn and see her most beloved son who was called the Morning Star among her own people. For he brought much hope to earth, and his light had great power.

And the name of this new captain was Mithadan of the Barrow-downs for he had inherited the great flag of his ancestors.

And Idril was right curious and asked whether this Mith was the heir of Elrond or Elros. And Child scratched her head in puzzlement and said she did not know.

"Should we win this battle," Child continued. "Perhaps you may ask him yourself. For I am of the lowly and humble estate of a hobbit, and therefore do not know such things."

And Child's head was getting right muddled with such high speech and rarified air. And she decided to go below deck and crack some jokes with her friend Birdland, and also to sharpen her dagger and gather her arrows in preparation for the battle which still appeared likely.

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-12-2002, 11:25 AM   #231
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

As the catamaran neared the demon ship, the crew of the Downs vessel worked feverishly to match the speed and course of their friends. The ocean, which had been quite choppy, seemed willing to cooperate and settled into a flat mirror-like surface.

Mithadan turned briefly to Meneli and said "If your kin have ships with which they may meet us, any help would be welcomed. We have a long return voyage and know not what devilry the Blue Wizards may attempt."

As they pulled alongside the demon ship, the elves crouched on the port hull with bows at ready. Others held hooks and ropes and prepared to grapple and tie their friends' vessel. Mith lifted his cell phone and called Child. "Bring everyone up on deck and prepare to catch our lines and tie them off! Then we'll start bringing you over..."
Old 06-12-2002, 02:20 PM   #232
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen and Rosseil had not helped in the battle against Maeglin, preffering to help Child with whatever small tasks she found for them. after Maeglin was killed, they went up to the deckwith Child and Idril.
Rosseil and Celeae were not extremly unnerved by Idril's antics, having dealt with the less-than-sane before. they helped others to haul on the ropes, to pulll Mithidan's ship in. Celeaewen, in the process, maneged to sucesfully give both herself and Rosseil ropeburn. which did not improve tempermants anywhere.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:35 PM   #233
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Memories. Foggy ones at best, but memories all the same. Sam did remember--the awe of first meeting the Lady--and the wonderful time he and Mister Frodo had spent....

He looked over at Primrose, who looked exhausted, but still smiled. Sam smiled too.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:02 PM   #234
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose was honered to be praised by such a high person. Though she did raise her eyebrows at Idrill's um....less than expected actions.

But there was one thing troubling Rose. Her sword. She had it for such a small amount of time and now all she had left was the blessed handel. If there was more trouble then she would have no weapon.

Then she saw the banner streaming high in the air. Mithadan! She wondered what he would say about Pio, Birdie, Primrose, and her defeat of that evil being. She also wondered if he wouldn't mind rewarding her with a blade.

Just then Child was rounding up people to help and Rose volintered her servises.

ooc:So how about it Mith. Can I recieve a weapon so as not to perish when we come across our next foe? Ack! Now I'm starting speek funny! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2002, 06:49 PM   #235
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Child relayed the message to the people on board the ship. Most began to go to the starboard railing in preparation to secure the grappling hooks. All that is, except Rose, Bird, and Pio.

They stood looking at each other with eyebrows raised in question at the activity. Bird put two fingers to her lips and whistled loudly, everyone on the ship turned to look at her. She waved her hand to Pio, as if to invite her to speak, and Pio stepped up onto a keg top.

'We have just been through a terrifying time and fought hard to defeat the specter Maeglin. We are more than grateful that Mithadan and his crew have come to join in the battle against the Blue Wizards. But to us should go the spoils of this particular battle . . . namely, this ship and all her cargo. Now I have looked this craft over fairly thoroughly (Yes, I'll bet you did!smirked Bird), and I do not believe it was built by evil hands. It is an elven craft put to evil uses. I believe we can pilot it if you're willing, and fight alongside Mithadan and his crew. What say you? I know I am willing to abide by the group decision.'

'A veritable flotilla of two!' said Bird, once Pio had stepped down. 'Against those odds, the evildoers must be quaking in their blue boots!'

'O Pio, can I steer the ship some times?', asked Rose, her eyes shining.

'Of course, you can! We'll put you on one of these (she lifts Rose up to stand on the keg top) and you will commandeer the Wheel!'

The group on board gathered together and began to discuss Pio's proposal. The conversation rose and fell as points were debated and precedents discussed.

Mithadan stood on the deck of the catamaran which was staying alongside the ship. He flipped open his cell phone cover and pushed #1 on his speed-dial. On the ship, the phone in Child's pocket vibrated insistently against her leg.

Pio, Bird, and Rose sat down wearily on the deck while the others talked. Pio leaned against her pack, and started to clean her blade, inspecting it for any nicks. She saw Rose glumly looking at the hilt of her own little sword, the blade of which had disintegrated after dealing a fatal blow to Maeglin.

'Rose,' said Pio, reaching into her pack. I'd like you to have something which has been mine from childhood.' She brought out a slender, oblong object about 18" long, wrapped in soft leather. This was my first sword, given to me by my father's sister, my dear aunt. It was the blade she first used as a child.'

She laid the packet in Rose's hands and unwrapped it. It was of Elven silver, worked with an intricate design of stars flowing down the blade. In the pommel was set a clear, white, evershining jewel blazing with an inner fire. Rose's eyes widened in delight, and her mouth formed a little O! of wonder as she gripped the sword and brandished it.

'It is called Elemmìrë, Star Jewel, and was made for Elwing.'

Old 06-12-2002, 07:01 PM   #236
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The first thought that came into Rose's head as the saw this new blade. "WOW" [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

She stood and slashed the air with it. It was exactly her size. And so light. So aerodinamic.

She repeated it's name to herself, "Elemmire" Then she turned to Pio. "Who is Elwing?" she asked curiously.

ooc: That sword is absalutly fantastic! I hope this one stays with me for a long time. Oh, and could you give me the pronounciation of it's name?
Old 06-12-2002, 07:31 PM   #237
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child grinned at Pio and Bird. She had no question in her mind. For, way back, on the second page of this tale, she had already apprised Mith of the fact that the crew had no intentions of surrendering the vessel to the Downs, should they be fortunate enough to commandeer her.

As far as Child was concerned, she now had...let's see.....about an %8 interest in this fine seaworthy vessel. Perhaps, after their little adventure, this ship might be put to some profitable ends which could contribute to the remodeling of her hobbit hole, or even for going off on another adventure.

Child hoped Mith would see the reasonableness of this stance. But just in case, should he need more persuading, she called out to Angara and had her perch atop the masthead keeping a careful eye on the activities below. Child hoped Mith would not need further persuading as their main task was to go against the blue wizard and not against each other.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:09 PM   #238
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Birdie was whistling through her teeth with delight, thinking how far up she had come up in the world to be a one eighth owner of such a fine vessel. She thought of all the wonderful things they could carry on their ship to the far ends of Middle Earth; pipe weed from the Shire, honey from the Beornings, lumber from Dale, horses from Rohan...

Should they hire an Elven crew to sail her? Birdie reluctantly let this idea pass. Elves were wonderful sailors, but you never knew when they might up and quit to head West. Turnover would be a nightmare.

Pio strolled over and asked Birdie, "What will you use for a weapon Birdie? Do you intend to go into battle wielding the sword of Maeglin again?"

"Nooo," said Birdie, "I have a feeling it might be unlucky for me against the Blue Wizards. Might turn in my hands or something. I'll just stick to my faithful sling. It's gotten me out of plenty of scrapes in the past."

"And see," Birdie held out a handful of rough, crystalline stones, "I found plenty of ammo in the hold. Must be ballast stones or something."

Pio's face went white, and she gulped, then spoke" Uh, Birdie...those aren't ballast stones. Those are uncut diamonds!"

"Really!!???" said Birdie looking at the stones with curiosity. "Well, you know what they say: 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend.'" And with that she sent two diamonds whizzing through the air, to bury themselves in the side of the mast.

"Hey Child!" hollered Birdie happily. "What do you think we should call our new ship?"

It was at that moment that the storm struck.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:14 PM   #239
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

the storm was feirce, which was not surprising, considering that they were in the East, and inthe domain of the Blue Wizards. as the first wave struck, all the passegers were thrown onto the floor. Celeaewen jumped up, and made her way with surprising dexterity to the mast, shimming up it like a monkey. Rosseil followed, knowing full well that Celeaewen, loose on a mast in the middle of a thunderstorm not onl;y spelled trouble, but defined it.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:40 PM   #240
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: *Looking up at the sky* Great.

Sam: What now, Miss Stacey?

Primrose: *Looking around* Where's Mister Frodo?

Stacey: I don't know, but as soon as we can, we're getting out of here. I'm tired of being a fifth wheel...*Goes off in search of Frodo*